9A466 App Compatibility

Jimmni

112 posts in this topic

I´ve installed 9A466 on both my macbook pro and my Imac 20". The weird problem is that networking does not work between those to machines now, however my girlf. has a macbook with tiger, that is picked up on the network.

I have a question about Safari beta 3.0.2. Is there anybody who installed it on Leopard ? Does it run smoothly ?

Leopard comes with safari 3 beta by default. So, yeah, everybody who installed leopard had safari 3 beta. Read in these posts, there have been quite a few people complaining about safari crashing.

Oh, unfortunately CISCO VPN doesn't work either! Bummer!

With the new patch (thank you, Nomen Nescio), NeoOffice works just fine. I also find it a lot quicker than it was on Tiger.

Transmit also works.

oh yeah! Thanks for the link! :D it does seem a bit faster, doesn't it?

Camino is turning out too buggy to use :(

Camino is ugly as hell. Why, on earth, would u want to use that? :hysterical: I only use Safari and Netscape 9. The latter is faster than Safari, Firefox and Camino. Oh, and is compatible with all the firefox plugins too! :D

The cisco vpn client is working for me. Make sure you are using version 4.9.01. I initally installed 4.9.00 and it did not work.

cool i'll try that. Thanks! ;)

Yay! cisco vpn 4.9.0.1 works! Thanks again! :thumbsup_anim:

iPartition - I could get it to install, recognise my license key, but when I select any of my hdds it becomes unresponsive and crashes.

Does so on my Macbook Pro and iMac G5 :hysterical:

Also - I'd say Firefox is VERY sketchy and not 100% -- the font issue has driven me to reluctantly use Safari until it's fixed.

I have a question about Safari beta 3.0.2. Is there anybody who installed it on Leopard ? Does it run smoothly ?

I installed it correctrly via Pacifist, overwriting everything e except a Dock system file which probably is better not being pudated.

I ma having an issue with my previous TimeMachine backups on an External Drive, they are not recognized by 9A466 and aren't even recognized in the Migration Assistant. And when I try to copy my files over manually it says I don't have Sufficient Privileges. I need my files back.

Stupidly I figured that if I had back ups I would be about to use them.

IS anyone having the same issue?

Matt

Hi everybody, this is my very first post... needless to mention I am at 68% of the 9A466 .... so I ma just enquiring about an app nobody mentioned yet: Microsoft Office 2004..... is it working on the new cat?

Thanks!

Hi everybody, this is my very first post... needless to mention I am at 68% of the 9A466 .... so I ma just enquiring about an app nobody mentioned yet: Microsoft Office 2004..... is it working on the new cat?

Thanks!

Yes. It works well.

Is there some working QuickTime codec plugins for the new cat?

Not really. Perian works but is awfully slow, you have to wait a few minutes for the video to load. In the meantime, you can download and install VLC and use it to watch the video. :D

Flip4Mac works smoothly, but regarding the fact that no one actually uses WMV ...

Not really. Perian works but is awfully slow, you have to wait a few minutes for the video to load. In the meantime, you can download and install VLC and use it to watch the video. :)

Flip4Mac works smoothly, but regarding the fact that no one actually uses WMV ...

Using Perian 0.5 I can watch XviDs but not DivXes! Trying to watch a DivX will loop eating 100% CPU :'(

I have tried to install Unsanity's Shapeshifter but application enhancer (which seems to be required by Shapeshifter) does not work and thus so does Shapeshifter itself.... anyone got a workaround or was succesfull in making it work?

I have tried to install Unsanity's Shapeshifter but application enhancer (which seems to be required by Shapeshifter) does not work and thus so does Shapeshifter itself.... anyone got a workaround or was succesfull in making it work?

You installed Leopard, and now you want TO CHANGE THE THEME?!? ;)

You installed Leopard, and now you want TO CHANGE THE THEME?!? :)

Yep! I'm not used anylonger to the 3 BIG "streetlights" (on Tiger I am using Vitae Blue of Improv Pastence which is a very slim and trimmed skin)

Then I am also curious about the menu bar: its transparency does not buy me totally! My 2 cents!