Windows is not any less of an operating system because it's Windows.

Guest Ramm

213 posts in this topic

Another plus for Apple, by releasing specific hardware in their systems, they are going to be able to help you much more in tech support, because they don't have generic hardware, or any undocumented/unsupported hardware. They know exactly what's in the system, and have drivers made exactly for that specific piece of hardware. Chances are also, if you have experienced a problem, another user has also, so that could be the only downfall, but the more users have issues, the more likely Apple will fix the problem sooner.

• 3 weeks later...
Windows.

It's a great operating system. It has the most application compatibility. It looks great. It rarely undergoes problems. It has good drivers. It doesn't require all-that-good hardware.

Why is it hated so?

"Because it's Windblows"

Lame.

It's a great OS. I am sick of hearing people complain about it.

It's just as great as OS X.

Well, I've just stumbled into this thread, and from front to back, No, OK maybe, NO, NO, and the "Good Drivers" are provided by the manufacturers of the equipment.

Wow, didn't know people still did LSD :D

I've never had an app or the OS crash on this Windows install. On my mac, things crash all the time, whether Im using them or not. iPhoto crashed during an iPhoto import that had taken 6 hours (literally, it takes a bit to transfer and add thousands of photos over the network, and 800MHz doesn't help), system prefs crashes frequently and so does Safari.

I really do love my iMac, it's just that it should be called Macincrash. :P

This install of Windows was done in early March. OS X was done late last month.

• 1 year later...

On windows side, I can access over 95% functions with Keyboard, but on OSX Just 70-80% can, usually need a keyboard + mouse combo to control your software, such as:

1. Take a save password box

2. install app

3. maximize (fit size) windows

4. on windows, Win+R key > Type : winword / excel / photoshop / firefox / itunes etc. can open a app just a type, can i do like this on OSX?

On high resolution Dual screen desktop, move mouse is quite waste time....:(

Both OS r nice and favorite on now, right?

4. on windows, Win+R key > Type : winword / excel / photoshop / firefox / itunes etc. can open a app just a type, can i do like this on OSX?

press command+space bar to open spotlight, navigate with the arrow keys and press enter to select.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry, haven't read the whole thread, but in my opinion if Windows is so much hated, it's surely because it's used by 90% of the people and is the worst OS between OS X and Linux. It's the only OS that's that much vulnerable to viruses and their lame attempt to re-create the UNIX security behaviour in Vista (That even MS fans refer to as the worst OS ever!) with the UAC really made me laugh. However, I'm testing the Windows 7 Beta and so far, so good! Like an improved good old xp with the interface of the crappy Vista.

It's a great operating system.

The media doesn't say that. I don't either.

It has the most application compatibility.

I agree. That's why I still use it.

It looks great.

Looks good. But are the looks actually ugly on the inside?(coughaeroramhogcough)

It rarely undergoes problems.

I beg to differ.

It has good drivers.

Windows doesn't provide drivers. Manufactures do, then Microsoft embeds it into their installers.

It doesn't require all-that-good hardware.

Just not true. Why? Because PC companies are acknowledging that Vista is a RAM hog, and are now trying to shove more and more RAM into their base model computers just so they run well.

Why is it hated so?

Because of how bad Microsoft makes themselves look.

"Because it's Windblows"

No. It's "Winblows"

Lame.

Pretty much.

It's a great OS. I am sick of hearing people complain about it.

Windows XP is. But Microsoft should stop creating reasons to complain about their Vi$ta.

It's just as great as OS X.

No

• 4 weeks later...

Including iPhone and iPod is ridiculous. Secondly, are you trying to actively deny that Apple is having problems converting Windows users to Mac? It has even been conceded in the past that the Mac userbase consists almost entirely of Former Mac users from the "Golden Age" of Mac.

Including iPhone and iPod is ridiculous.
Look at the stats without iPhone/iPod. Mac is growing at a huge rate.

Secondly, are you trying to actively deny that Apple is having problems converting Windows users to Mac? It has even been conceded in the past that the Mac userbase consists almost entirely of Former Mac users from the "Golden Age" of Mac.

http://switchtoamac.com/site/new-to-mac-50...-switchers.html

This is just anecdotal, but all the people I know who have bought new Macs were switchers.

OS X will maybe never eclipse Windows, Macs are too expensive and exclusive, as well as big-business unfriendly. But it will continue to grow