Hacking Leopard GUI

SCARECR0W

225 posts in this topic

I did some testing and tweaking myself.. and i realise that if u want a totally transparent dock with 100% reflection, all you need to do is jus remove all the scurve files....

now, when u're working in photoshop for you files, the alpha depends on the global transparency (opacity) of the layer that ur working on... and the whole image is rendered in perspective.. so i u want to have a definitive edge, all you need to do is to jus define that edge inside your rectangular file... the dock will do the rest.. (ie, the borders you see on some of the files here) i think full transparency works best with dark backgrounds and sucks with light ones as an example shown here of my desktop... time to migrate to a darker one.. (though i like this one that i created... :D hai..)

post-14789-1193748458_thumb.jpg

Guest mrg11545

Ok Here is mine:

Picture%204.png

Also i can't seem to find the seperator program can some1 point it to me. I would like to seperate my icons.\

I made my own little Dock theme applescript app, i really wish i could program...

this too has to be put into the Applications folder and keep the same name...

it's got two different themes and can set you back to the default by push of buttons...

i'll take screenshots later, it's pretty late and i struggled to make the application better than the piece that it is now.

MyDock.zip

please make yourself clearer... if u're looking for the separator found in the dock of the pic, then its in build... no need to find it, cos its always there....

if u're looking for a blank app, then u can always create a blank png file with 100% alpha, then use preview to copy the image, then paste it to the app to make it blank.. then drag that blank app to the dock...

Wow! Everyone's Dock modifications looks really nice!

I managed to get the 3D Side Dock back in the Leopard GM. All I did was completely replace the Dock.app Package Contents with the files from 9a559, not the ideal solution. Any help would be appreciated. If you're interested here are the Dock Package Contents from Build 9a559: 9a559DockContents.zip.

picture1so0.png

I also posted the same information in this thread in case anyone reads it.

Peace.

update!

application folder and name dependency problem is fixed! now the app works, no matter where is placed!

new themes added...

my english is still bad ^^

LOL! You're English is fine.

That's a really cool app. Thanks for sharing!

Sometimes I get an AppleScript Error message that says, "No matching processes belonging to you were found (1)". Then I just re-open Dock.app and everything is cool again.

I made a small command line script to quickly replace the correct scurve files. just place the new ones in the same folder as the script. then open terminal, cd to that directory, sh the script and there you go, new dock with your very own custom backgrounds. With it are two of my favorites I made today and the originals.

the script doesn't back them up.

Archive.zip

update!

application folder and name dependency problem is fixed! now the app works, no matter where is placed!

new themes added...

wow much better job than i did, thats awesome!

you should get the ball rolling with that, take submissions too

update!

new themes added...

that mirror dock is Awesome!!!!

(I personally don't like the grid theme - but the other options are great!)

thanks so much.

you need and icon, and to fix the Application name in the menu bar("docktweak", "about NewApplication", "Quit NewApplication" and "NewApplication" in the help menu), and post it up on VersionTracker/Macupdate

update!

new themes added...

This is great, just one tiny thing, it would be AWSOME if we could add own styles....

update!

new themes added...

Can you upload this on other server? please)

on something like sendspace.com