ATI Mobility X1600, X1700 and others

TheMaxx32000

435 posts in this topic

hi

i am new to mac and after a lil playing around have installed jas os 10.4.8 amd intel sse2 sse3. everything seems to be smooth except i am getting boxes on my screen and my sound doesnt work. could someone suggest me some links or cracks. Also the display is perfect when i am installing the OS but get boxes when in the actual OS , Lastly only Analog Display Port Work not DVI. the config of my machine is

2 X Dual Core Xeon CPU's

Intel S5000xvn Motherboard

2 GB Fb Dimm

Saphire Ati X1600 Pro

On Board Audio Realtek ALC260

19" Samsung 940BW

Sony Dual Layer DVD Writer

I am trying to build a Mac Pro here any suggestions pls, also u can mail me at ajitabhpuri@gmail.com

Cheers

for the "boxes" search the geniusbar for the borisbadenov solution... this provides you with full QE/CI and resolution change... DVI depends on your card i think but as far as i remember it should work with a DVI to VGA adapter...

cheers

Sheriff

I reinstalled osx for various problem (experiments)!

I not remember atiinject message... i delay... maybe laptopdisplay (view topic in this forum) can resolve my problem...

my english is very very bad! ;)

if atiinject does not show any messages if u start OSX with the -v option u did not install the kext properly...

did you remove extensions.mkext and extensions.kextcache?

did you chown and chmod the atiinject.kext?

did you enter your edid with Apples Plist editor correctly?

cheers

sheriff

I have an asus a7jc, I tried to use the sheriffbounce files with my videocard putting in Info.list and Info2.list my edid. I noticed that when I try to boot osx in normal mode I obtain a black screen but when I try to boot with -x option the screen goes at 1440x900 withtout QE/CI. Some suggestions?

for the "boxes" search the geniusbar for the borisbadenov solution... this provides you with full QE/CI and resolution change... DVI depends on your card i think but as far as i remember it should work with a DVI to VGA adapter...

cheers

Sheriff

thanks sheriff but i already tried that and it doesnt help, i still have boxes, by the way i used boris's method, dint help, and then natit from neo's website which i think is an automated version of boris, any other ideas.

cheers

Sheriff

sheriff latest update while re installing os x i went thru the optionals and found natit already in it and removed it, so now the display is without boxes but resolution is stuck and i cannot change it nor do i have QI and other advanced features. looks like my machine doesnt like natit cause i tried installing it and after reboot got the boxes again. any suggestions now???????

Nice to hear some success stories with the x1600 mobility!

Don't want to annoy anyone with repetition, but... has anyone had any luck with the x1700... I would really like to buy the Asus A8J, but that x1700 with deadly 512MB vram does not look very promising for Hackintoshing....

Any success to date?

greetinz, n.m.

for x1700 u'll have 2 wait for max... he's got 1...

only have the 1600 so cannot test...

for the guys with the ASUS issue (4-splitted) could you please try to delete the info.plist from atiinject.kext and rename the info2.plist to info.plist(of course with your EDID entered there too)????

u should have DVI-D out, i don't know if this is really supported by our solution... only have VGA out as secondary and this is working perfectly...

cheers

sheriff

I tried with all ATI**.kext from a MacBook Pro (which has an ATI Mobility Radeon X1600 like us) but it was unsuccessful.

But if you can't see anything and if you don't have any other screens, after an ATIinject.kext modification, you can try to hold shift during all the boot process (since the grey apple to the login screen) to start in Safe Boot mode, generic display drivers are loaded and strangely there's no mouse tearing with them...

If I delete Info.plist, I won't have any Internal display...

Have you deleted any other ATI**.kext in Extensions folder ??

I tried with all ATI**.kext from a MacBook Pro (which has an ATI Mobility Radeon X1600 like us) but it was unsuccessful.

But if you can't see anything and if you don't have any other screens, after an ATIinject.kext modification, you can try to hold shift during all the boot process (since the grey apple to the login screen) to start in Safe Boot mode, generic display drivers are loaded and strangely there's no mouse tearing with them...

If I delete Info.plist, I won't have any Internal display...

Have you deleted any other ATI**.kext in Extensions folder ??

no u don't need the macbook pro files...

all u need is:

a fresh install of OSX 10.4.8 without any graphic patches installed and the files i posted...

and i did not talk about deleting the info.plist only... there are 2 info.plists inside of the atiinject.kext .... info.plist and info2.plist...

info2.plist does not contain the external monitor informations... so if u delete info.plist and rename info.plist u should still have a working system... i just cannot imagine anything else why your display is splitted into 4 parts...

thanks sheriffbounce for the solution to the splitted screen. It worked for me!

but, the backlight for my laptop internal display doesnt seem to be switched on. So i can only barely see the display, though now it is fully at the native resolution of 1280x800.

Is there anyway to turn the backlight on?

cheers

Sheriff

i tried the boris method 5 times but doesnt work any other suggestions??? thanks for the help anyways sheriff

i tried the boris method 5 times but doesnt work any other suggestions??? thanks for the help anyways sheriff

uhhhhmmm didnt use this method since months now... let me check and give u some feedback by the end of the day...

cheers

sheriff

Edited by sheriffbounce

how can i change the EDID byte code to string to edit the Info.plist? Info.plist is XML code file. But EDID date is byte code.

for changes in plist.info please ONLY use Apples Plist Editor!!!!!!! otherwise it wont work!!!

u can find it in the genius bar...

cheers

sheriff

I have searched the whole genius bar and didn't found the Apple Plist Editor.

When i google, it says that Plist Editor is included in Developer Tools but Developer Tools have a size of 925mb!

Where do i simply find the "Apple Plist Editor" ?

Please Help.

Greetings...

I have searched the whole genius bar and didn't found the Apple Plist Editor.

When i google, it says that Plist Editor is included in Developer Tools but Developer Tools have a size of 925mb!

Where do i simply find the "Apple Plist Editor" ?

Please Help.

Greetings...

here it is...

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry208018

Apple Propertylist Editor

In the Info.plist file , I found two places which can enter EDID. first is DFP1 and Second is LVDS. I know that my mobility X1600 could use for multi-vedio. But i don't know which one is used for LCD,which one is used for TV. Could u tell me? Thanks sincerely!

Edited by cmx

Thank you sheriffbounce! I found the Apple Plist Editor and succesfully installed it.

Afther Changing the EEID @ LVDS (hope this was the right entry) MacOS boots to the grey background and freezes then!

How can i load the standard VESA drivers to get back to MacOS for changing anything?

I noticed now, that i havent change the Ven & Dev ID's - Could that be the problem?

Greetings

In the Info.plist file , I found two places which can enter EDID. first is DFP1 and Second is LVDS. I know that my mobility X1600 could use for multi-vedio. But i don't know which one is used for LCD,which one is used for TV. Could u tell me? Thanks sincerely!

DFP1 is for the external monitor and LVDS for the internal display...

if u only use internal display u can delete info.plist from ATIinject.kext - rename info2.plist to info.plist and enter your EDID into this file...

hope this helps...

cheers

sheriff

Thank you sheriffbounce! I found the Apple Plist Editor and succesfully installed it.

Afther Changing the EEID @ LVDS (hope this was the right entry) MacOS boots to the grey background and freezes then!

How can i load the standard VESA drivers to get back to MacOS for changing anything?

I noticed now, that i havent change the Ven & Dev ID's - Could that be the problem?

Greetings

boot your notebook and press F8 to get the bootoptions of the Darwin Bootloader

enter -s

at the prompt after starting the console enter:

/sbin..blablabla (OSX tells you how to mount the system, it's 2 lines)

then:

cd /system/library/extensions

rm -rf atiinject.kext

cd ..

rm extensions.kextcache extensions.mkext

reboot

now your system should start again...

did you use the zip posted by me?

which systemconfiguration u have? which kernel?

could you please post your ATIinject.kext here?

uhhhhmmm didnt use this method since months now... let me check and give u some feedback by the end of the day...

cheers

sheriff

thanks sheriff, looks like whichever i use boris or natit i get the same result, i also tried using my x300 card and it seems to give me resolution change but no ci and other advanced features also when i try to playback dvd it says no video card present, i used the Callisto code. also it dint install fully even though after reboot i could change the resolution. last thing i noticed was that when i ran same the same dvd in another computer and installed with the same x1600 card i still got boxes. could it be something to do with the card even though it works fine in windows or could it be the installation dvd even though that is the only one which works on my S5000XVN board. if u igve me set of instructions to edit i can do it on my own, just loading xp to see my deive id for audio, thanks

Edited by AVPS