[Guide] macOS Sierra 10.12.x on ASRock H170M-ITX/ac

Denicio

438 posts in this topic

Hi Denicio!

Fantastic guide!  Thanks so much  :)

I am so close to getting a working machine except for the Bluetooth.  I'm using the recommended BCM94352HMB and while WIFI is working and BT shows up, I just cannot connect to any device.

I have a feeling my USB ports are not playing nicely.  Do you have a guide or recommendation on how to check if they are all lined up properly?

Thanks again!

Hi Denicio!

Fantastic guide!  Thanks so much  :)

I am so close to getting a working machine except for the Bluetooth.  I'm using the recommended BCM94352HMB and while WIFI is working and BT shows up, I just cannot connect to any device.

I have a feeling my USB ports are not playing nicely.  Do you have a guide or recommendation on how to check if they are all lined up properly?

Thanks again!

Hello, thanks for your kind words. I had this exact problem when my Brcm*.kext files where placed on CLOVER/kexts/10.12 folder instead of S/L/E. Is this your case as well?

In order to check if your ports are in good working order open IORegistryExplorer 2.1 and look for "HS13" entry under "XHC" tree. The BCM BT module should be listed under "HS13" as well.

Hey Denicio,

Any clue why wifi stopped working for me when upgrading from 10.12.1 to 10.12.5?

I have basically the same setup as you, but it says "Wi-Fi: No hardware installed".

I tried to clean install clover and the kexts, but it had no effect.

Bluetooth still works suprisingly.

Thanks!

Edit:

Figured it out.

I had to install the new FakePCIID kext and FakePCIID Broadcom kext using kext utility.

• Like 1

Hi, Denicio

I used [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] to install the BrcmFirmwareRepo and BrcmPatchRam2 kexts as described in your guide to S/L/E, so those should be good.

I just checked using IOReg and you are correct, HS13.  When I pull it up from the System Report, Bluetooth doesn't have a Location ID.  When I go down to USB, it says I have a BCM20702A0 installed at Location ID:  0x14b00000 / 3.

I actually have a BCM94352HMB.  Any ideas?  I'm still not having luck linking any Bluetooth devices.

Thanks again, Denicio!

Hi, Denicio

I used ##### to install the BrcmFirmwareRepo and BrcmPatchRam2 kexts as described in your guide to S/L/E, so those should be good.

I just checked using IOReg and you are correct, HS13.  When I pull it up from the System Report, Bluetooth doesn't have a Location ID.  When I go down to USB, it says I have a BCM20702A0 installed at Location ID:  0x14b00000 / 3.

I actually have a BCM94352HMB.  Any ideas?  I'm still not having luck linking any Bluetooth devices.

Thanks again, Denicio!

What is the "/ 3" part you are describing? It should work with this configuration.

Hi again,

Please give me some advise how to reinstall 10.12.4, as my current trials are  not succesful. I wipe ssd, and install from usb clover, and everything seem to be fine. Finally I boot  to fully functional system . Immeditely remove ny options of autoupdete.  Than on next reboot my graphic is worse  on HDMI  as screen is oversized, next boot and  graphic is lost. Is there any trrace on SSD frpm 10.12.5 ? Can I wipe this residue? Any other advice to make clean install?

Hi again,

Please give me some advise how to reinstall 10.12.4, as my current trials are  not succesful. I wipe ssd, and install from usb clover, and everything seem to be fine. Finally I boot  to fully functional system . Immeditely remove ny options of autoupdete.  Than on next reboot my graphic is worse  on HDMI  as screen is oversized, next boot and  graphic is lost. Is there any trrace on SSD frpm 10.12.5 ? Can I wipe this residue? Any other advice to make clean install?

Hello fixpol, the guide found on this thread is for a successful installation on 10.12.4. Didn't you use to have a working system before using this guide?

Hi Denicio

Firstly, thanks for creating and maintaining this fantastic thread. It's a lifesaver for relative newbies like myself.

I now have a working 10.12.4 system and have installed an Nvidia GT710 card in order to have sleep working properly.

The card works fine with the default macOS drivers, nothing injected in Clover, and Intel HD530 disabled in BIOS. All seems ok apart from the following problems:

- Video output turns off during boot, then is reenabled just before login

- Still getting a crash / restart when trying to resume from sleep

Any pointers on these would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Denicio

Firstly, thanks for creating and maintaining this fantastic thread. It's a lifesaver for relative newbies like myself.

I now have a working 10.12.4 system and have installed an Nvidia GT710 card in order to have sleep working properly.

The card works fine with the default macOS drivers, nothing injected in Clover, and Intel HD530 disabled in BIOS. All seems ok apart from the following problems:

- Video output turns off during boot, then is reenabled just before login

- Still getting a crash / restart when trying to resume from sleep

Any pointers on these would be greatly appreciated.

Hello! I think this is what you're looking for the NVIDIA GPU: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/308790-applegraphicsdevicepolicy-on-the-fly-patching-impossible-alternate-idea-but-still-does-not-seem-to-work/

HI,

I already wrote my story of failure with upgrading  this thread  build to 10.12.5. It does not mean I have black screen, but reaching desktop requires now  fake graphic id  every boot. Additionally  HD530 works in 8 mb vram mode, what makes screen glitchy  and not sufficient to play video by VLC. This behavior is same on 10.12.5 and reinstalled 10.12.4 - surprisingly 10.12. 4 after fresh install. works with fully functional graphic till first reboot, than same issues like in 10.12.5.  Now  lets go to the point. Have a question if anyone with this build as in topic of the thread successfully upgraded to 10.12.5?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

The reason of KP with lilu.kext was old AppleALC.kext. Replace with newest 1.1.2. removed KP. Anyway igfx patch  with lilu still not working, and desktop available only with fake id. May be the problem is with Apple ALC patch - SSDT-2? Any advice?

What is your whole system configuration?

I have a similar configuration. Motherboard АSROCK H170m Pro4s. Intel i3 (HD530 graphics), Sierra 10.12.5. Clover bootloader inject Device-Audio-layout 1
I was able to run the graphics. But sleep and sound (Realtek ALC 892) do not work.
Here are my configs. I need your help

Big shout out and props to OP. Everything below worked on my first hackintosh build almost OOTB. In fact, you don't even have to go past his first post using the hardware below. You will have to teach yourself about the the Clover Bootloader if you never used it, but that's about it. The only setting I had to use in the Clover "Options" is Inject Nvidia in the Graphics parameters. Again, thanks for sharing Denicio 

• Like 1

Hi, Denicio

I have a build that is the same as yours, and it is perfect to use the manual after the installation is complete. However, there will be randomly freeze, the mouse and keyboard screen are frozen, can only turn off the power to restart. Hardware in windows 10 without any problems. when run intellij the happened more

any ideas? 

post-1714154-0-90335200-1498803417_thumb.png

Hi, Denicio

I have a build that is the same as yours, and it is perfect to use the manual after the installation is complete. However, there will be randomly freeze, the mouse and keyboard screen are frozen, can only turn off the power to restart. Hardware in windows 10 without any problems. when run intellij the happened more

any ideas? 

I've heard this random freeze from other Intel HD530 users, not sure if it's related to this to be honest 100%. It happened to me twice, but not that often as yours. Can you confirm that it doesn't happen when you stream a HQ video from YouTube?

Hi,

Finally solved HD530 issue.  Upgrade to 10.12.5 is  working fine with full graphic speed. Previous KP was  caused by old AppleALC.kext. Now Lilu.kext with Intelgraphicsfixup.kexts  are also working fine after injecting  to config.plist   kext to patch  as in https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/skylake-intel-hd-530-integrated-graphics-working-as-of-10-11-4.188891/. Hope that all  left without any advise will find it useful.

• Like 3

There are more than 600 reactions in this thread! Can you help us and give a more 'condensed' solution?

Like a zip with all needed kexts, plists and instructions?

Maybe Denicio can update the instructions in post #1?

What you mean  condensed solution? It is relative simple.

1.Upgrade to 10.12.5. Probably  you will lost your desktop.

2.Use  fake graphic id in  clover options i.e. 12345678 or  whatever. You will be back in your desktop with  slow graphic 8mb VRAM. 

3. Download newest AppleALC.kext and replace in  clover/kexts/other.

4. Add in config.plist  in  kext to patch section 

<dict>                 

<key>Comment</key>
    <string>10.11-SKL-1912000-4_displays</string>
    <key>Find</key>
    <data>
    AQMDAw==
    </data>
    <key>Name</key>
    <string>AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer</string>
    <key>Replace</key>
    <data>
    AQMEAw==
    </data>
</dict>

5.Check if  inject intel is true  and looks like this

<key>Graphics</key> 

<dict>
        <key>Inject</key>
        <dict>
            <key>ATI</key>
            <false/>
            <key>Intel</key>
            <true/>
            <key>NVidia</key>
            <false/>
        </dict>
        <key>ig-platform-id</key>
        <string>0x19120000</string>
</dict>

6.Dowload latest Lilu. kext and Intelgraphicsfixup.kext on desktop . Use  Kext Beast to install this two together in S/L/E.

7. Reboot normally 

Thats all.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

What you mean  condensed solution? It is relative simple.

[...]

- first installed Clover_v2.4k_r4114

- reboot

- made Time Machine-backup !

- installed 10.12.5

- reboot with fake ig-platform-id

- placed AppleALC.kext (v1.1.2) in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other

- placed Lilu.kext (v1.1.4) and Intelgraphicsfixup.kext (v1.1.5) in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other

- added earlier mentioned text in config.plist in 'kext to patch' section to replace 'AQMDAw==' with 'AQMEAw=='

- reboot normally with ig-platform-id 1912000

- succes!

So I only changed the installation path of Lilu.kext and Intelgraphicsfixup.kext to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other

Thank you very much for your help!

• Like 1