• This topic is locked This topic is locked
382 replies to this topic

xerid

xerid

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:If you want to IM me, PM me first. I only allow those on my list to contact me....

I take it that means there is no new version...
i thought that one was "old" and already tested...but ok if it's not i'll do that now!

EDIT:

Wo ya right...
thats just a bit complicated...
could someone upload the already-compiled driver?

THANX!!!

I'm just starting to work on this now. Most of this weekend will be getting everything framed in my head, but hopefully I will have something more. I'm on the post irq channel if any other developers want to chat.

Urbz

Urbz

La cr�me de la cr�me...(?)

• Retired Developers
  • 837 posts
alright cool

tuxx

tuxx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

I'm just starting to work on this now. Most of this weekend will be getting everything framed in my head, but hopefully I will have something more. I'm on the post irq channel if any other developers want to chat.

which channel / server are you on? i cant seem to find you on #osx86.wireless on irc.osx86project.org

tuxx

hack4good

hack4good

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I don't know how much help I'd be in coding the driver, but I certainly wouldn't mind helping out with testing, or anything else.

I have OSx & XP dualbooting on my laptop, which has an Intel 2915 wireless card in it.

Let me know...

mortis

mortis

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
I notice that SVn is up to rev 43.....

Any updates on progress?
Anything a layman can help?

vanja

vanja

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
Yes, are there any news?
I would really love to use integrated wireless which means I can switch to osx86 completely!

mortis

mortis

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
any hopes?

f1r3f1ght3r

f1r3f1ght3r

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

any hopes?

there is always hope....

from the looks of it... there were quite a few things that they had to get their hands around... I am sure that time is the hold up here.

I have been using a Dlink usb adapter while I wait.

http://forum.osx86pr...&hl=dlink&st=20

m4ff3w

m4ff3w

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
If you need a tester for the Pro/Wireless 2915, I have on in a machine at work I can swap my Atheros AR5212 for.

vanja

vanja

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
Here Pro/Wireless 2200BG, willing to test.
But it seems this project is dead :blink:

hack4good

hack4good

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I don't think it's necessarily dead. It's been less than a week since any project updates...

TonyDennis

TonyDennis

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Is there really a need to update this thread with no development information? We all know everyone is interested, as most Intel laptops have this wireless chipset. It makes it very irritating to track this thread when everyone is just saying how much they want it. We all get it. The driver's wanted.

Let's try to focus on the development instead of how badly we desire a solution. They've already stated they don't need more testers. Just let them code and update us when they are ready!

vanja

vanja

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
Ok, I understand TonyDennis. You got e-mail saying there are new posts in this thread and were disappointed when you saw actual posts ;)
Sorry :)

Thomas Bonham

Thomas Bonham

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I can get Apple to see the card as a network devise. What do I need to do to get it to work as a wireless devise. The Wireless card that I have is a Intel 2200.

Thank's for the help.

Thomas

mortis

mortis

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
Did you get that using the iwi2200 driver or by yourself?

Thomas Bonham

Thomas Bonham

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I think I got it using the iwi2200 drives.

I'm I mac newbe, but I'm a RHCT and not new to command line.

mortis

mortis

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
well, from what I know, the iwi2200 development is stuck in that point due to the lack of a open 80211 framework from apple

we have all come to that point, but they still need further development on the driver

xerid

xerid

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:If you want to IM me, PM me first. I only allow those on my list to contact me....

I don't think it's necessarily dead. It's been less than a week since any project updates...

Hey guys. tuxx has been busy, and I need to know what is what befor eI can do anything productive on my own. I've been reading the dev docs in the meantime.

tuxx, can you msg me on irc/irq sometime to help me get up to speed?

sorry guys, I'm doing what I can right now. I now have more time from work, and I can start to spend 2-3 hours a night on this.

stargex

stargex

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
Hey Guys,

I would just like to say I would like to help with development of the driver. I haven't had much work with low-level programming with drivers, but i have had plenty of work with many programming languages such as C/C++/Objective-C and Java. I have also used Xcode before.

xerid

xerid

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Hey Guys,

I would just like to say I would like to help with development of the driver. I haven't had much work with low-level programming with drivers, but i have had plenty of work with many programming languages such as C/C++/Objective-C and Java. I have also used Xcode before.

you should PM tuxx.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy