• Please log in to reply
146 replies to this topic

snobrd4life

snobrd4life

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
hey i tryed this package in 10.4.8 and everything was awesome! it loaded right up and i had QE/CI but when i tried loading it in 10.4.6, all i got was resolution changing ability.... any help?

thanks

sliverriver

sliverriver

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
hey there

i have a geforce fx go 5650
is this supported too ?

and on which installation has the patch to be done ? 10.4.6, 10.4.7 ? 10.4.8 with 8.4.1 kernel ?
didn`t get that.

thanks for the hints

cu

tokra128

tokra128

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts
Prasys - where is the 5600 support ?

rwjohnst

rwjohnst

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
WIll this work with a 10.4.1 install.....
I tried it...and the system never gets past the mac booting screen....It chugs and chuggs on the hard drive....
can't even get it to safeboot....

I noticed that geforce developer kexts are in the 10.4.1 deadmoo extensions directory....could I just modify those to get the exsisting ones to work?
also I have to remove all of the intel drivers as well....

useing an emachines
intel d845gvsr
celeron d with sse3
512MB

seanbperiod

seanbperiod

Digg enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

WIll this work with a 10.4.1 install.....
I tried it...and the system never gets past the mac booting screen....It chugs and chuggs on the hard drive....
can't even get it to safeboot....

I noticed that geforce developer kexts are in the 10.4.1 deadmoo extensions directory....could I just modify those to get the exsisting ones to work?
also I have to remove all of the intel drivers as well....

useing an emachines
intel d845gvsr
celeron d with sse3
512MB

search and you will find your answer

tronica

tronica

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
I'm running 10.4.7, and installed this driver. and restarted and I can change resolution now, however i don't have CI or QE, do i need to edit something. Thanks

nody

nody

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
Prazys would it it be to much to ask to make work with nVIDIA GeForce FX Go5700?? I need it badly, since i can´t make it work with the 10.4.8 with Titan or Natit, i´m really fresh meat when it comes to OsX :rolleyes:, as oyu can see on my forum info,

Edited by nody, 11 January 2007 - 08:02 PM.

nody

nody

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
First of all, sorry bout the double post. But i´ve been lookin around and found the LaptopDisplay treath from np_ , and since you know how to... is it possible that my probs come from using a laptop?? I have a Acer Aspire 1714SMi, with the nVidia Card, and all my test´s with Titan or Natit resulted in a black and, then white, screen for Titan, with ( i supose so...) Os running in the background, and Nattit a totally black screen in the same conditions. My question is... Would some how youre installer consider this? Or dumb me should stick to windows?? :wacko:

just for the info:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce FX Go5700
Type: Display
Bus: PCI
VRAM (Total): 128 MB
Vendor: nVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x0348
Revision ID: 0x00a1
Displays:
Display:
Resolution: 1280 x 1024 @ 60 Hz
Depth: 32-bit Color
Core Image: Not Supported
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

Edited by nody, 11 January 2007 - 11:06 PM.

DiaboliK

DiaboliK

DiaboliK <- Capital K!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts
@ nody have you tried adding your device id (which is: 0x034810de) to nvdaresman.kext, geforce.kext and the appropriate nvdanhalXX.kext?
thats after an install of titan/natit but before a restart.

nody

nody

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

@ nody have you tried adding your device id (which is: 0x034810de) to nvdaresman.kext, geforce.kext and the appropriate nvdanhalXX.kext?
thats after an install of titan/natit but before a restart.

That´s all i´ve done, put my ID on Geforce, nvdaresman, and on nvdanhal kext´s. the nvdanhal i did de nvdanhal40, and also 30 & 40 @ the same time, still got my black & white, and with Natit my Totallyyy Black screen. Should i go for the 10 & 20 to?? I´m really lost when comes to Mac and modding kext. Never done nothing of the kind with it.
Also Dense in *http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=35422&st=80* post#89 says you do not change GeForce.kext or it will crashes you´re system, so since there´s no really how to for everybody it´s getting very confusing and frustating, and also seeing all the sucess on other´s makes us poor fiew sad sad sad.ehehehehehehe.

Edited by nody, 12 January 2007 - 02:41 PM.

DiaboliK

DiaboliK

DiaboliK <- Capital K!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts
to get my 7600gt and 7600gs working all i editied was geforce.kext so.... beleive who you want to believe.

did you refer to this?

Touching IONDRVSupport is what is causing the crash.

read twice edit once :censored2:

Edited by DiaboliK, 13 January 2007 - 06:27 AM.

nody

nody

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

to get my 7600gt and 7600gs working all i editied was geforce.kext so.... beleive who you want to believe.

did you refer to this?
read twice edit once :lol:

I´ve never touch that, and at the moment i´m back to 10.4.7, got a bit tired of formating the all chibanga. And i´m usin macnvidia kext, i don´t know how to use lines of command at -s startup to put every thing back, if something guet´s wrong again. So as you may imagine after about 20 formats i´m just a litle big tired.

just crying my self a litle see if some good soul will make me a ready install package :hysterical: , or to say the least give a complete how to that i could follow trough to get it done :lol: .

wishing never did no arm... i guess...

nody

nody

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
Sorry for the long post everyone

Ok Mr Diabolik since my last post i´ve not be able to rest my mind, i´m not the kind to quit, but if it´s not askin to much i´d like to ask you for some assistance and correct me if i´m wrong on my line of thinkin:

To get Natit.kext to work (lets see if i have all in the right place...)

First i have to correct my ID from <dict>
<key>name</key>
<string>GeForce FX Go5700</string>
</dict>
<key>0x034C</key>
<dict>
to :<dict>
<key>name</key>
<string>GeForce FX Go5700</string>
</dict>
<key>0x0348</key>
<dict>

Then Get GeForce.kext and change-
<key>IOPCIMatch</key>
<string>0x000010de&amp;0x0000ffff</string>

to:
<key>IOPCIMatch</key>
<string>0x034810de&amp;0x0000ffff</string>

Then get NVDAResman.kext, and NVDANV30Hal.kext and put everything on Extensions. I say NVDANV30Hal.kext since it got´s :

0x034010de&amp;0xfff0ffff and i´guessin here, but that´s the reference to my card. Do i live it like that, or should i change that reference to match my card ID?

After all this, i get openglframework fron the intel package from apple and place it in the right place. Do nothing to IONDRVSupport.

And now - NVDANV10Hal.kext,NVDANV20Hal.kext and NVDANV40Hal.kext i remove from the extensions folder.

After that is the part that i need some help:

in terminal i do sudo chown -Rf root:wheel GeForce* NVDA* Natit*
sudo chmod -Rf 755 GeForce* NVDA* Natit*
diskutil repairPermissions /
And Reboot.

Now Time to make some questions:

-Should i go also sudo chow and sudo chmod to NVDANV30HAL, or no??
-Can i test this with 8.4.1 kernel or will natit only work with 8.8.1??

-If something should go wrong what to do on reboot F8 -s ??

Is it rm -r /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache
rm -r /System/Library/Extensions.mkext
kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions/ ????

and should i rm Natit.kext also?? and if so before the Extensions.kextcache isn´t it??

My last question is if all this is correct and in the correct order, if something goes wrong how will my machine load Os if doesn´t have any kext to my display??

Edited by nody, 13 January 2007 - 08:49 PM.

El Matador

El Matador

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Man!! I Couldn´t get this working!! I have a Leadtek agp fx 5200 (id 0322, vendor 10de), and i tried "pure" titan install, your installer, the 11mb installer of the another guy in this forum, and the only thing i get is resolution changing. I have jas amd intel 10.4.8 with jas ppf, and kernel 8.8.1. Do anyone know what i can do?

drho2004

drho2004

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Interests:hardware, cars
i have a 5200 that came with wit a HP Media Center PC m370n that i was given. device 0x0322 . i tried the installer, it gives me all the resolutions--im running 1600x1200@60hz on my samsung SyncMaster 204B---but no QE/CI...im running Jas 10.4.6, i tried the re-seed 10.4.8 but it was no boot. anything i can try?? :( i have another hackitosh and it does have QW/CI enabled (GMA900) and it ROCKS! now if i can onlyt get this one.... :-P

Corona

Corona

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
To all those getting res changing and not QE/CI, have you checked AGPGart? I haven't got my new card to try this yet, but from what I've seen you can't use AGPGart with Natit/Titan, so for acceleration to work try moving AGPGart.kext out of extensions folder.

Corona

Jorrel

Jorrel

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Interests:Anything About Computers
is this Installer applicable on version 10.4.6? :unsure:

MacAndor

MacAndor

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
Hi guy's I have an Nvidia 6100 Go and it does not work, somebody help me!!!

Please!!!

thx

GaaraX

GaaraX

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
Worked like a charm with my GeForce 5200 FX under OSX 10.4.8 JAS DVD , Thank you Prasys :)

alarustic

alarustic

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
I installed this patch but now my machine won't boot even in safe mode. Is there anything I can do to rescue my install and then how do I get this driver working?

Thanks for any help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2015 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy