Work x1950gt pro ! Dev_ID = 0x72801002 and 0x72881002 !

Bronya

1,886 posts in this topic

Hello, the trick from my previous post worked fine again for me. If it doesn't, try using the kexts you had working in 10.6.3, it might work just fine.

The 81FA60720000 string appears two times, I replaced them both, and noticed nothing wrong. As I can't test the patch for 7280 and 7288 cards, I won't post any patched kext, I'll let someone who can test do it.

I hope it will help you.

Mac OS X 10.6.4 running on an ASUS P5W DH Deluxe mobo.

ATI X1950 Pro (7280) at 1280 x 1024 resolution.

QI/QC appears to be OK. DVD player and FrontRow apps working. Thanks very much for this !!

B.T.W. Mouse tearing artifacts now appear as trails behind mouse in some apps, and losing mouse altogether after full screen app like FrontRow or when OpenGL screensavers are used. Any help or advice on how to clear this mouse tearing problem would be greatly appreciated.

;) 100% working now ! :P

Don't know what I did wrong the first time, but after uninstalling, then reinstalled the kexts and fixing permissions everything now works as it should. Full QI/QC, no mouse tearing, monitor correctly identified, resolution change, refresh rate change, and screen rotation options all available. Woohoo!! Thanks once again plan3r for all your hard work.

Oh my gawd....glad i came across your post.

Your solution worked awesomly. Dashboard ripples 4 the win!

I love you.

10.6.4, Asus x1950pro. Screen resolution is correct also.

So here is pack for ATi x1950GT/PRO under 10.6.3:

If you device id is 7280 downlod this pack

ati_x1950_7280_10.6.3.zip

and put:

EVOenabler-x19X0.kext,

JaminMc-x19x0-inject-cont.kext and

JaminMc-x19x0.kext in /Extra/Extensions/

and ATIRadeonX1000.kext in

/Sytem/Library/Extensions/ overwriting original there.

If you device id is 7288 downlod this pack

ati_x1950_7288_10.6.3.zip

and put:

EVOenabler-x19X0.kext,

JaminMc-x19x0-inject-cont.kext and

JaminMc-x19x0.kext in /Extra/Extensions/

and ATIRadeonX1000.kext in

/Sytem/Library/Extensions/ overwriting original there.

Afterwards use Kext Utility to repair permissions and rebuild mkext files.

First 3 kexts will give you resolution change and graphics card identification and modified ATIRadeonX1000.kext QE and CI. Please delete all prevision injectors and modifications. I've modified <IOPCIMatch> and Hexedited some values in all of those kexts. This should work only on 10.6.3., or at least, my ID 7288 works perfectly runing QE+CI. Also 1280x720 all high on BioShock goes really smooth :-)

Update:

If you get stupid warning upon boot, something about card cable, just ignore it until we figure out how to silence it. QE+CI and full resolution should work despite that.

Hello again. I've tried sleep since installing these kexts and the PC goes to sleep OK, but when I press the power button to wake it up there is some disk activity but the monitor remains black. Have to power down and reboot to get it back. Anyone else having similar problems with sleep ?

Hello again. I've tried sleep since installing these kexts and the PC goes to sleep OK, but when I press the power button to wake it up there is some disk activity but the monitor remains black. Have to power down and reboot to get it back. Anyone else having similar problems with sleep ?

Yeah, I've got the same problem with sleep last time I checked.

BUT I DO HAVE QE/CI WORKING:

If you're like me and the various kexts and solutions don't work for you, or

if you're curious as to what's actually going on in these kext mods,

I've documented the modifications I made to the two vanilla kexts to get

resolution switching and QE/CI working on my machine with

an X1950 Pro (0x7280).

I've tested these mods on 10.6/10.6.3 and 10.6.4.

You can find my post here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=223631

BUT I DO HAVE QE/CI WORKING:

I've tested these mods on 10.6/10.6.3 and 10.6.4.

You can find my post here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=223631

If anyone is reading this thread and having these 0xED/Info.plist mods fail, I suggest checking which bootloader you're using. I just figured out tonight that RC4 is not working for me but PC EFI 10.6 is. I'm booting from grub and when I boot into RC4 I get an ATI1900/X1000 panic and when I boot exactly the same system with PC EFI 10.6, it works flawlessly with QE/CI. If you're having trouble getting QE/CI working, I suggest reading my write up and using PC EFI 10.6.

• 2 weeks later...
This package works fine for 10.6.4,7288 tested.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1469651

Same for me, those kexts work almost perfect for me. I have the 7280 with 10.6.4.

What I mean by almost perfect. I get the ocansional greenish horizontal line showing up. Also some strange random lockups. But rez is good and rotation is supported. I have this card in a Asus P6T.

Thanks for all the great work!

oq

Im a newbie to this so could someone please instruct me on how to put the kexts in the proper place? I dont see a /Extra/Extensions/ folder and I need to know what to do with the files. The last time I tried I had to reformat the OS and I REALLY NEED SOME HELP PLEASE!!!!

Right, all help will be appreciated! I've got the ATI Radeon x1950 Pro PCI-E 512MB (7280)

I'm running SL 10.6.4.

I've used some methods to enable resolution switching etc, but they're no good. (No QE/CI, System Profiler reads the graphics card as Chipset Model: Unknown)

I've tried the drivers on the first post, with no luck, they give me a Kernel panic...

Please help me!? I NEEED this to work! My college studies depend on my mac running with this graphics card, I can't run Aperture or Logic or anything..

I will seriously love you forever if you help me!

C x

Right, all help will be appreciated! I've got the ATI Radeon x1950 Pro PCI-E 512MB (7280)

I'm running SL 10.6.4.

I've used some methods to enable resolution switching etc, but they're no good. (No QE/CI, System Profiler reads the graphics card as Chipset Model: Unknown)

I've tried the drivers on the first post, with no luck, they give me a Kernel panic...

Please help me!? I NEEED this to work! My college studies depend on my mac running with this graphics card, I can't run Aperture or Logic or anything..

I will seriously love you forever if you help me!

C x

Next time use search and check all posts first in this thread. Anyway try this: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1469651

Im a newbie to this so could someone please instruct me on how to put the kexts in the proper place? I dont see a /Extra/Extensions/ folder and I need to know what to do with the files. The last time I tried I had to reformat the OS and I REALLY NEED SOME HELP PLEASE!!!!

What bootloader are you using? You'll get extra folder when using chameleon for example. But all kexts can also work if you put them all in /Sytem/Library/Extensions/. If you're on 10.6.3 or 10.6.4, try http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1469651

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi All,

first thanks to Bronya for his work! I installed iDeneb 10.5.6 with voodoo 9.6 kernel on Prescot P4 and i865PE based Gigabyte board with 3 GB RAM and either IDE and SATA drives. My ATI is an Sapphire Radeon x1950gt AGP.

The driver installs fine after a while of trying, I get full hardware support. But here is my problem: After booting I have a minute or so for looking that my driver works fine ;-) Then the system hangs or get freeze while my (usb) mouse is still working. In the moment the computer freezes it start to read/write on the HardDrive. If I boot in Safe Mode the driver is inactive but the system works fine.

Does anybody has an idea about that? Tryed a lot starting from installation of other versions (iDeneb 10.5.5) and other kernels (XNU 9.4, .....) ending by using other drivers.. Still se same, driver is active and system hangs or driver is inactive and system works. Really anoying :-(

Thanks for any help,

madsector

Just found that threat and discovered that I never posted the solution. The problem wasn't the graphics card, it was Hyper Threating of the main processor. Deactivated it in computers BIOS and everthing worked fine. Just in case someone has a similar problem ;-)

Greets,

mad

• 3 weeks later...
I have ATI Radeon x1950 Pro PCI-E 512MB (7288) and followed your instrauctions.

CI/QE ok in SL 10.6.4 BUT ONLY ONE MONITOR!!!!

(I have 2 monitors connected, DVI not working, and VGA2DVI working...

anyone can help?

Try Natit.kext or evo-enabler.kext, both working for me for dual monitors.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

anyone got their Ati X1950 Pro fully working with sleep in SL 10.6.4? I understand the options above does get HW acceleration, but not sleep function.

My computer is able to sleep/wake with another graphics card, but not with X1950 Pro - so it is definitely problem with it.

I'm quite a noob - would for example DSDT editing get the sleep to work? Any thoughs? 

Thank you 

OK I used the pack from this download, deleted all kexts ATIxxxxxController.kext and ATIFramebuffer.kext. Then installed ATIRadeonX1000GA.plugin, ATIRNDRV.kext and Natit.kext into S/L/E, repaired permissons etc. with kexthelper.

Now I have everything working with QE / CI active, 1920x1200 resolution in 32bit.

SLEEP WORKING in 32bit!

In 64bit I don`t have right resolution (didn`t try SwitchResX though) and sleep also doesn`t work, it even wont go to sleep.

So in 32bit, X1950Pro id7280 works perfect with sleep!

It would be nice to get it working in 64bit and vanilla, any suggestions guys?

Never tried. I use a PCI Audigy2 which works great ;)

Btw, I've done a package based on the "installer" by Bronya. It uses as many vanilla files as possible. Also I discovered there is no need for deleting ATISupport.kext and the model name is shown correctly. My package uses an old PrionaceB which makes the card's fan a lot less noisy.

Here's the link: http://www.4shared.com/file/9P7RGDsu/1053_7280.html

Hi all,

I have a MSI k8N Neo2 and after some tests without success i decided to install Tiger osx 10.4.8.

All works greath but my Ati x1950 pro 512 AGP.

After some tests, now the x1950 is recognized and all resolution works in VGA and DVI too, unfortunately the QE and CI doesn't work.

The link in the first page (to download the right driver for Tiger) is dead, can someone help me or tell me where find a good driver for x1950 pro AGP Tiger version?

Thanks

Marcone698

Tried to follow this guide. As result it gives me the similar picture like this

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/2488/img0052ar.jpg

Not my picture though. I can see my cursor and i can move it, seems like OS booted.

If I remove ATIRadeonX1000.kext everything looks clear, video card has been detected properly and resolution changing works well but no qe/ci.

After installing ATIRadeonX1000.kext the problem comes back. Permissions are fine.

Had no problems at all on 10.5.8 and 10.6.2 but I need 10.6.3 :)

Any suggestions for me?

Thanks

I have exactly the same problem on iatkos S3 version 2 (10.6.3) with my x1950, if i remove ATIRadeonX1000.kext the resolution it's ok, but i don't have the qe/ci, any solutions ?

• 3 weeks later...

After applying the SnowLeo grpahics update I get kernel panic in ATIRadeonX1000.kext. adding 0x72801002 to the list of supported Ids did not help.

Any suggestions?

More to patch?

Thanks

Joey

PS I use the package from plan3r, which is really great except that I can't figure out how to survive this update...