AppleHDA Solution - Work in progress

Taruga

4,108 posts in this topic

Tried on ASUS p5w dh deluxe.

LineOut works great as well as microphone (seen as internal mic).

Keyboard volume control is not working, though. I have an Apple pro keyboard. When I press the volume buttons I get the visual feedback correctly, but the volume does not change... the system preferences volume signals a different level than that controlled by the keyboard.

Anyway, this is really great!!!

Thanks Taruga!!!!!

Keyboard volume control is not working, though. I have an Apple pro keyboard. When I press the volume buttons I get the visual feedback correctly, but the volume does not change... the system preferences volume signals a different level than that controlled by the keyboard.

Thanks Taruga!!!!!

are you sure micrphone is actually picking up audio? if so what port are you connecting it to.

Can I ask what files this overwrites? I installed it and everything was fine but I seem to be having a few issues with logic now that I never had before

There´s no 'logic' with that :D I use logic too, and got no problems. This installs two kexts, ALCinject.kext and AppleHDA.ext, nothing else.

Thanks Taruga!!!!!

Are you using 0.2b ? or the first one ? Keyboard volume works fine with me with 0.2b

Are you using 0.2b ? or the first one ? Keyboard volume works fine with me with 0.2b

As in my second message up here, I am using the 0.2b (312.9k)... I did not even try the first one.

Is there any kernel dependence or mainboard, or anything that may explain it??

Perhaps there is... As I wrote at the first post, this was tested with an Asus P5LD2-VM ALC882, and may not work the same way with other mobos as with mine. Problems are being reported, and I´ll try to fix them, that´s why I wrote for you guys to report success or problems with this solution to be able to see how things are going with diferent hardware. At the moment, notebooks seem to not work at all. I´ve started gathering info on diferent hardware to be able to support things even better.

Hi,

want to give my feedback too...

after install the 0.2b, i had to reboot twice times to get my system connecting to network and

start all apps properly.

had to repair permissions and prebindings too..

in systemprofiler / extensions, i have seen, that the ALCinject.kext not loaded.

But i have still Sound Out, Mic In, but no Headphone here.

have tried two Times with Reboot... ALCinject.kext did not load again.

everything is working like the 0.1b, but no more.

Same Error that is the "Output (gemeral) shown as Port(Line In) and is not working.

Line Out and Spdif out is working, same as Mic (internal mic).

Hope that Helps..

Rene

in systemprofiler / extensions, i have seen, that the ALCinject.kext not loaded.

But i have still Sound Out, Mic In, but no Headphone here.

I loaded manually ALCinject... now I see that the keyboard controls the volume for the Headphones, but still it is not controlling the volume when Line out is selected...

I hope this helps

Edit: After rebooting both the Headphones and the Line out are controlled from the keyboard.... I guess there were still some caches somewhere (I hade deleted Extensions.mkext and kextcache, but maybe it was not enough) Now everything works! Thanks once more Taruga!!

Taruga: I can't use IRC currently but I'm dying .. well.. ok I can't wait.. ehh am anqu.. naah can't spell that.. gonna stick to dying :) ... to try this out. I'm on an Abit AB9 Pro which uses an ALC882D so I'm thinking I might have to do such a dump as asapreta (and some other guy/girl) did. How do I do that?

Cheers!

Linux codec dumps helps me a lot to understand why things don´t work on some cases.

You can use a live cd distro like Knoppix and then look inside /proc/asound

Somewhere there, will be a file named codec#0, do: cat codec#0 > /tmp/alc882d.txt

This will create a txt file with what I need in /tmp directory, then send it to me.

I loaded manually ALCinject... now I see that the keyboard controls the volume for the Headphones, but still it is not controlling the volume when Line out is selected...

I hope this helps

Edit: After rebooting both the Headphones and the Line out are controlled from the keyboard.... I guess there were still some caches somewhere (I hade deleted Extensions.mkext and kextcache, but maybe it was not enough) Now everything works! Thanks once more Taruga!!

I´m glad to hear that ;) Please note that I´m posting this as beta, and with your help maybe we can make this a complete sound working driver... And not only for ALC882. I started this because of my friends need of Line In and that´s funny because it´s seems it will be the last thing I´ll do to complete this :)

Step by step things are moving, we should be all happy. I´m working now on ALC880... so just keep coming here for news ALC880 users.

the new version is better , but still needs some amplification on the mic port

For people with the same problem as ldti, edit AppleHDA.kext Info.plist

<key>PathMapID</key>

<integer>8</integer>

</dict>

<dict>

<key>PathMap</key>

<array>

<array>

<array>

<array>

<dict>

<key>Amp</key>

<dict>

<key>Channels</key>

<array>

<dict>

<key>Bind</key>

<integer>1</integer>

<key>Channel</key>

<integer>1</integer>

</dict>

<dict>

<key>Bind</key>

<integer>2</integer>

<key>Channel</key>

<integer>2</integer>

</dict>

</array>

<key>MuteInputAmp</key>

<true/>

<key>PublishMute</key>

<true/>

<key>PublishVolume</key>

<true/>

<key>VolumeInputAmp</key>

<true/>

</dict>

<key>NodeID</key>

<integer>7</integer>

</dict>

<dict>

<key>NodeID</key>

<integer>36</integer>

</dict>

<dict>

<key>Boost</key>

<integer>3</integer>

<key>NodeID</key>

<integer>24</integer>

</dict>

</array>

</array>

</array>

And insert what´s in bold.

Thanx for reporting that ldti

ALC882 Sound Fix v0.2b

Was tested with an Asus P5LD2-VM

What´s working ...

No luck for me =(

0.2b couse kernel panic :poster_oops:

intel 630

p5wd2prem

10.4.7 (Jas)

Realtek alc882 (Azalia was been removed for it)

Asus eax800xt (Callisto 008)

(azalia works pretty well (but only analog 0ut)) :pirate2: post-15008-1164207990_thumb.jpg

Tanks inm advance Taruga for starting working on sigmatel too, it will be a dream come true - I use sigmatel 9220, the sound it is working at this point, but coming from the wrong jack , and as 5.1 ... it is a dream that I hope will become true with your help !