Logic Studio is working in my Hackintosh!

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

pakaya

pakaya

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
Took two days for the DL from the 'Devil torrents'. Running Logic pro 8 and Mainstage with out any problem. WOW. Gonna buy it soon as worth every penny. :(

uphuck 10.4.10

Intel P4, GMA915

UZi706

UZi706

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
Wow, how big of a file was that?

ManCas

ManCas

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
it's 7.2 G or something and that just the dvd 1, retail version comes with a lot of extras (8 dvd), including all of the garage band jam packs.
Two days of download? that's easy. With my connection it will take another 7-8 days, been downloading for 2 already. I'm glad it's working fine.

Cheers

Soultrain

Soultrain

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Took two days for the DL from the 'Devil torrents'. Running Logic pro 8 and Mainstage with out any problem. WOW. Gonna buy it soon as worth every penny. :D

uphuck 10.4.10

Intel P4, GMA915

Wouldnt be better the full version of it? (The Logic Studio Package), only $499

pakaya

pakaya

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Wouldnt be better the full version of it? (The Logic Studio Package), only $499

Yes I agree, I am breaking my piggy bank while I am typing this. :)

levimusic

levimusic

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hey, I just bought the full version of Logic studio but it wont install on my hackintosh. I am running JAS 10.4.9 and when I go to install Logic it says
"Alert! Logic installer recomends your system have 64 MB of VRAM; this system has only 0 MB of VRAM"
And then the installer closes. How do I change my VRAM size? Thanks
Music

-------------
P4 3.0 w/HT / Intel D865Gsa / 80 GB HD /

trovardo

trovardo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey, just check if your vga card is supported by visiting this site carefully and then when installing hackintosh (at the beginning), be sure check out the parameters of nvidia vga or ati depending on your hardware. I had the same problem with logic 8 and i re-installed hackintosh. Now it works!

soapdodger

soapdodger

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Its working here an a mitac 8258d laptop and a edirol Ua-101

I used Jas 10.4.8 sse2 & 3

full resolution with edited kexts from the max.

UZi706

UZi706

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

it's 7.2 G or something and that just the dvd 1, retail version comes with a lot of extras (8 dvd), including all of the garage band jam packs.
Two days of download? that's easy. With my connection it will take another 7-8 days, been downloading for 2 already. I'm glad it's working fine.

Cheers

I found a version that was 218mb, seems to have everything except Loops and the other programs. I'm not using anyways

~T.E.K.B.O.I.~

~T.E.K.B.O.I.~

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:Web Design and Development
Yea, i'm gonna have to buy this. Logic is just has too much content for me to download. I rather just buy the boxed version of it.

levimusic

levimusic

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Yeah!!! I got it working. I had to buy a new Video card (bought a PNY Geforce fx5200). Everything is working great now!!! oh, one more thing, anyone know where I can get a mac coppy of 'Drumagog' and 'Melodyne Studio'? I had them for my PC set up but now that I am running a hackintosh I can't find them for mac. Thanks!!

Everything is working except Dual monitor suport. Any ideas? Thanks again.

AP3X

AP3X

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Yeah!!! I got it working. I had to buy a new Video card (bought a PNY Geforce fx5200). Everything is working great now!!! oh, one more thing, anyone know where I can get a mac coppy of 'Drumagog' and 'Melodyne Studio'? I had them for my PC set up but now that I am running a hackintosh I can't find them for mac. Thanks!!

Everything is working except Dual monitor suport. Any ideas? Thanks again.

You can get Melodyne here:

http://www.celemony.com/cms/

And Drumagog is available here:

http://www.drumagog.com/

Thanks!

s23osx

s23osx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
Hey, I have installed 10.4.9 v1.3 uphuck but can't get Logic 8 (from the green demon) to run. Will be buyin it but I wanna know my sys will run it ok before forkin out the cash.
My only prob with osx is getting the resolution probs sorted, (still hunting and experimenting). I assume my problem is related there somewhere as I see read more that it needs QE, and 64Vram(??)
Pro app, won't install as it says I cannot use any of my hard-drives for the install and Logic simply tells me I cannot install on my system?? Anyone got any ideas?
I'm using a ATI radeon x1200 from the mobo, however, a little birdy told me that she wont run 1x00 kexts. It uses the older x700 system and requires Callisto (tried katana but she gave me panics and a headache!). Done this but still no joy. I'll be playing with more ideas.

Anyone have similar probs? I'll be monitoring post and will keep all updated on my own. I'm certain I can get this one somehow!!

BIG thanks to all those geniuses and gifted poeple who have made all of this poss. You all rock my world!

macita

macita

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts
wrks also here...

conae

conae

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Wrks great here too on q6600 with bad axe2 - better than on the pro in the studio..but for some reason the compressor app will not launch,anybody has same problem...?
Original logic here on uphuck 10.4.9

neophitus

neophitus

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
it's works great on my box, even compressor... :) (sorry my bad english)

My Hack

C2D 1,86 Ghz
1 Gb ram
Asus P5LD2-VM
ALC882 (Thanks Taruga!!!)
GMA950 (works out of the box)
HDD Seagate 80 Gb
Mac OS X 10.4.10 updated from Jas 10.4.8 by Netkas method (10.4.9-10.4.10)
appleSMBios from netkas (fix CS3, about this mac and system profiler problem, thanks netkas your great!!)

bguran

bguran

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
So where you have some music then I wanna hear it, myself I have a Mac mini and Logic 7, Logig studio upgrade comes with the mailman in a day or so. What soundcard do you guys have? Mine is the PCI M audio Delta 1010 running in my PC (that Im trying to make over to a hackingmac with no luck).

XeroGlitch

XeroGlitch

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
Levimusic,
you had to buy a new Graphics card for AUDIO production software?
O_o

Cheers

Even if you had a good connection it would take 7-8 days because of all the leechers.
Unless you download from private trackers such as Audionews or Proaudiotorrents

andrw

andrw

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
I get the same VRAM error here... i have an onboard gfx card.. does anyone know if it will work? or should i get a new gfx card? thanks

EDIT: I did it... lol

Works perfect here

ken_ardency

ken_ardency

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
andrw I'm having same VRAM error too.

can you share how you fix it please

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy