Run AppleTV on your intel mac - uses local media or acts as a standalone appleTV, can QUIT

DsurioN

223 posts in this topic

You know, I was thinking...remember when Front Row first came out and noone could access the media on other drives and it turned out to be a simple fix by creating Aliases within the main Folders (i.e. Music, Movies, Photos, etc)?

Maybe someone can find the path to AppleTV's media folders and once we have that, add the Alias to the drives that contain our media and see if that works. Or even linking it to our iTunes XML file, perhaps?

AWESOME work PascalW! Works flawlessly on my setup (I've actually replaced front row with the appleTV interface now). I think I'll update the tutorial and include this because its so great. I like how it switches the resolution back too... Don't worry, I'll give you full credit in the tutorial. Actually, I was able to tweak it a bit by creating an Application profile for System/Library/CoreServices/Front Row.app in SteerMouse so it only runs that while Front Row (apple tv) is running, and it uses my regular choice by default (expose). Thanks again.

:thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim:

Yeah I was thinking about that to but it was too late last night :P But that's better indeed, just select the AppleTV app and assign my app to a mouse button for just that app. When I get home tonight I will adjust it a little bit so when you run my app the first time, you can select the appleTV finder app, and when you have still named it finder.app, it will let the app automatically change it to front row. And I will let it ask for your native resolution, so you don't have to enter it manually into the resolution.txt. I Made it late last night, so it is quite basic now, will make it more pretty tonight :)

I think that the solution to quit Backrow with a mouse is not very good because with a MacbookPro or a Macbook we don't have a mouse.

But thank your for your job !

I guess there will be lots of people who are using a mouse on there macbook or macbookpro.

And beside, you could also try to make a hotkey for the closeAppleTV.app with quicksilver, haven't tested that yet but should work too.

I'm sorry if someone has already posted this but before you copy the cracked finder to the Fresh OSX install, boot to the OSX installation that will become your appletv and make sure to choose Mirror Displays in the system preferences so that it will show appletv when you plug in an external TV, Projector etc. Might as well setup you wireless and other settings at this point along with installing updates.

everything works great btw!

I'm sorry if someone has already posted this but before you copy the cracked finder to the Fresh OSX install, boot to the OSX installation that will become your appletv and make sure to choose Mirror Displays in the system preferences so that it will show appletv when you plug in an external TV, Projector etc. Might as well setup you wireless and other settings at this point along with installing updates.

everything works great btw!

You don't even need a fresh install, it's useless...

QUOTE(DsurioN @ Mar 29 2007, 03:00 PM)

Or you could just use the apple keyboard shortcuts in system prefs.

it's impossible to open a application with a shortcuts in system prefs

I believe you can, if you create a custom setting and choose "other" and look for your app...

You don't even need a fresh install, it's useless...

I believe you can, if you create a custom setting and choose "other" and look for your app...

i can't find other, where it is ?

Edit : it's impossible.

just look a help files in preference panes : Vous ne pouvez pas définir de raccourcis clavier pour les tâches générales, telles que l'ouverture d'une application ou le basculement entre applications.

hey i am on a macbook pro and is there a way i could set up a program to run the close appletv app, i dont always carry a mouse with me everywhere i go and was wondering if there was another way to kill the program

I installed backrow using the autoinstaller provided some post before.

Now... Is there a way to read media files from a specific directory? I have a new Media Files folder filled with F0,F01,F02... subfolders. All of them are empty. I tried to copy some .mp3s to F0 subfolder but the files are still invisible to backrow.