[How to] Asus P5K-VM guide

delish

1,244 posts in this topic

I did have a few problems in the end:

AppleHDA inside /S/L/E results in:

kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleHDA]: The following symbols are unresolved for this kext:

kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleHDA]: DspFuncManager::resetAllDspFuncs()

kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleHDA]: DspFuncManager::process(void const*, unsigned int, void const*, unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int)

My best guess is that it is 32bit. But not sure. So, audio is out of commission. I will try to do that from within /Extra and update. It also gave a number of errors regarding the kext not being authentic. NextI will the audio hack for ALC883 that Xantrax mentioned, assuming that it is the LegacyALC883.kext.

Looks like that was my mistake. All worked out from BlackCH's AppleHDA.kext in the /S/L/E folder.

Secondly, I took your BlackCH's DSDT, and adapted it to Q6600 @ 2.4GHz. But looks like my Geekbench scores are down to 2000 or so. Which is almost half of what it should be, I believe. Considering that I am getting more than that on a real mac with CoreDuo 2.16... The fans also seem to be running at constant speed, instead of revving up or down. I will include the DSDT here. Would appreciate if you could take a look...

EDIT: Looks like I am at geekbench 2330, which is pretty low.

dsdt.aml.zip

The stepping tables seems to be OK. Re-check them in any case. See if they are loaded on the IO reg.

See if the smbios.plist is ok and the machine model (MacPro 2,1) is loaded; this is required for proper steping.

Note my dsdt is tuned for 4 GB ram only. You need to put the right value in this line:

"OperationRegion (BIOS, SystemMemory, 0xCFF8E064, 0xFF)"

You need to re-dump your DSDT from windows or linux and get that value from it.

I dont have any issues with audio. As I mention before I get some sound assertions errors at boot but the sound works... I'll do some tests over the weekend if I find time.

The stepping tables seems to be OK. Re-check them in any case. See if they are loaded on the IO reg.

See if the smbios.plist is ok and the machine model (MacPro 2,1) is loaded; this is required for proper steping.

Note my dsdt is tuned for 4 GB ram only. You need to put the right value in this line:

"OperationRegion (BIOS, SystemMemory, 0xCFF8E064, 0xFF)"

You need to re-dump your DSDT from windows or linux and get that value from it.

I dont have any issues with audio. As I mention before I get some sound assertions errors at boot but the sound works... I'll do some tests over the weekend if I find time.

Thanks for the help. Tried a few things, but no go:

- The smbios.plist is ok and the machine model (MacPro 2,1) is loaded;

- Got 8 gigs. But the set-up is still 0xCFF8E064, 0xFF. I think it is related to the ROM version, if I remember right.

- Went thru smbios and org.chameleon.Boot, seems fine, but no dice.

Still single speed fan, and geekbench at 2000 or so... I am out of ideas...

EDIT: OK, I got everything working. Turns out my crappy intel CPU fan had popped up, failing to cool the CPU. Once I seated it back down, the modified dsdt I posted works fine for Q6600 along with blackCH's kexts. I have the geekbench at around 5200 again. So all is fine. Thanks, for all the help.

hi guys, thanks for your great work. my system runs very good with mountain lion. i only have a problem with sleep. when i take the pc in sleep mode i cant wake it up. the cpu fan runs during the whole time during sleep mode.

I use the kexts posted from BlackCH and the dsdt file from bikinifarm ( also have a q6600)

Does anyone has an idea how to solve the problem??

Thanks in advance

hi guys, thanks for your great work. my system runs very good with mountain lion. i only have a problem with sleep. when i take the pc in sleep mode i cant wake it up. the cpu fan runs during the whole time during sleep mode.

I use the kexts posted from BlackCH and the dsdt file from bikinifarm ( also have a q6600)

Does anyone has an idea how to solve the problem??

Thanks in advance

You see the post from BlackCH about the

"OperationRegion (BIOS, SystemMemory,

0xCFF8E064, 0xFF

)", make sure you put the right value there

:wink2:

hmm, I have the same values there.. do I have to change them?

speed seems to be ok, I got 5200 in geekbench

Is really rare to have different machines with the same value there, to be sure you have to make a clean DSDT ( Linux live cd is a god way to do it ), navigate to that section and check the value in the new obtained DSDT, if is different you need to replace the wrong value with the new one obtained. :wink2:

I made the dsdt with DSDTSE under mac osx, hope this is also ok. the values there are: OperationRegion (BIOS, SystemMemory, 0xCFF8E064, 0x2D)

But it doesnt change anything :(

the problem has been since the beginning. with windows it works without problem..

Asus P5K-VM EFI.zipAppleHDA.kext.zip

I made the dsdt with DSDTSE under mac osx, hope this is also ok. the values there are: OperationRegion (BIOS, SystemMemory, 0xCFF8E064, 0x2D)

But it doesnt change anything :(

the problem has been since the beginning. with windows it works without problem..

You make the DSDT when running a clean installation?, or with another DSDT running in the system, if you make it in a clean installation then you have another problem, this tread have a big section dealing with the kind of problem you have, you can check it over ( I know is tedious ) or you can use the DSDT I posted in the guide about Lion and modify it to adapt to your system, you need to change the processor and OperationRegion values to the values of your system, if you use the EFI method of installation I'm posting the files I use on it, remember, You need a CLEAN DSDT values in OperationRegion section. Good luck. :wink2:

Hi,

I followed this thread for a while. now after installing ML and using the files from BlackCH an my DSDT it runs but there is no network (ethernet). tried a lot but no chance. what to do? I use P5K-Vm_2.kext in E/E. even tried Marvel Kext from ox86.net but no ethernet?

thx

Hi,

I am running fine 10.7.4...following the BlackCH suggestion to obtain Montain Lion will I lose all my data/application?

In other words is it a new fresh installation (Hard Disk formatted) or only an upgrade that saves data/application?

tks.

bye

If you have implemented a backup with Time Machine you can make a clean installation and transfer all your data and applications during the installation, it gives you the choice to do it as part of the installation or after ( it's better to do it during the installation ), so that's not a problem. :angel_not:

• 3 weeks later...

thanks to Riley Freeman we have AppleHDA.kext 2.3.0 from ML patched for ALC883 (no sound assertions errors):

use:

1. with custom DSDT where HDEF device is added (ALC883 patch or P5K-VM patch) and Layout ID set to 12

2. without DSDT with HDAEnabler.kext

also we have MarvellYukon88E8056.kext working in ML for integrated network (no need to modify IONetworkingFamily.kext)

use with npci=0x3000 and PCIRoot=0 in org.chameleon.boot.plist:

1. with custom DSDT where LAN0 is added or not (doesn't matter)

2. without DSDT

AppleHDA.kext.zip

Marvell.zip

ALC883.rar

• Like 1

Hi,

I followed the BlackCH suggestion in order to install ML.

I followed the guide http://www.insanelym...howtopic=280756 and then installed (from BlackCH):

p5k-vm_2-kext ;

Patched_10.7_Apple RTC.kext;

AppleHDa.kext;

I create a very first DSDT following the guide:

1. Open DSDT Editor

2. Go-to File -> Extract DSDT

3. Go-to IASL -> Compile (if you get any errors click “Fix Errors”)

4. Go-to IASL -> Save AML as. Save it as “DSDT.aml” in /Extra.

Ethernet is working, sound no.

I did not installed yet FakeSMC.kext and JMicronATA.kext from BlackCH.

The hackintosh is running but sometimes it hangs (i think that it does not wake up when goes in sleep mode).

In the S/L/E some Kext have a strange symbol (see photo).

Could You give me some hint?

tks

pippo

post-151147-0-14643100-1346607254_thumb.png

First, the DSDT has to be extracted under linux or windows. Then decompile, modify and recompile it (use mine as a model; but keep the right values for your RAM, GFX, etc).

Those kexts have wrong permissions. Install them again with kextwizard.

Hi,

I have got my dsdt file using a Linux live distro with the following command: sudo cat /proc/acpi/dsdt > dsdt.aml

I am trying to compare by dsdt with the one from BlackCH but is too hard for me....

Here my hardware configuration:

Motherboard Asus P5K-VM

Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT 1024 MB

Memory 5 GB 800 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

Processor 2.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo E6550

Bios 1001

Sata port 0 HD SAMSUNG HD501LJ , capacity 500G

Sata port 1 DVD HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-H62N

Sata port 4 HD Seagate ST31000528AS , capacity 1T

Sata port 5 HD FUJITSU MHY2250BH , capacity 250G

Firewire PCI card

Could You please give me an help?

Thanks in advance.

p.s. I cannot access into my Apple Store account..

Pippo

dsdt.aml.zip

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello,

Currently in 10.6.6 (using the blackch great bootdisc), i want to upgrade to ML..

I have tried two times to follow the guide but i have a problem !

I success to start from the USB key, i also access to the chameleon bootloader, but when i select the usb key for launching the ML installation my computer reboot..

Moreover, if i start from the chameleon bootloader from the harddisk in order to launch the usb key i have this message : "efi inject get devprop string null trying stringdata"

Does it mean something for someone ?

• 4 weeks later...

I have a problem to start my installed ML partition.

I installed ML using the guide BlackCH prefered in post 1198.

I can install the sytem via usb stick, but when try to start the ML partition the monitor freezes and i have start the mac again.

I have installed all the recommended kexts. But i have no idea where the error come from.

It would be nice, if anyone has an idea.

post-252788-0-37462500-1354987619_thumb.jpg

Hi,

the hd is always set to ahci.

I have a working 10.7.2 partition and i compare the kext's with my 10.8. hd.

i guess it will be some missing kext. so i have to try a little bit.

it start with " -x " ,

but without this i have a problem

13.Dec. : fixed the problem. i have a running ML :wink2:

• 4 weeks later...

100% Vanilla wifi for p5k-vm for any one interested I'm using a DW1510

( BCM94322HM8L ) half height pci e laptop card recognised straight away as third party wireless card and it's airdrop supported just fit it to a pci e X1 adapter card

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everybody,

my specs are:

Asus P5K-VM

Intel Q6600

2x2 GB OCZ PC2-5300)

GeForce 8800 GTS 512 MB

I've installed Mountain Lion with my one DSDT (I created on xubuntu live cd with sudo cat /sys/firmware/acpi/tables/DSDT > DSDT.aml).

I modified my DSDT with DSDTSE Editor like this Tutorial and used the Patches from http://olarila.com/forum/packs.php you can find attached. You can also find my patched DSDT.

I followed this Tutorial to install Mountain Lion and my DSDT file.

After that I've installed BlackCH's kexts from post #1196. I used the kext wizard 3.7.10 to install them.

The following problems exists:

• Audio doesn't work
  • Sleep Mode doesn't work (hard drive shuts down but fans continue to run and I can't wake up the system)
  • Wake On LAN doesn't work

Is there any tutorial for the P5K-VM Board to get run Mountain Lion step by step?

Hope you can help me. If any information is missing please tell me.

The problem for me is to find the correct files for patching DSDT and find the correct kext files for Audio, Sleep Mode and Wake ON LAN.

Thanks a lot.

ALC883.txt

P5K VM.txt

DSDT.aml.zip

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone tried using Clover with this board? I am not able to use iMessages due to well documented problems. But when I try to use the latest Chameleon version that addresses that issue, booting stalls without DSMOS arriving, shortly after sound assertion errors which I believe are normal. Old Chameleon from August 2012 boots fine. So I figured I'd give Clover a try, but I have not been able to successfully boot. I believe you need a 'proper' config.plist for that. Has anyone created that? Thanks...

• Like 1