can we get back the apple logo on boot?

JahStories

769 posts in this topic

Here is some data 1 / 2 with some (pfft) explanation. Just cosmetic i guess.

VRAM,totalsize

By changing it you will not get any inc/dec performances.

rom-revision

Is Vbios version. Nope, you can freely change that, or with actual values from windows in various ways including DOS, eg: nvflash / GPU-Z / aida64 / nvidia CP

GQVhKyG.png

• Like 1

Here is some data 1 / 2 with some (pfft) explanation. Just cosmetic i guess.

VRAM,totalsize

By changing it you will not get any inc/dec performances.

rom-revision

Is Vbios version. Nope, you can freely change that, or with actual values from windows in various ways including DOS, eg: nvflash / GPU-Z / aida64 / nvidia CP

GQVhKyG.png

ok, so 0x80000000 is correct for 2048 MB. And yeah, it might be just cosmetic. Who knows.

I never thought I would need Windows to solve a Mac problem...

I found this as an online alternative. :D So mine (for N650-2GD5/OC) would be: 80.07.35.00.04. Pretty similar to what you got. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Damn, any of these tips doesn't work for me! My system ver. is 10.10.5.

GeForce 960 GTX with nvidia web drivers currently installed.

I've still got glitch with second stage booting. I've got black screen, apple logo but in the second stage bar is in the left down pos. and I've no idea why.

I've made EDID Injection (+ custom EDID) turn off nvidia injection - everything works like a charm - I also add to clover plist:

<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Bootloader Graphics - Second Stage Patch</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>QYjE6xE=</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>IOGraphicsFamily</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>QYjE6zE=</data>
</dict>

I've tried to edit IOGraphicsFamily:

# Run the following commands in order to patch IOGraphicsFamily to resolve bootup graphics glitches
sudo perl -i.bak -pe 's|\x41\x88\xC4\xEB\x11|\x41\x88\xC4\xEB\x31|sg' /System/Library/Extensions/IOGraphicsFamily.kext/IOGraphicsFamily

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

or

Find: 0100007517
Replace: 0100007417
Comment: Second Boot Stage

But it also make no different.

Now I'm at work so I cant paste my config.plist now, but I hope it could give you guys any hints what wrong in my conf is.

I don't want to include CsmVideoDxe-64.efi  because it make more problems than solved them (Clover works in low dpi mode with CsmVideoDxe-64.efi, without it it works great).

any ideas? thanks for all feedback...

Damn, any of these tips doesn't work for me! My system ver. is 10.10.5.

GeForce 960 GTX with nvidia web drivers currently installed.

I've still got glitch with second stage booting. I've got black screen, apple logo but in the second stage bar is in the left down pos. and I've no idea why.

I've made EDID Injection (+ custom EDID) turn off nvidia injection - everything works like a charm - I also add to clover plist:

I've tried to edit IOGraphicsFamily:

or

But it also make no different.

Now I'm at work so I cant paste my config.plist now, but I hope it could give you guys any hints what wrong in my conf is.

I don't want to include CsmVideoDxe-64.efi  because it make more problems than solved them (Clover works in low dpi mode with CsmVideoDxe-64.efi, without it it works great).

any ideas? thanks for all feedback...

Well, you seem to be missing the most important part: AAPL,boot-display property. :)

The patch that you've tried didn't work for me, and apparently doesn't work for you either. Also, I think it's for iGPUs only. So...yeah.

Inject EDID and PatchVBios are also important, but you can do that easily from Clover. The hardest part in this equation is getting that custom hex for your video card.

If you read throughout the last posts, that part is pretty much crucial to getting this fixed. You seem to be having the same issue as most people here were having (including myself).

Now it's solved, and I've got something that can be considered pretty much a perfect boot (both stages). Also, I'm pretty sure you won't need CsmVideoDxe-64.efi for this to work.

So I'm really hoping I/we can help you get yours fixed as well. But injecting that device-property hex (or editing a DSDT, which, sorry, I find really complicated to do) should set you on the right track. :)

So, we're gonna need not necessarily your config (although that might be helpful, as well), but your Ioreg to see which port you're using, and a device-property.hex from DarwinDumper. With those two, we can move forward.

Also, if this is successful for you too, I think I might write a tutorial, based on my experience, and cecekpawon's feedback, so that we can refer people to it. :)

Also, I don't use the Nvidia web drivers anymore. I didn't find any added value in using them. Works just as well without them.

Hmm, I don't know if I understand you correctly. 

But for first, thanks for your fast feedback - really. I've read much about installation and post-installation things and only got problem with this glitch and itunes login.

I made inject EDID but also put custom EDID based of my GTX card taken from IOJones and converted to correct format into config.plist. It's what are you talking about?

It looks like this:

<key>Graphics</key>
<dict>
<key>InjectEDID</key>
<true/>
<key>CustomEDID</key>
<data>AP///////wBMowAC/////wAVAQOAHRD/LwAAoFdJmyYQSE8AAAABAQEBAQEBAQEBAQEBAQEBnhtWeFAAGDAwICUAJaUQAAAZAAAA/QAAPADZCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMw=</data>
</dict>

DSDT is from web and it's for my motherboard (z97n).

If these informations it's not all you need, I'll come back to home after few hours and put everything what needed. As I said, I don't want to make new questions here before looking for solution in google, but nothing works for me. Thanks once more time :)

Hmm, I don't know if I understand you correctly.

But for first, thanks for your fast feedback - really. I've read much about installation and post-installation things and only got problem with this glitch and itunes login.

I made inject EDID but also put custom EDID based of my GTX card taken from IOJones and converted to correct format into config.plist. It's what are you talking about?

It looks like this:

DSDT is from web and it's for my motherboard (z97n).

If these informations it's not all you need, I'll come back to home after few hours and put everything what needed. As I said, I don't want to make new questions here before looking for solution in google, but nothing works for me. Thanks once more time :)

Well, nothing else worked for me either. So I hope we can find a solution for you, too.

You might not need a custom DSDT. I don't use one, and all my patches are made through Clover. Works great for me. But I use a different motherboard. So...we'll see about that.

Please, don't inject 2 EDIDs. :)) Just let Clover do its job and choose "Inject EDID" in Graphics section. It will do the same thing. Don't force it. Let's see how it works this way.

The iTunes login issue might be related to your config.plist.

But first, let's see if we can fix the graphics issue and the logo issue, since this is what this thread is all about.

So, we're gonna need:

1. your config.plist - to see what's going on right now with your system. Please, make a backup of that and of your custom DSDT if you're using one. We might try without it, for once.

2. your IOreg - You can use IORegistryExplorer v2.1 to save your ioreg file. If you don't already have it, you can download it from this thread.

3. your device-property.hex - you can extract that using DarwinDumper which you can download from here. You only need to select "Device Properties".

4. Specify your exact video card maker and model (picture can help, as well, as long as that's your card)

Upload all those files here and we'll take a look. Also, if you don't need the Nvidia drivers, you can just as well, uninstall them. It's only lost space, if you don't take real advantage of them.

OK I removed SSDT from Clover, remove my own inject and just leave Clover inject and nothing changed...

My config in my next post via my dropbox.

My graphic card is Palit GTX 960 4GB like this exactly:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Palit-GeForce-GTX-960-Reference-2048MB-GDDR5-PCI-Express-Graphics-Card-N-/351525729986?hash=item51d890f6c2

but with 4GB ram, nothing else changed

In attach files I give you ioreg, device-prop.hex in zip because I've got error when I want upload more than one file :)

Attachment doesnt work, so here's my dropbox:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m1du6bgue4dea6w/device-rpopandiofile.zip?dl=0

P.S: Now I'm realised that without SSDT in Clover I haven't got audio (ALC892) so I think it should stay for now.

OK I removed SSDT from Clover, remove my own inject and just leave Clover inject and nothing changed...

My config:

I hope it could help.

My graphic card is Palit GTX 960 4GB like this exactly:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Palit-GeForce-GTX-960-Reference-2048MB-GDDR5-PCI-Express-Graphics-Card-N-/351525729986?hash=item51d890f6c2

but with 4GB ram, nothing else changed

In attach files I give you ioreg, device-prop.hex in zip because I've got error when I want upload more than one file :)

Attachment doesnt work, so here's my dropbox:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m1du6bgue4dea6w/device-rpopandiofile.zip?dl=0

P.S: Now I'm realised that without SSDT in Clover I haven't got audio (ALC892) so I think it should stay for now.

But I've got issue that I have to doubleclick on icon in dock to change active window when two apps are on the different spaces - any tips to fix that? On the same space everything work with single click.

I'll take a look.

You don't need SSDT. I will teach you how to patch your audio with toleda's script, via Clover. So that you won't need any DSDT/SSDT. You can keep your computer cleaner this way. And easier to manage. Not to mention, easier to debug, in case of issues. You can keep it for now, if you want, so that you can have sound. Just keep in mind that you don't need it for sound. I've got the same audio codec.

I don't know what you mean with double click to change active windows. But I doubt it's got anything to do with the boot logo. So please, let's keep it about the boot logo for now.

So your card has 4 ports: 2 DVIs, one HDMI and one DP? Is that correct? That link doesn't show the ports...which I'm most interested in. So I had to google around to find a better picture.

Also, please, upload your config.plist, as zip, as well.

Ach sorry I've deleted question about doubleclick, I fix it already and, as you said, it's not thread for this.

Yup, two DVIs, one HDMI and one DP. I'm connected via DP.

And of course, if it's better way to got audio I'm sure want to know how to. I could google it later or ask you, but for now bootlogo is my main question of course :)

Thanks for your help, I'm waiting for an answer! :)

//edit:

Ok:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nez51fshvm5sc17/config.plist.zip?dl=0

Ach sorry I've deleted question about doubleclick, I fix it already and, as you said, it's not thread for this.

Yup, two DVIs, one HDMI and one DP. I'm connected via DP.

And of course, if it's better way to got audio I'm sure want to know how to. I could google it later or ask you, but for now bootlogo is my main question of course :)

Thanks for your help, I'm waiting for an answer! :)

I'm on it. Please, upload your config.plist as zip. Dropbox or forum upload. As you wish. But I will need that config later.

Ok, it's done. I hope it works for you.

1. Please, make a backup of your current config.plist and SSDT/DSDT somewhere on your computer (Desktop for example)

2. replace the config with the one from the attachment

3. remove the SSDT/DSDT from Clover/ACPI/Patched for now. You might lose sound, yes, but let's see if the logo issues are fixed now.

4. reboot

fix gtx 960.zip

Heh, I've got that lovely screen:

(and clover was in low dpi mode)

Of course I removed SSDT as you said :)

Which drivers (UEFI drivers?) do you have with Clover?

Also, do you have custom things anywhere?

Do you have all your custom kexts in Clover/kexts/10.10?

Also, try this:

1. boot in single user verbose mode (press Spacebar on the drive to boot and select from the list)

2. when it asks you to enter those commands, enter:

/sbin/mount -uw /

Then this:

rm -r -v /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/*

And then this:

reboot now

This should help remove kext caches and so they can rebuild.

Also, you can simply try restarting your computer. I sometimes get KP, as well. Reboot sometimes fixes it.

2hgfvrc.png

I've got just them and yes, every kext stay in 10.10. I'll do what you say.

I can't get into -s -v because of this:

I even tried to delete most of my kext and check it too, same screen.

I don't think you should delete kexts.

Try booting from the USB drive to see if it's something related to the config.

Also, if you're using Nvidia proprietary driver, try without it.

arsradu I would really appreciate if you could help me fix the second stage boot

this is my video card

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4361#ov

it's got DVI-D/DVI-A/HDMI/DP

this is my IOREG (I don't inject any other device properties, only dsdt patches)

Thanks in advance

Hi

I will also need your config.plist and (most importantly) your device-properties.hex. The IOreg will be used just to see which port you're using. Doesn't help me much for anything else.

Hi

took a new one with IORegistryExplorer v2.1

Much better. :)

Make a backup of your config.plist, and DSDT/SSDT if you're using any.

Replace the config with the one from the attachment. And keep your fingers crossed.

Have a bootable USB drive ready, just in case.

I left you the txt file with the hex code in case you want to use it later.

I saw you removed a lot of the stuff in your config. I hope you also know how to put it back. :P

Basically what you need is (in Clover config):

1. inject this custom hex code into Devices/Properties.

2. move on to Graphics and tick the boxes for Inject EDID and Patch VBIOS.

3. reboot.

I already did all that (- reboot, of course). So you only need to replace your config. But if you would want to do it yourself, this is what you need to do.

Oh, and if you're using Nvidia driver, maybe try for once without it?

fix gtx 660.zip

Sadly it doesn't work :(

first stage boot, than black screen and than straight to desktop

same as before

BTW, also tried to add

@0,AAPL,boot-display to DSDT (all other were already there in IOREG)

same results.

Are you still using a custom DSDT? Maybe they cancel each other out...