• Please log in to reply
146 replies to this topic

snobrd4life

snobrd4life

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
hey i tryed this package in 10.4.8 and everything was awesome! it loaded right up and i had QE/CI but when i tried loading it in 10.4.6, all i got was resolution changing ability.... any help?

thanks

sliverriver

sliverriver

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
hey there

i have a geforce fx go 5650
is this supported too ?

and on which installation has the patch to be done ? 10.4.6, 10.4.7 ? 10.4.8 with 8.4.1 kernel ?
didn`t get that.

thanks for the hints

cu

tokra128

tokra128

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts
Prasys - where is the 5600 support ?

rwjohnst

rwjohnst

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
WIll this work with a 10.4.1 install.....
I tried it...and the system never gets past the mac booting screen....It chugs and chuggs on the hard drive....
can't even get it to safeboot....

I noticed that geforce developer kexts are in the 10.4.1 deadmoo extensions directory....could I just modify those to get the exsisting ones to work?
also I have to remove all of the intel drivers as well....

useing an emachines
intel d845gvsr
celeron d with sse3
512MB

seanbperiod

seanbperiod

Digg enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

WIll this work with a 10.4.1 install.....
I tried it...and the system never gets past the mac booting screen....It chugs and chuggs on the hard drive....
can't even get it to safeboot....

I noticed that geforce developer kexts are in the 10.4.1 deadmoo extensions directory....could I just modify those to get the exsisting ones to work?
also I have to remove all of the intel drivers as well....

useing an emachines
intel d845gvsr
celeron d with sse3
512MB

search and you will find your answer

tronica

tronica

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
I'm running 10.4.7, and installed this driver. and restarted and I can change resolution now, however i don't have CI or QE, do i need to edit something. Thanks

nody

nody

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
Prazys would it it be to much to ask to make work with nVIDIA GeForce FX Go5700?? I need it badly, since i cant make it work with the 10.4.8 with Titan or Natit, im really fresh meat when it comes to OsX :rolleyes:, as oyu can see on my forum info,

Edited by nody, 11 January 2007 - 08:02 PM.

nody

nody

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
First of all, sorry bout the double post. But ive been lookin around and found the LaptopDisplay treath from np_ , and since you know how to... is it possible that my probs come from using a laptop?? I have a Acer Aspire 1714SMi, with the nVidia Card, and all my tests with Titan or Natit resulted in a black and, then white, screen for Titan, with ( i supose so...) Os running in the background, and Nattit a totally black screen in the same conditions. My question is... Would some how youre installer consider this? Or dumb me should stick to windows?? :wacko:

just for the info:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce FX Go5700
Type: Display
Bus: PCI
VRAM (Total): 128 MB
Vendor: nVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x0348
Revision ID: 0x00a1
Displays:
Display:
Resolution: 1280 x 1024 @ 60 Hz
Depth: 32-bit Color
Core Image: Not Supported
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

Edited by nody, 11 January 2007 - 11:06 PM.

DiaboliK

DiaboliK

DiaboliK <- Capital K!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts
@ nody have you tried adding your device id (which is: 0x034810de) to nvdaresman.kext, geforce.kext and the appropriate nvdanhalXX.kext?
thats after an install of titan/natit but before a restart.

nody

nody

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

@ nody have you tried adding your device id (which is: 0x034810de) to nvdaresman.kext, geforce.kext and the appropriate nvdanhalXX.kext?
thats after an install of titan/natit but before a restart.

Thats all ive done, put my ID on Geforce, nvdaresman, and on nvdanhal kexts. the nvdanhal i did de nvdanhal40, and also 30 & 40 @ the same time, still got my black & white, and with Natit my Totallyyy Black screen. Should i go for the 10 & 20 to?? Im really lost when comes to Mac and modding kext. Never done nothing of the kind with it.
Also Dense in *http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=35422&st=80* post#89 says you do not change GeForce.kext or it will crashes youre system, so since theres no really how to for everybody its getting very confusing and frustating, and also seeing all the sucess on others makes us poor fiew sad sad sad.ehehehehehehe.

Edited by nody, 12 January 2007 - 02:41 PM.

DiaboliK

DiaboliK

DiaboliK <- Capital K!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts
to get my 7600gt and 7600gs working all i editied was geforce.kext so.... beleive who you want to believe.

did you refer to this?

Touching IONDRVSupport is what is causing the crash.

read twice edit once :censored2:

Edited by DiaboliK, 13 January 2007 - 06:27 AM.

nody

nody

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

to get my 7600gt and 7600gs working all i editied was geforce.kext so.... beleive who you want to believe.

did you refer to this?
read twice edit once :lol:

Ive never touch that, and at the moment im back to 10.4.7, got a bit tired of formating the all chibanga. And im usin macnvidia kext, i dont know how to use lines of command at -s startup to put every thing back, if something guets wrong again. So as you may imagine after about 20 formats im just a litle big tired.

just crying my self a litle see if some good soul will make me a ready install package :hysterical: , or to say the least give a complete how to that i could follow trough to get it done :lol: .

wishing never did no arm... i guess...

nody

nody

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
Sorry for the long post everyone

Ok Mr Diabolik since my last post ive not be able to rest my mind, im not the kind to quit, but if its not askin to much id like to ask you for some assistance and correct me if im wrong on my line of thinkin:

To get Natit.kext to work (lets see if i have all in the right place...)

First i have to correct my ID from <dict>
<key>name</key>
<string>GeForce FX Go5700</string>
</dict>
<key>0x034C</key>
<dict>
to :<dict>
<key>name</key>
<string>GeForce FX Go5700</string>
</dict>
<key>0x0348</key>
<dict>

Then Get GeForce.kext and change-
<key>IOPCIMatch</key>
<string>0x000010de&amp;0x0000ffff</string>

to:
<key>IOPCIMatch</key>
<string>0x034810de&amp;0x0000ffff</string>

Then get NVDAResman.kext, and NVDANV30Hal.kext and put everything on Extensions. I say NVDANV30Hal.kext since it gots :

0x034010de&amp;0xfff0ffff and iguessin here, but thats the reference to my card. Do i live it like that, or should i change that reference to match my card ID?

After all this, i get openglframework fron the intel package from apple and place it in the right place. Do nothing to IONDRVSupport.

And now - NVDANV10Hal.kext,NVDANV20Hal.kext and NVDANV40Hal.kext i remove from the extensions folder.

After that is the part that i need some help:

in terminal i do sudo chown -Rf root:wheel GeForce* NVDA* Natit*
sudo chmod -Rf 755 GeForce* NVDA* Natit*
diskutil repairPermissions /
And Reboot.

Now Time to make some questions:

-Should i go also sudo chow and sudo chmod to NVDANV30HAL, or no??
-Can i test this with 8.4.1 kernel or will natit only work with 8.8.1??

-If something should go wrong what to do on reboot F8 -s ??

Is it rm -r /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache
rm -r /System/Library/Extensions.mkext
kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions/ ????

and should i rm Natit.kext also?? and if so before the Extensions.kextcache isnt it??

My last question is if all this is correct and in the correct order, if something goes wrong how will my machine load Os if doesnt have any kext to my display??

Edited by nody, 13 January 2007 - 08:49 PM.

El Matador

El Matador

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Man!! I Couldnt get this working!! I have a Leadtek agp fx 5200 (id 0322, vendor 10de), and i tried "pure" titan install, your installer, the 11mb installer of the another guy in this forum, and the only thing i get is resolution changing. I have jas amd intel 10.4.8 with jas ppf, and kernel 8.8.1. Do anyone know what i can do?

drho2004

drho2004

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Interests:hardware, cars
i have a 5200 that came with wit a HP Media Center PC m370n that i was given. device 0x0322 . i tried the installer, it gives me all the resolutions--im running 1600x1200@60hz on my samsung SyncMaster 204B---but no QE/CI...im running Jas 10.4.6, i tried the re-seed 10.4.8 but it was no boot. anything i can try?? :( i have another hackitosh and it does have QW/CI enabled (GMA900) and it ROCKS! now if i can onlyt get this one.... :-P

Corona

Corona

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
To all those getting res changing and not QE/CI, have you checked AGPGart? I haven't got my new card to try this yet, but from what I've seen you can't use AGPGart with Natit/Titan, so for acceleration to work try moving AGPGart.kext out of extensions folder.

Corona

Jorrel

Jorrel

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Interests:Anything About Computers
is this Installer applicable on version 10.4.6? :unsure:

MacAndor

MacAndor

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
Hi guy's I have an Nvidia 6100 Go and it does not work, somebody help me!!!

Please!!!

thx

GaaraX

GaaraX

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
Worked like a charm with my GeForce 5200 FX under OSX 10.4.8 JAS DVD , Thank you Prasys :)

alarustic

alarustic

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
I installed this patch but now my machine won't boot even in safe mode. Is there anything I can do to rescue my install and then how do I get this driver working?

Thanks for any help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy