9A466 App Compatibility

Jimmni

112 posts in this topic

Reason 3.0.5

Ableton live 5.2

There is one HUGE annoying bug in Live though, when you try to close a document, it asks if you want to save the changes, you can click both cancel and no, but nothing happens, so you can't even quit the program unless you save whatever you were working on, regardless if you want to or not.

Anyone else have issue with front row? Its freezing up when i try to open iPhoto, and just overall sluggish on my MBP.

Programs that Dont Work

The Unarchiver

Works here.

1) Trying to download files that use the php file extension make it it download it as a .php when it was supposed to be a .zip or .dmg.

That happens with most browsers, it's a MIME issue.

2)Cant log into most message boards without it crashing.

It hasn't happened once to me yet.

works almost fine for me, the only probblemy is on thi sfourm, the typing is all buggy

I get that on every web page, and the toolbar looks awful, especially the divider between the address box and the search box. The colour of the toolbar and the bookmark bar also badly clash.

Cararra Pro 5

NetNewsWire (tested 3.01b15 from nnwbeta.com). Works fine except the keyboard shortcut for expanding folders seems to have broken in Leopard, you will have to use the mouse for that.

QuickShareIt works fine, doesn't seem to register itself with Growl though.

Missing Sync for Mobile doesn't work. However, this may be due to problems with bluetooth pairing, reported as an issue.

Google Earth not working. CRashing on startup.

Skype video doesn't work, crashes when attempt to setup video.

Adium works after I reinstalled it.

FrontRow works but no volume change from remote. Can change it from keyboard.

Garmin Training Center crashes when syncing with GPS.

Firefox has 1 bug I know off and thats showing up right now when I type this message certain graphical things are popping up like I can't see my last 3 letter typed in and if you delete letters than it doesn't actually erase them they actually still stay showing up until you type over them and then they disappear. What a PAIN!! Sorry about this massive run on sentence but the Firefox bug I am talking about is really making itself felt

yeah I noticed that. but Safari works well for me.

yeah I noticed that. but Safari works well for me.

Try netscape navigator 9. Works will all firefox plugins and is the fastest browser, faster than camino, safari, and firefox.

iAlertU doesn't work either.

Working Apps :thumbsup_anim:

aMule

AOL

AppZapper

Captain FTP

Chicken of the VNC

ffmpegX (re-install required)

iGetter

KCNScrew

Monolingual (starts up, haven't tried to delete languaged yet)

MPlayer

NeoOffice 2.1 (with testing patch of planamesa)

Opera

pearLyrics

PokerStars Client (Alpha Version)

Psi

svnX

TexShop

The Unarchiver

TV-Browser

Unison

UnrarX

Vidalia (together with tor)

VLC

WhatSize

Non-Working Apps :)

flash-got add-on for Firefox/Thunderbird

GoogleEarth

Camino is turning out too buggy to use :(

Yes - lots of font problems (ATSServer errors in Console) and pointer placement issues when floating over links etc.

Other apps with problems:

iGrabnews (hangs/crashes when you switch to Download Queue after starting download but does actually download in the background)

iSerial Reader as already mentioned, however the latest Serial Seeker 1.2.6 will open the current databases

Terminal doesn't remember window position

Volume control from keyboard doesn't work for me - the volume indicator goes up and down but no changes occur

AppleTV doesn't show up in iTunes

NetNewsWire always shows 1 unread message in dock when there are none

Lots of rendering quirks in dock

Otherwise it's been the most stable Apple OS beta I've tried so far, the Panther and Tiger ones released just prior to RTM were horribly unstable - this one seems to be fast and I've had no random app crashes yet.

I am having few problems w/ the beta, but is anyone having problems when safari downloads a file? Sometimes i will download a file but the file type it is supposed to be such as a .pkg.zip or .zip does not appear, in fact safari makes it appear as a text file so then i have to go and change the extension...if anyone knows how to fix this please help me...I love the OS though

I have a problem with Adobe CS3 crack programs. Wont open. Dunno why, but it wont work. Another is Apple Remote Desktop, it only gives me the message that the administrator software does not match the client version and that i need an upgrade. Wich I have.

macam does not work. When you install the components, PhotoBooth as well as the macam program itself crashes trying so start. What a pity, I really wanted to try the new effects.

I have a question about Safari beta 3.0.2. Is there anybody who installed it on Leopard ? Does it run smoothly ?

Actually, you can't install it. Leopard's Safari is Version 3.0, build 5522.8.3, and when you download the update from Apple, you're not able to install it. It says that the requirements are not met when you try. Software Update also doesn't find anything to update.

I have a problem with Adobe CS3 crack programs. Wont open. Dunno why, but it wont work. Another is Apple Remote Desktop, it only gives me the message that the administrator software does not match the client version and that i need an upgrade. Wich I have.

You need to use the full version with volume license of CS3 ... or transfer the pre-cracked applications from Tiger.

Yes, Remote Desktop does not work for obvious reasons. Leopard has a much different way of work with Sharing, etc. If all you need is simple viewing/control of a local machine, use the 'Share Screen' feature, under 'Shared' in the finder.

Thank you very much:) The only think i dont like with the share screen is that it gives me no choice to observe or control. I mean, it only lets me control the other machine as i see it.

Yeah, i agree - that annoys me too .... however, Timbuktu and/r Chicken of the VNC still work ...