Run AppleTV on your intel mac - uses local media or acts as a standalone appleTV, can QUIT

• Please log in to reply
220 replies to this topic

Guest: h2a_*

Guest: h2a_*
  • Guests
i'm still waiting for volume control and then this would be perfect. until i have volume contol with the apple remote, i can't bother with AppleTV as a substitute for FrontRow

Ozir

Ozir

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
DsurioN is the man! :thumbsup_anim:

bsod

bsod

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
My keyboard works with IRKeyboardEmu.kext by b.holland but for some reason if i press Up on my keyboard, the kext thinks it has been pressed 5 or 6 times. So it is impossible to actually navigate the menus, anyone else have this problem?

sponkemonke

sponkemonke

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
Followed all the instructions. I see that intro video. Then the screen goes blank for a few seconds then it loads the OSX Finder. Anyone know whats happening?
Note this on a Hackintosh

bootsee

bootsee

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Mine is running fine. I use RemoteBuddy with Keyspan RF remote for Frontrow.

Volume works just fine (if u want to disable the fact that it changes with the up/down keys, remove RCD.app from /system/library/coreservices)
And set the REMOTE BUDDY to respond to UP(or Donw) key held to Volume UP/DOwn

MACaroni

MACaroni

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Hay,

I have Apple TV installed on my External Harddrive....On startup I entered the OSX and when I pushed my remote to startup the Apple TV I worked fine...
But heres the problem...when i wanted to play music Apple TV asked to connect whit ITunes.
So I quited ATV and opend Itunes, putted in my right screen. opend ATV again on my left screen.
In Itunes,ATV connected but I had to give in a code in Itunes.
But i couldnt switch to Itunes to put in the number...

Any help?

Thanx in advance!

xShad0w

xShad0w

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
I don't get one thing, If i put mac os x on my apple tv, can i replace that front row with this, or is this only for intel macs

TheLucster

TheLucster

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

hi!

i tried everything like describe, but Front Row.app always crashes for me on a 20" intel iMac. here is hwat i get:

EXC_BAD_ACCESS (0x0001)
KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE (0x0002) at 0x000007f0

Thread 0 Crashed:
0 0x1000 + 201158
1 -[BRMediaHost addMediaProvider:] + 138
2 0x1000 + 33227
3 0x1000 + 27006
4 0x1000 + 21589
5 0x1000 + 21043
6 0x1000 + 18932
7 0x1000 + 1512278
8 0x1000 + 1512061

console.log:
Mar 31 12:33:33 iMac FrontRow[393]: Message Handler Installation Failed: bootstrap_check_in(): 0x44c: Bootstrap not privileged\n
Mar 31 12:33:33 iMac FrontRow[393]: No matching IR micro server found.
Mar 31 12:33:33 iMac FrontRow[393]: VERS: failed to get ImageVersion for display
Mar 31 12:33:33 iMac FrontRow[393]: VERS: failed to get BootImageVersion for display
Mar 31 12:33:33 iMac /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/BackRow.framework/Resources/SettingsHelper: Failed to setuid
Mar 31 12:33:33 iMac FrontRow[393]: Settings helper failed: status 100
Mar 31 12:33:33 iMac /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/BackRow.framework/Resources/SettingsHelper: Failed to setuid
Mar 31 12:33:33 iMac FrontRow[393]: Settings helper failed: status 100
Mar 31 12:33:34 iMac FrontRow[393]: VERS: failed to get ImageValid for display
Mar 31 12:33:35 iMac FrontRow[393]: Message Handler Installation Failed: service port is NULL\n
Mar 31 12:33:36 iMac crashdump[397]: Front Row crashed
Mar 31 12:33:36 iMac crashdump[397]: crash report written to: /Users/rl/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/Front Row.crash.log

anyone has any thoughst on why this might be? sounds like many folks here have run this on 20" iMac without trouble?

thanks!

Im getting exactly the same on a 1.83Ghz CD MacBook running 10.4.10. Strangely it works fine on my Hackintosh, but as I have no IR I can't control it....

My keyboard works with IRKeyboardEmu.kext by b.holland but for some reason if i press Up on my keyboard, the kext thinks it has been pressed 5 or 6 times. So it is impossible to actually navigate the menus, anyone else have this problem?

I get this as well as the volume changing, but I presume bootsee's suggestion would fix this.

Ozir

Ozir

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Updating to 1.1 question:

I grabbed the Apple TV 1.1 installer from the interwebs. Do I just run it on my mac mini (currently running aTV 1.0) or are there some steps I must take? ;)

Thank you :P

omikronz

omikronz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
Has anyone that had the issue of back row crashing after intro video figured out what was wrong?

joachim_vanhove

joachim_vanhove

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I have a question on installing the original Front Row app again
I've tried to put the backup of the original back into the /System/Library/CoreServices/ directory
and there I have to click Authenticate, Replace, and give my password. But then i get an error messages that tells me that it can't complete the operation because I don't have enough rights...
Wo now i don't have any front row when i press my menu button on the remote...

what can I do about it?
thanx!!!

philznow

philznow

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
is there a way of docking the front row by anychance also anyway of changing the resolution and also is there a way to use my mac book using the mini dvi to vga to put the front row on the second screen ?

hemiola

hemiola

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts
Any word if the new update will work with this method ? Or do we need to wait for a new build of the hacked version?

jay.tyler

jay.tyler

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
is anybody working on a hack to get the "take 2" software running on Macs?

aragorn

aragorn

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
yeah, i definitely also can`t wait for this...

netcastle

netcastle

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
Just found this. It looks like it is only running on Tiger. But what is so intriguing about it is that this might somehow allow us to use Nvidia GPU decoding of h264 which is what the @tv uses. I will look into it further, but I hope this re-ignites the initiative.

thespottedelf

thespottedelf

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts
Could you install Atv take two onto a mac using this same method? or is it completely different?

netcastle

netcastle

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
I'm not sure if this guy did this on a mac or a hack. I haven't yet looked into the discussion on the IRC. I'll see what I can find out.

jacksback

jacksback

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Need some help, hopefully this thread still gets checked

I've tried for the last 2 days to get AppleTV to work on my Mac Mini running Leopard 10.5

I get as far as the sceen going black right after I push the menu button on my remote or double click the Front Row Icon in Applications. It stays black for a few seconds before bringing me back to the dashboard.

Any ideas???

Thanks

tuukka H

tuukka H

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Need some help, hopefully this thread still gets checked

I've tried for the last 2 days to get AppleTV to work on my Mac Mini running Leopard 10.5

I get as far as the sceen going black right after I push the menu button on my remote or double click the Front Row Icon in Applications. It stays black for a few seconds before bringing me back to the dashboard.

Any ideas???

Thanks

It doesn't work on leopard... only on tiger.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy