NVidia fx5500 256MB FULLY WORKING!

Thico Alves

139 posts in this topic

Firstly - thanks Thico Alves for this great post. I'm a complete n00b and your instructions assume no knowledge on my part. I didn't know how to edit kexts and clear kext caches and the like, but your guide covered all this.

I now have CI/QE running. System details:

GA-K8NS-Ultra-939 nForce3

AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+

1Gb RAM

NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700LE

JaS 10.4.8 SSe2/SSe3 Semthex 8.8.1

My video card was detected and enabled upon first load of the OS, just no CI/QE. I followed all the instructions for Titan and Natit with no succes. So, I used your installer. Interestingly, I also got the permission denied error when trying to install, so I opened the install script and manually applied each line. Another issue - the command in your installer "repairdiskPermissions" should be "repairPermissions".

After I followed your installer there was originally no change - no CI/QE. However, upon reading other posts in here I removed AGPGart.kext AND removed Extensions.kextcache and Extensions.mkext. After a reboot I got CI/QE.

Resolution: 1280 x 1024 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Supported

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Interestingly, after this the Bus went from AGP to PCI.

Using Xbench I get the following video performance results:

Quartz Graphics Test 69.63

Line 64.72 4.31 Klines/sec [50% alpha]

Rectangle 59.33 17.71 Krects/sec [50% alpha]

Circle 55.71 4.54 Kcircles/sec [50% alpha]

Bezier 84.80 2.14 Kbeziers/sec [50% alpha]

Text 102.46 6.41 Kchars/sec

OpenGL Graphics Test 72.48

Spinning Squares 72.48 91.95 frames/sec

I'm now going to fool around with the CHUD tools and see if I can get AGP running - will let you know.

Oink

Hi Man.

I try to install MAC OSX /w JaS 10.4.8 AMD Intel SSE2/3 PPF1.

CPU is Intel Celeron 347 3.06G, RAM is 768MB.

VGA is GA-N55128D (nVidia FX5500 / 128MB).

Install Driver and reboot, No QE/CI support.

And to removed AGPGart.kext AND removed Extensions.kextcache and Extensions.kext,

Reboot again,QE /CI be support.

Now I to patch JaS 10.4.9 and other fix,

My test system is running in MAC OSx86 /w 10.4.9.

DVD Player can to play DVD movie.

I'm now going to fool around with the CHUD tools and see if I can get AGP running - will let you know.

Oink

how is the result, piggy68? can you use Reggie se to get AGP running? and How to use Reggie? I have it installed, but dono how to use.

My situation is the same as yours.

Hey, LPC.

No luck. I installed CHUD and it's a bit too techamalogical for me. I also tried to update to OS X 10.4.9 and killed my hackintosh and had to do a full re-install. So, I've got accelerated graphics, but no AGP, and I'm happy with that so I'm not fiddling anymore.

But, if I find anyone who has fixed this I'll let this post know.

Oink!

• 2 weeks later...

How do you change a devide id and all that? I have a FX 5700 128MB.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

EDIT:

I bought a FX 5200 256MB PCI ( dual vga out put ) Now I got the drivers loaded and works great. I need to find out how to get dual displays to work. I have 2 19" Dell monitors.

Thanks again.

Good show Thico!

Worked beautifully after I removed AGPGart.kext. System recognises FX 5500 128 mb AGP as PCI, but QE and CI work. Frankly I don't give two hoots about what the system profiler says as long as FCP 6 works

If you have any tips on how to boost performance on a 5500 even more it would be greatly appreciated.

Once again, Awesome job...

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, this is a nice installer, but I must report that I've run into some problems.

My computer is Dell Dimension 2400 (with 2.39Ghz Celeron, 768MB RAM, 80GB hd, and a nVidia Geforce FX 5500, the PCI version.)

I used JaS 10.4.8 DVD installer to put a basic osx86 install on my system, and noticed that when i ticked the Titan inclusion option, the computer never booted, and gave me a "You must restart your computer." message.

So, I used the DVD again without installing Titan, and got a basic graphics display with no QE or CI.

I used your installer, and now when i restart my computer, I get the same problem as before.

It tells me "You must restart your computer" in a few different languages with the off/on sign behind it.

However; it could be my Install DVD's fault. A few days ago, I managed to get an osx86 install with QE and CI using the JaS and with the Titan. The DVD looks scratchy..

Maybe I'll go to :( bay and get myself a new copy.... but in the meantime, has anyone got any ideas?

hey try to uninstall or disable the usb ports from your bios, if you had a usb pci card, unmount it from the board, i used to have problems with extras usb more ofter, seems macos did'nt like the usb cards, so try uninstalling booting up and later installing it again everything is fixed

Thanks for your tip, but I don't have any PCI USB cards.

I think I have found one problem; my PCI card was in a slot that reportedly is shared by the integrated graphics for some reason. Odd, huh. In Windows i was also experiencing some errors, but after moving the card, its all okay.

I'll try osx86 again, and see what I get. I don't know if this would apply to anyone else... But yeah! Any Dell Dimension 2400 owners, make sure your PCI graphics card is NOT in the first slot :D

• 3 months later...

ok I'm having a small problem with this, I installed this on 10.4.10 with a Geforce Fx5500 pci 128mb. it will load fine, I can change resolutions, but the screen is really buggy, the desktop will pop up but when I open a folder or anything it either (a) doesnt pop up or (:P it will show up but its black. like the drivers arent working properly, I uninstalled and everything is running fine using default.

• 2 months later...

Hi! I wrote you because the QE/CI doesen't works...

I have GeForce 5500 256MB Dual screen AGP

I've installed Jas 10.4.8 DVD, with NV (from JaS DVD), Natit, Titan and Natit Again.

With this process, i've dual monitor support, multi resolution and frequency both, but without QE/CI. My Device ID is the same as you.

After your installation, all works equal, without QE/CI... I must delete any old kext file, or make other thing?

Thank you and i'm sorry my ugly english...

Here is my System Profile Video/Screen:

NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500:

Modelo de chipset: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500

Tipo: Pantalla

Bus: AGP

VRAM (total): 256 MB

Fabricante: NVIDIA (0x10de)

ID del dispositivo: 0x0326

ID de la revisión: 0x00a1

Pantallas:

HU196D:

Resolución: 1280 x 1024 @ 60 Hz

Profundidad: Color de 32 bits

Core Image: Incompatible

Pantalla principal: Sí

Duplicado: Desactivado

En línea: Sí

Quartz Extreme: Incompatible

DELL E770p:

Resolución: 800 x 600 @ 75 Hz

Profundidad: Color de 32 bits

Core Image: Incompatible

Duplicado: Desactivado

En línea: Sí

Quartz Extreme: Incompatible

• 1 month later...

Hi

First of all thanks for your efforts

I run the ./install.sh and when i rebooted CI/QE=not supported. So i was looking for other hacks. Then i run ./uninstall.sh -> reboot and CI/QE=SUPPORTED!.

AGP FX5500 256MB, Vendor 0x10de, Device ID 0x0326.

Thx

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hi iam a new here.... i got Nvidia Geforce fx - 5500 agp..

and you say PUT THEM ALL IN THE ROOT..

nah... i dont know the mac root..

can you post the image about that ROOT

i just know winblows root... exam : C:/........

thanks so much...

well I got it to change resolutions, but no qe/ci :rolleyes:

its an agp fx5500 card

vendor: 0x10de

device: 0x0326

revision: 0x00a1

of course it only gives me resolutions up to 1280x1024 but that may just be because of the montior that I have hooked up to it. It loads in post (-v) but then says failed. I have tried removing the AGPart.kext and nothing changes. HELP?!?

It's a old dell with sse2. anyone?

• 1 month later...

Hi and thanks for the installer and everything...

I did see this post last night (1,5 years late or something hehe....) and wonder if you still gott the fx5500 to work in dual monitor mode??

I have the fx5500 card working for the moment with drivers not exactly written for the fx5500, so the resolution on the DVI-port is max 1280 x 1024, the analog ports resulotion is 1200 x 1600...

Offcours i´d like to have the same resolution on booth dispalys.... is it possible to

to tell the system to use 1200 x 1600 on booth DVI + AVI ports??

Btw, I can not make the dual display thing with your drivers, maby i just missed the latest drivers.... do you know a place to finde them?

Thaks in advance!!

• 2 months later...

hey, just found a working GeForce driveri just tried it on my machine with GeForce FX 5500but, just like they said, do it on your own riskjust incase your machine messed up,logged with a single user mode (Press F8 on Darwin Boot Loader& type -s)type/sbin/mount -uw /rm -rf Ge* NV*then rebootthese is the file.. sorry i forgot to upload it earlier... hehehehethis is not a zip file.. just rename it to NVinject.pkg (i mean remonve the .zip extension)enjoy

NVinject.pkg.zip

• 6 months later...