9A466 App Compatibility

Jimmni

112 posts in this topic

Toast 7 Titanium (haven't tried burning, will try Disco ^^) with Image Mounting working

Command And Conquer Generals

MacPool (xD I know it's not a 3d game but when you select "Alex" voice, it's so cool. Apple did a great job for voice)

ioUrbanTerror (so everything Quake 3 Based works)

World Of Warcraft Burning Crusade

Halo :)

Why can't I check the "Open with Rosetta" thing ?

hi peepz-

can someone running leo on ppc (pref.) let me know if coverflow works properly.

i am not talking about coverflow in itunes, but the old standalone app.

i need to have coverflow working on the 12" ibook for a project.

thanks a lot.

:police:

Gus

Hi

Can someone that has CS3 explain to me how they got it to work?

I had to install it, then boot the mac in disk target mode, then hook it in via firewire to my other macbook running tiger, then run the patcher, and patch CS3 files one by one remotely. Is there another way? They work very slowly for me (shouldnt normally) and indesign doesnt work at all. It gives me an error on startup. Any ideeas would be appreciated. Thx.

Parallels doesn't work.. mail freezes..

I tried it.. but I'm back to 10.4.10 for now. I'm better off with that... I'll do a clean install of leopard when it comes out in october. Its just not worth running right now.

Parallels doesn't work.. mail freezes..

I tried it.. but I'm back to 10.4.10 for now. I'm better off with that... I'll do a clean install of leopard when it comes out in october. Its just not worth running right now.

Did you do a clean install because both mail and parallels should work. In fact, I didn't install windows again in leopard. So, I can't tell if windows really runs in parallels. I have no problems with mail currently.

Cloned my Tiger install to an external and imported my old profile. Just about everything works, except...

Adium

Smilies don't show up anymore, you just see the text equivalent. When I send them to other people, they can see them but I can't. :P Supposedly will be fixed by the Adium team upon Leopard's release in October. And I can't code for sh*t, so I can't patch it myself. :D

Firefox 2.0.0.4

Rendering glitches, with sentences running into each other, into images, off the screen, etc. Been using Gran Paradiso (FF 3.0a5), which is actually pretty stable and renders stuff fine.

And that's all I can remember; I'll edit this when I find more stuff. Haven't tried VMware or Parallels yet.

VMware works just great. No need for Parallels.

Photoshop starts up nice and fast and everything is ok.. except for one really big thing: Dragging layers around in the layers palette crashes photoshop instantly. Everytime. Anyone know of a way to fix this? I've been just using key shortcuts to do it.. but I like to be able to select them with the cursor instead. Also a pain in the ass when you want to put a bunch of layers into a group folder.

Everything else seems to be fine though.

Adium

Smilies don't show up anymore, you just see the text equivalent. When I send them to other people, they can see them but I can't. :( Supposedly will be fixed by the Adium team upon Leopard's release in October. And I can't code for sh*t, so I can't patch it myself. :angry:

I found that this was happening to me too, but only because no smilies collection was set to be used. A quick trip into Preferences fixed this issue for me! Clicking on a smiley, though, doesn't seem to revert it to the text (and another click back to the image) like it used to, though.

Hi

Can someone that has CS3 explain to me how they got it to work?

I had to install it, then boot the mac in disk target mode, then hook it in via firewire to my other macbook running tiger, then run the patcher, and patch CS3 files one by one remotely. Is there another way? They work very slowly for me (shouldnt normally) and indesign doesnt work at all. It gives me an error on startup. Any ideeas would be appreciated. Thx.

I got CS3 working like this

Install and patch CS3 on Tiger. Install CS3 on Leopard. Delete Adobe Photoshop CS3.app on Leopard and copy the patched one from tiger over to leopard.

It asks to repair something each time I run it but it's a small price to pay to actually be able to use it.