HOW TO: Get the Sapphire X1950XT(id7244) and X1900XT (id7249) to work NOT THE PRO (Jccool Method)

jccool

804 posts in this topic

Great News!!!!

I did some work on atindrv and fixed the crashing and the artifacts!!!! yay!!! you still need to run through vga but atleast there aint no more cdrashing/artifacts :thumbsup_anim:. Just replace this atindrv with the other (sudo mv, sudo chown etc) dont drag n drop,

Enjoy

Tell me the results!

This should also work for reaktor's x1900,

Jccool

Here's the link:

http://upload2.net/page/download/sUVZ7diCV...V.kext.zip.html

It seems as it works! I got the spinning beach ball once, I rebooted, and now it seems to work fine! I will report if I find something that's not working.

If this works out, I am so happy! Jccool, thank you very very much!

you've already tried it, wow your quick on the button :-)

Glad to help make your day

btw, on dvi mode, if you notice your native res isn't there, use switchresX (on dvi it didnt see mine at 1280x720 by default)

Edited by jccool

YEAHHHH!

ATI Radeon X1950 Series:

Modello Chipset: ATI Radeon X1950 Series

Tipo: Monitor

Bus: PCIe

VRAM (totale): 256 MB

Fornitore: ATI (0x1002)

ID dispositivo: 0x7244

ID revisione: 0x0000

Monitor:

PHILIPS 107E4:

Risoluzione: 1280 x 1024 @ 60 Hz

Profondità: Colore 32-bit

Core Image: Supportato

Mirror: Spento

Online: Sì

Quartz Extreme: Supportato

Rotazione: Supportato

AL1916W:

Risoluzione: 1400 x 1050 @ 75 Hz

Profondità: Colore 32-bit

Core Image: Supportato

Monitor principale: Sì

Mirror: Spento

Online: Sì

Quartz Extreme: Supportato

Rotazione: Supportato

Jccool you are the best. It works flawlessly over here! (X900XT with VGA). The system is solid as a rock!

Now I'm gonna try the sound guide you linked to, if I get that working, everything is up and running!

I plugged my old bluetooth-adapter to one of the usb-ports, about 2 seconds later I had bluetooth up and running too. Mac OS X is so beautiful.

Hello Reaktor,

if you want, you can try my installer 0.3 to try to get dual dvi and dual display because i did includde 7249 in it. BUT i have not tested it so there are no guaranties, if it doesnt work youll have to reformat,

I got the sound to work through the link you gave me, and the system is blazing fast! It would be a shame to destroy it. But dual DVI is very tempting though. I will try your installer 0.3, but not today, today I'm just gonna sit here enjoying my brand new Hackintosh :(

yeah, i think pro is a no go but I guess you can try ^_^

If it does work ill make an installer for it,

i did encounter kernel panics from the apple logo :(

anyhow, just to confirm, should i just copy all the extracted files onto the '/System/Library/Extensions' folder?

i wonder if it is possible that my card has a different Dev/Rev ID?

from the Radeon Control Panel, here's my card's details:

untitledem5.png

Edited by edmoncu

Hello all,

It seems that many people have device id 4240, i didnt expect this, my card is 7244 by default, my solution is only for device id 7244 not 7240, although I thought that 7240 was x19ooxt not 1950, my solution does not work for the pro, only xt with dev id 7244, reason why you have to reinstall osx86 is because mac assumes ur driver will work so theres no way of turning it off (there is but its complicated) I had to reinstall osx 13 times b4 i got my x1950xt to work,

as for the x1900 xt (think its 7240), there is already a perfect working solution

install this, http://www.necnet.de/krass.man/Installers/...00_3.5.mpkg.zip reboot and enjoy,

thats my 25 cents,

glad you learned bout kexts, its always same basic formula, for kexts. is your device 7240 or 7244 and do you have a pro or xt i was not cleared on this,

thanks

reaktor,

usually the dev id for an x1900 is 7240, I can try modding my methode to fit your card if you want,

JCCOOL, that file you suggested using ...00.3.5.mpkg.zip ...does not allow DVI to come through on my install. I grabbed the AMD 10.4.8 ISO from "yo ho ho" and then after installing, tried that package. Screen is black but if I attach a VGA display (analog) it works fine. DVI output is still screwed on my x1900XT.

Any ideas? *help beg beg beg*

Hello Reaktor,

if you want, you can try my installer 0.3 to try to get dual dvi and dual display because i did includde 7249 in it. BUT i have not tested it so there are no guaranties, if it doesnt work youll have to reformat,

I'lll try your installer again...I'll do a fresh install and give it a shot. Hopefully it will work on my x1900XT (id 7249)

I'll let you guys know if it works. Also, thinking about putting up some info on benchmarks for games under osx86 with decent graphics cards. I have yet to find a site that has benchmarks for games running under osx86.

Oh my god! JCCOOL, bring your feet to me now, so that I may kiss them!!! HIS x1900XT 256mb video card, DVI out (on both) full QI, acceleration, etc and already getting together benchmarks for games! Thank you very much! Enemy Territory for Mac (Universal Binary) - average fps = 102fps, top fps = 200fps (max fps setting)

...now for COD 2 benchies :wacko:

Props to JCCOOL :P

I want to confirm that X1950XT Installer 0.3.pkg works beautifully with my X1900XT here too. I cannot test dual DVI though as I only have one display, but DVI works like a charm.

Jccool, do you realize what wonders you are doing to us? :wallbash:

Thanks Jccool, your driver made me switch from a decent GF7900GT to a Sapphire x1950xt :)

Xbench gives about the same GL and UI numbers, but in games like Quake4 the the radeon is showing its strenght!