10.4.8 JaS Install Reports - ONLY -

plympton

115 posts in this topic

tekno, how did you get the appleazalia audio kext to work, it won;t load for me?

Hi,

1)you must have the xcode tools installed

2)backup an remove the appleac97audio.kext and the applehda.kext .

3)use the appleazaliaaudio.kext from 10.4.6 and move the appleazaliaaudio.kext to your desktop

4)use show package content and click on the info.plist

5)search for Realtek ALC880/ALC860 Codec Driver,IOHDAudioCodecVendorID and add 0x10ec0882 .

ex: IOHDAudioCodecVendorID 0x10ec0880 0x10ec0882

6)goto Plugins folder in the appleazaliaaudio.kext and use again show package content on the appleazaliacontroller.kext .

goto Contents folder and again click on the info.plist

7)goto IOKitPersonalities/Intel ICH6 Azalia Audio/IOPCIPrimaryMatch and add 0x27D88086

ex:IOPCIPrimaryMatch 0x26688086 0x27D88086

8)now close the azaliaaudio.kext and put it back in your extensions folder

9)use terminal and typ in:

# sudo -s

# chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions

# cd /System/Library/Extensions/

# kextload appleazaliaaudio.kext

now you should have a message that the kext is loaded.

then clean your extensions cache:

# rm /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache

# kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions

Reboot and hope that you have sound now.

Good Luck.

Tekno.

Hi,

Well I think I´ve got the same thing

- Same GUI crash when trying to view "About this Mac"

- iCal is very screwdup.

- video window artefacts - ok its Halloween :spam:

- no QE/CI - but now the system can recognize my nvidia video card.

- can't see network so far... !!! never had problems with 10.4.7

- No sound :pirate2:

well well I am back to 10.4.7 .... at list for now.

opps I forgot, some problem with de partion / grub, I´ve got to boot from DVD Jas 10.4.8

The installation went fine selecting only 1 lang, no printer drivers, Sigmatel, mifki kernel (I think cos its bad labeled) and GMA900/950.

The system boot to the GUI without problems, but no Ethernet, so copyed IONetworkingFamily.kext from the main 10.4.8 (.4 kernel) and repaired permissions. After this, Networking get fixed.

I have an nvidia 7800GTX, its somehow recognized but the graphic glitches are tremendous and very annoying, resolution cant be changed and of course no CI/QE.

Tryed to install Macvidia 1.08 but crashed the system.

iCal is screwed up like everybody and About this mac runs fine.

MBR of the disk is gone or went bad, so I need the DVD to boot.

Now I'm going back to my first stable installation until omni or _np releases a solution to nvidia cards.

Thanks JaS for this DVD! :-)

Just got done with the jas 10.4.8 install..

Inserted a brand new sata drive.

Install went fine, noticed it was using the semthex kernel right off the bat(in yellow)

selected semthex kernel gma 900 support.

Installed no problem.

rebooted, it does the cursor blinking thing, rebooted with the dvd in and it bought it.

boots fine, once i get to the desktop it nags about the 915 kexts.

when i select about this mac, it doesnt crash but kind of goes to sleep then come back real quick :2cents:

no internet

sound work fine

it feels VERY fast, faster than the 10.4.7

no qe/ci, however resolution change works.

thats about it or now, just kind of did a quickie install to see where i stood with my hardware.

very promising.

thanks for all the hard work everyone!

specs:

asrock 915 dual board

3.0 p4 ht

2 gig ram

gma900 on boad

intel nic on board

200 gig maxtor sata1

belkin firewire(works)

mat{censored}a dvd burner

Have a Pentium D 820 with Gigabyte 8I945P-Pro and Radeon X800XL Graphics. I have 1 SATA drive and 1 ATA drive which I was installing OSX on the ATA drive. I was unable to get it to load after the install because it seemed for some reason OSX was not installing the Darwin boot loader....weird. I actually got it all working by using my 10.4.4 install DVD to install a base system with all options unchecked. Then I rebooted and upgraded that with my 10.4.8 DVD and presto! The system was working great. I had to use my old 10.4.3 IONetworkingFamily.kext for 3C905B-TX network card and I had to modify the Plist for my AppleAzaliaAudio and I performed Koverg's Hack on the ATIRadeon9700.kext and surprisingly everything loaded and it is working great. I do have slight mouse artifacts, however I am experiencing none of the other odd symptoms such as iCal not working or About this Mac dialog box crashing the system. Everything that I had tried so far works great so I offer only a suggestion to others that may be having the odd problems to upgrade from a bare minimum 10.4.4 DVD. It worked for me.. :2cents:

PS - I do indeed have QE and CI fully supported. I have verified this with DVD player and Warcraft 3 :dev:

El Tubraon is your network card realtek 8139?

mine is 8139 and don't wrok ;)

1 12:54:44 localhost kernel[0]: com.apple.driver.AppleRTL8139Ethernet isn't a valid mach-o
Nov  1 12:54:44 localhost kernel[0]: error mapping module file com.apple.driver.AppleRTL8139Ethernet
Nov  1 12:54:44 localhost kernel[0]: can't map com.apple.driver.AppleRTL8139Ethernet in preparation for loading
Nov  1 12:54:44 localhost kernel[0]: Can't determine dependencies for com.apple.driver.AppleRTL8139Ethernet.
Nov  1 12:54:44 localhost kernel[0]: Couldn't alloc class "com_apple_driver_RTL8139"

isn't valid mach-o it's PPC or what?

tried partition with 10.4.8 DVD diskutility install fine but boot with black screen and blink cursor.

tried partition with 10.4.6 DVD diskutility and reboot and 10.4.8 from JaS DVD, install fine but end up same problem.

tried GUID partition scheme, same problem. oh and i did try the Bless thing.

looking forward for your advice. :):)

tried partition with 10.4.8 DVD diskutility install fine but boot with black screen and blink cursor.

tried partition with 10.4.6 DVD diskutility and reboot and 10.4.8 from JaS DVD, install fine but end up same problem.

looking forward for your advice. :):)

Try to use a program like Partition Magic to partition your disk. I tried to use the built in Disk Utility to partition my disk as well and it always messed things up. I haven't looked at technical specifications for the Intel macs, but I suspect the partition structure and overall EFI implementation to be doing something different to the disk structure which renders it unusable to a regular PC. I basically created a new partition with Partition Magic 8 for DOS and then made sure it was a Primary partition and Active. Then, I simply used Disk Utility after booting from the DVD for the Erase feature which formatted my partition HFS+. Then, I was able to successfully get a bootable system. Hope this may help.

mine is 8139 and don't wrok :(

1 12:54:44 localhost kernel[0]: com.apple.driver.AppleRTL8139Ethernet isn't a valid mach-o
Nov  1 12:54:44 localhost kernel[0]: error mapping module file com.apple.driver.AppleRTL8139Ethernet
Nov  1 12:54:44 localhost kernel[0]: can't map com.apple.driver.AppleRTL8139Ethernet in preparation for loading
Nov  1 12:54:44 localhost kernel[0]: Can't determine dependencies for com.apple.driver.AppleRTL8139Ethernet.
Nov  1 12:54:44 localhost kernel[0]: Couldn't alloc class "com_apple_driver_RTL8139"

isn't valid mach-o it's PPC or what?

Use the IONETWORK .kext from 10.4.7, should work after that.

Use the IONETWORK .kext from 10.4.7, should work after that.

this don't work either

card is show up but there is message cable is unplug and I can do absolutely anything, can’t change IP manually

I try also RealtekR1000 driver form DamonES give this same result cable is unplug but these one give me possibility to modify IP but this don't change anything network card is off

My Install DVD Jas 10.4.8

To repair boot from Grub

1º erase Mac OSX with DVD Jas 10.4.7

2º Install DVD Jas 10.4.8

After the Installation

Software needed

Pacifist

1- No sound - CMI 9880

With Pacifist Copy from DVD Jas 10.4.7

-> Contents of Jas 10.4.7 Patches

-> Contents of 10.4.7 Intel SS3.pkg

-> Sytem

-> Library

-> Extensions

Install AppleAzaliaAudio.kext

2 -No Ethernet - Realtek RTL 8139 PCI

-> Sytem

-> Library

-> Extensions

Install AppleRTL8139Ethernet.kext

delete Extension cache

reboot

3 - No Nvidia Acceleration - Geforce 6600GT PCIe

Titan Power :| 100%

4 - No Ical

Install app from DVD Jas 10.4.7

5 - No About This Mac

Coronel patch -> From 10.4.7

6 - No Shut Down

:( need help for this one .....

Boy do I feel lucky! Did a fresh install to a new hard drive. First partitioned drive with JaS 10.4.7 disc. Second ran the install from the 10.4.8 disc. Install went perfectly. One first boot imported my information from my other drive. Did NOT install the GMA package, have QE/CI. About this Mac works fine, only app not working is iCal. Experiencing a VERY slight stutter on both audio and video playback.

Guest goodtime
Fresh install from nothing

Working: Everything except 2d/3d and audio

Not working: QE/CI(no callisto yet), audio(always worked in every version before 10.4.8, i have to find out how to patch it), corrupt iCal

CPU: Pentium 4 prescott 3GHz SSE3/HTT

Audio: Intel HDA

Network: Intel PRO VE/100

Graphics: Radeon X800 XL

Similiar results here too.

Corrupt iCal

USB Sound works

No Networking (Should not be hard to fix).

Problem with GMA915.kext

looking forward for your advice. :D:D

Try the 10.4.3 disk utlility (boot from it). It defaults to MBR/doc/PC Partition Scheme/fdisk partition scheme.

If you are using any version of apple's disk utility: use PC Partition Scheme:

In Disk Utility: click on the disk, click on the options button in the window to the right, select PC Partition Scheme, newer versions of the Intel Disk Utility default to Apple Partition scheme, you're BIOS will not see or be able to bless it or set it to active.

You can also do this with the "disk util" and "fdisk" commands.

GT

1- No sound - CMI 9880

-> Sytem

-> Library

-> Extensions

Install AppleAzaliaAudio.kext

Did your sound sounds good, mine is choppy, like to small latency

please, can't someone post the Azalia Kext please ? i don't have 10.4.7 DVD, i've downloaded the update alone, and there's no kexts in there (i mean in the jas one ...) and downloading the full 4.7Gb only for a small file ... i don't really want to ! loool

so pleassse post azalia Kext ! thanks by advance

http://rapidshare.com/files/1616284/AppleA...o.kext.zip.html

Boot problem: of course it's exist but when i booted up to the Jas 10.4.7 Disk Utility.... so it is works. Thanks the tip.

About This Mac problem: there is exist but when i restore the .4 loginwindow.app it is work.

Audio:AppleAzalia kext edited and working.

Graphics: nVidia GeForce 7600GST Inno3D with Titan works like a charm.

All of these works under JaS 10.4.8 with Semthex kernel.

Thanks Jas and Omni.

Couldn't install 10.4.8 on second partition, it just trashed all partitions.

Installed 10.4.6 on first partition and then upgraded with Jas 10.4.8 DVD and selected mifki kernel. Now it booted nicely.

Complains about 915 kext. FIXED by removing the 915 kexts.

No QE/CI on GMA 950 FIXED by using pacifist and installing the AppleIntel950 kext files and replacing the AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext to 10.4.8 version.

Intel ethernet network working.

Azalia HD 2ch output working after azalia kext edit.

Ical working.

About this mac not working. FIXED by installing the 10.4.4 loginwindow.app

Xbench=123

Xbench after fsb=165 =93 well that shows how well one could get fake goooood scores. Now my clock works also.