IntelMausiEthernet.kext for Intel onboard LAN

Mieze
1,013 posts in this topic

@MilesTEG1: At first glance this sounds like a DHCP problem. I'm dual-booting on my I218 with Windows 10 too but have never experienced such an issue. Please send me your kernel logs showing the issue!

Mieze

Ok, I'll get the log.

It's in the console right ?

Just try direct connect a 2 Gigabyte boards with CAT 7 cable and latest IntelMausiEthernet.kext using Manual Connection with Network Advanced settings: 1000BaseT Full Duplex on both computer,

but unfortunately I get only 100Mb/s :( I wonder if there is possibility to get 1000Mb/s 

On both machines is latest Sierra 10.2.4 

only different between them is: 

1. GA-z177x-UD5-TH /  i7-7700k  / Samsung 960 Pro M.2 SSD - boot

2. GA-z77x-UP5-TH with i7-3700k  / SSD simple 

Need help to get 1000Mb/s Gigabyte speed connection

Ok, I'll get the log.

It's in the console right ?

Please see post #1 of this thread for instructions how to retrieve kernel logs.

Mieze

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Mieze. Sorry to trouble you. I have a NC630T Ethernet card here which I'm trying to get IntelMausi to work with the card now i was wondering would you be able to add the support to the kext for 82571EB chipset or do i just the Device ID to IntelMausi using Xcode?

I'm sorry, but IntelMausiEthernet won't work with 82571/2/4 chips because I intentionally removed support for these chips as they are junk silicon which is full of nasty hardware bugs and makes driver programming a pain.

Mieze

There  it is no reason to use jumbo frame if you don't own Network cards with support for JF, your clients doesn't have support for JF, your router doesn't support JF. Every equipment in the house needs JF, otherwise it's useless.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings. First of all thanks for all your work I'd like to know what I need to compile your driver to work on Mavericks. I'm using a Skylake processor with Mavericks thanks to Clover's FakeID. But I do not have internet. Thank you!!!

Greetings. First of all thanks for all your work I'd like to know what I need to compile your driver to work on Mavericks. I'm using a Skylake processor with Mavericks thanks to Clover's FakeID. But I do not have internet. Thank you!!!

Franky, I don't know if it is possible at all to build a recent version of the driver, which supports I219, for Mavericks, at least I haven't tried and I don't have a working Mavericks installation anymore. In order to build the driver for mavericks, you'll need an older version of Xcode which includes the 10.9 SDK and select 10.9 as Deployment Target.

Best solution would be to upgrade your machine to Sierra. In case there is old hardware or software which doesn't work with Sierra, take my advice and get rid of it. It's definitely not worth the hassle!

Mieze

Franky, I don't know if it is possible at all to build a recent version of the driver, which supports I219, for Mavericks, at least I haven't tried and I don't have a working Mavericks installation anymore. In order to build the driver for mavericks, you'll need an older version of Xcode which includes the 10.9 SDK and select 10.9 as Deployment Target.

Best solution would be to upgrade your machine to Sierra. In case there is old hardware or software which doesn't work with Sierra, take my advice and get rid of it. It's definitely not worth the hassle!

Mieze

My computer has an Intel i7 kabylake processor. I'm running Maverick using the clover fakeCpuID because I use an audio program called Pro Tools 10 and with Maverick is the last version of MacOS that works.

My computer has an Intel i7 kabylake processor. I'm running Maverick using the clover fakeCpuID because I use an audio program called Pro Tools 10 and with Maverick is the last version of MacOS that works.

Pro Tools, oh yeah I know, I almost thought that because of your interests. Well, best thing would be to get an update for Pro Tools which supports Sierra.  Or in case something rules out this alternative, get a replacement for Pro Tools.

By the way, according to all the trouble I have heard users reporting about Pro Tools with recent hardware/software, one might think that the Pro in the Name stands for Problem.

Mieze

I don't know what nic your board has but would an earlier version of Mausi work? Looking in my EFI folder I have 2.0.1 in my 10.9 folder. But both of my desktop boards are old and use the 82579V chip.

I don't know what nic your board has but would an earlier version of Mausi work? Looking in my EFI folder I have 2.0.1 in my 10.9 folder. But both of my desktop boards are old and use the 82579V chip.

My motherboard has intel I219 ethernet adapter. Thanks!!!

Pro Tools, oh yeah I know, I almost thought that because of your interests. Well, best thing would be to get an update for Pro Tools which supports Sierra. Or in case something rules out this alternative, get a replacement for Pro Tools.

By the way, according to all the trouble I have heard users reporting about Pro Tools with recent hardware/software, one might think that the Pro in the Name stands for Problem.

Mieze

I installed the last Xcode and put manually the 10.9 SDK and tried compile the kext, the kext compile it but with 4 error. Is it possible that you tried? I can upload the 10.9SDK for you if you want.

I installed the last Xcode and put manually the 10.9 SDK and tried compile the kext, the kext compile it but with 4 error. Is it possible that you tried? I can upload the 10.9SDK for you if you want.

Please post the error messages so that I can check what's wrong.

Mieze

Please post the error messages so that I can check what's wrong.

Mieze

static void e1000_shift_out_eec_bits(struct e1000_hw *hw, u16 data, u16 count)
{
	struct e1000_nvm_info *nvm = &hw->nvm;
	u32 eecd = er32(EECD);
	u32 mask;

mask = BIT(count - 1);
	if (nvm->type == e1000_nvm_eeprom_spi)
		eecd |= E1000_EECD_DO;

do {
		eecd &= ~E1000_EECD_DI;

if (data & mask)
			eecd |= E1000_EECD_DI;

ew32(EECD, eecd);
		e1e_flush();

udelay(nvm->delay_usec);

e1000_raise_eec_clk(hw, &eecd);
		e1000_lower_eec_clk(hw, &eecd);

mask >>= 1;
	} while (mask);

eecd &= ~E1000_EECD_DI;
	ew32(EECD, eecd);
}
static inline void prepareTSO6(mbuf_t m, UInt32 *mssHeaderSize, UInt32 *payloadSize)
{
    struct ip6_hdr *ip6Hdr = (struct ip6_hdr *)((UInt8 *)mbuf_data(m) + ETHER_HDR_LEN);
    struct tcphdr *tcpHdr = (struct tcphdr *)((UInt8 *)ip6Hdr + sizeof(struct ip6_hdr));
    UInt16 *addr = (UInt16 *)&ip6Hdr->ip6_src;
    UInt32 csum32 = 6;
    UInt32 plen = (UInt32)mbuf_pkthdr_len(m);
    UInt32 hlen = (tcpHdr->th_off << 2) + kMinL4HdrOffsetV6;
    UInt32 i;

ip6Hdr->ip6_ctlun.ip6_un1.ip6_un1_plen = 0;

for (i = 0; i < 16; i++)
        csum32 += ntohs(*addr++);

csum32 += (csum32 >> 16);
    tcpHdr->th_sum = htons((UInt16)csum32);

/* Flush the cache lines in order to enforce writeback. */
    asm volatile ("clflush %0" : "=m" (ip6Hdr->ip6_ctlun.ip6_un1.ip6_un1_plen));
    asm volatile ("clflush %0" : "=m" (tcpHdr->th_sum));

*mssHeaderSize = ((*mssHeaderSize << 16) | (hlen << 8));
    *payloadSize = plen - hlen;
}

@stinga11: The first two warnings can be ignored. Besides that, I already told you that you have to use an older version of Xcode. Use the latest version of Xcode 5 which was released together with Mavericks. Anything else might produce unpredictable results.

Mieze

@stinga11: The first two warnings can be ignored. Besides that, I already told you that you have to use an older version of Xcode. Use the latest version of Xcode 5 which was released together with Mavericks. Anything else might produce unpredictable results.

Mieze

I compiled the kext using xcode 6.2 in Mavericks. I had a one compilation error that I solved quickly. The only doubt I have is, how can I have the Release version instead of the Debug one.

I compiled the kext using xcode 6.2 in Mavericks. I had a one compilation error that I solved quickly. The only doubt I have is, how can I have the Release version instead of the Debug one.

From the "Products" menu select "Archive". After that, select the built driver archive in the Organizer window which appears and click "Export" to save the release build somewhere, e.g. on the Desktop. In this folder you'll find a directory hierarchy with the release version of the driver in it.

Mieze

• Like 1

From the "Products" menu select "Archive". After that, select the built driver archive in the Organizer window which appears and click "Export" to save the release build somewhere, e.g. on the Desktop. In this folder you'll find a directory hierarchy with the release version of the driver in it.

Mieze

Thanks!!!

EDIT:

Here is the V2.3.0d0 compatible with Mavericks.

IntelMausiEthernet-V2.3.0.d0.zip

Hello
Just to say thanks, in the first place
Then some info
So to have the full bit rate in ethernet, it is necessary to choose in bios auto negociated
And in preference system, automatic

Result I move to just under 300MB / s fiber
Thank you Mieze
Long live the cat

170617173029.BMP

post-1181448-0-73799800-1497720814_thumb.png

post-1181448-0-45288900-1497720855_thumb.png

post-1181448-0-23342100-1497720868_thumb.png

post-1181448-0-12829800-1497721113_thumb.jpg

As there haven't been any bug reports for version 2.3.0d0, I decided to make this version the new official release version 2.3.0 and updated the prebuilt binary in the download section.

Mieze  :cat:

• Like 5