HP Dv6000 & Dv9000 Intel Only

Vampyric

528 posts in this topic

after update to 10.5.2 seem that the battery meter does show, i need to copy back again to PowerManagement.bundle file and replace the current one.

How do you get power management working?

Thanks,

Beeve

And just a quick question to anyone.. no big deal, but the HP dv line of laptops all have that scroll line on the right of the trackpad and I was just wondering if theres any way to make this work in mac? Just makes web browser a little easier --

This tip totally worked for me on an HP dv6345us with the Synaptics trackpad.

Hello,

i have a HP DV9500ea.

i used the Iatkos version to run MacOs Leopard.

it all went pretty well, but i only have trouble finding some drivers and such.

when i try installing Open Office, X11 (i think thats the "installer") crashes.

someone told me that that could be a problem with my procesor driver.

can someone point what drivers i need exactly and where to find them?

if possible, can someone make a list of all the things he did to make it work propperly??

i'm verry new to this stuff so as much point to point explenation would be very epriciated ;-)

thanks..

I haven't tested everything yet - but here goes.

I have an HP LAPTOP DV6543TX

Santa Rosa 965GM

It has a Core 2 Duo T7100 1.8ghz CPU

I have 4 gig of DDR2 667mhz memory - 2 modules

It has a Nvidia 8400GS 128MB Video Card

I used iATKOS 10.5.1 install on clean partition Dual boot with Vista

Works perfect alongside vista while using darwin boot

I didn't install "anything at all" in the drivers section when first installing iATKOS, it wouldn't work if i did

I then updated this iATKOS install to Kalyway 10.5.2 combo update and all was fine

Everything worked except the camera and sound, "yet i haven't tested everything as yet"

Sound didn't work, but i used the ACL268 installer v2 and now all the sound is working, even the mic etc. yippy.

The system started quite quick and shut down fine - "until video drivers updates were applied".

The video card was only at default settings or something, couldn't adjust resolution up - had sluggish graphics responsiveness within leopard, not bad, but you can see the video card is struggling

So i put on the NVinstaller v33 pkg and that helped the resolution change to the higher stock laptop screen resolution of 1280 / 800

but i still see a slight sluggish response from the reaction of folders etc, as if the video card is struggling still

But the big bummer is after the video card drivers were stalled; the shutdown and start up of the computer is now forever.

This error is showing up on most websites, and forums aswell etc. The shutdown takes 4 minutes ish, and the startup of the computer into Leopard is about 5 minutes. It locks on the apple logo screen for ages, as if its completely locked up, but if you leave it, it will in fact start up.

Yet it was not like this before video card drivers update - from either apple or from version 33 of the nvidia installer pkg

Also, before "and" after any updates, from the very first clean install, the time it takes to view any files inside folders is ages. You double click on a folder and then you have to wait and wait until the icons and files within the folder show up for viewing.

I have not installed any updated kernals or anything - i have vanilla or stock - if they are the same thing. Yet i did try the updated kernal package and then i got the screen of death; i.e. the sign telling me to restart the computer, i.e. i was locked out permenently, as if apple had sent out an update to kill the hacked versions of Leopard or something. lol

Anyhow, not one of these issues above have got me into a steam, im not at all nagging about these issues, its all within the process of getting it runing perfect. i feel we are getting there, getting very close.

Also the sleep doesn't work, the screen will turn off when i shut the lid, but never sleep. Don't know where to turn that function on within Leopard anyhow. Doesn't seem to be an option.

Look forward to seeing some video card drivers that are really good soon, "with adjustable" options, and the rest.

"-)

How do you get power management working?Thanks, Beeve
i've have update my signature there's a links to the battery meter solution :P
Hello,i have a HP DV9500ea.i used the Iatkos version to run MacOs Leopard.it all went pretty well, but i only have trouble finding some drivers and such.when i try installing Open Office, X11 (i think thats the "installer") crashes.someone told me that that could be a problem with my procesor driver.can someone point what drivers i need exactly and where to find them?if possible, can someone make a list of all the things he did to make it work propperly??i'm verry new to this stuff so as much point to point explenation would be very epriciated ;-)thanks..
have you try http://www.neooffice.org/ this work for me.

Yesterday got slightly used HP Pavillion DV6314ea laptop for OS X installation test purposes.

The notebook has following configuration: (what and how works and what doesn't)

1.73 GHz + 1.73Ghz Intel® Centrino® Duo

Memory 1024 MB

Video Intel® GMA 950 up to 128Mb shared memory

HDD 120 GB (5400 rpm) Seagate SATA (ok)

Optic Drive TSSTcorp DVD TS-L632M Writer (+/-R +/-RW) with DL (perfectly)

Display 15.4” WXGA HD BrightView Wide (1280 x 800) (null problemo)

Fax/Modem Conexant 56K modem (didn't test)

Network Card Intel PRO/100 VE (null problemo)

WLAN BroadCom 802.11b/g (null problemo)

Sound Altec Lansing® speakers - works (out of the box)

3D Sound Conexant HD Audio 16 bit integrated -works

Keyboard 101 key compatible keyboard - works (ok, apple key in my case "ALT" key)

Pointing Device Synaptic PS2 Touch Pad with On/Off button and dedicated

vertical Scroll Up/Down pad, volume control, mute buttons, 2 Quick Launch Buttons-works

PC Card Slots (haven't tested)

External Ports 5-in-1 integrated Digital Media Reader (haven't tested)

Digital cards, MultiMedia cards, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro, or xD Picture cards

1 VGA port / 3 USB 2.0 ports - works / Ricoh 1 IEEE-1394 -works ok/

S-video TV out (haven't tested)

2 Headphones-out one w/ SPDIF Digital Audio, 1 Microphone-in port - none working

Power: Shutdown & Restart works, sleep - doesn't, (battery meter displays in percentage only. The battery power is enough to work for good 2.5 h)

This is my 3rd installation of iATKOS to a different machine, first was to Toshiba Sat. A200, second-Dell Inspiron 1720. the installation was so easy, I still can't believe it. But before I took this laptop, I made 2 a weeks extensive research on what notebook could Leopard work flawlessly. Xbench score is 84, I don't know whether is good or not, but the OS X runing in HP 6314 like crazy.

I attached photos, check it out. They're a bit large, so please wait a moment.

http://wantedebooks.com/00022201/thecat/leopardscreen-1.jpg

http://wantedebooks.com/00022201/thecat/hpsuosx-4.jpg

post-184902-1203441728_thumb.jpg

Anybody here using Dual Boot on their HP? If yes, how did you set it up? How many partitions have you got on your drives?

I installed Vista first and tried to install Leopard on the same drive but on different partition, but no boot. :D

Hey, when you installed Leopard (did you use Kalyway?) did you select the MBR bootloader option, and NOT GUID? Give me some more information on your system and setup and I'll try and help ya out.

Beeve

i have a HP DV9500ea.

i used the Iatkos version to run MacOs Leopard.

I have a dv9500 and I cannot get Iatkos installed. I'm using the RC2 patch.

I installed IAtkos and it said it was successful so I restarted it to setup Leopard. I saw the Apple splash screen and the spinning wheel, but then it asked me to restart. WHen I booted with -v, I got back something about "Extension com.driver.apple.ACPIPlatform has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style"

Basically, what options/drivers/kexts did you choose to install? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Anybody here using Dual Boot on their HP? If yes, how did you set it up? How many partitions have you got on your drives?

I installed Vista first and tried to install Leopard on the same drive but on different partition, but no boot. ;)

currently i'm using the dual boot for oem vista and Leo on the seconde partition. My step are:

before you begin you should have disk utilities software, for mine using the acrodisk director, easyBCD(install it in vista), vista installation disk.

1. install vista first normally

2. use vista disk manager to make new partition on the same disk, do not format the partition just leave it un formated

3. install Leo to the partition create lately(i use the kalyway installation disk)

4. after the installation make sure that it always boot to Leo normally

5. use the disk utilities software to make the vista partition became active(Leo installation make Leo partion active)

6. boot with vista installation disk, use repair startup option. and reboot now you should be able to get into vista (always)

7. install easyBCD software and create the boot loader, make new mac boot loader.

8. sucessfully setup the easyBCD should make you dual boot on both os (for mine case after get into dawin bootloader i need to press up/down on keyboard to select the boot partition)

my guide is a rough one, i know. just giving you the idea how i've done. any difficulty do reply to the post.

Hi I Just Installed Kalway 10.5.1 On My DV6642Ca Notebook Pc,

And Everytime It Boots Up It Goes To The Gray Screen, Asking Me To Restart The Computer

I Did The -v Thing And I Got

AppleRTL8169EThernet : phyWaitForAutoNegotiation TIMEOUT

Can Someone Help Me Please?

I Cant Even Disable The Ethernet Card In Bios!!

My final setup goes like this, I was quad booting but dumped Vista.

1) Installed XpMCE2k5 on first partition

2) Installed iAtkos 1 then iAtkos r2 then Kaly on partition 2 (I did the loading over each other as some software included on distros and not on others) btw iAtkos has webcam op that is better. MBR installs.

3) Installed PclinuxOS2K7 and grub to access non active Dows partition.

Grub has

PClinux

linux (safe)

Dows

Mac

entries

Mac option has Dows and Mac options.

I am considering dumping Windows as I am finding a viable OS option for gaming in in OSX!!!!!! Who would have ever thought?

DV9207 with Dell 1490 thanks to BlueDragon_1971 Thanks to all who made this possible! :huh:

iATKOS v1.0i (updated to 10.5.2 with kalyway updater and kernel)

hp pavilion dv9543cl (dv9500t series)

WORKING:

Video: Geforce 8600mGS: WORKS with kext and/or Leopard Graphics Update

Audio: Realtek HD Audio ALC268: WORKS with taruga mod

Network: Ethernet: WORKS

NOT WORKING:

Wireless: Intel Wireless 4965AGN (drivers are in development)

Shutdown (I always get a kernel panic on shutdown, but restart works just fine)

Sleep (This doesn't really matter to me, so i havent tried to fix it)

I followed this guide for original Leopard install (this guide shows you how to dual boot with vista already installed):http://inihilist.wordpress.com/2008/01/07/...and-fool-proof/

I followed this guide to install the 10.5.2 update (post number 45):http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...7170&st=40#

I fixed the battery indicator after 10.5.2 update with this guide:http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=80425

Following all of those guides in order brought me to where i am now...

i also wanted to add that in the begginning (with a fresh iATKOS install with just video and sound drivers), my laptop was extremely sluggish when it was plugged into power with leopard, but this was fixed with the 10.5.2 update and the powermanagement.bundle

did anybody else have this problem (im just wondering even though it is fixed)

Hello i have a Hp dv2525ea (14") I'm on leopard 10.5.1 Iaktros v1.0i (So cool)

Intel core 2duo T7100 1,80

2048 DDR2

Intel Gma 965 X3100

conexant HD audio (I wait the driver for the external connexion)

Internet with Dlink DWA 110 (it work very good with the 10.4 driver) because of this sh°°° 3945ABG

Can you help me about the WEB CAM and the Cards slot(Sd, Xd,...) Does exist Drivers please???

>because some of Hp web cam works and others don't works, so they are the same Web cam 1,3MP (connect on internal usb really) on all the HP dvXXXX with integred web cam?????? Can you explain me or give me the driver you have!!!!

>and i need of the card reader so if it exist the driver.......

I think i go on all forums and sites possible !!! You are my last chance :D

sorry for the bad English

Thanks beaviskob1 and hplaptopmac your answer

I have the same, the blue light is open but no cam! i have test macam but no effect, now i don't have a green background but a black..

so for the card reader i hope one day..... we ever now!!

I wait impatiently the "conexant HD audio driver" to listen musik with more power on amplifier!!!

ciao and good courage!

yes..last question!! the 10.5.2 is really important for the stability?

Does anybody know what your bios version has to be for a dv9500, because no matter what I do, i always get the same kernel panic and i believe it is my bios.

I have the same laptop as hplaptopmac, but i always have to restart after the apple splash screen after installing leopard before getting to the setup.