674 replies to this topic

loserbaby

loserbaby

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Props Guys! Works great!

One question anyone using VMware Fusion or Parallels?  Both products on my gigabyte X99 OS X 10.10 run VM's really slow!  Cant even install windows.  I am assuming it is due to the kernel patch. Also assuming there won't be a fix till Apple Native CPU support. Looking for ideas or suggestions.

bomerr

bomerr

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Props Guys! Works great!

One question anyone using VMware Fusion or Parallels?  Both products on my gigabyte X99 OS X 10.10 run VM's really slow!  Cant even install windows.  I am assuming it is due to the kernel patch. Also assuming there won't be a fix till Apple Native CPU support. Looking for ideas or suggestions.

Does Vmware ESXI run on our platform?

stinga11

stinga11

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts
  • Interests:Music teacher in public schools

Props Guys! Works great!

verifies that you have the virtualization on in your BIOS

bomerr

bomerr

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

I got Yosemite installed but whenever I try logging in i get this

http://www.insanelym...sword-to-login/

Any help guys. 

stinga11

stinga11

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Maybe your installation is corrupt.

samtimbaud

samtimbaud

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

I got Yosemite installed but whenever I try logging in i get this

http://www.insanelym...sword-to-login/

Any help guys. 

god you succeded on asus MB?! but with wish cpu ?

bomerr

bomerr

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

I solved the issue, left the details in the other thread. 

nah I got a ga-x99-ud4. 

loserbaby

loserbaby

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

verifies that you have the virtualization on in your BIOS

I have done this.  Tried with VT-d enabled and disabled no difference.  Best I can assume is the patched kernel to run haswell code on hassle-e is the cause.  

bomerr

bomerr

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

I have done this.  Tried with VT-d enabled and disabled no difference.  Best I can assume is the patched kernel to run haswell code on hassle-e is the cause.  

do exactly what this guy says except cpus=1; don't add voodoo or any other extension during the install.

loserbaby

loserbaby

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

do exactly what this guy says except cpus=1; don't add voodoo or any other extension during the install.

I'm not sure you understand my problem.  I have a perfectly running X99 5930k Yosemite install.  I do dev work.  I need to run windows using either parallels or vmware fusion.  Both run the VM so slow that I cannot get windows to finish installing.  On my X79 system everything works great. I am just looking for confirmation that its the patched kernel that is causing the slow VM performance. Does anyone here have a X99 with either parallels or fusion running properly?

XLR

XLR

2cores1cpu.mov

• Donators
  • 954 posts

Can't get Clover to run 10.10 on my UD4, whatever i do it's always waiting for root device. :(

With Chameleon it doesn't happen, but it requires booting from MBR...

stinga11

stinga11

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts

we are working on the clover problems

bomerr

bomerr

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

I'm not sure you understand my problem.  I have a perfectly running X99 5930k Yosemite install.  I do dev work.  I need to run windows using either parallels or vmware fusion.  Both run the VM so slow that I cannot get windows to finish installing.  On my X79 system everything works great. I am just looking for confirmation that its the patched kernel that is causing the slow VM performance. Does anyone here have a X99 with either parallels or fusion running properly?

My bad. I was up all night working on my install.

Have you tried installing Vmware ESXi? : http://www.vmware.co...d-esx/overview 

loserbaby

loserbaby

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

My bad. I was up all night working on my install.

Have you tried installing Vmware ESXi? : http://www.vmware.co...d-esx/overview 

I use ESXi 5.5 for our infrastructure.  I like OSX as my main workstation OS.  I prefer it over windows or any of the *nix's.  I do however have some applications and Dev work that cannot be avoided in Windows.  I love the unity/coherence features of fusion/parallels.  They work great with my triple monitor workstation and I can work seamlessly between all the OSes I need.  My X79 workstation was flawless and I'm almost regretting upgrading but such is life and I know the X99 will get there in time; its the price one pays for cutting edge!

jamiethemorris

jamiethemorris

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts

I know this isn't ideal for you, but have you tried VirtualBox or Parallels? 

I would ask if you have the settings in VMware correct, but I'm assuming since you use ESXi you know what you're doing. I'm surprised a kernel patch would make it laggy, that doesn't make too much sense to me. I wonder if it's actually a BIOS/UEFI issue or something.

Rampage Dev

Rampage Dev

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,280 posts
  • Interests:AKern@RampageDev.com

Yep and its been fun so far... 

XLR

XLR

2cores1cpu.mov

• Donators
  • 954 posts

What's the problem with Clover exactly?

Why some people manage to install with Clover and others get stuck on "waiting for root device", on the same hatdware? it doesn't makes any sense.

Yep and its been fun so far... 

Your installation method is irrelevant for many people, as long as you don't post any info about the edits you did to those SSDT's.

Also, i tried your method with 10.9.5 and pretty much disappointed, because i've got much better results by editing my DSDT myself.

loserbaby

loserbaby

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

I know this isn't ideal for you, but have you tried VirtualBox or Parallels? 

I would ask if you have the settings in VMware correct, but I'm assuming since you use ESXi you know what you're doing. I'm surprised a kernel patch would make it laggy, that doesn't make too much sense to me. I wonder if it's actually a BIOS/UEFI issue or something.

Parallels is the same behavior. Virtualbox is a little better and is usable but not my preferred hypervisor.

Cindori

Cindori

OS X Developer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Hi samtimbaud, I made topic for us here: http://www.insanelym...e-and-yosemite/

Rampage Dev

Rampage Dev

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,280 posts
  • Interests:AKern@RampageDev.com

What's the problem with Clover exactly?

Why some people manage to install with Clover and others get stuck on "waiting for root device", on the same hatdware? it doesn't makes any sense.

Your installation method is irrelevant for many people, as long as you don't post any info about the edits you did to those SSDT's.

Also, i tried your method with 10.9.5 and pretty much disappointed, because i've got much better results by editing my DSDT myself.

SSDT does the same thing patch DSDT will do without being tied to the BIOS version. Editing your own DSDT has no benefit. 

Also I am working on getting Clover to work with x99 and since I don't plan to support Cham under 10.10 that would be contradictory now wouldn't? 

To answer your question about the issues with Clover its a Mem Map issue. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2017 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy