• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

clyde08

clyde08

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
hello guys... can someone help me make my ps2 keyboard and mouse work? i know it has something to do with kexts.. but i really dont know.. thanks in advanced guys..

gerbenvandijk

gerbenvandijk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
hi there, in leo my internal laptop keyboard doesnt work.. external works fine (mouse also)

grtz,

g

sonknuck

sonknuck

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm using the Zephyroth Leopard 10.5.2 install and I have followed the steps here for using a ps/2 keyboard with a usb mouse, but I still need to have a ps/2 mouse plugged in for me to be able to use my ps/2 keyboard.

Is there anything else I can do in order to get my ps/2 keyboard working without needing a ps/2 mouse plugged in?

mus

mus

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

I'm using the Zephyroth Leopard 10.5.2 install and I have followed the steps here for using a ps/2 keyboard with a usb mouse, but I still need to have a ps/2 mouse plugged in for me to be able to use my ps/2 keyboard.

Is there anything else I can do in order to get my ps/2 keyboard working without needing a ps/2 mouse plugged in?

same problem for me, tried 3 different ApplePS2Controller.kext and about a 100 different methods, the PS2 Keyboard just doesn't work. ;)

macgirl

macgirl

Stargate's Pharaoh

• Retired
  • 7,615 posts
  • Interests:Techie gadgets
Maybe is not the ApplePS2 kext but the AppleACPIPlatform.kext you are using.

A4d669

A4d669

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
I used the PS/2 Keyboard, USB mouse method and it worked perfectly. But for some reason when I restarted and tried to use my keyboard I got the grey screen again after pressing a key. Any advice?

oviradoi

oviradoi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
I have tried 3 methods:
1)disable the trackpad and ps2mouse
2) the Enhanced Apple PS/2 driver
3) the Hacked Apple PS/2 driver

None of them work

The weird thing is that when I used the Enhanced Apple PS/2 driver, the system booted, the GUI loaded, and I got a messagebox saying that the kext was not installed correctly and it can't be used. This is how I copied it: booted in "-s" mode, copied it to "/system/library/extensions", chown-ed and chmod-ed it, and deleted the extensions.mkext file. If this is not the correct method, what is the correct method to install it?

thequietus

thequietus

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
"Heres one for your guide.I installed with case sensitive journaled option. My keyboard and trackpad would not work. Plugins is mispelled in ApplePS2Controler.kext. It should be PlugIns with a capital I

Don"

THIS is a lifesaver for all with the Mac OS X 10.4.8 JaS AMD-Intel-SSE2-SSE3 with PPF1 & PPF2.iso release!
TRY THIS FIRST if your PS/2 keyboard doesnt work!

phoneboi

phoneboi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I had trouble getting the mouse and trackpad on my Thinkpad T60 working after updating from 10.5.1 to 10.5.1.

After trying several things, a combination of the Fixed PS2 driver and replacing AppleACPIPlatform.kext with the 10.5.1 version seemed to do the trick.

mr-renat

mr-renat

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Please help me.I have such a problem.I inatalled macOs 10.5.1.But after rebooting I see massage "Before you start", where I choose my type of keyboard-it`s Ok. But when it suggest me to transfer data from image or another Mac, I select "don`t transfer", and all begins again-it suggest me choose type of keyboard.How can I fix it?

hippihair98

hippihair98

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Please help me.I have such a problem.I inatalled macOs 10.5.1.But after rebooting I see massage "Before you start", where I choose my type of keyboard-it`s Ok. But when it suggest me to transfer data from image or another Mac, I select "don`t transfer", and all begins again-it suggest me choose type of keyboard.How can I fix it?

I'm having the same problem. if anyone has help, e-mail me at discobandit98@aim.com. Thanks

Biga42

Biga42

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi, I`m using Mac for the first time, and it`s quite diferent from WXP. I recentely bought an iMac and wondering if there is a Brazilian keyboard layout, instead of using a combinations of keys, like alt +e, to get the typing properly in portuguese.

Thanks,

Biga42

macgirl

macgirl

Stargate's Pharaoh

• Retired
  • 7,615 posts
If you are using Mac OS 10.4.x (a.k.a Tiger) you can set your own layout with Ukelele: http://scripts.sil.o...item_id=ukelele

If you are runnign Mac OS 10.5.x (a.k.a Leopard) there are less solution, but check this: http://forum.insanel...showtopic=52654 It is in spanish but it has several LatinAmerican layouts.

Biga42

Biga42

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks!

biga

mr-renat

mr-renat

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks it all Ok now!

hippihair98

hippihair98

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Thanks it all Ok now!

What? HOW DID YOU FIGURE IT OUT! This is so confusing. I still have that stuff where it won't recognize my keyboard. Dude, If you figured it out, either respond or send me an e-mail. Discobandit98@aim.com. Thanks

DJ Loe Kee

DJ Loe Kee

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Interests:music production, djing, imports, sports
i had a logitech mx 700 keyboard/mouse combo that was compatible with a pc and a mac but i recently spilled dr. pepper on my keyboard and had to buy a cheap logitech keyboard replacement...

oviradoi

oviradoi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
I have a PS2 keyboard and an USB mouse, and I have tried the method presented "PS/2 Keyboard and USB Mouse", but it STILL doesn't work... Any suggestions?

macgirl

macgirl

Stargate's Pharaoh

• Retired
  • 7,615 posts
you can attach a PS2 mouse, not to use it but populate the PS2 ports in order to make them work.

you can use a USB to PS2 adapter for the keyboard.

you can try other "hacked" PS2 kexts.

oviradoi

oviradoi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Could you please give me some links to other "hacked" PS2 kexts? On PM\mail or here in the thread?
PS: if i add a PS2 mouse, it still doesn't work. Only my USB mouse works. I have tried that ;)

Could it be that my motherboard just doesn't support PS2 keyboards & mice in Leopard? Do some motherboards do that?
Or have all motherboards eventually worked with some hacked PS2 drivers?
Is there noone who had this problem? And preferably fixed it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy