NVidia fx5500 256MB FULLY WORKING!

Thico Alves

139 posts in this topic

My buddy is building his osx86 box, running JaS 10.5.4.. (9.4.0 kernel)

We have everything working except the FX 5500. I loaded up your package, the installer worked great, and the system sees the correct chipset, AGP, ram, etcetc, but we are getting no CI/QE.

Any clues?

Included his system profile, just delete the .zip off the end.

super_doods_mac_pro.spx.zip

• 1 month later...

hello friends......

i'm on Kalyway 10.5.2 and in past on my fx5200 everything was working fine but yesterday i got fx5500 and the desktop wont coming up.........i only stuck on a blue screen............

is there any solution for this...........i used nvinject 256 as video driver.......and on Kernel_9.2.sleep...........

thanx in advance friends...........

i already tried nvinjecter 256.......so can u suggest now what i have to try............and tried NATIT_gfnvidia also..........please friends help me torun it on my machine........if its not possible than please suggest me any version of OS X which was compatible with my config.......

thanx..........

^^^

hey i fixed the blue screen problem by this method....

in the darwin load screen

type -s

than type mount -uw/

than type /movevideodrivers

it fixed the blue screen.......but now i can use only 1024*768 resolution........but i love to work on 1680*1050..........and the graphics are also not that good.........

one more thing can u please give me the link of nvkush kext and the process to install it.............

thanx........

hi everybody!

I followed all steps and now I´m not able to boot :( systems freeze with the white screen, with a gray square on top... I don´t know what to do.

I have iDeneb 1.3

nvidia Quadro fx1700

After install drivers I was working with NVinject 0.2.1 with dual monitor but no EQ

¿how can I uninstall the drivers and revert to previous state? I´m trying:

booting with "-s"

/sbin/fsck -fy

/sbin/mount -uw /

./uninstall

but I get: no such file or directory...

I was confused and I also made:

/sbin/fsck -fy

/sbin/mount -uw /

(if you putted AGPGart on the root, then)

cp -R /AGPGart.kext /System/Library/Extensions/

chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/AGPGart.kext

chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/AGPGart.kext

diskutil repairPermissions /

but I got an error during repairPermissions... something about single user...

now I am absolutely lost... thank you for your help!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SOLVED:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok, it was ./uninstall.sh

now I´m able to boot but still QE "incompatible", any help with nvidia quadro fx1700??

thanks!

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone ! i managed to make it work with nvinject, so it looks like this ?

NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500

Type: Display

Bus: PCI

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0326

Revision ID: 0x00a1

ROM Revision: NVinject 0.2.1

Displays:

Display Connector:

SyncMaster:

Resolution: 1024 x 768 @ 75 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Steps to do, download the latest nvinject.kext + the nvinject easy install

Edit the info.plist of nvinject.kext, and add the string that matches your video card, mine looked like this :

<key>IOPCIMatch</key>

<string>0x032610de&0x0000ffff</string>

Well, after the file is edited, install the pack that Thico made.

Restart after it is meant to be, and when you get back to the OS, install the nvinject.kext with that easy installer (just to make sure, i did it with that easy installer thing, but i dont think it is really necessary, but that are my steps)

after you installed the kext with that command thing, go to the extension folder, delete the agpgart.kext, and remove those extension cache files from library folder.

Restart, and QE/CI should be running and fully working

if anyone needs anything else just pm me.

thanks

please dude ! test and tell me if it works so ill script it !

sorry mate it wont worked......:hysterical:

here are the steps which i used......

1. installed xXx 10.5.6 v.2 from scratch without any video driver.....

2. than installed the Thick Alves pack from this Thread's 6th post

but after restart i cant reached the desktop........:hysterical:.......so wont got time to install the Latest_NVinject.0.2.1 with edited info.plist.........

try this dude, after you install the thicos pack (i tought it was supposed to be 10.4 only !, but you may try that), repair permissions, restart again. if you get to the desktop, try my other steps, if not , try the steps on security mode (start with -s from the loader)

it means i need to restart the OS again :hysterical: ..........and BTW thicos pack repair the permissions itself so there is no need to repair them.........BTW thico said copy his pack to root.....and i copied the pack to desktop and dragged the install.sh file to terminal after sudo -s and it started..........is this method fine...???

and how to install the nvinject from single user mode(-s mode).........can i install the nvinject from windows........???

to install it from windows, maybe you will need to copy the kext for the folder, and repair permissions without restarting from the os again ! ill send you later the kext that i used to make my videocard work, and you use it without the thico pack, just use my kext, repair permissions and try it !

im sending it on your email

to install it from windows, maybe you will need to copy the kext for the folder, and repair permissions without restarting from the os again ! ill send you later the kext that i used to make my videocard work, and you use it without the thico pack, just use my kext, repair permissions and try it !

im sending it on your email

o thanx man....than i'll install that kext with kexthelper..........

i'm waiting for your mail........:)

• 3 weeks later...