Patch for using NVMe under macOS Sierra is ready.

1,382 posts in this topic

dear RehaMan,

after re-installing osx and using class-code spoof, my hackintosh work well.

but a question, i need to keep KexsToPatch of  Pike R. Alpha Patch or delete them  on config.plist for future appstore update smoothly?

If you implemented the class-code spoof correctly, there is no need for the patches in your config.plist.

By correct, I mean you also have HackrNVMeFamily in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other...

• Like 1

If you implemented the class-code spoof correctly, there is no need for the patches in your config.plist.

By correct, I mean you also have HackrNVMeFamily in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other...

hi ,

I've removed all kextstopath related to Pike R. Alpha Patch. and my hackintosh still work well after restarting.

​yes, of course. I have HackrNVMeFamily in S/L/E 

Thanks so much :D

​yes, of course. I have HackrNVMeFamily in S/L/E 

But in order to boot the installer or recovery partition, you will need to also have it in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other.

• Like 1

I have an issue with 

SSD 960 PRO NVMe M.2 512GB

http://www.samsung.com/us/computing/memory-storage/solid-state-drives/ssd-960-pro-m-2-512gb-mz-v6p512bw/

http://imgur.com/dGaTn8x

Mobo is ga-x99 designare Ex + Intel 5960X + GTX 980 Ti

After applying patched kext, HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_3.kext in /S/L/E, system crashed and rebooting.

Is there any idead for me?

I have an issue with 

SSD 960 PRO NVMe M.2 512GB

http://www.samsung.com/us/computing/memory-storage/solid-state-drives/ssd-960-pro-m-2-512gb-mz-v6p512bw/

Mobo is ga-x99 designare Ex + Intel 5960X + GTX 980 Ti

After applying patched kext, HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_3.kext in /S/L/E, system crashed and rebooting.

Is there any idead for me?

As noted in the patch-nvme README, if you're not using the class-code spoof (you didn't mention it), you must delete IONVMeFamily.kext.

My suggestion: Implement the class-code spoof.

Hi, the patches of 10.12.5 Beta 1 build 16F43c aren't changed, but MD5 has been changed so I've updated the patch list.

NVMe_patches_10_12_5_beta1.plist.zip

BTW. Could anyone give me the vanilla IONVMeFamily of 10.12.4 (16E95)? I've only stayed in 10.12.4 for one day... Although I don't think the patches have been changed. (They are even not changed in 10.12.5 Beta 1!)

There is first 2017 security update for 10.11.6, does it need new script and new kext?

Hi, could you please upload a vanilla IONVMeFamily of this 10.11.6 security update?

Hi, the patches of 10.12.5 Beta 1 build 16F43c aren't changed, but MD5 has been changed so I've updated the patch list.

attachicon.gifNVMe_patches_10_12_5_beta1.plist.zip

BTW. Could anyone give me the vanilla IONVMeFamily of 10.12.4 (16E95)? I've only stayed in 10.12.4 for one day... Although I don't think the patches have been changed. (They are even not changed in 10.12.5 Beta 1!)

Hi, could you please upload a vanilla IONVMeFamily of this 10.11.6 security update?

hello ..for 10.12.4?

There it is: attachicon.gifIONVMeFamily.kext.zip

Here you go. But I'm sure whether it will work. (TAKE YOUR OWN RISK!!!)

NVMe_patches_10_11_6_sec2017-001.plist.zip

Trying to move on spoof class patch, i've scanned my ioreg.  Is this path ('_SB/PCI0@0/RP09@1d0000/PXSX@0') is what i need for my Samsung 960 evo (it's only one m2 drive in system)?

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2017-03-29 at 22.17.54.png

I don't think there is any spoof class code in the IONVMeFamily of 10.11.6, it's a PCI ID instead in Info.plist? Spoof class code has been started since 10.12 if I remembered correctly?

Trying to move on spoof class patch, i've scanned my ioreg.  Is this path ('_SB/PCI0@0/RP09@1d0000/PXSX@0') is what i need for my Samsung 960 evo (it's only one m2 drive in system)?

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2017-03-29 at 22.17.54.png

ACPI path is _SB.PCI0.RP09.PXSX

I don't think there is any spoof class code in the IONVMeFamily of 10.11.6, it's a PCI ID instead in Info.plist? Spoof class code has been started since 10.12 if I remembered correctly?

Extra injections required on 10.11.6 for certain SSDs are documented in my guide (linked from patch-nvme README).

hi,

I have a working 10.12.3 with Samsung 960 evo nvme class-spoofed.

Now for update to 10.12.4 do I have to replace HackrNVMeFamily 10.12.3.kext with the new one before the update or after?

I wonder if after the update I can not boot with the 10.12.3 kext.

ACPI path is _SB.PCI0.RP09.PXSX

Extra injections required on 10.11.6 for certain SSDs are documented in my guide (linked from patch-nvme README).

SSDT patch created and installed, DSDT patch in clover config installed, spoof-code kext generated and installed - system boots up ok. Thank you!

Here goes one question: do i still need to generate new spoof class kext after every system update? If so, can you add script for 10.11.6 2017-001 security update?

Well, I see... But to be honest, I only have Apple NVMe SSD and thus I don't know what about hack... But thanks for your explanation anyway!

Thank you! System boot - confirmed.

Glad to hear that, also thanks for your confirmation!