DO you belive in Jesus  

178 members have voted

1. 1. so?

• Yes
    • No

197 posts in this topic

Why Should I Belive In Him?

Or maybe the better question is "Why should you NOT believe in him?"

Where ppl see paying for gas cheaper with swipe cards. I see a way for you to be tracked, and tagged like cattle.

Where ppl see terrorism, I see propaganda, and fear into their own populous which is %80 of war. I see inside job.

Where people see discounts, I see a way for a company to plague them with offers.

Where people see computers, and windows, I see a way to take over %95 of the populous PCs since they are all the same, they all have the same vulnerabilities. I see stupid people!

Where people see evolution, I ask the question who came up with the idea? And why is man so anxious to try to 'disprove' God, and why mankind would so willingly follow the theories of his failed brother. Man has failed, there is no question about that. MAN HAS FAILED, and his failure projects the darkness of his shadow upon the world so that others may follow in his hopeless death of weeping, and nashing of teeth, while he wishes to lead the rest of mankind into a shallow grave of death with no afterlife, with no spirit, no hope, and it is all a lie to which himself, is to ignorant to fathom, while he wallows in his own depressive nature, and wants others to suffer his fate.

Does that answer your question?

Ok, i'll ask you this question... Who created God? And don't say "He has always existed.". I want a logical answer. Until humans can come up with a logical explanation better than us being created by a "super being which has always existed" I will continue to worship the giant spaghetti monster.

Ok, i'll ask you this question... Who created God? And don't say "He has always existed.". I want a logical answer. Until humans can come up with a logical explanation better than us being created by a "super being which has always existed" I will continue to worship the giant spaghetti monster.

God is not bound by your limited ability of understanding.

If god is beyond understanding... how can you understand him?

I never said I did, or could. RTFA.

Yes, you did. If god defies understanding, then no one can know any of god's properties. And one of God's properties is that he defies understanding. Thus, it is impossible to both understand and not understand god.

God is either comprehensible or not.

If god is comprehensible, then anyone can comprehend him.

If god is not comprehensible, then no one can comprehend him.

God's incomprehensibility is what faith in God is all about. Without having any capability of knowing what God wants or thinks, people trust that they are doing what he wants.

The obvious response is that the bible says what God wants. Yet, an equally likely explanation, given that God's motives are inscrutable, is that the bible exists to lead people to a bad place, and the only way to avoid the bad things is to disbelieve.

God may or may not want anything specific at any given moment. A sin this instant might be good, and a good deed evil in God's eyes. Since he cannot be comprehended, there is no reason to believe that he is internally consistent in any way. In fact, God, who defies understanding, and by implication, impossibility, could both want and not want, bless and scorn, or raise up and damn at the same time.

Some people trust in a completely untrustworthy, inscrutable and undetectable concept/being. Others (like me) dont.

To directly address your statement: If god is incomprehensible, then you cannot possibly know what he is bound by or not.

The obvious response is that the bible says what God wants. Yet, an equally likely explanation, given that God's motives are inscrutable, is that the bible exists to lead people to a bad place, and the only way to avoid the bad things is to disbelieve.

God may or may not want anything specific at any given moment. A sin this instant might be good, and a good deed evil in God's eyes.

Honestly, how difficult is to realize that the bible was written by humans and that sins are also a human invention?

A God which makes sense must be beyond good and evil.

The Eastern Philosophies don't try to describe God. "That". or the Nirguna Brahman is beyond human comprehension.

From http://www.hindunet.org/god/nirguna_brahman/index.htm

The impersonal aspect of the Ultimate Reality is called Nirguna Brahman in Hindu scriptures. Nirguna Brahman has no attributes and, as such, is not an object of prayer, but of meditation and knowledge. This aspect of the Ultimate Reality is beyond conception, beyond reasoning and beyond thought.

So are the Tao or the AdiBuddha.

WTF, why is this Fu*king topic still going. I don't think Jesus owned a Hackintosh!

Which part of:

"Real Life™

The place for politics, sports, philosophy, religion, and all the things that probably matter most."

You don't understand?

This isn't about arguing, it's about communicating/learning by hearing what others have to say.

Besides that, I agree with gwprod12 completely. If God was easy enough to comprehend, everyone would be able to understand and the *meaning of life* would be solved. But God, if such a thing exists, is NOT easy to comprehend and does not give us a clear way of understanding what we are made for. There is obviously more to everything than this universe and when we die, we may get the chance to understand.

This isn't about arguing, it's about communicating/learning by hearing what others have to say.

Besides that, I agree with gwprod12 completely. If God was easy enough to comprehend, everyone would be able to understand and the *meaning of life* would be solved. But God, if such a thing exists, is NOT easy to comprehend and does not give us a clear way of understanding what we are made for. There is obviously more to everything than this universe and when we die, we may get the chance to understand.

According to the Eastern Philosophies, there is no particular reason why we should understand more when we die.

They believe that we should get Enlightenment in this physical body.

I said we may understand, depending on the circumstances when we die. But IMO, I don't think we really need to know. After we die what purpose is served in knowing why we existed? Knowledge is only a factor in this life. People are only concerned about the afterlife in their current consciousness. It would mean nothing if they were dead.

What if it means nothing while you're alive?

honestly, I don't really care if there is an afterlife or not, it is irrelevant to talk about seeing as none of us know the answer anyway. I instead try to focus on this life while I am here, because...this is the only life I have FOR SURE.

Surprisingly enough, there are many people who find comfort in atheism. Specifically that when they're dead they will disappear from existence instead of having to somehow account for their lives.

Surprisingly enough, there are many people who find comfort in atheism. Specifically that when they're dead they will disappear from existence instead of having to somehow account for their lives.

That is exactly what I expected. People have been brainwashed by monotheistic religions into believing that God will punish them for their sins. If you read the Old Testament what comes across is a sort of terrifying God.

No wonder that they prefer to be atheists.

However such a God doesn't exist, it is against basic common sense.

It has been suggested that Karma is an inner law. If you "do wrong" (basically that means acting against the law of love), you bring a bad future upon yourself. And the other way around.

So called "sins" (like having sex outside marriage or {censored} sex) are only a human invention.

The Christ said exactly the same thing: the only law which matters is that you love each other.