do not work for me. Here is my config.plist

Attached Files

H0chi

H0chi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:i7-4790 # AsRock H97-Pro4 # 16GB RAM # R9 290 Tri-X # Dual Boot (Win8.1 & 10.10.2)

So you get a Black Screen? Did you try to unplug the Video Cable and Plug back in? Because did it for me.

Drun555

Drun555

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Unfortunately, unplugging the cable doesn't work. What kind of cable do you use? Im use DisplayPort, but when i'm trying to use dvi-d, it doesn't work anyway

H0chi

H0chi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:i7-4790 # AsRock H97-Pro4 # 16GB RAM # R9 290 Tri-X # Dual Boot (Win8.1 & 10.10.2)

That's a pity. I am using DP too. 

Dedox

Dedox

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

tried today 10.10.3 beta 2, and i didn't succeed (it worked under beta 1). anyone update?

aicragleon

aicragleon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

To get 290x with dual monitors / multi monitors (works with 3 for me) boot with one monitor, put computer to sleep, then plug in 2nd monitor (or 2nd and 3rd), then wake the computer, profit. 

I have a 290x on Yosemite using Clover with an x79 board. I found this out after hours of troubleshooting. The only thing I changed in the config.plist was to use Hawaii framebuffer, and if you have a problem with dual monitors then you probably don't have to worry about this since I have the same problem as everyone else. Tonight I will experiment with a script to put the computer to sleep at bootup to see if having 3 monitors connected will work after sleep and wake, or if OS X has to boot with only one monitor. This answer will come soon since I am on my way home now. The script was from the old 7970 days when a sleep trick was the fix for that. I will post the source for this and instructions on my next post.

Alphix

Alphix

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hey guys,

Recently I got myself an Asus R9 290 Dual OC. I had a working Yosemite installation before that, using an old Nvidia GT210 I had somewhere. 

I'm not really new to Hackintosh, so I followed some of the steps in this thread and injected the Fake ID into my Clover USB using a VM.

Unfortunately I can't seem to get past the multicolored Apple spinner in a new installation.

When I try to boot into my old Yosemite installation I get a 1280x1024 resolution and lots of lag.

''about this Mac'' sees my 290 but says it only has 5mb (!) of VRAM.

I tried editing the AMD kexts. The 4000 kext is already edited (?) and the ''contents'' folder of the 8000 kext doesn't show an info.plist.

I'm also not able to use the ones Itonslug provided since the Dropbox link is dead.

I hope someone can help me out!

OstlerDev

OstlerDev

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hey guys,

Recently I got myself an Asus R9 290 Dual OC. I had a working Yosemite installation before that, using an old Nvidia GT210 I had somewhere. 

I'm not really new to Hackintosh, so I followed some of the steps in this thread and injected the Fake ID into my Clover USB using a VM.

Unfortunately I can't seem to get past the multicolored Apple spinner in a new installation.

When I try to boot into my old Yosemite installation I get a 1280x1024 resolution and lots of lag.

''about this Mac'' sees my 290 but says it only has 5mb (!) of VRAM.

I tried editing the AMD kexts. The 4000 kext is already edited (?) and the ''contents'' folder of the 8000 kext doesn't show an info.plist.

I'm also not able to use the ones Itonslug provided since the Dropbox link is dead.

I hope someone can help me out!

I am having a similar issue as well seeing as the dropbox link is dead. I do not see the info.plist inside of AMD8000Controller.kext. 

I am going to try to fix the system definition first then respond with progress. http://i.imgur.com/jBXxeUY.png

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2015 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy