Adobe Creative Suite 3

Proteo

84 posts in this topic

Thanks guys! I was pretty sure that I removed all traces of previous CS installations, but your confirmation that CS3 is working on hackintoshes and your nice directions were a great deal of help. I'll try install CS3 again later and see if I can get it right this time. Thanks again!

mmm...

I reinstall my system(Clean 10.4.8,and titan,alc882 drivers).

Then I install "Adobe Creative Suit 3 Design Premium",Restart my PC......

Disconnect from the Internet, and run Photoshop.

......but still crash!

I'll install a new clean 10.4.9 later for try it...

...and I renamed the Contents/Resources/AMT/application.sif,then it's no crash, but "Licensing for this product has stopped working."(Illustrator) "AMT Subsystem Failure"(Indesign)

...the problem maybe concerned with "AMT Subsystem"(?)

I still keep my oppinion. I did exactly as Proteo said. The suite had installed well. But all applications crashed after introducing the serial or chosing the 30 days trial. I have to know if somebody with a Hackintosh based on P4 processor has been succeded. (Celeron D is a Pentium D core based processor). Maybe after removing all tracks was better to delete all the caches (system, applications, Fonts, User's) instead and before of the first restart. Anyway i reinstalled my old CS2 products and will try again after a good crack. I noticed I had another Acrobat 8 package and installed it on a clean 10.4.8 system and crashed as well. Only Distiller worked as now.

They are absolutely great! The speed is excellent, the new features are great, finally makes me glad I got an Intel Mac. :)

Sorry, but it's really a no go on my hackintosh. Some guys at IRC are also having the some problem. I even did a 'find . - name "*dobe*" ' as the root user and trashed every single Adobe file (did the same with the FLEXnet authorization software that Adobe's using) and every single CS3 application still crashes in my face.

I'm on a Asus P5W-DH Deluxe with a Core 2 Duo E6400, 4Gb RAM (I've tried with 2GB also), a single SATA 250GB drive, Geforce 6800XT. Tried under both kernels 8.8.1 (semthex) and 8.9.1 (netkas). I also tried changing my International settings and the problem remains.

The crash happens exactly inside the authentication routine, the same place as everyone else that's having the some problem. It looks like the authentication routine calls or tries to access something that not everyone have in their machine.

I'll try again later on a Athlon X2 and see what happens.

I don't think it checks for a Core Duo. I have a hackintosh with a Pentium 4, and all apps (well, the ones that have been cracked so far) run fine.

Dreamweaver does suck. It's slow. For whatever reason, the cursor doesn't appear when editing HTML. It's really buggy and seems almost worse than Dreamweaver 8. I hope Adobe doesn't let Macromedia's programs become garbage.

if your CS3 apps crash on opening, just use the crack posted on demonoid. it's the registration screen you can't get pass not the actuall application itself. once the registration is removed, all of your CS3 apps will open. good luck.

oh, and BTW, the Photoshop CS3 in the dvd is the Photoshop EXTENDED, so i don't see any reason it being a beta release. but well, we'll see.

What if....

you have problems with CS3, (crash related as previus postes.

you have a Intel P4 hackingtosh.

And you can't get the crack running. (It just wont start the crack, nothing happens when you try to run the crack).

any solution to that? Or should I just feel like it's only me that's the problem accure to.

nevermind, it's recomended to dowload the zip file next time! =)

Cr*cks saved my life,too :)

but I can't run Acrobat 8 Pro.

It says I need to run another program(Ps/Ai/Id...)first.

so I uninstall CS3 again, install Acrobat 8 single version, run it. then I can install CS3 without Acrobat 8... It all works:)

Sorry, but it's really a no go on my hackintosh. Some guys at IRC are also having the some problem. I even did a 'find . - name "*dobe*" ' as the root user and trashed every single Adobe file (did the same with the FLEXnet authorization software that Adobe's using) and every single CS3 application still crashes in my face.

I'm on a Asus P5W-DH Deluxe with a Core 2 Duo E6400, 4Gb RAM (I've tried with 2GB also), a single SATA 250GB drive, Geforce 6800XT. Tried under both kernels 8.8.1 (semthex) and 8.9.1 (netkas). I also tried changing my International settings and the problem remains.

The crash happens exactly inside the authentication routine, the same place as everyone else that's having the some problem. It looks like the authentication routine calls or tries to access something that not everyone have in their machine.

I'll try again later on a Athlon X2 and see what happens.

like i said, i tried a clean 10.4.9 install (10.4.8jas -> 10.4.9 without any other users/update/software) and it worked on my sytem (p5w-dh too), however on my other partition with a live OS it doesnt work. so it isnt hardware related.

the only way i got it working on my hackintosh was with the crack, removing the activation. the activation makes it crash on my hackintosh every single time.

i got the apps booting before the licensing coming up and they did boot, but the actrivation makes them crash every time.

Well, I woke up this morning at 5:50 AM and instantly a thought came to my mind.. "It should be done now!". Hell, I've been waiting for this day since july of 2005, so I literally jumped off the bed. Torrent was at 98.8% so I patiently waited it to finish taking my first cup of coffee of the day...

OK, enough BS, I just finished a quick tour through all the main apps (PS, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver and Flash) to check how they perform, and to take a look at some of the new features promoted by Adobe. Overall, I find the speed quite good (see my specs below) and some of the new features really useful. I haven't done any heavy testing yet, so expect more comments as I start to use it for actual work. Feel free to share your experiences and feelings about it :(

For all of us who do design for living, this is indeed a remarkable day.

Finally I installed, and Flash is faster than Flash 8 on Windows.

I will test Photoshop later, maybe DW too.

CS3 runs fine on my Intel 945G+2.8CeleronD+2Gigs. (A bit faster than my 1.5Ghz G4 mini. :-) )

Can sy tell me how can i set the default ColorSync profile (on system level)? On 10.3 (panther) it was only 2 click on Colorsync preferences.

If i select in Photoshop the ColorSync workflow it says default cmyk+default rgb profiles... but how can i change this to my own profiles? (The rgb one is ok, its on monitor settings, but the cmyk one?!)

Oh, and another problem: i can't find in the Bridge the "Suite level color settings..." Yes, i turned on the Color options in Bridge, but the Suite level option isn't exist in its edit menu.