Nvidia Web Driver updates for Yosemite [UPDATE: 07/21/2017]

fantomas

670 posts in this topic

Well the point here seems to be "forced".

I already met this but I can't remember when and why it states that and how to solve it :unsure: ! Probably due to some double-boot-flag somewhere. But one thing is for sure, webdrivers aren't loaded at all !

Sorry, I have no answer on this :(

The another issue is when i change from control panel the drivers.... It dont ask me for reboot.

Clover inject is not present

Edit: now is ok! I forgot to rebuild the caches  :P

• Like 1

As I understand it, a Dell UP3214Q cannot be run at 4k @ 60hz on operating systems above 10.10.1. 

Can anyone clarify if this due to limitations with the nvidia drivers or OS X not supporting multi stream transport?

I'm stuck on a hack with MacMini 6,2 for an smbios, and a GTX 760 running on web driver 323.01.02f03. I'd like to update to get properly working sleep, but doing so has resulted in non-working displays.

I have just tried the Nvidia_Installer_AutoPacher kindly provided by polyzargone on 10.10.4 on WebDriver-346.01.02f02, but I still get the non-compatible message by the driver. Even after the installation has completed - before reboot. After I reboot I get the same, and log shows NVDAStartup: Official (forced)

Anyone has successfully installed the driver on 10.10.4?

I have just tried the Nvidia_Installer_AutoPacher kindly provided by polyzargone on 10.10.4 on WebDriver-346.01.02f02, but I still get the non-compatible message by the driver. Even after the installation has completed - before reboot. After I reboot I get the same, and log shows NVDAStartup: Official (forced)

Anyone has successfully installed the driver on 10.10.4?

As previously stated :rolleyes: , You have to edit the NVDAStartup.kext info.plist. See my post #339

Build number for OS X 10.10.4 AFAIK is 14DE11f (Public Beta, could be different with dev releases)

Rebuild permissions & kernel cache and you'll be fine !

BTW, you'll never have the "up-to-date" message until after you reboot…

Thanks. I thought the kext-hack was included in the patcher app. I have now updated the NVDAStartup.kext info.plist file. 

But is this expected result?

$ sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel

kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/Soundflower.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load

NVDAStartup.kext has invalid signature; omitting.

kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/JMicronATA.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load

kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/Soundflower.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load

edit: After doing this and rebooting with my old GeForce 120 card, I now had extremely slow graphics and a lot of flickering. If I tried to boot with my 750-TI card I had a black screen. I then re-installed the patched web-driver then I got the old card to work as it should (with os x drivers), but I can not get the new nvidia-driver to work :( 

Question:

independently of nvidia software , it is to be assigned possible to the graphics card more vram ?

at the intel HD 3000/ 4000 this works very well, or gives it as with Windows Nvidia Driver the possibility the buffer to change?

Thanks. I thought the kext-hack was included in the patcher app. I have now updated the NVDAStartup.kext info.plist file. 

But is this expected result?

$ sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel

NVDAStartup.kext has invalid signature; omitting.

kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/JMicronATA.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load

edit: After doing this and rebooting with my old GeForce 120 card, I now had extremely slow graphics and a lot of flickering. If I tried to boot with my 750-TI card I had a black screen. I then re-installed the patched web-driver then I got the old card to work as it should (with os x drivers), but I can not get the new nvidia-driver to work :(

No, this not what you should see :P

I don't see any "kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature for…". Are you sure this boot-flag is in your config file (config.plist or org.chameleon.Boot.plist) ? This is mandatory in Yosemite !

No, this not what you should see :P

I don't see any "kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature for…". Are you sure this boot-flag is in your config file (config.plist or org.chameleon.Boot.plist) ? This is mandatory in Yosemite !

Thank you for helping out, but I could not find enough information about the boot-flag you mention. Googling for config.plist seems to give me only hackintosh-related stuff. I'm on a 2009 Mac Pro. 

I had no problems with my card using 10.10.3 and the latest web driver, so I know that part works fine. 

Thank you for helping out, but I could not find enough information about the boot-flag you mention. Googling for config.plist seems to give me only hackintosh-related stuff. I'm on a 2009 Mac Pro. 

I had no problems with my card using 10.10.3 and the latest web driver, so I know that part works fine. 

Of course it won't work :P ! Sorry, but as you posted here on a Hackintosh forum, I was thinking that you actually used such a computer :hysterical:  !

Well, I guess that you'll have to downgrade to 10.10.3 or wait for the official release of NVIDIA webdrivers update for 10.10.4.

kurka, I'm on an early 2009 Mini myself, and these drivers actually helped me a bit about GPU crashing... So, just enter following (without outermost quotes) in terminal: "sudo nvram boot-args="-v kext-dev-mode=1 nvda_drv=1"" -v sets verbose boot, kext-dev-mode allows kexts load despite invalid signature and that last part forces the web driver. I'm on 10.10.4 (14E11f) and latest webdrivers myself.

EDIT: I'm thinking about taking this mac apart, removing the heatsinks and changing the thermal paste - got some fresh Ceramique 2 by Arctic Silver... Trying to find a solution to GPU crashing actually led me here and for a better solution than editing AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext's internals - I really do not understand those power states.

Of course it won't work :P ! Sorry, but as you posted here on a Hackintosh forum, I was thinking that you actually used such a computer :hysterical:  !

Stupid me - I just found this thread by searching and wasn't aware of it was Hackinotsh only. I was too eager to try to fix my problem :) I guess I have to be more patient and wait for official drivers for 10.10.4 as downgrading is not possible. Thanks again! 

Stupid me - I just found this thread by searching and wasn't aware of it was Hackinotsh only. I was too eager to try to fix my problem :) I guess I have to be more patient and wait for official drivers for 10.10.4 as downgrading is not possible. Thanks again! 

No probem :D

That said, DMCrimson gave you the solution to fix this on a real Mac. It should work but be aware that it will deactivate kext-signing which isn't an issue so far for Hackintosh users. ;).

Installed fine, but had to resort to patching the installer due to 14E17e. First boot with Apple drivers forced, second with no hitch. Also, moved hdd to optical bay on this mini, seems to help a bit with temps as I couldn't get the dratted heatsink off off the MCP to reapply the thermal paste.

no problems with my HackBook Pro :rofl: (late 2008) and his nVidia 9800m GTS...

I installed it by nVidia Driver manager pannel without issues...

Edit: after some test this driver crash firefox and other apps... It' s first driver that get me issues...

Having a lot of trouble with this release also. Installed fine but lots of stuff crashing:

• Flash crashes immediately in firefox
  • Firefox crashes if I open a file "Browse" box and then highlight a file
  • Other random crashes sometimes but not replicatable

I'm running 2 1920x1200 monitors too, both off DVI.

Another thing that always fails is when I close all PDFs in Preview (as in if I have multiple open and I close one it doesn't crash, but when I close the last one it crashes) it crashes.