Hacking Leopard GUI

SCARECR0W

225 posts in this topic

That isn't actually a "hack." If you read about how it works, it says it places a window directly behind the menubar.

I don't think it will be the same as it did before.

Wanna know why everything looks unfinished on the UI ? Coz they are beta graphics. Aqua was perfect, why would Apple have redone it ? Vector Graphics. :D

You don't know how the Vector graphics are in the files, surely not pngs as before so I don't think any old program opening that files will work ;)

btw, just do "locate Extras.rsrc" ^_^

So here is your answer :

/System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Frameworks/HIToolbox.framework/Resources/

Extras.rsrc is the PPC one Extras2.rsrc is the Intel one.

To try theming, try to install UNO and select the all Unified mode (the whiteish one, not the iTunes one).

I figured out how to make indicators surrounding the icons i.e. above them and to the sides as well as below them.

You have to create a file in photoshop where the proportions are, say, 50 by 150 (you'll have to base this on the size of your own dock).

The center of this image will always be the point directly below the icon where the indicator usually resides. By working in the top half of the image, you can create decorations surrounding the icon.

It works, but I wasn't sure of any way to put it to good use.

Any ideas?

I see what you mean. Let me give that a try and post my results.

Unfortunately, that doesn't work. I think that Mac may use the top of the indicator.png image as the reference point (in other words, it always lines up the top of the image with the bottom of the running icon). So, if you make the indicator.png image bigger, it always makes the top hit the bottom the icon.

I figured out how to make indicators surrounding the icons i.e. above them and to the sides as well as below them.

You have to create a file in photoshop where the proportions are, say, 50 by 150 (you'll have to base this on the size of your own dock).

The center of this image will always be the point directly below the icon where the indicator usually resides. By working in the top half of the image, you can create decorations surrounding the icon.

It works, but I wasn't sure of any way to put it to good use.

Any ideas?

I think some things could be neat, but it would be a lot more useful if the indicators scaled with the dock size.

I still cannot get it to work for me.

Here's my latest dock:

Dock_latest.png

For some reason the image came out darker than what it really is.

Here's a better picture, I think:

Dock_latest_w.png