NVidia fx5500 256MB FULLY WORKING!

Thico Alves

139 posts in this topic

Yes, QuartzSimple is an app. But again, QuartzSimple is for QE2D after you achieve QE and CI. You don't have QE and CI yet, so QE2D cannot be turned on.

When you are ready for it, QuartzSimple can be found in the QE2D link in my signature.

Sorry about my dumbness, but how can I achieve QE and CI?

Thnx for link about Quartz 2D Extreme, read that before too, and about that I understand (so far I think so :D.

I found this thread about Titan drivers which doing full CI/QE support for NVidia cards.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...809&hl=QECI

So as I understand, if, I will install those Titan drivers from http://omni.starchaser.org/titan/

then will be QE/CI and then next step will be Your link for Q2D Extreme.

Sorry about my dumbness, but how can I achieve QE and CI?

that's EXACTLY what I'm trying to make work with everyone. My card is the same as yours, and my installer worked great here! That's why I don't know why it's not working with you. My package is based on the titan stuff... so don't worry, is better if you don't try to install titan by yourself because it's hard and you can mess up with everything. I need your bootlog. Please, open the System Profiler and show to me the System.log (you can find it on "logs" inside System Profiler). Then I will be abble to see what's starting and what is not.

GeForce FX 5500 256MB PCI (not pcie). I used your patch and got core image but System profiler still says it doesn't have quartz extreme.

Is there a way to fix that?

GeForce FX 5500 256MB PCI (not pcie). I used your patch and got core image but System profiler still says it doesn't have quartz extreme.

Is there a way to fix that?

Try removing AGPGart and see if it works. . . Strange that it support CI but don't QE!! Is your card detected as AGP on system profiler?!

everything was working fine expcept for the QE and CI which was not supported.. i deleted the AGPgart and now it has the support and DVD player now works and VLC which used to crash before ...

hmm... interesting! I think that it's happening with some mobos that AGPGart doesn't offer support. Mine was the reverse situation. It just worked after I install AGPGart. And my video card is the same as yours! Strange, really...

i have an Asus P4P800-SE Mobo with 3.0Ghz Prescott Proc.. 1GB RAM and AGP FX5500...

when i had the AGPgart installed it will show in the system profiler and AGP card and QE and CI is not supported.. and when i deleted the AGPgart it changed to PCI and have full support now..

the strange thing when i use toaster the User Interface of the program is a bit pinkish and it happens to some apps.. maybe cuz they are PPC apps and now universal

• 2 weeks later...
Happy New Year!

Could anyone tell me where is located that AGPGart? And if will remove it, will the CI/QE start to work?

Found this thread, but its in spanish and as I dont understand, its not helping me:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...759&hl=5500

Still waiting for NVidia GeForce FX 5500 AGP proper drivers...

It's located on /System/Library/Extensions folder. Don't remove it, just move it to another place (root is a good place) so it will not be loaded when the system starts, and if something happen after you move it is easy to restore back if you don't delete the file.

I just wanted to report that this installer is working great for an nVidia FX5200 with 128MB VRAM on an ASUS AGP board with device ID 0x0322. Removing the AGPGart kext made QE/CI work for me, same as others have reported.

Thanks to everyone who has worked on this! :rolleyes:

Works fine with the following on ASUS A8V motherboard:

NVIDIA GeForce FX 5900XT:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5900XT

Type: Display

Bus: PCI

VRAM (Total): 128 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0332

Revision ID: 0x00a1

Displays:

BenQ FP71E:

Resolution: 1280 x 1024 @ 75 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Supported

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Display:

Many thanks for your installer !

Edited by Luc Galarneau

Hello Thico Alves!

The Profiler shows:

NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500

Type: Display

Bus: AGP

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0326

Revision ID: 0x00a1

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1024 x 768 @ 85 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Not Supported

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

Display:

I have the same card and the same problem. I tried removing the AGPGart.kext and the only difference is that it shows PCI instead of AGP. CI/QE are still not supported.

is this driver file can be applied on 10.4.6? 8.4.1 :whistle:

nope, it supports only the latest macos 10.4.8 with 8.8.1 kernel. Please update your macos before trying.

When AGPgart is loaded there is no QE/CI, i read a lot of posts with this problem... is this sse2 related?

When AGPgart is not loaded QE/CI are working...

probally the emulated SSE3 instructions on SSE2 only machines is helping to malfunction of the driver, specially AGPGart

removed AGPGart.kext but nothing happens, still no QE/CI... NVidia GeForce FX 5500 256 mb (vend id: 10de, device id: 0326). Seems that there is hard to get working, if card is AGP...

Because on another system, have NVidia GeForce 6200LE PCI-E, and with Neo's Universal Installer 1.0 works fine. With the same installer on GeForce FX 5500 was showing black screen..

robert-xs-computer:~ root# dmesg

hi mem tramps at 0xffe00000

PAE enabled

enabling INTEL features

standard timeslicing quantum is 10000 us

vm_page_bootstrap: 187895 free pages

mig_table_max_displ = 71

Enabling XMM register save/restore and SSE/SSE2 opcodes

Skipping duplicate extension "com.apple.driver.AppleRTL8139Ethernet" with older/same version (1.2.0 -> 1.2.0).

ACPI CA 20051117 [debug level=0 layer=0]

AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement: ready

AppleACPICPU: ProcessorApicId=0 LocalApicId=0 Enabled

PASSED! ...maximum protection of commpage set ALL

Copyright © 1982, 1986, 1989, 1991, 1993

The Regents of the University of California. All rights reserved.

using 3932 buffer headers and 3932 cluster IO buffer headers

IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 0:23

ACPI: System State [s0 S4 S5] (S0)

ACPI: Button driver prevents system sleep

Security auditing service present

BSM auditing present

disabled

From path: "uuid",

Waiting for boot volume with UUID 23534939-73BC-33A1-9320-C4B6EB43169B

Waiting on <dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key><string ID="1">IOResources</string><key>IOResourceMatch</key><string ID="2">boot-uuid-media</string></dict>

Got boot device = IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/IDE0@1F,1/AppleIntelPIIXATARoot/CHN0@0/AppleIntelPIIXPATA/ATADeviceNub@0/IOATABlockStorageDriver/IOATABlockStorageDevice/IOBlockStorageDriver/ST320011A Media/IOFDiskPartitionScheme/Untitled 1@1

BSD root: disk0s1, major 14, minor 1

jnl: replay_journal: from: 2577920 to: 2039808 (joffset 0x59000)

HFS: Removed 1 orphaned unlinked files

Jettisoning kernel linker.

Resetting IOCatalogue.

Matching service count = 2

Matching service count = 3

Matching service count = 5

NVDANV30HAL loaded and registered.

Apple16X50ACPI1: Identified Serial Port on ACPI Device=UAR1

Apple16X50ACPI2: Identified Serial Port on ACPI Device=UAR2

Apple16X50UARTSync1: Detected 16550AF/C/CF FIFO=16 MaxBaud=115200

Apple16X50UARTSync2: Detected 16550AF/C/CF FIFO=16 MaxBaud=115200

NVDA::probe(display)

Titan: By omni, built November 4, 2006

Titan: Testing for NVidia card...

Titan: Found NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200

Titan: All set, cross your fingers!

NVDA::start(display) <1>

NVDA::start(display) <1> failed

Intel82557: Ethernet address 00:02:b3:bc:0d:c9

(78: coreservicesd)tfp: failed on 0:

QE/CI WORKING!...but with AGPGart no QE/CI....i have enabled AGP manually on pci devices with reggie sepost-11772-1170335351_thumb.jpg post-11772-1170335351_thumb.jpg ... :wallbash:

any help? and what's this error?...thx

post-11772-1170335420_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

same problem like Bristol

Thanks to Thico (good job) I' ve installed the driver on a amd 64 + fx5500, the resolution is well but no core image and no quartz even , I've tried to remove AGart but no luck at the moment.Anyone knows if I have to remove the Extensions.cache??

• 1 month later...

Just wanted throw in my two cents: ASUS p4b533-e mobo, FX5500 AGP 128MB. Your script worked great, card identified as AGP but no QE/CI. I removed AGPGart and rebooted and had QE/CI enabled, but PCI instead of AGP. When I did the Quartz2dExtreme thing my Xbench results actually went down (although truly they were not that good to begin with :-P ). iMovie now lets me actually do something in the interface, tried a home made DVD and framerates were like 1 frame every 1.5 seconds...just pitiful really. I think I need a new graphics card :-)

Edited by gtsmith

i have a question. My config was running smoothly for a couple of weeks. I have a FX5500 and i used your installer. QE and QI were both enabled. But then a few days ago i thing i did something dumb. i used Onyx to clean the caching and stuff. Now QE and QI are both disabled. I first noticed it when VLC stopped working proparly. So i tried reinstalling your driver the same way i did it the first time. Still no luck.

Any ideas how to get it back on with Qe/Qi?

PS: This is what it says in the terminal after i retry your installer:

I am going to search for MacVidia files and backup to /Video.bkp

cp: /System/Library/Extensions/NVDriver.kext: No such file or directory

cp: /System/Library/Extensions/NVidia.kext: No such file or directory

cp: /System/Library/Extensions/NVDANV10Hal.kext: No such file or directory

cp: /System/Library/Extensions/NVDANV20Hal.kext: No such file or directory

cp: /System/Library/Extensions/NVDANV40Hal.kext: No such file or directory

Now I am removing all unnecessary files. . .

rm: /System/Library/Extensions/NVDriver.kext: No such file or directory

rm: /System/Library/Extensions/NVidia.kext: No such file or directory

rm: /System/Library/Extensions/NVDANV10Hal.kext: No such file or directory

rm: /System/Library/Extensions/NVDANV20Hal.kext: No such file or directory

rm: /System/Library/Extensions/NVDANV40Hal.kext: No such file or directory

Now I am going to copy the new files to the Extensions folder

Now I am going to fix the permissions

Started verify/repair permissions on disk disk1s1 OSX

Determining correct file permissions.

parent directory ./Users/Shared/SC Info does not exist

Permissions differ on ./System/Library/Extensions/GeForce.kext/Contents/Info.plist, should be -rw-r--r-- , they are -rwxr-xr-x

Owner and group corrected on ./System/Library/Extensions/GeForce.kext/Contents/Info.plist

Permissions corrected on ./System/Library/Extensions/GeForce.kext/Contents/Info.plist

Permissions differ on ./System/Library/Extensions/GeForce.kext/Contents/MacOS/GeForce, should be -rw-r--r-- , they are -rwxr-xr-x

Owner and group corrected on ./System/Library/Extensions/GeForce.kext/Contents/MacOS/GeForce

Permissions corrected on ./System/Library/Extensions/GeForce.kext/Contents/MacOS/GeForce

Permissions differ on ./System/Library/Extensions/GeForce.kext/Contents/PkgInfo, should be -rw-r--r-- , they are -rwxr-xr-x

Owner and group corrected on ./System/Library/Extensions/GeForce.kext/Contents/PkgInfo

Permissions corrected on ./System/Library/Extensions/GeForce.kext/Contents/PkgInfo

Permissions differ on ./System/Library/Extensions/GeForce.kext/Contents/version.plist, should be -rw-r--r-- , they are -rwxr-xr-x

Owner and group corrected on ./System/Library/Extensions/GeForce.kext/Contents/version.plist

Permissions corrected on ./System/Library/Extensions/GeForce.kext/Contents/version.plist

Permissions differ on ./System/Library/Extensions/IONDRVSupport.kext/IONDRVSupport, should be -rw-r--r-- , they are -rwxr-xr-x

Owner and group corrected on ./System/Library/Extensions/IONDRVSupport.kext/IONDRVSupport

Permissions corrected on ./System/Library/Extensions/IONDRVSupport.kext/IONDRVSupport

Permissions differ on ./System/Library/Extensions/IONDRVSupport.kext/Info.plist, should be -rw-r--r-- , they are -rwxr-xr-x

Owner and group corrected on ./System/Library/Extensions/IONDRVSupport.kext/Info.plist

Permissions corrected on ./System/Library/Extensions/IONDRVSupport.kext/Info.plist

Permissions differ on ./System/Library/Extensions/IONDRVSupport.kext/version.plist, should be -rw-r--r-- , they are -rwxr-xr-x

Owner and group corrected on ./System/Library/Extensions/IONDRVSupport.kext/version.plist

Permissions corrected on ./System/Library/Extensions/IONDRVSupport.kext/version.plist

Permissions differ on ./System/Library/Extensions/NVDANV30Hal.kext/Contents/Info.plist, should be -rw-r--r-- , they are -rwxr-xr-x

Owner and group corrected on ./System/Library/Extensions/NVDANV30Hal.kext/Contents/Info.plist

Permissions corrected on ./System/Library/Extensions/NVDANV30Hal.kext/Contents/Info.plist

Permissions differ on ./System/Library/Extensions/NVDANV30Hal.kext/Contents/MacOS/NVDANV30Hal, should be -rw-r--r-- , they are -rwxr-xr-x

Owner and group corrected on ./System/Library/Extensions/NVDANV30Hal.kext/Contents/MacOS/NVDANV30Hal

Permissions corrected on ./System/Library/Extensions/NVDANV30Hal.kext/Contents/MacOS/NVDANV30Hal

Permissions differ on ./System/Library/Extensions/NVDANV30Hal.kext/Contents/PkgInfo, should be -rw-r--r-- , they are -rwxr-xr-x

Owner and group corrected on ./System/Library/Extensions/NVDANV30Hal.kext/Contents/PkgInfo

Permissions corrected on ./System/Library/Extensions/NVDANV30Hal.kext/Contents/PkgInfo

Permissions differ on ./System/Library/Extensions/NVDANV30Hal.kext/Contents/version.plist, should be -rw-r--r-- , they are -rwxr-xr-x

Owner and group corrected on ./System/Library/Extensions/NVDANV30Hal.kext/Contents/version.plist

Permissions corrected on ./System/Library/Extensions/NVDANV30Hal.kext/Contents/version.plist

Permissions differ on ./System/Library/Extensions/NVDAResman.kext/Contents/Info.plist, should be -rw-r--r-- , they are -rwxr-xr-x

Owner and group corrected on ./System/Library/Extensions/NVDAResman.kext/Contents/Info.plist

Permissions corrected on ./System/Library/Extensions/NVDAResman.kext/Contents/Info.plist

Permissions differ on ./System/Library/Extensions/NVDAResman.kext/Contents/MacOS/NVDAResman, should be -rw-r--r-- , they are -rwxr-xr-x

Owner and group corrected on ./System/Library/Extensions/NVDAResman.kext/Contents/MacOS/NVDAResman

Permissions corrected on ./System/Library/Extensions/NVDAResman.kext/Contents/MacOS/NVDAResman

Permissions differ on ./System/Library/Extensions/NVDAResman.kext/Contents/PkgInfo, should be -rw-r--r-- , they are -rwxr-xr-x

Owner and group corrected on ./System/Library/Extensions/NVDAResman.kext/Contents/PkgInfo

Permissions corrected on ./System/Library/Extensions/NVDAResman.kext/Contents/PkgInfo

Permissions differ on ./System/Library/Extensions/NVDAResman.kext/Contents/version.plist, should be -rw-r--r-- , they are -rwxr-xr-x

Owner and group corrected on ./System/Library/Extensions/NVDAResman.kext/Contents/version.plist

Permissions corrected on ./System/Library/Extensions/NVDAResman.kext/Contents/version.plist

The privileges have been verified or repaired on the selected volume

Verify/repair finished permissions on disk disk1s1 OSX

Now I am going to remove the kext cache

Now you have to reboot you computer...

• 2 weeks later...
i have a question. My config was running smoothly for a couple of weeks. I have a FX5500 and i used your installer. QE and QI were both enabled. But then a few days ago i thing i did something dumb. i used Onyx to clean the caching and stuff. Now QE and QI are both disabled. I first noticed it when VLC stopped working proparly. So i tried reinstalling your driver the same way i did it the first time. Still no luck.

Any ideas how to get it back on with Qe/Qi?

PS: This is what it says in the terminal after i retry your installer:

I am going to search for MacVidia files and backup to /Video.bkp

cp: /System/Library/Extensions/NVDriver.kext: No such file or directory

cp: /System/Library/Extensions/NVidia.kext: No such file or directory

cp: /System/Library/Extensions/NVDANV10Hal.kext: No such file or directory

cp: /System/Library/Extensions/NVDANV20Hal.kext: No such file or directory

cp: /System/Library/Extensions/NVDANV40Hal.kext: No such file or directory

Now I am removing all unnecessary files. . .

rm: /System/Library/Extensions/NVDriver.kext: No such file or directory

rm: /System/Library/Extensions/NVidia.kext: No such file or directory

rm: /System/Library/Extensions/NVDANV10Hal.kext: No such file or directory

rm: /System/Library/Extensions/NVDANV20Hal.kext: No such file or directory

rm: /System/Library/Extensions/NVDANV40Hal.kext: No such file or directory

Now I am going to copy the new files to the Extensions folder

Now I am going to fix the permissions

Started verify/repair permissions on disk disk1s1 OSX

Determining correct file permissions.

parent directory ./Users/Shared/SC Info does not exist

Permissions differ on ./System/Library/Extensions/GeForce.kext/Contents/Info.plist, should be -rw-r--r-- , they are -rwxr-xr-x

Owner and group corrected on ./System/Library/Extensions/GeForce.kext/Contents/Info.plist

Permissions corrected on ./System/Library/Extensions/GeForce.kext/Contents/Info.plist

Permissions differ on ./System/Library/Extensions/GeForce.kext/Contents/MacOS/GeForce, should be -rw-r--r-- , they are -rwxr-xr-x

Owner and group corrected on ./System/Library/Extensions/GeForce.kext/Contents/MacOS/GeForce

Permissions corrected on ./System/Library/Extensions/GeForce.kext/Contents/MacOS/GeForce

Permissions differ on ./System/Library/Extensions/GeForce.kext/Contents/PkgInfo, should be -rw-r--r-- , they are -rwxr-xr-x

Owner and group corrected on ./System/Library/Extensions/GeForce.kext/Contents/PkgInfo

Permissions corrected on ./System/Library/Extensions/GeForce.kext/Contents/PkgInfo

Permissions differ on ./System/Library/Extensions/GeForce.kext/Contents/version.plist, should be -rw-r--r-- , they are -rwxr-xr-x

Owner and group corrected on ./System/Library/Extensions/GeForce.kext/Contents/version.plist

Permissions corrected on ./System/Library/Extensions/GeForce.kext/Contents/version.plist

Permissions differ on ./System/Library/Extensions/IONDRVSupport.kext/IONDRVSupport, should be -rw-r--r-- , they are -rwxr-xr-x

Owner and group corrected on ./System/Library/Extensions/IONDRVSupport.kext/IONDRVSupport

Permissions corrected on ./System/Library/Extensions/IONDRVSupport.kext/IONDRVSupport

Permissions differ on ./System/Library/Extensions/IONDRVSupport.kext/Info.plist, should be -rw-r--r-- , they are -rwxr-xr-x

Owner and group corrected on ./System/Library/Extensions/IONDRVSupport.kext/Info.plist

Permissions corrected on ./System/Library/Extensions/IONDRVSupport.kext/Info.plist

Permissions differ on ./System/Library/Extensions/IONDRVSupport.kext/version.plist, should be -rw-r--r-- , they are -rwxr-xr-x

Owner and group corrected on ./System/Library/Extensions/IONDRVSupport.kext/version.plist

Permissions corrected on ./System/Library/Extensions/IONDRVSupport.kext/version.plist

Permissions differ on ./System/Library/Extensions/NVDANV30Hal.kext/Contents/Info.plist, should be -rw-r--r-- , they are -rwxr-xr-x

Owner and group corrected on ./System/Library/Extensions/NVDANV30Hal.kext/Contents/Info.plist

Permissions corrected on ./System/Library/Extensions/NVDANV30Hal.kext/Contents/Info.plist

Permissions differ on ./System/Library/Extensions/NVDANV30Hal.kext/Contents/MacOS/NVDANV30Hal, should be -rw-r--r-- , they are -rwxr-xr-x

Owner and group corrected on ./System/Library/Extensions/NVDANV30Hal.kext/Contents/MacOS/NVDANV30Hal

Permissions corrected on ./System/Library/Extensions/NVDANV30Hal.kext/Contents/MacOS/NVDANV30Hal

Permissions differ on ./System/Library/Extensions/NVDANV30Hal.kext/Contents/PkgInfo, should be -rw-r--r-- , they are -rwxr-xr-x

Owner and group corrected on ./System/Library/Extensions/NVDANV30Hal.kext/Contents/PkgInfo

Permissions corrected on ./System/Library/Extensions/NVDANV30Hal.kext/Contents/PkgInfo

Permissions differ on ./System/Library/Extensions/NVDANV30Hal.kext/Contents/version.plist, should be -rw-r--r-- , they are -rwxr-xr-x

Owner and group corrected on ./System/Library/Extensions/NVDANV30Hal.kext/Contents/version.plist

Permissions corrected on ./System/Library/Extensions/NVDANV30Hal.kext/Contents/version.plist

Permissions differ on ./System/Library/Extensions/NVDAResman.kext/Contents/Info.plist, should be -rw-r--r-- , they are -rwxr-xr-x

Owner and group corrected on ./System/Library/Extensions/NVDAResman.kext/Contents/Info.plist

Permissions corrected on ./System/Library/Extensions/NVDAResman.kext/Contents/Info.plist

Permissions differ on ./System/Library/Extensions/NVDAResman.kext/Contents/MacOS/NVDAResman, should be -rw-r--r-- , they are -rwxr-xr-x

Owner and group corrected on ./System/Library/Extensions/NVDAResman.kext/Contents/MacOS/NVDAResman

Permissions corrected on ./System/Library/Extensions/NVDAResman.kext/Contents/MacOS/NVDAResman

Permissions differ on ./System/Library/Extensions/NVDAResman.kext/Contents/PkgInfo, should be -rw-r--r-- , they are -rwxr-xr-x

Owner and group corrected on ./System/Library/Extensions/NVDAResman.kext/Contents/PkgInfo

Permissions corrected on ./System/Library/Extensions/NVDAResman.kext/Contents/PkgInfo

Permissions differ on ./System/Library/Extensions/NVDAResman.kext/Contents/version.plist, should be -rw-r--r-- , they are -rwxr-xr-x

Owner and group corrected on ./System/Library/Extensions/NVDAResman.kext/Contents/version.plist

Permissions corrected on ./System/Library/Extensions/NVDAResman.kext/Contents/version.plist

The privileges have been verified or repaired on the selected volume

Verify/repair finished permissions on disk disk1s1 OSX

Now I am going to remove the kext cache

Now you have to reboot you computer...

First of all, thanks for all users that reported driver working. I was really getting sad because I thought that my driver wasn't working for anyone.. :P anyway, I really don't know what is happening to you. Probally when you cleaned the cache probally it deleted some other important .kext files. My pack just have the essential drivers to make it work, but probally other dependences are used and should be installed on system. It appears that this program deleted it all, because my install script didn't find the original drivers to backup and delete them. But after that it copied the drivers successfully, because the "repair permissions" repaired some permissions on the geforce drivers. Try reinstalling your osx from scratch....it should work and give your less headache then try fixing it.