[Guide] XiaoMi Mi Notebook Air 13"

JahStories

662 posts in this topic

Hey,

i have read the complete thread. Because I buyed a Xiaomi Air 13.3 (2017 Version) and I want WLAN and Bluetooth without any ugly mini usb stick looking out of my book...

I understand that the 13.3 Inch (2016) have in the first revisions a M.2-Port (NGFF) with B-Key. Soo, I have read from another forum, that a guy tested a M.2 adapter and put a Broadcom-WLAN-Bluetooth-Card on it. But it doesn't appear in Windows.. That's because the Bluetooth on the card needs USB, that doesn't provide from the third WWAN-M.2-Slot in the Air 13.3..

So, my idea..

And I have no idea, if a third WWAN-M.2-Slot in the Air 13" 2017 Version longer exists (or a second with PCIe). Because there is no picture on the whole internet, only disasembly videos for the 2016-Version, where the hype came.. 

But when it have a second M.2 PCIe-Slot, I want to try following.

You buy following stuff (it's in german, but you can see what I mean.. clear.png)

http://www.ebay.de/itm/USB-3-0-Verl...553593?hash=item1ecdd8c1f9:g:~CEAAOSw9DVZsRhW

http://www.ebay.de/itm/USB-3-0-Adap...&sd=132302553593&_trksid=p2047675.c100623.m-1

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B01N23UMRB/?tag=tonymacx8603-21

You put it all together and then add Hackintosh-compatible USB-WLAN and Bluetooth-Sticks. Maybe you find a U.FL-Pigtail to SMA-Adapter and connect the USB-WLAN with the original Xiaomi-WLAN-Antenna.

The only problem I see:

The space in the notebook. Maybe you must cut off the plastic from the M.2-USB-Adapter to fit in. But it is worth a try!

Sorry for my english, I hope you can unterstand my idea. clear.png

I hope, I get an answer - maybe a pic on the open backside from a 2017-Version? clear.png

When I get my from china in a few days (hopefully), I can say you more!

Greetings,

Robin

If I understand your idea that I see at least one more problem - the metal housing is unlikely to provide a good signal passage.

It also seems to me that you still do not have enough space for all (I could be wrong - I have version 2016).

Yes, your file named ProductID-1447 instead of DisplayProductID-1447, but it shouldn't be the reason of animation lags.

Attach you config.plist and boot log (you can create it by CloverConfigurator from left menu Boot.log)

Hi Nayzebo, sorry for the delay,

here you can find both the bootlog and the config file.

let me know if you see anything wrong.

Thank you so much

config.txt

bootlog.log.txt

Hello! 

Hm, strange, I do checked sleep on my laptop and it does not respond to a power key ... But now it works, though the computer still does not sleep well. Thanks for the answer

I updated my post

I wrote it multiple times, sleep was partially disabled willingly because if the xiaomi go to full sleep when it wakes up it loses usb functionality...

Hi angry.cheburashka!

Can you share you config.plist and archived directory with kexts?

I still have the following problems:

1. Battery state is not displayed sometimes. Installation of the last ACPIBatteryManager.kext from RehabMan's repository didn't solve the problem

2. HiDPI screen resolution chosen via RDM program is not saved after reboot. For example I have selected 1366x768(HiDPI) but after reboot I have simple 1366x768

3. The internal SSD is displayed as external. Your patch didn't help. Do you mean here original NVMe drive or additionally installed SATA M.2 SSD?

Hi angry.cheburashka!

Can you share you config.plist and archived directory with kexts?

I still have the following problems:

1. Battery state is not displayed sometimes. Installation of the last ACPIBatteryManager.kext from RehabMan's repository didn't solve the problem

2. HiDPI screen resolution chosen via RDM program is not saved after reboot. For example I have selected 1366x768(HiDPI) but after reboot I have simple 1366x768

3. The internal SSD is displayed as external. Your patch didn't help. Do you mean here original NVMe drive or additionally installed SATA M.2 SSD?

Hey. Of course, that's an archive of my kext and config.plist (I sent a personal message)
1. If you use apfs - try disabling the trim, it should help with battery status display;
2. I do not use RDM, so I can not help with that;
3. I mean the original the SSD, try to use my configuration, it can help you.

I use all kext of 1 post, except for the keyboard and touchpad.
  • Like 1

For those who wants full sleep, just remove SLEEP SSDT but remember that if you put the xiaomi to sleep closing the lid you'll lose USB until reboot.

@angry

please remove your files, it will be hard to provide help if everyone will start using different files, there is already a file pack for everyone to download, thanks.

• Like 2

Hey. Of course, that's an archive of my kext and config.plist (I sent a personal message)

1. If you use apfs - try disabling the trim, it should help with battery status display;

2. I do not use RDM, so I can not help with that;

3. I mean the original the SSD, try to use my configuration, it can help you.

I use all kext of 1 post, except for the keyboard and touchpad.

Thank you!

I found the mistake in config for problem with SSD.

I used wrong data for IONVMeFamily/External icon fix patch. Also these wrong data are present in files pack 2.1.

To fix the problem with external SSD it is need to use the following data:

<dict>

<key>Comment</key>

<string>External icon fix</string>

<key>Disabled</key>

<false/>

<key>Find</key>

<data>

RXh0ZXJuYWw=

</data>

<key>Name</key>

<string>IONVMeFamily</string>

<key>Replace</key>

<data>

SW50ZXJuYWw=

</data>

</dict>

• Like 1

Thank you!

I found the mistake in config for problem with SSD.

I used wrong data for IONVMeFamily/External icon fix patch. Also these wrong data are present in files pack 2.1.

To fix the problem with external SSD it is need to use the following data:

<dict>

<key>Comment</key>

<string>External icon fix</string>

<key>Disabled</key>

<false/>

<key>Find</key>

<data>

RXh0ZXJuYWw=

</data>

<key>Name</key>

<string>IONVMeFamily</string>

<key>Replace</key>

<data>

SW50ZXJuYWw=

</data>

</dict>

I confirm it works. Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

Implement Lilu.kext un conjunction with some plugins as:

HibernationFixup.kext

IntelgraphicsFixup.kext

IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup.kext

NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext

This will fix the sleep issue for good. And remove the necessity for all your nvidia related dsdt patches. It will also remove the fakeid step and all other {censored} during installation.

Some other kexts to include would be:

Shiki.kext

ACPIBatteryManager.kext

AppleBacklightInjector.kext

ApplePs2SmartTouchpad.kext for multitouch!

There are a few more I forgot about. I'll make a more detailed list.

Anyway, these changes will fix almost all issues. There is also a bt injector in the works, if I manage to get it stable.

Edit: I was probably wrong about the nvidia patches. They are still necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Implement Lilu.kext un conjunction with some plugins as:

HibernationFixup.kext

IntelgraphicsFixup.kext

IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup.kext

NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext

This will fix the sleep issue for good. And remove the necessity for all your nvidia related dsdt patches. It will also remove the fakeid step and all other {censored} during installation.

Some other kexts to include would be:

Shiki.kext

ACPIBatteryManager.kext

AppleBacklightInjector.kext

ApplePs2SmartTouchpad.kext for multitouch!

There are a few more I forgot about. I'll make a more detailed list.

Anyway, these changes will fix almost all issues. There is also a bt injector in the works, if I manage to get it stable.

Edit: I was probably wrong about the nvidia patches. They are still necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there any way we can get multitouch for the trackpad? it works way worse than in Windows

Hi!

I am trying to install 10.13 on my 2016 13.3 laptop (Bios A05) on a second SSD (Samsung 850 Evo Series, 500GB). However I am facing a problem when trying to boot with my USB stick that I have created: It starts to boot, passes the 'Darwin bootstrap....` writes something about launchd and then dumps some staff and reboots.

I have used:

* Clover_v2.4k_r4334

* XiaoMi Notebook Air 13" (2.1)

I have installed clover on the stick using:

* `Install for UEFI booting only`
* `Install Clover in the ESP`
* `Drivers64UEDI`
* `Install RC scripts on target volume`

Then I:

* rename `EFI/CLOVER` to `EFI/CLOVER_`
* copy `XiaoMi Notebook Air 13" (2.1)\EFI:CLOVER` to `EFI/CLOVER`
* rename `EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.13` to `EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other`
* copy `HD/Library/Extensions/CodecCommander.kext` to `EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other`
* copy `HD/Library/Extensions/MiNote13-FrequenciesInjector-MPB13.1-I56200U.kext` to `EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other`
* used Clover Configurator to create a `SMBIOS > MacbookPro 13.1`

while booting I made sure that:

* Graphics Injector > InjectIntel > FakeID: 0x123456789

* Graphics Injector > InjectIntel > *-platform-id:19160002

Any idea what may be wrong?

Thanks!

Hello,

Sorry for asking again. Has any one recently managed to install 10.13.2 on the 2016 13.3 laptop (Bios A05). I followed the instructions from the first post carefully. My laptop gets into clover. I change the fake-id to 0x123456789, the platform-id to 0x19160002 add a -v argument on the boot args clover options. The laptop tries to boot for 5-6 seconds making progress (passes some Darwin bootstrap). Eventually it dumps some IO things (very fast) and reboots. I tried resetting the BIOS but I keep on having this experience. Does anyone else experiencing the same thing?

I have added a second sata M2 disk. I have installed 10.13.2 from the same USB stick on a different hack (desktop with different clover configuration).

Possibly the clover files in 2.1 do not work with 10.13.2?

Thanks for the help!!!!!

Hello everybody,

Since my Sierra works flawlessly on my Notebook Air 13.3 2016 (Bios A5) installed on a Crucial MX300 M.2 SATA i am now wondering about upgrading to HighSierra with the hope that from the mac side i may have now full access to the windows files on the NVMe disk...

But the upgrade process seams to me  a bit complex and not so easy step by step straightforward...

In the meantime, i will wait some time just until the process become easier to perform

Happy Xmas to all

hello i tried to upgrade from 2.0 to 2.1 using step by step what said Mc Banjo but whwn i try to select MacOs Install boot options i get a NO WAY Flag?

He said select the macOS INSTALL BOOT OPTIONS TWICE? and then the MacOs volume to complete the setup ???

I cannot perform this?

Thanx for any accurte help

Now when i launch the highsierra installer from within my Sandisk USB disk i have an error telling the installation cannot be performed on this kind of Mac?

the reason was i mistyped 8 instead of B at the end of the BOARD ID...

Now the High Sierra installer starts with an Apple Flag on the right side of the Clover Window but it stops after about 10 seconds and the laptop re Boot in Windows...

Holy {censored}!

The Mr Banjo upgrade process doesn't work on my laptop and i will try from scratch with a USB key instead

Ho un notebook xiaomi air 13.3 con Intel Core i5-7200U Kaby Lake, RAM 8 GB DDR4 256 GB M.2 SSD, NVIDIA GeForce MX150.
Vorrei installare 10.13.2 come guida.

Usando il dual boot con win 10 senza doppio disco.
Ho questo errore, AMFILoadTrustedKeysFromNVRam. Mi potete aiutare? Grazie

j attact the image

post-969736-0-52146200-1514981085_thumb.jpg

it sounds no HELP available on this website!

;-(

What do you need help with? Your last post suggests you were starting from scratch with a USB key - how did that go?

Are you getting the prohibition symbol? That's normally a kernel panic, I've had it before due to a bad kext install with EasyKextPro and it might require a fresh reinstall. You can sometimes find out more about the issue by booting into verbose mode and reading the text before the crash and reboot. I've previously had to video record the screen to read the text.

Double-check your EFI volumes have the required files in it. If you have Windows, you can load the EFI to check there.

I followed my steps to upgrade from Sierra to High Sierra and it worked for me. By select twice I mean the boot volume needs to be selected once, then it reboots and you have to select it again a 2nd time to finalise the setup. Note your mileage may vary as the High Sierra installer has been updated since I tried.

I would suggest that you start from scratch.

• Like 1