IPS Driver Error on Forum

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

~pcwiz

~pcwiz

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Retired
  • 5,900 posts
lol. But it seems that the IPS Driver error is common in IPB forums. Even IPB's own demo forum had the error! :D

Paranoid Marvin

Paranoid Marvin

Insanely Around Sometimes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,714 posts
I've had it a few times, mainly in my messenger.

I'm running Safari 3.0

TheTimster

TheTimster

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
i used to use IP.Board when it was IPB 1.3 throguh to 2.1 before it was named IP.board 2.2. i gotta say its great software but its always got bugs dealing with the SQL drivers. anyways, yea it could be a traffic issue though since it just recently popped up. i got three of em already and i've only been on for 10 mins.

Sabr

Sabr

Well, it was fun while it lasted.

• Retired
  • 3,883 posts

does any of the admins know the cause of this? Its painfully annoying.

Obviously not pcwiz, otherwise it would be fixed. :D

Now, we know the problem exists, and we've already started thinking about how to fix it. Until then, you're all just going to have to put up with it. :censored2:

- Sabr.

GBK.Xscape

GBK.Xscape

Carpe Deim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts
Today was the first time it happened to me, so why is it happening anyways?

~pcwiz

~pcwiz

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Retired
  • 5,900 posts
No one knows...

But I did some research and it says that the IPS Driver Error most likely appears when there is high traffic load on the server. I think thats a very possible conclusion.

(MoC)

(MoC)

InsanelyMacaholic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,653 posts
  • Interests:Plenty.
Time to prune the forums dudes. Best thing that you can ever do!

Or upgrade if you can!!

~pcwiz

~pcwiz

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Retired
  • 5,900 posts
Er..I don't think topic pruning will fix it. It has to do mostly with high load so the best possible fix is to upgrade the servers.

Suhail

Suhail

Love is Gone...

• Retired
  • 7,411 posts
  • Interests:PHP Coding
    Trance Music
    Xbox 360 :)
    Web Designing
Now don't call me certain on this but maybe you are overloading the MySQL server with the amount of connections. Too Many connections can cause MySQL to stop responding. Also there is this neat thing called the cache folder which stores all the DB logs :(

~pcwiz

~pcwiz

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Retired
  • 5,900 posts
Yeah thats pretty much what it is. Database overload.

msingh

msingh

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Yeah thats pretty much what it is. Database overload.

Happened to me twice in the space of 10 minutes today. Lost a long typed post each time. This is 3 years on, and still nothing has been done to fix it.

geiman

geiman

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
ditto...

Ed

Ed

Old skool Mac user

• Administrators
  • 818 posts
Hey guys, sorry this has cropped back up again today, we are looking into it.

The forum database is pretty huge, and as a result it can be prone to errors when traffic picks up - we have done what we can to optimise the skin to be as quick as possible, and the hosting is extremely beefy: this whole forum is run off an array of SSD drives, hence it's quite snappy.

However, we do acknowledge the IPS driver error has finally crept back today and we are investigating why, and how we can overcome it.

Thanks for your patience

-Ed

Smith@@™

Smith@@™

InsanelyMac LOL

• Retired
  • 2,928 posts
  • Interests:Dark matter and dark energy. E basta. HD3000. E basta.

Hey guys, sorry this has cropped back up again today, we are looking into it.

The forum database is pretty huge, and as a result it can be prone to errors when traffic picks up - we have done what we can to optimise the skin to be as quick as possible, and the hosting is extremely beefy: this whole forum is run off an array of SSD drives, hence it's quite snappy.

However, we do acknowledge the IPS driver error has finally crept back today and we are investigating why, and how we can overcome it.

Thanks for your patience

-Ed

Finally .. . grazie;_)

Cybex

Cybex

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

this whole forum is run off an array of SSD drives, hence it's quite snappy.

Perhaps you are using the "cheap" JMicron chip based SSD's? Those really suck, especially when used for a longer period. The Intel X-25 based SSD's are good though.

Alessandro17

Alessandro17

Chief of Security

• Administrators
  • 8,345 posts

Does not fix the problem. but you could type long posts in a tex editor, then paste to forum. At least you won't have lost it all.

I haven't lost many posts, if any. Just use the Back Button (I am using Firefox).

ComplexMind

ComplexMind

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Fubra Team
  • 68 posts

Perhaps you are using the "cheap" JMicron chip based SSD's? Those really suck, especially when used for a longer period. The Intel X-25 based SSD's are good though.

They are X-25 drives ;) We're making some further major improvements to the db soon as well :P

BTW, we fixed a long standing bug tonight which may be related to the IPS errors some people have reported. Please let Ed know if you're still having problems.

LinearBurn

LinearBurn

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
Im getting this error a LOT! IT get to the point where i cant do anything sometimes ..... Im thinking the db is slightly overloaded at times....

zammykoo

zammykoo

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

They are X-25 drives -_- We're making some further major improvements to the db soon as well :)

BTW, we fixed a long standing bug tonight which may be related to the IPS errors some people have reported. Please let Ed know if you're still having problems.

I still get this on a daily basis. It happens on both windows and osx. Sometimes it shows up when I first try to load the page, and sometimes when clicking reply, etc.

If it comes up I just go do something else, and in like 30 mins it'll work normally.

Ed

Ed

Old skool Mac user

• Administrators
  • 818 posts
@zammykoo yeah we thought we fixed this, unfortunately it's when a couple of routine tasks that we have to perform everyday kick in - I've requested to at least change the time of this to something a lots later, but in the long-term we do have a solution for this that we are working towards implementing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy