HP dv6000 & dv9000 series

Mammoth

432 posts in this topic

Anyone out there have a specific, preferably simple, scheme for booting from the second drive? I'm sure that this can be done with some sort of boot selector as Paco suggests, but I'm looking to avoid my own experimentation if possible.

Thanks,

G

I have a DV9230US with 2 100GB hard drives...bought in part because I like the idea of separate drives for Vista & OSX, a scheme that has served me well with my hackintosh desktop.

First hard drive has Vista & an HP "recovery" partition.

Second drive was named DATA and otherwise empty.

Install from uphuck 1.3 seems to go fine after reformatting second drive to HFS+ (journaled).

Even after upgrading BIOS from F.12 to F.26, I have not found a BIOS option for selecting the second drive as the boot drive.

I'm sure someone here has sorted this out but I did not find it in my search.

???

Thanks,

G

===============================

Hackintosh Desktop

Everything works, including both cores, DVI & sleep:

Pentium D 3.2 Ghz - Intel Motherboard D945GNTKLR

10.4.9 Build 8P2137/Darwin 8.9.1 Kernel: Thu Mar 15 20:55:00 PST 2007; netkas: 792.18.15~1/ RELEASE_I386

2 GB Ram - 2x 1GB DDR2 667

HD 400 GB - Seagate SATA

Onboard Firewire 400

Onboard 10/100/1000 LAN

DVD-RW-DL Pioneer 18X DVR-212D SATA

Sony CDRW 52X CRX23EE EIDE

Belkin F5D7000 Wireless PCI

Video ATI/ATI X1600 Pro PCIE 512MB

Display Dell 2405FPW

Logitech Wireless keyboard & mouse

Aspire Pininfarina Tower Case

ok guys, we must find a way to get this conexant audio full working. I have Conexant CX20549 (Venice) and only speakers out, nothing more, with azalia audio , and with the core dump on linux, the taruga`s patcher , says that this card is unsupported, also with webcam, ricoh, i sent an email to macam developers , if you can send them too maybe they will start to develop drivers cuz on linux they are already existing , so maybe they will port it more easily.

i have a dv9000 notebook pc.2gb of ram, 160gb hd, integrated mobile intel ® 965 express chipset family, as far as i'm concerned i meet the requirements.

i have followed everything (http://coolblog.profit42.com/2007/06/25/osx-10410-vista-dual-boot-intelamd/)but i'm stuck on step 5. i can't get it to display all that is suppose to.

"5. Type in (press enter after you typed in a line):

list disk

select disk [the number of your disk] (when i select thisit shows options like, CREATE, CONVERT, DELETE, etc.)

create partition primary id=af (i type this but it desplays what i said before, Create\,etc.)

list partition

select partition [the number of your new osx partition]

active (if this doesn't work, try 'set active' without quotes)"

please someone help me if they can.
:D

i have a dv9000 notebook pc.2gb of ram, 160gb hd, integrated mobile intel ® 965 express chipset family, as far as i'm concerned i meet the requirements.

i have followed everything (http://coolblog.profit42.com/2007/06/25/osx-10410-vista-dual-boot-intelamd/)but i'm stuck on step 5. i can't get it to display all that is suppose to.

"5. Type in (press enter after you typed in a line):

list disk

select disk [the number of your disk] (when i select thisit shows options like, CREATE, CONVERT, DELETE, etc.)

create partition primary id=af (i type this but it desplays what i said before, Create\,etc.)

list partition

select partition [the number of your new osx partition]

active (if this doesn't work, try 'set active' without quotes)"

please someone help me if they can.
:thumbsup_anim:

you are not typing it right.

list disk

the disk will show up, then

select disk 0 ( if you have only one disk else 1 )

and you will type other steps below, but you can do that with partition magic, or any other program that is dealing with partitions, so you just have to make ordinary FAT partition, and set that partition active.

I don't see how people have even gotten this far... I have downloaded 3 times and burned like 8 times and i cant even get past installation copying files. it bombs at anywhere from 5% to 13%.

I really want this to work.

Specs: hp6375us nvidia 7400 go 128 mb 2 gigs ram 160 hard drive centrino core 2 duo t5600

I wish my only prob was audio and wireless!

Seems this thread has started to slowly die down over the past week but I figured I'd post my findings.

HP Pavilion dv8240us (ACPI x86 PC [according to Device Manager])

2 x 120GB Fujitsu MHV2120AT PL ATA

ATI Mobility Radeon x200M (on board)

2GB RAM

HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4084N ATA (DVDRW/CDRW Drive)

2.2GHz AMD Turion64 Mobile ML-40

Conexant AC-Link Audio

That's the basic specs. So far I've managed to install JaS' 10.4.7 DVD. The only way I could boot correctly without errors is by pressing ESC (Boot Menu) and choosing the CD drive. Once here, I was able to hit enter. After a long, slow while, the Language selection screen came out. I was able to go through the entire installation in about 20 minutes tops. After I hit "restart" I got tons of errors. Sometimes it stopped at "FireWire" info. Sometimes at Internet info. Sometimes it only said, couldn't find "/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist". I booted from the DVD, opened Terminal and went to that file on the MacOS Volume, and there the file was. However it just didn't see it for some lame reason.

I've tried the 10.4.8 DVD (osx86 hack), 10.4.7 DVD (JaS' hack) and now I just finished dLing 10.4.9 DVD (uphucks hack). Does anybody know why I'm getting these errors? I disabled everything in my BIOS from Bluetooth to Wireless LAN even stopped Floppy (which I don't have) and the slave drive from booting. It just will not boot no matter what I do.

Hi there! It has been a while!

I need to work my way back through this thread. I am dial up at the moment and things are running like syrup. In case there isn't an answer on here, I have a question.

I updated my HP DV6205US bios to the latest version - and fan howels like a jet engine, when on mains. I suppose I could go back to my previous bios but the new bios is supposed to address problems with the battery overheating and presumably longevity with it. I subsequently downloaded something via insanely mac to look after power saving on notebooks but the install didn't go smoothly and I have to force quit the said app before I can shut the laptop down. Any thoughts welcome! Has anyone got the microphone or SD card reader to work in OS X. This is the first time I have had any problems with what has been a rock stable system.

hi guys, i need some help.

i've tried searching but i can't find any help.

i have an hp pavilion dv9310us.

Powerful entertainment notebook PC with 17-inch screen and 1.6 GHz AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-52 dual-core processor

120 GB hard drive, 1 GB installed RAM (2 GB max), 8x LightScribe DVD drive

Connectivity: 4 USB, 1 FireWire, 1 VGA, 1 S-Video, expansion port 3 connector, ExpressCard 54/34, 5-in-1 memory card reader

54g Wi-Fi LAN (802.11b/g), 10/100 Ethernet, NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150 video card with up to 288 MB shared memory

Pre-installed with Windows Vista Home Premium (with Media Center capabilities)

and i cant get installed mac os x. i've tried jas 10.4.8 and also uphuck 1.3 and none of those detect my hard drive.

i believe it's a sata disc.

can u tell how to solve this problem? cos i can boot natively but i can't install it cos i don't see the drive.

thanks, gon

hello there,

im almost done downloading the" Mac OS X 10.4.8 [JaS AMD-Intel-SSE2-SSE3 with PPF1 & PPF2].iso" , but i see on the dv6000 tutorial (how to) that the one that should be downloaded is the: "JaS.Mac.OS.X.10.4.8.AMD.Intel.SSE2.S SE3.PPF.1.Defiant.diskutil.biker880.ich7-R.patch.Integrated"

so is the one im downloading not gonna work on the dv6000? or is there a patch to apply to the version i have to be the same as mentioned in the tutorial?

thank you for the help

Well, just a little introduction, I tried installing MacOS for the last couple of days, but I had trouble getting some stuff running.

My laptop model is a HP Pavillion dv9381ae, got a page up with my specs, I pulled them off the HP website, but I noticed some errors on there. Go here for my specs.

Something that kept me from using MacOS permanently are indeed the video (Geforce 7600Go w/ 512MB) and the wireless network (Intel 3945abg). I know these are known issues and I will try to get MacOS running again, when these problems are resolved.

I also read on the MacVidia forum that the videocard ROM should be patched to get it up and running, but I can't read my firmware with nvflash so I cannot submit my ROM to the guy that can patch those ROMs.

would someone please pin this topic...i really find it helpful...and it took me time to relocate it through all other posts even i knew it was there...HP pavilion is quite popular, alot of people would benefit from it.

oh, another question...when you guys said that the mic input will not work, how about the built in mic does it work??

Hello All!

This is my first post, and i just wanted to say that I am excited about dual-booting Mac OSX and Vista Home Premium!

I have a dv6000t with the following specs:

2ghz core 2 duo

2gigs ram

go7400 with turbocache

160gb 5400rpm sata hd

I was going to use the following guide to install my Uphuck 1.3 DVD = http://coolblog.profit42.com/2007/06/25/os...l-boot-intelamd

Is this a good guide, and what are some problems I will run in to?

thanks!

A friend of mine also wanted to use that guide to install MacOS next to his Vista, but he didn't really want to screw up his laptop with this, so he made a full Ghost image of his harddrive before he started. At the end it all worked out ok for him, so I guess the guide is OK :wacko:.

He did not have many problems installing MacOS, other than the usual problems (which kernel do I need, which video driver do I need).

Does the video card have less than 512 MB of RAM ? Because that is a problem currently.

I really dont know, I haven't tested it yet. If I got some spare time this afternoon, I will swap my harddrives again and test it out for you.

But then again, if my mic works doesn't automaticly mean that your mic also works.

A friend of mine also wanted to use that guide to install MacOS next to his Vista, but he didn't really want to screw up his laptop with this, so he made a full Ghost image of his harddrive before he started. At the end it all worked out ok for him, so I guess the guide is OK :) .

He did not have many problems installing MacOS, other than the usual problems (which kernel do I need, which video driver do I need).

Does the video card have less than 512 MB of RAM ? Because that is a problem currently.

yeah, After the uphuck dvd is done downloading, I am going to go out and buy an external Hd to back up all of my files.

Basically, I was just wondering because I am very good with pc's and working in windows, but my knowledge of mac's and osx is average at best.

I have a broadcom wireless setup (not the intel), so I hear that that is easier to get set up, correct?

thx deploy....i just came back, just bought the HP dv6395EA, it's intel 3945 but im gonna get a usb wifi soon...

anyway, im gonna start installing the mac os, ive done it successfully on my home pc but didnt get video, sound, or LAN to work..... :( but i didnt have any compatible part....

anyway, ill be back soon with the results...i love this forum

yeah, After the uphuck dvd is done downloading, I am going to go out and buy an external Hd to back up all of my files.

Basically, I was just wondering because I am very good with pc's and working in windows, but my knowledge of mac's and osx is average at best.

I have a broadcom wireless setup (not the intel), so I hear that that is easier to get set up, correct?

Thats what I heard too, damn those Intel chipsets :D.

I have a HP DV6205US and tried to update 10.4.9 to 10.4.10 using koolkal's updater. Everything appears to go well but during the final stage of startup I get the dreaded kernel panic telling me I need to restart the computer. I am able to boot into safe mode. Any suggestions welcome! :)

FINALLYYYYY,

ok, total success with 10.4.8 on my new dv6395EA...i love it...

installed and chose the NV40 driver in the installation window of the OS X, i have a Gefore Go 7400, i checked and CI/QE are supported and everything is working beautifully.....i even was worryin about connecting to the net...but im posting thismessage from mac os, i just plugged the LAN cable and it worked instantly...

ONLY THING LEFT THAT I REALLY WANT IS THE wireless 3945 support...hope a driver would be available really soon...thank you guys...i really respect all the developers who worked on the x86 version and the drivers...keep it up guys

edit:

oh, and i just wanted to say something....i formatted the HDD, i removed Vista...it sucks, couldnt dual boot it, couldnt shrink its partition more thann a certain space(using several methods diskpart and computer management...)...so i just removed it, puttin XP tomorrow so i have a backup OS, and ill just give it like a 25GB partition to be able to use it if anything happens to the OS X booting.