Logic Studio is working in my Hackintosh!

pakaya

74 posts in this topic

it's 7.2 G or something and that just the dvd 1, retail version comes with a lot of extras (8 dvd), including all of the garage band jam packs.

Two days of download? that's easy. With my connection it will take another 7-8 days, been downloading for 2 already. I'm glad it's working fine.

Cheers

Took two days for the DL from the 'Devil torrents'. Running Logic pro 8 and Mainstage with out any problem. WOW. Gonna buy it soon as worth every penny. :D

uphuck 10.4.10

Intel P4, GMA915

Wouldnt be better the full version of it? (The Logic Studio Package), only $499

Hey, I just bought the full version of Logic studio but it wont install on my hackintosh. I am running JAS 10.4.9 and when I go to install Logic it says

"Alert! Logic installer recomends your system have 64 MB of VRAM; this system has only 0 MB of VRAM"

And then the installer closes. How do I change my VRAM size? Thanks

Music

-------------

P4 3.0 w/HT / Intel D865Gsa / 80 GB HD /

Hey, just check if your vga card is supported by visiting this site carefully and then when installing hackintosh (at the beginning), be sure check out the parameters of nvidia vga or ati depending on your hardware. I had the same problem with logic 8 and i re-installed hackintosh. Now it works!

it's 7.2 G or something and that just the dvd 1, retail version comes with a lot of extras (8 dvd), including all of the garage band jam packs.

Two days of download? that's easy. With my connection it will take another 7-8 days, been downloading for 2 already. I'm glad it's working fine.

Cheers

I found a version that was 218mb, seems to have everything except Loops and the other programs. I'm not using anyways

Yeah!!! I got it working. I had to buy a new Video card (bought a PNY Geforce fx5200). Everything is working great now!!! oh, one more thing, anyone know where I can get a mac coppy of 'Drumagog' and 'Melodyne Studio'? I had them for my PC set up but now that I am running a hackintosh I can't find them for mac. Thanks!!

Everything is working except Dual monitor suport. Any ideas? Thanks again.

Yeah!!! I got it working. I had to buy a new Video card (bought a PNY Geforce fx5200). Everything is working great now!!! oh, one more thing, anyone know where I can get a mac coppy of 'Drumagog' and 'Melodyne Studio'? I had them for my PC set up but now that I am running a hackintosh I can't find them for mac. Thanks!!

Everything is working except Dual monitor suport. Any ideas? Thanks again.

You can get Melodyne here:

http://www.celemony.com/cms/

And Drumagog is available here:

http://www.drumagog.com/

Thanks!

Hey, I have installed 10.4.9 v1.3 uphuck but can't get Logic 8 (from the green demon) to run. Will be buyin it but I wanna know my sys will run it ok before forkin out the cash.

My only prob with osx is getting the resolution probs sorted, (still hunting and experimenting). I assume my problem is related there somewhere as I see read more that it needs QE, and 64Vram(??)

Pro app, won't install as it says I cannot use any of my hard-drives for the install and Logic simply tells me I cannot install on my system?? Anyone got any ideas?

I'm using a ATI radeon x1200 from the mobo, however, a little birdy told me that she wont run 1x00 kexts. It uses the older x700 system and requires Callisto (tried katana but she gave me panics and a headache!). Done this but still no joy. I'll be playing with more ideas.

Anyone have similar probs? I'll be monitoring post and will keep all updated on my own. I'm certain I can get this one somehow!!

BIG thanks to all those geniuses and gifted poeple who have made all of this poss. You all rock my world!

• 2 weeks later...

it's works great on my box, even compressor... :) (sorry my bad english)

My Hack

C2D 1,86 Ghz

1 Gb ram

Asus P5LD2-VM

ALC882 (Thanks Taruga!!!)

GMA950 (works out of the box)

HDD Seagate 80 Gb

Mac OS X 10.4.10 updated from Jas 10.4.8 by Netkas method (10.4.9-10.4.10)

appleSMBios from netkas (fix CS3, about this mac and system profiler problem, thanks netkas your great!!)

So where you have some music then I wanna hear it, myself I have a Mac mini and Logic 7, Logig studio upgrade comes with the mailman in a day or so. What soundcard do you guys have? Mine is the PCI M audio Delta 1010 running in my PC (that I´m trying to make over to a hackingmac with no luck).

Levimusic,

you had to buy a new Graphics card for AUDIO production software?

O_o

Cheers

Even if you had a good connection it would take 7-8 days because of all the leechers.

Unless you download from private trackers such as Audionews or Proaudiotorrents

• 2 weeks later...

Please somebody help me! I know that full Logic Studio write on 12DVD! But I have slow connection and can not download 48 Gb! Please if somebody can exchange this with me then write to my email:igaroc@rambler.ru! I can send to you Spectrasonics Atmosphere for Mac on 6CD and Spectrasonics Stylus RMX on 2DVD for Mac and Spectrasonics Trilogy for PC on 5CD!! Please write me answer!!

• 2 weeks later...
So where you have some music then I wanna hear it, myself I have a Mac mini and Logic 7, Logig studio upgrade comes with the mailman in a day or so. What soundcard do you guys have? Mine is the PCI M audio Delta 1010 running in my PC (that I´m trying to make over to a hackingmac with no luck).

have you had luck with getting this card to work with osx? I dont have one but I'm planning on getting one soon and would like some insight.

also... I too downloaded the 7.2gb version and just installed. Runs like a champ and nice to know that osx is recognizing and utilizing my 2 cores :D

I had the <300mb version and it was lacking presets. dont really care for loops but presets are worth the extra download.