Ryzen Clover Installation Guide macOS Sierra

Gigamaxx

1,334 posts in this topic

I still have kext unloading and cpu halted, 

Im booting with correct bootratio correct files on correct folders from the pack, maybe someone forget something?

Please help

Thanks

The USB installs a fresh copy of Sierra, but it does not have the "Extensions, Frameworks, Kernels installed.    You need to basically repeat the process on the fresh install following Post #2 Post Disk Edit folder.     The USB will not boot the install because the Kernel and other files are not installed.     The USB will only work for install it is not intended to be used for booting a finished install.    You need to install Clover 4077 on the SSD or HDD to boot the System.

you will need to make all these edits again on the fresh install disk. You have to replace all the files in your hard drive with your fresh installation like the USB . So start of with the library folder / then extension, frameworks, kernal an precatch kernal then install clover.... The replace EFI from your hard drive with the one in your USB

So do I need to get a sata to USB cable and place the correct files on the hard drive and do the same thing I did to the USB drive, and if so what is the point of the USB drive as all the files are already on the hard drive.

Thank you

So do I need to get a sata to USB cable and place the correct files on the hard drive and do the same thing I did to the USB drive, and if so what is the point of the USB drive as all the files are already on the hard drive.

Thank you

Yes, you need a sata or USB connection to HDD or SSD. This is a simple USB creation, the install is a 2 step process, there are other more complicated guides to make a USB installer/booter which require much more work. You need to dig into the BaseDMGsystem files and replace, which is beyond the beginner level. There are other guides for USB creation if you want to follow them. For an Intel system you don't need to change the kernel, extensions, or frameworks files so it would be ready to go as a boot stick This is not like an Intel install.

If you clone a disk from a real Mac or Intel hack it comes with some history, like user name account settings etc... This method gives you a fresh install and you set up the disk and account info for Ryzen at the first boot. A clean install versus a cloned copy.

Ive got an Old GT640 ? Is that a good card to boot ? What should I do with the old 980TI card?>

The advantage of the 980 is that it works on El Capitan, you will have more chances to have better results than on Sierra.

I've successfully installed with the help from Ciro @macos86.com

Btw its there someone with a 1070?

Is it working for you I have many bugs with it...

Thanks for any kind of help

Elijah

having a bummer of a time over 20 hours and can't get it to boot :( Bought the asus hero vi and fitted it with the 1800x and 16gig corsair vengeance (2600) Ive tried getting the installer up with my original 980ti the a 640gt and now a ati rx 550 ? just won't go? I ave remade the installer 5 times following the text version and just copying the actions on the video ? I noticed no one else is using the hero board yet could it just be the board? It gets to the apple loader screen (white apple) then just freezes? any help is greatly appreciated

having a bummer of a time over 20 hours and can't get it to boot :( Bought the asus hero vi and fitted it with the 1800x and 16gig corsair vengeance (2600) Ive tried getting the installer up with my original 980ti the a 640gt and now a ati rx 550 ? just won't go? I ave remade the installer 5 times following the text version and just copying the actions on the video ? I noticed no one else is using the hero board yet could it just be the board? any help is greatly appreciated

I have the hero board and it works. Make sure you're not skipping any step. I followed everything and booted without a problem. I also have the 980ti and that also works (opengl not so well but It works).

Post a picture of the boot error that youre getting using the -v flag.

I have the hero board and it works. Make sure you're not skipping any step. I followed everything and booted without a problem. I also have the 980ti and that also works (opengl not so well but It works).

Post a picture of the boot error that youre getting using the -v flag.

Not getting a boot error? it just stalls at the white apple screen after verbose completes successfully ? I've let it sit for over an hour just white apple ?

Boot with clover flag "-v" for verbose mode. It Will give information about the error.

Hey heres an off the wall thought, I couldn't find a setting in the bios for HPET to be enabled or disabled ? is there 1 in the Hero ?

If yes where is is located? 

this screen just keeps scrolling over and over

IMG_8570.jpg

after another 20 min...IMG_8571.jpg

Which config..plist are you using? The config.plist settings should probably be nv_disable=1 and no Web Drivers or inject Nvidia selected to get it installed then load drivers later. You may also want to look into the Clover kexts folders 10.12 and Other and remove AppleiGBkext if you don't have Intel i211 Ethernet, it works but it may be causing bugs.

Which config..plist are you using? The config.plist settings should probably be nv_disable=1 and no Web Drivers or inject Nvidia selected to get it installed then load drivers later. You may also want to look into the Clover kexts folders 10.12 and Other and remove AppleiGBkext if you don't have Intel i211 Ethernet, it works but it may be causing bugs.

I am using the config.plist made for maxwell/pascal cpu's I've tried disabling via clover command at boot nv_disable=1 to no avail.. i do have the i211 ethernet on this board but will try deleting it from the 10.12 folder as well... just another thought I have el capitan on my macbook (which i haven't updated because i prefer the older disk util) but could i clone it and insert the kernel etc to it or is this specific to sierra?

having a bummer of a time over 20 hours and can't get it to boot :( Bought the asus hero vi and fitted it with the 1800x and 16gig corsair vengeance (2600) Ive tried getting the installer up with my original 980ti the a 640gt and now a ati rx 550 ? just won't go? I ave remade the installer 5 times following the text version and just copying the actions on the video ? I noticed no one else is using the hero board yet could it just be the board? It gets to the apple loader screen (white apple) then just freezes? any help is greatly appreciated

I am using the config.plist made for maxwell/pascal cpu's I've tried disabling via clover command at boot nv_disable=1 to no avail.. i do have the i211 ethernet on this board but will try deleting it from the 10.12 folder as well... just another thought I have el capitan on my macbook (which i haven't updated because i prefer the older disk util) but could i clone it and insert the kernel etc to it or is this specific to sierra?

El Capitan has a different kernel and other files. You would have to find it in the Kernel Testing thread.

I'm a noob took me couple days, did you changed your bio setting like mention on the tutorial? Did you the commands the first time you booted up the pandora installer? Did you copy files to fresh install of hard drive? Make sure you always use correct busratio and under graphic card select the correct setting like inject or else it won't boot

I'm a noob took me couple days, did you changed your bio setting like mention on the tutorial? Did you the commands the first time you booted up the pandora installer? Did you copy files to fresh install of hard drive? Make sure you always use correct busratio and under graphic card select the correct setting like inject or else it won't boot

Yes only thing I couldn't find was the HPET in my bios I've gone line by line and its just not there? unless they're calling it something else which wouldn't surprise me but Ive checked asus support site everywhere on google and can't find jack on jt ??

El Capitan has a different kernel and other files. You would have to find it in the Kernel Testing thread.

OK well that blows just finished making a clone for the last 1 1/2 hours damn it!!  

Post a picture of the boot error that youre getting using the -v flag

was there a setting for HPET in your bios ?  could you send me a copy of your config.plist ? I have methodically remade the installer USB 7 times and verbose gets through ok launches the white apple and just hangs ? What am I missing? Its gotta be something in the bios that HPET is illusive to me LOL 

Yes only thing I couldn't find was the HPET in my bios I've gone line by line and its just not there? unless they're calling it something else which wouldn't surprise me but Ive checked asus support site everywhere on google and can't find jack on jt ??

OK well that blows just finished making a clone for the last 1 1/2 hours damn it!!

was there a setting for HPET in your bios ? could you send me a copy of your config.plist ? I have methodically remade the installer USB 7 times and verbose gets through ok launches the white apple and just hangs ? What am I missing? Its gotta be something in the bios that HPET is illusive to me LOL

First time in clover menu before you boot up pandora installer you have to choose correct npci and bus ratio under arguments. Mine is npci=0x3000 busratio=30... Because my pc clockspeed is 3000ghz....Along with your options for your grapchics card. If you have nvidia you can choose inject nvidia(drivers come later) After that hit space while pandora is highlighted and hit those 5 options mentioned in the tutorial followed by alot of lines of colored text. Thats how you know if you did it right.... It takes couple tries to get it going this in for sierra.. if you just see the white apple logo and it hangs is because you didnt select the 5 options correctly it suppost to turn into text instantly. You only need them for the pandora installation ( this is for fresh install of sierra on a hard drive not clone...)( Clone you need a different tutorial)

https://youtu.be/qSDzGk18rjY

First time in clover menu before you boot up pandora installer you have to choose correct npci and bus ratio under arguments. Mine is npci=0x3000 busratio=30... Because my pc clockspeed is 3000ghz....Along with your options for your grapchics card. If you have nvidia you can choose inject nvidia(drivers come later) After that hit space while pandora is highlighted and hit those 5 options mentioned in the tutorial followed by alot of lines of colored text. Thats how you know if you did it right.... It takes couple tries to get it going this in for sierra.. if you just see the white apple logo and it hangs is because you didnt select the 5 options correctly it suppost to turn into text instantly. You only need them for the pandora installation ( this is for fresh install of sierra on a hard drive not clone...)( Clone you need a different tutorial)

Im not sure what the 5 options mentioned in the tutorial are exactly, but i think i followed it line by line but my dumb ass might have missed it?  I got 10.12.5 the launched pandoras box, made sure the 2 options in the top left corner were checked, i installed RTC and didn't check RTC (the video had it but the text didn't?) i installed clover, have default 3600mhz clock so left bus ratio at 36, i have tried both ncpi=2000 & 3000, i have tried the remade config plist of maxwell cards and generic nvidia, i have tried w/ web drives and w/oiut , i see all the pretty colors while in verbose and all looks good no errors now , gets to the apple logo after successful initialization and the bar moves pretty quickly just it has on my last 10 intel build then the arrow for the mouse shows up, it turns to the spinning beachbal then the apple logo screen resets to the beginning of the bar and just sits at like 3/8"  in forever ? i have gone line by line in my bios looking for the high performance HPET setting but can not find it? I've been doing OS X 86 for years so I'm not a total noob (but am by no means a programmer) just really stuck here :(

Im not sure what the 5 options mentioned in the tutorial are exactly, but i think i followed it line by line but my dumb ass might have missed it? I got 10.12.5 the launched pandoras box, made sure the 2 options in the top left corner were checked, i installed RTC and didn't check RTC (the video had it but the text didn't?) i installed clover, have default 3600mhz clock so left bus ratio at 36, i have tried both ncpi=2000 & 3000, i have tried the remade config plist of maxwell cards and generic nvidia, i have tried w/ web drives and w/oiut , i see all the pretty colors while in verbose and all looks good no errors now , gets to the apple logo after successful initialization and the bar moves pretty quickly just it has on my last 10 intel build then the arrow for the mouse shows up, it turns to the spinning beachbal then the apple logo screen resets to the beginning of the bar and just sits at like 3/8" in forever ? i have gone line by line in my bios looking for the high performance HPET setting but can not find it? I've been doing OS X 86 for years so I'm not a total noob (but am by no means a programmer) just really stuck here :(

Your over thinking things... the config.plist come later on your just trying to install on a hard drive. All I did is make the USB installer(l followed the tutorial) booted it up like in my video. Try npci=0x3000 busratio=36 . If your using nvidia inject under the option(if it doesn't work use the first option like my video AND inject) (DO NOT use inject nvidia web) When you have pandora highlighted hit space (on keyboard) and check off those 5 commands ( like in my video) the drivers and editing the plist come later on once you have installed not before...

Your over thinking things... the config.plist come later on your just trying to install on a hard drive. All I did is make the USB installer(l followed the tutorial) booted it up like in my video. Try npci=0x3000 busratio=36 . If your using nvidia inject under the option(if it doesn't work use the first option like my video AND inject) (DO NOT use inject nvidia web) When you have pandora highlighted hit space (on keyboard) and check off those 5 commands ( like in my video) the drivers and editing the plist come later on once you have installed not before...

Did the 5 steps verbose, single user , keep smbols, don't reset on panic, and debug.. colorful text runs I type mount -uw ., then fsck -fy it runs says all is good then exit , the apple logo comes up and then just hangs? If I hit enter I Ca see the USB drive light flash but then just goes back to a slow pulse? Sorry for the imperfect description as I'm doing it from memory after 18 straight hours today of trying to get it to install sadly 4 hours sleep last night I'm falling asleep at my desk lol any other suggestions are very much appreciated and will be attempted in the am thanks again for trying to get me running

Did the 5 steps verbose, single user , keep smbols, don't reset on panic, and debug.. colorful text runs I type mount -uw ., then fsck -fy it runs says all is good then exit , the apple logo comes up and then just hangs? If I hit enter I Ca see the USB drive light flash but then just goes back to a slow pulse? Sorry for the imperfect description as I'm doing it from memory after 18 straight hours today of trying to get it to install sadly 4 hours sleep last night I'm falling asleep at my desk lol any other suggestions are very much appreciated and will be attempted in the am thanks again for trying to get me running

Did you use kext wizard on your pandora installer after you finish doing all the steps creating it? I don't use my front USB ports, only the directly to the mobo and only USB 3 ports. Sounds like maybe you missed a step in the USB installer??? Your almost there