can we get back the apple logo on boot?

JahStories

769 posts in this topic

• 4 weeks later...

What about Chameleon?

I don't think that has anything to do with the bootloader. The first part of the booting process is handled by the bootloader (and I would always recommend you Clover over Chameleon), the last part (the one with the issues) is handled by the OS itself. So...Chameleon won't help you with that.

But nonetheless, you can always try and come back with fresh information about this.

Well, I'm trying to obtain the new boot screen with Chameleon (I hate Clover, it caused problems for my hackintosh when I tried it...). All I could do was changing the background color manually (via this command  cd / sudo perl -pi.bak -e 's;\xff\xff\xff\xbf\xbf\xbf;\xff\xff\xff\x00\x00\x00;g' boot ) and changing and unstretching a white Apple logo through a Chameleon theme. But I cannot figure out how to recolor the progress bar: I'm pretty sure we have to work on /boot file. Any ideas?

By the way, Clover reads boot.efi in CoreServices, Chameleon draws the bootscreen manually.

Well, I'm trying to obtain the new boot screen with Chameleon (I hate Clover, it caused problems for my hackintosh when I tried it...). All I could do was changing the background color manually (via this command  cd / sudo perl -pi.bak -e 's;\xff\xff\xff\xbf\xbf\xbf;\xff\xff\xff\x00\x00\x00;g' boot ) and changing and unstretching a white Apple logo through a Chameleon theme. But I cannot figure out how to recolor the progress bar: I'm pretty sure we have to work on /boot file. Any ideas?

By the way, Clover reads boot.efi in CoreServices, Chameleon draws the bootscreen manually.

Ok. See, I thought you were having issues with the second stage boot logo, like most of us here. But now I understood.

Well, maybe posting this in the Clover thread would help...? I have to admit I'm not a big fan of Chameleon's. But I also didn't have any issues using Clover. I actually like it. But anyway, that's just my preference.

And I honestly don't know what to advice you about your issue since:

1. I used Clover and had no issues with it

2. I don't know exactly where or what you should edit in boot to get that fixed (assuming it can be fixed).

So...that's why I would suggest posting this into the right section (Clover thread) where I'm pretty sure more people will be able to help. You can find the thread here.

Clover thread? Ok, I read it as "you should really try to use Clover, my friend". I think I'll do so (while trying to obtain a perfect configuration as on Chameleon), mainly because there's a specific boot flag in Clover to enable the new dark bootscreen. Thanks for your help.

Clover thread? Ok, I read it as "you should really try to use Clover, my friend". I think I'll do so (while trying to obtain a perfect configuration as on Chameleon), mainly because there's a specific boot flag in Clover to enable the new dark bootscreen. Thanks for your help.

lol. No problem man. :) I hope you find a solution to that problem.

Thanks, your kext works, but Clover patch-on-the-fly does not work. my kext is the same as your old kext (DP3).

EDIT: This works:

<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>Second Stage patch 1</string>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>
				hcB0XUg=
				</data>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>IOGraphicsFamily</string>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>
				McB0W0g=
				</data>
			</dict>
			<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>Second Stage patch 2</string>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>
				QYjE6wM=
				</data>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>IOGraphicsFamily</string>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>
				QYjE6yM=
				</data>
			</dict>

Updated to 10.10.2 and cannot get this patch to work anymore. Anybody else see the return of glitched second stage boot screen?

Spang1974

Updated to 10.10.2 and cannot get this patch to work anymore. Anybody else see the return of glitched second stage boot screen?

Spang1974

Well, you're lucky it worked for you so far.

After DP3 or something, I never got a decent second stage boot logo. The first stage is perfect though.

I'm loosing my faith in this anyway.

Hello, does anyone know if there is some "patch" to correct the progress bar of the 2nd stage of the boot?

Here. The bar is not "centralized" below the logo "apple". It is in the lower left corner of the screen.

See this photo:

post-1145065-0-97503500-1422837047_thumb.jpg

And if you want to see the video of my boot:

Thanks for the help.

Hello, does anyone know if there is some "patch" to correct the progress bar of the 2nd stage of the boot?

Here. The bar is not "centralized" below the logo "apple". It is in the lower left corner of the screen.

See this photo:

attachicon.gifDSCF4708.JPG

attachicon.gifBoot Yosemite.mp4.zip

Thanks for the help.

Asking myself the same thing since DP3. And interestingly enough you got it in the middle, with the logo as well? This is weird.

See this photo:

Thanks for the help.

send me your DSDT+IOREG.

Asking myself the same thing since DP3. And interestingly enough you got it in the middle, with the logo as well? This is weird.

Yes. I have the "two" progress bars in the second boot stage.

I've tried everything. Enable in the Clover "PatchVBios" and the "Inject EDID" and also in "Kernel and Kext Patches". No it did not work.

send me your DSDT+IOREG.

Here it is: Jorge Files.zip

I resolved my problem with the "progress bar"!
What I did:
1- booted OS X without my DSDT patched. I ran out of the apple logo, but the bar was still appearing in the corner in the second boot stage.
2- I tried otherwise. I downloaded the ISO bootable CloverEFI. Booted for him, and the bar was right in the second boot stage, but as not carrying my DSDT with my patches applied, I was mute and my USB ports not working. I opened the "IOREG" application, to see what has changed. I saw that the "doors" (Connectors), were correct and showed only 3 "doors". With my DSDT, it shows me 4 "ports". As my video card only has 3 connectors (DP-HDMI-DVI-I Dual Link), then I thought and saw that he had another connector on my DSDT.
3 Based on this, I deleted the connector more in my DSDT, but first I noticed that my video card connector not used by IOREG app, and it was the 3rd connector. deleted it.
4- My video card is an ASUS Radeon HD 7750, and use the "framebuffer" "dashimaki", connected to a VGA monitor. In my "config.plist" the CloverEFI, was set for 4 doors, switched to 3. For coresponder with the number of connectors of my video card.

5- I mounted the EFI partition and put the files in their respective places. I rebooted the machine and go! Progress bar is displayed in the right place, which is below the apple logo.

• Like 3

I resolved my problem with the "progress bar"!

What I did:

1- booted OS X without my DSDT patched. I ran out of the apple logo, but the bar was still appearing in the corner in the second boot stage.

2- I tried otherwise. I downloaded the ISO bootable CloverEFI. Booted for him, and the bar was right in the second boot stage, but as not carrying my DSDT with my patches applied, I was mute and my USB ports not working. I opened the "IOREG" application, to see what has changed. I saw that the "doors" (Connectors), were correct and showed only 3 "doors". With my DSDT, it shows me 4 "ports". As my video card only has 3 connectors (DP-HDMI-DVI-I Dual Link), then I thought and saw that he had another connector on my DSDT.

3 Based on this, I deleted the connector more in my DSDT, but first I noticed that my video card connector not used by IOREG app, and it was the 3rd connector. deleted it.

4- My video card is an ASUS Radeon HD 7750, and use the "framebuffer" "dashimaki", connected to a VGA monitor. In my "config.plist" the CloverEFI, was set for 4 doors, switched to 3. For coresponder with the number of connectors of my video card.

5- I mounted the EFI partition and put the files in their respective places. I rebooted the machine and go! Progress bar is displayed in the right place, which is below the apple logo.

Where in Clover was set to 4 ports? And what did you change? Can you post some screenshots? I also have 3 ports on my video card and connected to a VGA monitor.

Could you or someone else make a tutorial of this? It's hard to understand what you're saying...

Where in Clover was set to 4 ports? And what did you change? Can you post some screenshots? I also have 3 ports on my video card and connected to a VGA monitor.

Could you or someone else make a tutorial of this? It's hard to understand what you're saying...

Friend saw you use NVIDIA GPU, I do not know how theirs activation method.

But I did so:

DSDT:
post-1145065-0-07222000-1423533667_thumb.png

Config.plist Clover:
post-1145065-0-83966700-1423533720_thumb.png

In Clover option "VídeoPorts". I do not know applies to nvidia cards.

My video card has only three connectors:
post-1145065-0-49539700-1423534111_thumb.png