Ozmosis

xpamamadeus
6,231 posts in this topic

How can you link the OEM Splashscreen to the GUI and use it as background? I've never seen that and the Gigabyte Splashscreen doesn't get displayed either. So I don't get what you're saying or I'm just missunderstanding you...

The GUID I was talking about is for the pointer image which can be found in the Theme file. That's also why you can't find the ID in the UEFI.

My answer for you is a question! Why from the OzmosisGUI and when you double click on BIOS Chip icon it takes you to UEFI Settings after a reboot, or double click on HermitShell for example it takes you to it? How can it be possible, now you'll not misunderstand me!  :wink_anim:  ^_^

That is possible because of the OzmosisUI Implemetation in Ozmosis itself. Both services have fixed file GUIDs which are set in the theme.plist under "Command". Ozmosis reads this value and starts the EFI Application with the GUID set in the propertylist.

An OEM splashscreen isn't an EFI Application, though...

That is possible because of the OzmosisUI Implemetation in Ozmosis itself. Both services have fixed file GUIDs which are set in the theme.plist under "Command". Ozmosis reads this value and starts the EFI Application with the GUID set in the propertylist.

An OEM splashscreen isn't an EFI Application, though...

Not only that but in Ozmosis.ffs I have found the Hermitshell Guid referenced in code so its hardwired to load the shell. Unfortunately in my system i either have to do a cmos reset or delete HermitShell from the boot menu using bcfg so it is reinstated or else the reference is lost after a reboot. I dont know if references in theme.plist will make a difference in my case but going to try probably by Sunday. Stay tuned.

Some things are referenced in ozmosis.efi. This way the command "Firmware" also works although its obviously not a File GUID... I don't think that these values in the Plist are only there to look good, they should serve a purpose unless it's not implemented (yet).

Do you use a shell where the File GUID matches the one in the Theme.plist?

Some things are referenced in ozmosis.efi. This way the command "Firmware" also works although its obviously not a File GUID... I don't think that these values in the Plist are only there to look good, they should serve a purpose unless it's not implemented (yet).

Do you use a shell where the File GUID matches the one in the Theme.plist?

No I was forced to use bcfg boot add as I couldn't get the built in shell working. It would work only once then after reboot not work anymore. Ill try to alter theme.plist guids and see what can happen.

No I was forced to use bcfg boot add as I couldn't get the built in shell working. It would work only once then after reboot not work anymore. Ill try to alter theme.plist guids and see what can happen.

what does not work after restart? Theme?

@Crusher,

No not the theme. What doesn't work is the 'Builtin Shell' or Hermitshell from either the F12 boot menu or from the Oz GUI. Only works once. After reboot not work again when trying to load it from Firmware Volume. So I have to create a bcfg boot add to hermitshell off of my efi folder.

@Crusher,

No not the theme. What doesn't work is the 'Builtin Shell' or Hermitshell from either the F12 boot menu or from the Oz GUI. Only works once. After reboot not work again when trying to load it from Firmware Volume. So I have to create a bcfg boot add to hermitshell off of my efi folder.

Try to add and hermitshell via bcfg like a boot.

HS DP6  install Success on QUO SysDef iMac 13,2 after changing Defaults.plist

<key>BiosDate</key>
		<string>08/08/2017</string>
		<key>BiosVersion</key>
		<string>IM131.88Z.010F.B00.1708080805</string>

High Sierra DP7 from DP6 .. nothing to do, just works.

• Like 2

High Sierra DP7 from DP6 .. nothing to do, just works.

<key>FirmwareFeatures</key>
		<integer>3909612855</integer>
		<key>FirmwareFeaturesMask</key>
		<integer>4280287039</integer>

:) HI  .I also use QUO SysDef iMac 13,2 

What's your FirmwareFeatures & FirmwareFeaturesMask?     I set  3909612855 & 4280287039 not work with High Sierra DP7 .....

What's your FirmwareFeatures & FirmwareFeaturesMask?     I set  3909612855 & 4280287039 not work with High Sierra DP7 .....

For 13,2.

post-971914-0-23015700-1503496967_thumb.png

<integer>0xE907F537</integer>
<integer>0xFFFFFFFF</integer>

Ok, a fresh question from an old time user. I have a Fusion Disk with Sierra on it booting from Ozmosis (a very old version that allowed for Fusion drives I believe it was 894M) it has served me very well thus far, however with High Sierra I can only get a KP, and it is so fast that It doesn't give me an option to view the error before it scrolls past with a full screen of debug followed by mach restart 3 times.

This is on a separate single SATA drive I use for Beta testing on my hack vs beta testing on my MacBook Pro (where I installed the OS on the disk like I did Sierra). All protections are disabled in firmware so it should see the FakeSMC.ffs like Sierra does, and load it.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

HBP

:: Edited ::

After Screencapturing the monitor with my iPhone, the KP is on com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform(6.1)

it does pick up FakeSMC but for some reason, the ACPI for Sierra doesn't work for High Sierra?  any thoughts?

TY @Kynyo BackDash's post and my German Helped allot, now I just have to get my Nvidia card to be willing to work in something other than Vesa mode and I can begin testing it in earnest.

HBP

I think I found a solution to the background image issue though it is a work around and have not implemented it. Think what would work is if you load another bootloader like Refind from the firmware volume setting up a background, and from there chain load Ozmosis or your choice of bootloader after from the fs0 or fs1 drive. I've done this virtually in OVMF and I think this is a better option than having Ozmosis load from the firmware. From there it would be theoretically possible to mod Clover to run from the firmware as well with a little work. 

Why would you want to run Clover from Firmware? No offense but I think your solution is a little very complicated :|  :D

I really like the scripts that THe KiNG posted, they make it really fast setting up new Themes.

But there's one thing that really bothers me and that is that there's no way to setup an image for new OS X versions as Sierra atm. It appears that badges with an even number are supposed to be shown for OS X Installers. The ones with an odd numbers are there for the main OS X version. Following this scheme, Sierra should have the number 17 and the SierraInstaller the number 16. Setting it up like that, the PNG files are loaded but not displayed for Sierra. Instead the GUI shows the Generic.png. Since there's a typo in the Yosemite (Yosimite) badge, I figured that the name of the badge doesn't really matter which can be validated with tests.

The official HorizontalTheme in it's newest version consists of a badge for Sierra. But also here, the badge isn't displayed in the GUI.

This issues was the main reason for me to start this theme discussion which ended with THe KiNG releasing the scripts. But this must be something about Theme implementation in the main driver. Since Sierra is the first OS that behaves like that with badges and also the first OS to have the name "macOS" rather than "OS X", that rename could be a starting point. I don't have any access to source code or anything which is why I can't help myself and am asking this over here. I would love to be able to setup badges for upcoming macOS Versions since I would like to use Ozmosis as long as that is still possible.

Why would you want to run Clover from Firmware? No offense but I think your solution is a little very complicated :|  :D

I really like the scripts that THe KiNG posted, they make it really fast setting up new Themes.

But there's one thing that really bothers me and that is that there's no way to setup an image for new OS X versions as Sierra atm. It appears that badges with an even number are supposed to be shown for OS X Installers. The ones with an odd numbers are there for the main OS X version. Following this scheme, Sierra should have the number 17 and the SierraInstaller the number 16. Setting it up like that, the PNG files are loaded but not displayed for Sierra. Instead the GUI shows the Generic.png. Since there's a typo in the Yosemite (Yosimite) badge, I figured that the name of the badge doesn't really matter which can be validated with tests.

The official HorizontalTheme in it's newest version consists of a badge for Sierra. But also here, the badge isn't displayed in the GUI.

This issues was the main reason for me to start this theme discussion which ended with THe KiNG releasing the scripts. But this must be something about Theme implementation in the main driver. Since Sierra is the first OS that behaves like that with badges and also the first OS to have the name "macOS" rather than "OS X", that rename could be a starting point. I don't have any access to source code or anything which is why I can't help myself and am asking this over here. I would love to be able to setup badges for upcoming macOS Versions since I would like to use Ozmosis as long as that is still possible.

I would do it for the same reason as why you would install Ozmosis in the firmware if not for the fact that every new release would require a new flashing because Clover updates are more frequent than Oz. Of course it makes more sense to leave it on your efi folder. Easier to manage. Its doable as difficult as it is to implement and getting close to have Refind bootloader running off of the firmware such that you would have a graphical boot menu. As far as getting Oz to recognize Sierra and Hi Sierra it would take understanding where on the boot drive and what sector address + phrase Oz is using to verify Yosemite or El Cap or Tiger and replace it with the appropriate keyword for Sierra and replace the old bagdes no one ever uses anymore.

Anyhow I've given up playing with the Themes for now. Got 'The Kings' theme files unpacked and modded the compile.bat file to use the Tools I posted earlier. Just compile from the root folder like 'compile.bat Horizontaltheme'. Gave up on getting the background to be utilized though even though the script includes it in there. Though think I understand why Hermitshell wont load from firmware memorymapped volume more than once. I read some bioses will resort the boot menu items and the memory mapped volume address gets displaced due to incorrect formatting.

Still got work to do..