New Build-9A303

markpenn20

89 posts in this topic

So has anyone had any luck installing on a G5?

I have an old G3 iBook I will try this weekend but I can't imagine it's going run very well if at all.

Yo C - I wasnt able to get it to install on a G3 iBook (the WWDC build)- granted, it is a non-firewire iBook , so i didnt expect it to work anyhow :-(

I have a G5 here at work .... i can try it - but i still do not have this build.

Well I tried to install this build on my Mac Pro , installed it to a second partition from the mounted dmg , then used startup disk to select 10.5 as the startup disk.

When I restarted the Mac booted leo , got to the blue screen and then I got a panic.

I just used the retore disc to select my working 10.4.8 partition as the startup disk.

I will go and get some dual layer dvds this weekend and try again.

I just installed as the main partition on my MBP. First off all, when installing, for me anyway, you can't have the Cannon, ESPON, Lexmark, or Xerox printer Drivers selected. It ends up not installing, or not booting. Ok, I have noticed changes from 9A241. First, the "add to dashboard" thing is much better, as seen in the image below. No other changes that I have seen yet.

Picture_1.png

Yo C - I wasnt able to get it to install on a G3 iBook (the WWDC build)- granted, it is a non-firewire iBook , so i didnt expect it to work anyhow :-(

I have a G5 here at work .... i can try it - but i still do not have this build.

I just tried installing on my G3 iBook with Firewire and was told it was not supported :hysterical:

I also tried booting the G3 from the external I already had installed from my G5. It booted and I was able to login but the Finder kept crashing in an infinite loop.

So for me I have only gotten a little taste. Just enough to want more...

I'll keep trying.

You should use an external drive.

I've been using an external drive all along. In fact I have tried 3 different drives.

Cow

Just so ya know, 9a303 is located in two places:

1 being the green demon (soon to be deleted, hurry and get the .tor***t file before its too late)

2 being the sacred pink sow (unless you lucky enough to have an account, dont bother looking)

hope that helps

p.s.: if you have an invite to 2, please pm me. tia

as for compatability goes the wwdc release is still running on a real old-ass imac. if 9a303 can do that, id be amazed.

Just so ya know, 9a303 is located in two places:

1 being the green demon (soon to be deleted, hurry and get the .tor***t file before its too late)

2 being the sacred pink sow (unless you lucky enough to have an account, dont bother looking)

hope that helps

p.s.: if you have an invite to 2, please pm me. tia

as for compatability goes the wwdc release is still running on a real old-ass imac. if 9a303 can do that, id be amazed.

Someone has torrented the :( torrent on :P bay (yes, they actually made a torrent file of the torrent file!).

Many thanks for these posts, I read alot about but someone can drop 2 lines about the whole release? How it is? More/Less fast than Tiger? It supports the new 64bit extensions?

thanks!

p.s: another question: what's more about the updates? As far as I read there is no way to get latest updates for installed build. Does it is right?