GeForce FX5200/FX5500 Installer for SSE2 AMD/Intel BETA

Prasys

147 posts in this topic

Prazys would it it be to much to ask to make work with nVIDIA GeForce FX Go5700?? I need it badly, since i can´t make it work with the 10.4.8 with Titan or Natit, i´m really fresh meat when it comes to OsX :rolleyes:, as oyu can see on my forum info,

Edited by nody

First of all, sorry bout the double post. But i´ve been lookin around and found the LaptopDisplay treath from np_ , and since you know how to... is it possible that my probs come from using a laptop?? I have a Acer Aspire 1714SMi, with the nVidia Card, and all my test´s with Titan or Natit resulted in a black and, then white, screen for Titan, with ( i supose so...) Os running in the background, and Nattit a totally black screen in the same conditions. My question is... Would some how youre installer consider this? Or dumb me should stick to windows?? :wacko:

just for the info:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce FX Go5700

Type: Display

Bus: PCI

VRAM (Total): 128 MB

Vendor: nVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0348

Revision ID: 0x00a1

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1280 x 1024 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Not Supported

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

Edited by nody

@ nody have you tried adding your device id (which is: 0x034810de) to nvdaresman.kext, geforce.kext and the appropriate nvdanhalXX.kext?

thats after an install of titan/natit but before a restart.

That´s all i´ve done, put my ID on Geforce, nvdaresman, and on nvdanhal kext´s. the nvdanhal i did de nvdanhal40, and also 30 & 40 @ the same time, still got my black & white, and with Natit my Totallyyy Black screen. Should i go for the 10 & 20 to?? I´m really lost when comes to Mac and modding kext. Never done nothing of the kind with it.

Also Dense in *http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=35422&st=80* post#89 says you do not change GeForce.kext or it will crashes you´re system, so since there´s no really how to for everybody it´s getting very confusing and frustating, and also seeing all the sucess on other´s makes us poor fiew sad sad sad.ehehehehehehe.

Edited by nody

to get my 7600gt and 7600gs working all i editied was geforce.kext so.... beleive who you want to believe.

did you refer to this?

Touching IONDRVSupport is what is causing the crash.

read twice edit once :censored2:

Edited by DiaboliK

to get my 7600gt and 7600gs working all i editied was geforce.kext so.... beleive who you want to believe.

did you refer to this?

read twice edit once :lol:

I´ve never touch that, and at the moment i´m back to 10.4.7, got a bit tired of formating the all chibanga. And i´m usin macnvidia kext, i don´t know how to use lines of command at -s startup to put every thing back, if something guet´s wrong again. So as you may imagine after about 20 formats i´m just a litle big tired.

just crying my self a litle see if some good soul will make me a ready install package :hysterical: , or to say the least give a complete how to that i could follow trough to get it done :lol: .

wishing never did no arm... i guess...

Sorry for the long post everyone

Ok Mr Diabolik since my last post i´ve not be able to rest my mind, i´m not the kind to quit, but if it´s not askin to much i´d like to ask you for some assistance and correct me if i´m wrong on my line of thinkin:

To get Natit.kext to work (lets see if i have all in the right place...)

First i have to correct my ID from <dict>

<key>name</key>

<string>GeForce FX Go5700</string>

</dict>

<key>0x034C</key>

<dict>

to :<dict>

<key>name</key>

<string>GeForce FX Go5700</string>

</dict>

<key>0x0348</key>

<dict>

Then Get GeForce.kext and change-

<key>IOPCIMatch</key>

<string>0x000010de&amp;0x0000ffff</string>

to:

<key>IOPCIMatch</key>

<string>0x034810de&amp;0x0000ffff</string>

Then get NVDAResman.kext, and NVDANV30Hal.kext and put everything on Extensions. I say NVDANV30Hal.kext since it got´s :

0x034010de&0xfff0ffff and i´guessin here, but that´s the reference to my card. Do i live it like that, or should i change that reference to match my card ID?

After all this, i get openglframework fron the intel package from apple and place it in the right place. Do nothing to IONDRVSupport.

And now - NVDANV10Hal.kext,NVDANV20Hal.kext and NVDANV40Hal.kext i remove from the extensions folder.

After that is the part that i need some help:

in terminal i do sudo chown -Rf root:wheel GeForce* NVDA* Natit*

sudo chmod -Rf 755 GeForce* NVDA* Natit*

diskutil repairPermissions /

And Reboot.

Now Time to make some questions:

-Should i go also sudo chow and sudo chmod to NVDANV30HAL, or no??

-Can i test this with 8.4.1 kernel or will natit only work with 8.8.1??

-If something should go wrong what to do on reboot F8 -s ??

Is it rm -r /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache

rm -r /System/Library/Extensions.mkext

kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions/ ????

and should i rm Natit.kext also?? and if so before the Extensions.kextcache isn´t it??

My last question is if all this is correct and in the correct order, if something goes wrong how will my machine load Os if doesn´t have any kext to my display??

Edited by nody

Man!! I Couldn´t get this working!! I have a Leadtek agp fx 5200 (id 0322, vendor 10de), and i tried "pure" titan install, your installer, the 11mb installer of the another guy in this forum, and the only thing i get is resolution changing. I have jas amd intel 10.4.8 with jas ppf, and kernel 8.8.1. Do anyone know what i can do?

i have a 5200 that came with wit a HP Media Center PC m370n that i was given. device 0x0322 . i tried the installer, it gives me all the resolutions--im running 1600x1200@60hz on my samsung SyncMaster 204B---but no QE/CI...im running Jas 10.4.6, i tried the re-seed 10.4.8 but it was no boot. anything i can try?? :( i have another hackitosh and it does have QW/CI enabled (GMA900) and it ROCKS! now if i can onlyt get this one.... :-P

To all those getting res changing and not QE/CI, have you checked AGPGart? I haven't got my new card to try this yet, but from what I've seen you can't use AGPGart with Natit/Titan, so for acceleration to work try moving AGPGart.kext out of extensions folder.

Corona

• 2 weeks later...

It depends i1sam...It really depends on you....Seriously , if you disable your GMA 950 , you'll save some RAM Space and FX5200 is a pretty 'cheapo' card for O SX

If you're on PCIe , I would suggest you to go for Nvidia geforce 7300/7600 series

EXELLENT!!. thanx a lot. It work perfect with my gf5200 agp (shown as PCI thou)....

EDIT: I just notice DVD plays chunky. there is a way to solve that, or is a hardware limitation?

Edited by blackchungo

A little bit further....

Im using now VLC and it works great (apple dvd player needs SSE3)....

and I get no monitor connected in the profiler....

but is working pretty good. Now I'll try if I can get dual screen to work.

cheers

(why I cannot edit my posts?, the edit link is gone)

Thanks a lot this worked like a charm. Im pretty new to this so im not 100% sure what in doing but so far everything works except sound.

My System

Dell Dimension 4500

P4 2.4Ghz

512 MB RAM

FX5200 128 or 256 MB i forget

3COM Ethernet Card, i will post numbers later. Have to use 10.4.3 driver i have.

20GB hard drive

80GB hard drive for windows.

Edited by Vegablade

WIll this work with a 10.4.1 install.....

I tried it...and the system never gets past the mac booting screen....It chugs and chuggs on the hard drive....

can't even get it to safeboot....

I noticed that geforce developer kexts are in the 10.4.1 deadmoo extensions directory....could I just modify those to get the exsisting ones to work?

also I have to remove all of the intel drivers as well....

useing an emachines

intel d845gvsr

celeron d with sse3

512MB

No

10.4.8 is recomended