10.4.9 Update - Common Questions and Answers

errandwolfe

134 posts in this topic

I tried to update my osx 10.4.8 to 10.4.9 a couple days ago, but I noticed something very strange.

Before the update, my cpu is recognized as a 2.69 Ghz Intel Core 2 cpu, which is right because I OC' ed my 6600 c2d cpu. But after the 10.4.9 install, it is recognized as a 1,8 c2d cpu! And yes, the speed in Xbench is also a lot slower. Anymore with the same problem as mine?

If not, what am I doing wrong?

----------

After reading some bits of this thread, I'm beginning to understand the problem, I think it is kernel related.

But I don't have a lot of kernel udating experience, so I am afraid to kill my blasting running 10.4.8 setup.

These are the specs of my system, is there a safe way to update this without programming?

Intel c2d 6600 @ 2,7ghz

Asrock Conroe 945DVI motherbord (only onboard network doensn't work, sound only output)

WD raptor 74gb hdd

Intel 10/100/1000 pci lan adapter

4 times 1gb memory

Here we go, I am sure no one will help or answer since i think i have seen this question on the forum before. I have done some search in the fourm but have not been able to find anything or anyone addressing my situation. I am trying to instal 10.4.9 on a HP Pavillion dv9320, i have iso image on DVD that does works, but while in the installer i can not get it to view my hard drive, i have fallowed many different tutorial on how to install, creating partition, creating partion primary af and seeting partition to active, with no joy. I currently have Windows Vista 32bit version installed on it, and want to create a dual boot. I know how to do the dual part, but i just can't get it to recognize drive. I have tried installing with external drive thrue USB, instaler sees this drive when installed and will do an install on the drive but can not get it to boot from USB drive after reseting computer. I have spent so much time doing research and trying different guides that i will not give up. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

My System consists of the Following:

AMD 3800+ CPU

ASUS A8V-VM SE motherboard (VIA K8M890 Northbridge, VIA VT 8237a Southbridge, RealTek RTL8201 CL LAN and RealTek ALC660 chip)

2-512mb Kingston ValueRAM DDR400 sticks

Foxconn ATI x300 PCIe graphics card

Pioneer A0-4 DVD Drive

Maxtor 300gb IDE drive

I installed uphuck v1.3 with the AMD driver and Tubgir AMD Kernal that was available on the DVD. It installed and booted successfully, however, I do not have LAN or Audio. I'm not worried about the audio right now, as I have a Griffin iMic I can use temporarily. However, where do I find the RealTek 8201 driver? RealTek only has the PPC drivers for the PPC-based Macs.

meistersinger

Forget my last request. I just found out last night that the Realtek chip used for the NIC uses the ViaRhine driver. I downloaded ViaRhine.kext from Pixhue's website, installed the kext manually, changed to /System/Library/Extensions, changed the ownership of the file and ran chmod to change the permissions, and rebooted. Started Safari upon reboot, and would not connect. However, you could run the network diagnostics. After running the diagnostics (since I'm behind a linksys router), network came up like a charm.

However, I'm stuck at 1024x768 resolution with the FoxConn ATi X350 PCIe card. What driver do i need for this card, as there is none for mac os x?

meistersinger

i have got the same problem with core2duo E6550, 2.33 with FSB speed of 1333.

not overclocked.

it used to get recognized properly in 10.4.8, now 'about this mac' says '1.4 ghz intel core 2 duo', and the system clock goes nearly twice as fast as it should. animations are too fast, which i can live with, but the clock running at twice the pace is troublesome...

any ideas?

greg

• 2 weeks later...
I have an Overclocked Pentium D and as the clock is linked to the processor clock speed, I have an issue with OS 10.4.9.

In 10.4.8 the OS was not able to read my processos specs, so it just believed what my bios was telling it.

The result is that on version 10.4.9 the time goes 40% faster than it should (the clock is never right).

So 10.4.9 is a no go for me (at least until I figure a way to solve this)

anyone have an idea?

I've just installed 10.4.9 (with Jas 10.4.8 and then updating) and I'm having the same problem with the system clock running too fast. Has this problem been solved yet? Please help!!! Thanks so much.

It works perfectly, any problems with 10.4.9 update. (Using the first installation method)

Hadware Specifications

Processor: Pentium 4 2,8 GHz Codename Northwood (SSE2)

Motherboard: Asus P4V8X-X (Doesn't works exceptionaly with some of USB hardware)

Integrated sound: AD 1980 (AC97) (Only left channel)

Integrated ethernet: VIA Rhine Fast Ethernet adapter (Any problems)

Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce Fx 5200 (Quarz Extreme and Core Image enabled with AGPGart.kext removed)

ATA/IDE Devices: Bus 1 (Ultra ATA) ST3120022A (HDD Seagate 120 Gb)

ST3250620A (HDD Seagate 250 Gb)

Bus 2 (IDE) TSSTcorpCD/DVDW SH-S162L (CD/DVD Writer)

SONY DVD-ROM DDU1612 (CD/DVD Reader)

(All working with writting features)

Keybard and mouse: Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop 1.1 (System profiler says version 2.0)

Display: Philips 170S4 (17'' 1280x1024x32@75)

hi im trying to install a jas osx10.4.9 on my vista machine i ran through and got past the installation then i got to a grey screen that stated i needed to restart my machine, i keep restrting but it stays there. also my vista partition wont start and i had to use the repair function to restore my access to it. anyon ehave this problem. also how do i remove the sfdisk boot manager program from the machine?

thanks

If you installed OSX and Vista in separated HD dirves:

With Paragon partition manager, set as active the partition where you instaled mac (be sure that the Bios is set to boot from mac osx HD drive).

If you instaled OSX and vista in separated partitons of the same drive:

With Paragon partition manager, set as active the partition where you instaled mac and set as inactive Vista partition (you'll be able to boot from Vista pressing F8 before Darwin's startup).

• 2 weeks later...

i had jas 10.4.8 AMD, i tried to update to 10.4.9 but i never could get it to work right.

so instead i backed up to an external drive, then installed uphuck 1.4a

then i did "import my files and settings from another drive" (or whatever it's called) during the setup. so all the work i had done installing and customizing things was carried over, it worked really well! i would recommend doing it this way.

sorry , i haven't been arround or on the net for like 2-3 months ... i jus got back home from my summer trip ... i jus updated my 10.4.8 to 10.4.9 and i got a FREGGIN scary PANIC ... this is my first panic !! LOL ... i bought and dedicated this PC to hackintosh even tho' i own a powerbook G4 ... i had a battery issue on my 15 inch babe (resolved) ... now my hackintosh is not workin i get that panic everytime .. whut do i have to do .. this PC is HP Compaq DX6100 MT its all Intel even the Gfx and the 3d accelerator ... PLZ help ... thnx ... and plz let me know is APPLE will release a tablet mac .. thnx in advance

7assan ..

OMG!! i'm going crazy. my office all uses PC's and since i spend all day entering data for the government on a Dell, i decided that i wanted

to try and install OS 10.4.7 on my home PC. See Specs:

Asus P5K-E Board

Core 2 Duo E6750 Chip

(4) x 1gig Ram PC6400

Nvidia GeForce 6800 Video Card

1 x 500 sata (XP)

1 x 320 sata (xp back up)

1 x 120 IDE (Want to install OS X here)

1 x LG IDE DVD Drive

i have Jas 10.4.7 and go "Boot from DVD Drive"

a few seconds later it shows me:

"/com.apple.boot..... blah blah blah error"

Anyone have this issue and if so, how do you get around it.

i've spent the last 5 days researching this site and trying to find

everything i needed to get this working and i'm stumped.

PLEASE HELP!!

logicalways@hotmail.com

Dom

Is there a tried and true method for updating from Jas 10.4.8 to 10.4.9 or 10.4.10 without losing all the stuff i have done to my 10.4.8 (programs, data, etc). I looked for the tubgirl update, and didn't see it. I am worried about losing all this data, but i really would love to update.

Is there a tried and true method for updating from Jas 10.4.8 to 10.4.9 or 10.4.10 without losing all the stuff i have done to my 10.4.8 (programs, data, etc). I looked for the tubgirl update, and didn't see it. I am worried about losing all this data, but i really would love to update.

yeah...what he said!! LOL

Hi I installed Uphuck 10.4.9 1.3 works ok, only my ATI 9600 pro not working QE CI, any solution,

Thanks

In Jas 10.4.8 my card works ok

Same here on my SSE2 machine, on Jas the 9700 works just fine (albeit without res changing) with the Uphuck or the SSE2/SSE3 10.4.9 updates out there it just stops working.

I upgraded successfully Jas 10.4.8 Intel to 10.4.10 downloading 10.4.10_Mac_OS_X_update_for_hackintosh

The video is low res 1024x768 although GMA.950.Support is currently installed.

No sound either Realtek ACL862 on the ASUS P5L-MX

I've just installed 10.4.9 (with Jas 10.4.8 and then updating) and I'm having the same problem with the system clock running too fast. Has this problem been solved yet? Please help!!! Thanks so much.

Same problem too.

Maybe I should reinstall 10.4.8...

Did you find a way to fix this?

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

For those who are interested: I was able to install uphuck 10.4.9 v1.4a on one of the partitions and it's running great. Only problem I have is the "restart" problem, the system doesn't restart. Instead I have to shutdown and hit the power button (Tried platform=ACPI but didn't work either, not a big deal anyway but sometimes annoying)

I configured my system for triple boot: XP, Ubuntu and Tiger. XP on the 80gb disk, others on the 300gb one. Configured grub in Ubuntu.

My config is: 

ASUS A8N-E NForce4/SLI

AMD 3200+ Cpu

2 x 512MB 400Mhz Ram

80GB Western Digital SATA disk

300GB Seagate SATA disk

If you have a NForce4/SLI system with AMD 64 cpu and SATA disks, you should try uphuck 10.4.9 v1.4a. I tried JaS but it didn't see the disks. Haven't tried Tubgirl.

Here's the screenshot.

scrgc1.th.png

• 2 weeks later...