[How To] Solutions for Wireless Problems

Rammjet

173 posts in this topic

http://accessories.us.dell.com:80/sna/prod...mp;sku=430-3076

http://accessories.us.dell.com:80/sna/prod...mp;sku=430-2398

I have a 1505 and a 4965 card, btw, when my eyes see BCM4328 in a small black square they believe is a Broadcom chipset, and they see a Intel logo in the other card.

And yes there is also a Dell 1500 trumobile wireless card.

sorry macgirl my mistake, i bought a dell 1505 of ebay but it was an intel 4965 when i installed it, someone must have switched labels on it, anyway sorry for the mistake and thanks for the help reposting the info for me.

sorry macgirl my mistake, i bought a dell 1505 of ebay but it was an intel 4965 when i installed it, someone must have switched labels on it, anyway sorry for the mistake and thanks for the help reposting the info for me.

I also bought my 1505 on ebay, claim yours with the seller.

Would anyone happen to know if there are any solutions for my 3Com 3CRWE62092B card..I know it's extremely outdated, but any help would be appreciated

Hi all unfortuantely I am having problems with a new Dell TrueMobile 1400 (Broadcom BCM4309MP) on a Dell D600. I've added the <string>pci14e4,4309</string> to the IO80211Family.kext in the appropriate spot, and also tried modifying the NetworkInterfaces.plist with en0, en1, & en2 each time with no luck. Repaired permissions, multiple reboots. Not detecting wireless card. It works in Windows XP and I've made sure it's enabled in BIOS, but still no luck. Been spending hours reading through forums on this, does anyone have any ideas/steps to share they did with this exact card (or similar) to get it to work? Would be highly grateful. This is on a Kalyway 10.5.2 install. I'm wondering if there is maybe a different method that needs to be followed in Leopard vs. Tiger?

• 3 weeks later...

OK, I managed to pull the ZyDAS 1211 for the USB dongle (unsure of make) I have. It has worked pretty well for the last week or so, and all of a sudden this morning, I cannot stay connected for more than 10 minutes at a crack. No pages load, Opera 9.5 freezes out (not even Activity Monitor or kill -9 as root will put it to rest), and half the time, it takes the Finder with it. 

As a result, I've had to restart my computer about 70 times today. I've tried to verify what it could/couldn't be--I've determined it's not the USB ports (iPod charges, 60GB disk is picked up by OS X, it's not Parallels (this happens regardless of whether I shut down its virtual NATs), and it's not Opera (Safari and Camino 1.6 crash as well). Reinstalling the driver (4.5.9.0) does not do anything to rectify the situation. Moreover, it has to be on my end, as I can seem to connect in via my iPod Touch.

I seem to suspect it's something with the dongle itself (although it seems to work OK on Windows XP), or something in OS X between the dongle and the network interfaces.   

What happens is that the ZD WLan app shows a cut in signal (75-84% vs. 88-95%), no transmission or reception of packets. Pings back to the gateway (set up as 192.168.0.1) show 100% packet loss. Moreover, the dongle's light stops blinking and does not return. I am at a loss as I had interviews today and I had to struggle to get the basic stuff I needed. 

The USB ethernet is set up as en3--en2 would be the ethernet if I had it working, and en0 and en1 were installed with iATKOS and have never worked. 

I have no idea what the heck is going on, or how to rectify it. Right now, the wireless is my only way online--and any help in the right direction will be greatly appreciated

Running iATKOS 2.0i (10.5.2/build 9C7010) on a stock Compaq SR2180NX--if anyone needs more specifics, please PM me.  

Thanks in Advance!

Update (20:54 CDT): The problem continues, having required 26 hard restarts (flip the power switch off) in the past 90 minutes. I cannot get more than 20 minutes of online access without OS X freezing and throwing a fit. This is really starting to get annoying, and I'm mulling just starting over (despite nearly 100GB of stuff to move)...

nice to meet all the friends here,and i am an newly registered user from China.here i'd like to post my problems about my usb wireless card in macosx 10.4.8,3ks a lot.if it is not good for posting questions here,pls tell me and i will change my way to get help.

1.my system is pc with intel 2.4ghz cpu and 845 chipset,macosx 10.4.8 installed and running properly,such as ac97 audio,845 video card and intel pro100v nic.

2.i bought a usb wireless card type:tp-link tl-wn322g+,and i downloaded the "ZDA211MacUSB_install_4_5_7_0.dmg" and installed on the system.

----in the system info,i can find the "usb 2.0 lan" display;

----the red-led of the usb wireless card stops flashing after the system restarting or manually plug-in into the usb socket;

----in system-preference-network,i can find the usb wireless card which is recognized as en1 by the os(build-in intel pro100v nic as en0,which can dail adsl modem by pppoe).and i can make the network set such as ip-add,mask,router etc here.

----in zydas lan utility,i can set the wep password,but can not find any wlan signal(in the same condition,this device worked properly in winxp system).

if someone could give me some useful advices here?thanks a lot!

Hey I have the same problem as betelnuts, I bought a usb wireless card, with zydas chipset, it even came with the mac drivers but Im unable to get it to work. The wlan shows no networks, it works perfectly in xp. It is recognized as en3 an it loads the zydas1215 kext, but the light never turns on, any ideaS? thanks

hi,sebtor,i have tried many methods found through the google,but the usb tongle is still not working yet,while it works very well in the xp system.i almost lose my patience to study that anymore,and if u find some method to fix that,pls let me know,3ks a lot!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm trying to use a 3com 3CRUSB10075 usb wifi on Jas 10.5.4 with Zydas USB Driver. The device is already recognized in System Profiler, but do not appear in Network configuration in System Preferences. I already looked and installed other Zydas drivers, but to no success. Any hints, suggestions? Thanks.

@relikwie Hi. Thanks for the link. I also tried this but can't get it to work. Looking at the log files, I found this error whenever I insert the USB Wifi:

The IOUSBFamily was not able to enumerate a device

weird because I can see the device in the System Profiler. Any thoughts? THanks

I have a D-LInk Wireless USB adapter WUA-1340. Using sleep kernel the device simply does not even recognized:(,

Using Kalyways Vanilla works but have to re-plug every time I restart. + Laopard doesn not restarts and shuts down.

I need a driver any that can make this damn piece of hardware work. Really desperate.

• 1 month later...

Hello. I am running iDeneb 10.5.5 on my toshiba satellite. I'm having issues with my wireless getting it to work. I've tried everything from replacing the IO80211family kext and changing the en1 to en2 and whatever else their is. I'm running on an Atheros A5007EG built in wireless that windows tells me connects via ethernet. does someone have any way to make this card work in mac os x? anyone? please help! without this the mac os x is kinda pointless....

• 3 weeks later...

hi

I've installed on my pc ideneb v 1.1 now I've a problem with my wireless pci adapter

the wireless pci adapter is a Zyxel 802.11g Wireless PCI Adapter G-302 v3

Chipset Wireless PCI Adapter: RTL 8185

where can I find the driver for this?

Marca: HP

EAN: 0882780346178

Bluetooth: No

Capacità hard disk (Gb): 250 GB + UN ALTRO SEPARATO DA 250(DOVE VORREI ISSTALLARE MAC OS)

DVD riscrivibile: Masterizzatore DVD

Hyper Threading: Sì

Lettore impronte digitali: No

Marca Chipset: Intel

Marca del processore: Intel

Marche di GPU: nVidia

Media center edition: No

Modello GPU: GeForce8600 GTS

Numero di processori: 1

Processore: Pentium 4

RAM (Mb): 2048(2 DA 1 GIGA KINGSTON)

Scheda grafica integrata: No

Sigla processore: 630

Sistema Operativo: Windows XP Home

Tipo di Chipset: 945P

Tipologia: Tower

Velocità della clock (MHz): 3000 MHz

Wireless LAN: Zyxel 802.11g Wireless PCI Adapter G-302 v3

Chipset Wireless PCI Adapter: RTL 8185

• 3 weeks later...

Oh my. I dont get it.

I have installed Kalyway 10.5.2 and it works perfectly now! Dual boots with Vista which I am currently on.

I am running a HP dv2699 .. But neither sound or the wireless works!

First - the only things that showed up in Networks were Firewire and Bluetooth.. And after installing the PROSet/Wireless 3945a/b/g OS X 10.5 from the site, the Ethernet-tab shows up!! But not any wireless! How to make it work?? Or.. has anybody got Intel 3945 Pro wireless working...? Damn :) thanks.....

looks like i just have to wait for the driver to be complete?? ._.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys i just got a new laptop and managed to make almost everything work, but i still got a problem.

im on a hp laptop and my wireless is working good but the wireless light dont stop binking, it keeps blinking between blue and red. Does anyone knows the solution for that? i look everywhere and couldnt find it.

thanks in advance!

oh i forgot the laptop is a dv4 model wireless bcm4322ag

My thanks to those that took the time to post links to various kext. I had been running, without network problems, on the IBM ThinkCentre described in my Sig. Then, for some unexplained reason, I decided to install OS X on an extra partition in my WinXP system. It has an integrated Intel Pro 1000 gigabit NIC.

I got the system installed OK. But, when I started to use the net, either the link was down or it caused a kernel panic within a few seconds of starting network traffic. Through the links found in this thread I located an older copy of IONetworkingFamilly.kext. I installed it in my Cameleon /Extra/Extensions folder with adjustments to the bundle version numbers and now the networking is working just fine with 10.5.5.

Many thanks for the help.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...