• Please log in to reply
1367 replies to this topic

newapple4g

newapple4g

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Does "fix permissions and clear cache, and boot Clover without caches" mean to tick repair permissions and rebuild cache on kext wizard then restart and boot via clover without caches ?

ahmed_ais

ahmed_ais

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Does "fix permissions and clear cache, and boot Clover without caches" mean to tick repair permissions and rebuild cache on kext wizard then restart and boot via clover without caches ?

Yes. To boot through Clover without cache, select the boot partition while in Clover and press space then select "Boot Mac OS X without caches"

newapple4g

newapple4g

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

I know that, but i notice that it's not as same as mavericks without caches. In that case I can see how it is loading drivers and sometimes I find that audio kexts and audio patch-on-fly doesn't load even with kext-dev-mode=1 enabled does it mean that clover patch on fly complete work and it will not patch after second boot ?

ahmed_ais

ahmed_ais

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 782 posts

I know that, but i notice that it's not as same as mavericks without caches. In that case I can see how it is loading drivers and sometimes I find that audio kexts and audio patch-on-fly doesn't load even with kext-dev-mode=1 enabled does it mean that clover patch on fly complete work and it will not patch after second boot ?

Generally, Clover's patching on-the-fly works by patching the kexts loaded into cache. Booting without cache means there should be no patching on-the-fly for the first boot while OS X regenerates the cache. The patches should work, however, on second boot onward. The boot arg (kext-dev-mode=1) have no rule in this operation as it only allows OS X to load non Apple kexts (or modified Apple kexts) that resides in /S/L/E. You don't need this flag actually if you keep system kexts untouched (on disk) and only use patched kexts in Clover's folder or using Clover's patch on-the-fly.

I hope this answers your question clear enough.

newapple4g

newapple4g

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
Thanks for that. I start installing by your guide but i wonder that without intelhd5000 patching my graphics card has been recognized and brightness work without acpibacklight kext
And i dont have clover on fly patch settings for applehda but its changed some lines on applehda

ahmed_ais

ahmed_ais

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Thanks for that. I start installing by your guide but i wonder that without intelhd5000 patching my graphics card has been recognized and brightness work without acpibacklight kextAnd i dont have clover on fly patch settings for applehda but its changed some lines on applehda

Intel Mobile HD4600 will never work out of the box because the driver doesn't naively support it (Apple removed support for it from AppleIntelHD5000Graphics). A while ago some expert found a way to fake OS X to read the card as a different one that is supported which resulted in the patch we use now. If you followed the thread I linked in post installation graphic fix section within the guide, you would find more information about this. To say you have it fully working out of the box is something I would not believe, maybe you have the graphics patch in your DSDT? That's an alternative method I did not cover in my guide. Also, regarding brightness, there is a must to use DSDT patch to show the brightness slider in Display Preferences but as far as I know the kext is required as well to control the brightness using that slider so take a look you might find a copy of that kext here or there!

newapple4g

newapple4g

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
Ok I enabled patches from guide but there is a way to check that clover on fly do job or not

newapple4g

newapple4g

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
I try to solve audio problem. To do that I reinstall yosemite and have config.plist without any kext patches on it but when i boot it i get screen like this where sound assertion.Attached File  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420459466.727850.jpg   334.08KB   6 downloads

ahmed_ais

ahmed_ais

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Ok I enabled patches from guide but there is a way to check that clover on fly do job or not

Well, a patched kext is a patched kext after all. Clover may not inform you it successfully patched a kext but you can infer from the behavior. For example, if you have a patch that modify a WiFi kext to work with your card which normally wouldn't, if the card worked after the patch then the patch worked.

I try to solve audio problem. To do that I reinstall yosemite and have config.plist without any kext patches on it but when i boot it i get screen like this where sound assertion.attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1420459466.727850.jpg

What problem with audio? we are not supposed to track every assertion in Clover's verbose but we only care when the device behavior is faulty and this is when we start to test and try to fix it. Our audio works very good with VoodooHDA as explained in guide and artas182x wrote in post #16 that AppleHDA can be fixed to work too. If you have the same laptop you should not have a different problem we do not have unless you have a faulty machine which is unlikely. 

PS: the picture you attached shows boot halt because of graphic issue and not related to sound. Fix that (hint: ig-platform-id and/or FakeID) then look for sound issues if any after that.

bogdangepe

bogdangepe

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Hi, for non UEFI booting, what options should be checked in Clover installing?

ahmed_ais

ahmed_ais

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Hi, for non UEFI booting, what options should be checked in Clover installing?

I didn't try this but it should work. Set these options while installing Clover (either on USB or after installing):

• Untick "Install for UEFI booting only"
  • Tick "Install Clover in the ESP"
  • Tick (only) Bootloader > "Install boot0af in MBR"

Keep the other settings as stated in the guide. 

bogdangepe

bogdangepe

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Thanks for the reply. I managed to install it, but I got the same point and fail to make video card work. Do not succeed to write patches in plist editor correctly. When you want to save config.plist it tells me I have the wrong letter Â. Can anyone post config.plist in zip.

ahmed_ais

ahmed_ais

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Thanks for the reply. I managed to install it, but I got the same point and fail to make video card work. Do not succeed to write patches in plist editor correctly. When you want to save config.plist it tells me I have the wrong letter Â. Can anyone post config.plist in zip.

I do recommend trying to fix yours instead of using others. You have to learn to do the right thing because at some point you might install OS X again and the pre-made files may not work (think of a newer version of OS X or if you installing on different PC for example). This is the reason why I didn't attach my ACPI files and EFI content so people could try, make faults, and learn like I did. The advantage of this thread is that while it give you structured step by step guide, it also offer some support/help by me and others in the forum. Believe me, the biggest problem is when you ask about an issue and no one know the answer and thus no help!

Post your config.plist so I take a look on it.

bogdangepe

bogdangepe

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

l post config.plist when I get home. Basically, the patch should be written in plist editor after

<key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>

<dict>
<key>AppleRTC</key>
<true/>
<key>AsusAICPUPM</key>
<true/>
<key>KernelPm</key>
<true/>
<key>KextsToPatch</key>
<array>
            <dict>

<key>Comment</key>
               <string>0x0a260006 9MB cursor bytes patch</string>
               <key>Find</key>
               <data>
               BgAmCgEDAwMAAAACAAAwAQAAYAA=

</data>
               <key>Name</key>
               <string>AppleIntelFramebufferAzul</string>
               <key>Replace</key>
               <data>
               BgAmCgEDAwMAAAACAAAwAQAAkAA=

</data>

Is it ok?

bogdangepe

bogdangepe

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Hi, I reinstalled windows in UEFI. Unfortunately when I want to boot from the card restarts. Folder drivers64UEFI - EmuVariableUefi-64.efi ; FSInject-64.efi ; HFSPlus.efi ; OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi ; OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi ; PartitionDxe-64.efi.

Config.plist  https://www.wetransf...22122143/06cc2f

ahmed_ais

ahmed_ais

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Hi, I reinstalled windows in UEFI. Unfortunately when I want to boot from the card restarts. Folder drivers64UEFI - EmuVariableUefi-64.efi ; FSInject-64.efi ; HFSPlus.efi ; OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi ; OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi ; PartitionDxe-64.efi.

Config.plist  https://www.wetransf...22122143/06cc2f

This is not Clover v2999 that I recommended in the guide. Not saying that only v2999 would work but some later versions gave me problems that I haven't had with v2999. Try it!

bogdangepe

bogdangepe

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
I dont found Clover v2999. I found Clover r2999 and dont works. Please upload yours Clover.In the link you put is the last version.

ahmed_ais

ahmed_ais

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 782 posts

I dont found Clover v2999. I found Clover r2999 and dont works. Please upload yours Clover.In the link you put is the last version.

You don't find it then you found it? Anyway, the link I put in the Download section was for the Clover project and you can choose from inside which version you want. This is the one I'm using: http://sourceforge.n...99.zip/download. If it doesn't work for you, zip your EFI folder and attach it here.

azubutaeyeon

azubutaeyeon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hi i Pmed you earlier this is my efi. 

Attached Files

• Attached File  EFI.zip   7.11MB   18 downloads

bogdangepe

bogdangepe

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

I reinstalled windows 7 on legacy BIOS. I thought they were different versions v2999 / r2999. I managed with Clover 2953, is going well.  Video card show it to 1.5 Gb are some glitches on the screen. There is a tutorial how to add patch in config.plist with playlist editor?

Where should I enter

<dict>

<key>Comment</key>
               <string>0x0a260006 9MB cursor bytes patch</string>
               <key>Find</key>
               <data>
               BgAmCgEDAwMAAAACAAAwAQAAYAA=

</data>
               <key>Name</key>
               <string>AppleIntelFramebufferAzul</string>
               <key>Replace</key>
               <data>
               BgAmCgEDAwMAAAACAAAwAQAAkAA=

under the text that says Kext an Patch?

P.S.

It is possible to start the video board showing 2047MB(NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M). Lenovo GeForce GT 750M show 0mb.Untitled.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2017 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy