• Please log in to reply
431 replies to this topic

wedtm

wedtm

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hey, you said you have the network working? How did you manage to get the ethernet working on the V6000T??? I'm soo stuck!

GauchoMan

GauchoMan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Read my how-to a couple posts back. it has a link on how to activate your wireless.

NOTE: it is only for v6000t with Broadcom wireless 4311 card! Intel a/b/g/n cards are not working yet!
if you upgraded to an intel a/b/g/n then you will have to wait until somebody makes
the driver

Ken Iovino

Ken Iovino

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
This is an awesome thread, tons of good info. Thanks everyone. I have a couple of questions for the experiance users out there.

This is my first time trying this. I have a HP DV6000 Intel Centrino Duo with Vista (32bit) and I'm downloading the 10.4.3 8f1111 DMG file + the 1111a Generic Patch. I know this is an old version and was wondering if it would be a good start? I've been downloading it now for almost a day and a half and I just would hate to stop the download.

Should I get the latest version and start from there?

Detosx

Detosx

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

This is an awesome thread, tons of good info. Thanks everyone. I have a couple of questions for the experiance users out there.

This is my first time trying this. I have a HP DV6000 Intel Centrino Duo with Vista (32bit) and I'm downloading the 10.4.3 8f1111 DMG file + the 1111a Generic Patch. I know this is an old version and was wondering if it would be a good start? I've been downloading it now for almost a day and a half and I just would hate to stop the download.

Should I get the latest version and start from there?

Not sure I am familiar with that. I used the most recent JAS10.4.8 DVD and then the JAS 10.4.9 update, not forgetting to adjust the FSB to 133 after you have installed the latter. I have a HP DV6205us.

TheND

TheND

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
*Hopefully* you'll be able to get networking, well, working. Wireless, Audio, and Gfx are perfect. But if you need LAN, ur gonna get real frustrated trying to get 'Configure Local Area Network Adapter' to show up.

dv6225us here.

Nd

Ken Iovino

Ken Iovino

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
SO is there wireless fix available? dv6000?

kikozt

kikozt

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
yee please do a patch / batch file for the pavilion 6000 pleaseee iam so stuck to //

thanx a lot !!! you all been very helpful!

teharchitect

teharchitect

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello,

Im a newb!

I have a DV9200 CTO notebook...I used the JaS 10.4.8 DVD and install went pretty smooth.....when I first loaded OS X for the first time It had a resolution of 1050X1680...the native resolution of my screen except backwards>......also i had no mouse cursor....I navigated by guessing over to system preferences and went to the display box and hit detect display...after that it fixed my rez and everyting looks beautiful.....

I had a problem with sound at first by I downloaded the patch for it and it works fine now.....

Ultimately I would love to find a driver for the 3945 wireless so I can use my intel MAC at school :().......Also it does not give me an estimated battery life.....just started using today will keep updated......

Thanks,
Steve

GFOnyX

GFOnyX

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
Hi guys.First of all i wanna give my congratulations to the creators of the topic and anyone participating to it.I believe the new pavilion series is GREAT and it would be even greater with OSX runnin on it.I would like to tell you my problem.

I own a HP Pavilion DV 6105EU.It has an AMD turion,nforce4 chipset and a gefroce 6150 gpu.Here is my problem:When i try to install the 10.4.4 image,i get to the disk utility but it doesnt even recognize my Sata hard disk.
I would like to ask you,if i aquire the 10.4.8 image will i be able to "see" my hard drive? (i am aware of the vmware method but i would like to do a native installation).

Thanks for your time and help

TheND

TheND

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
GFOnyX: Use Acronis or another third-party partitioning app and set the partition type as 0xAF (ShagOS Swap). Then boot with the JaS DVD, and Disc Utility will be able to format/erase it. Then you can install as normal.

For wireless I used the Broadcom 4311 fix, I'll see if I can find the tut link if ne1 needs it.

Nd

EDIT: Bad Grammar :)

GFOnyX

GFOnyX

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
Thanks for your answer TheND.I will try it and post the results.

kabello

kabello

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
I have a HP Pavilion DV 9010US.

It has an AMD Turion 64 X2, Nforce4 chipset and a gefroce 6150 gpu.

I'm using JaS 10.4.8 AMD PPF1+PPF2 version and I had the same problem than GFOnyX, my sata hard disk isn't recognize by OS.

I used Acronis to set partition type as 0xAF (ShagOS Swap), but it didn't work, my sata hd still isn't recognize by OS.

Any ideas?

Thanks

GFOnyX

GFOnyX

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
I also tried marking the partition as Shag OS Swap and it didn't work for me either.

teharchitect

teharchitect

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
in relation to the SATA HD problem......also try disabling native sata support in the BIOS...IM STILL looking for 3945ABG drivers!!!!

GFOnyX

GFOnyX

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

in relation to the SATA HD problem......also try disabling native sata support in the BIOS...IM STILL looking for 3945ABG drivers!!!!

there is no such option in my bios.I am using version F28.Are u sure that something like that actually exists?

cryptoclidus

cryptoclidus

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,

This is a summary of my system:

HP Pavilion dv6179ea (very very similar to dv6175ea)
Intel Core 2 Duo processor T7600 (1.83 GHz)
15.0" SXGA BrightView Widescreen (1280x800)
128MB NVIDIA GeForce Go 7400
Microphone/Webcam
2048MB DDR2 System Memory
120GB 5400 RPM SATA Hard Drive
LightScribe DVD+/-RW w/Double Layer
Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network
Intel HD (Conexant) audio
Intel Pro/1000 network

Screen works at 1280x800 with Titan or Natit (I've tried both). I really would like to have dual display working and it's not. Any suggestions are very welcome? I'm ready do do some tries/experiments... just need some guidance.

Sound is not working. I've seen some reports that it should, but I coudn't get it working. Any suggestion on a good link to have sound with HDA/Conexnt chips?

Thanks,
Joo

Spiro M Telegadis

Spiro M Telegadis

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I keep getting a ACPI kernel panic with the JAS 10.4.8 + 10.4.9 ISO I used from Demonoid. I followed the instructions posted in the topic but can't reproduce the results, and there is no place to turn off the ACPI in the bios. I've tried it a couple of times now and I get the same results.

I've tried installing the drive on 60 GB partition with the rest of the drive blank. That's the only thing I'm doing unique.

Any Ideas what I'm doing wrong or could someone list the know version of JaS or other build they used?

-TIA

Here's my rig Spec.
HP DV 9000t
Intel 1.83 C2D mobile
2Gigs RAM
2 - SATA WD 120 GB SATA Drives. (Removed one during the install)
Nvidia 256 7600 Go Series
1680x1050 Resolution LCD

reddragon22

reddragon22

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I have DV6108NR And I have 10.4.6 installed, and working fine, but no sound, and no network. Can Anyone help or point me in the right direction I have tried numerous audio drivers, and I`m having trouble finishing the patch for the network using the Terminal window.

spyrogyro

spyrogyro

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

I keep getting a ACPI kernel panic with the JAS 10.4.8 + 10.4.9 ISO I used from Demonoid. I followed the instructions posted in the topic but can't reproduce the results, and there is no place to turn off the ACPI in the bios. I've tried it a couple of times now and I get the same results.

I've tried installing the drive on 60 GB partition with the rest of the drive blank. That's the only thing I'm doing unique.

Any Ideas what I'm doing wrong or could someone list the know version of JaS or other build they used?

-TIA

Here's my rig Spec.
HP DV 9000t
Intel 1.83 C2D mobile
2Gigs RAM
2 - SATA WD 120 GB SATA Drives. (Removed one during the install)
Nvidia 256 7600 Go Series
1680x1050 Resolution LCD

I'm having the same issue with kernel panic. No place to disable the ACPI in the bios as far as I can tell.

Have you tried any previous versions like 10.4.7 or .6?

tran.man48

tran.man48

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
hey everyone,
I have a dv6245us running Jas 10.4.8... I used the Jas 10.4.8 Install DVD w/ PPF1. (EDIT: Jas 10.4.9 Combo Update--Replaced 8.9.1 kernel w/ 8.8.1)

System Specs:
Intel Core 2 Duo T5200 1.6 Ghz
1 GB DDR533 Ram
GMA950 (QE/CI working with Jas patches)
Intel Wifi (not working)
Connexant--Intel HD Audio [working with this: http://forum.insanel...o...=36520&st=0] (no headphone/mic)
Sonix SN9C102 Webcam (not working EDIT: Working with 10.4.9)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy