100% Working Features
- Onboard Intel i217 Ethernet (Need attached kext - AppleIntelE1000e.kext)
- Onboard Realtek ALC 898 Intel HDA Audio (Need attached kexts - AppleHDA.kext (back up existing one!) and HDAEnabler1.kext)
- Onboard Intel USB 3.0 (Native)
- Onboard Intel SATA3 in AHCI Mode (6GB/s) (Native)
- Onboard Graphics (see instructions in the 5th post of this thread http://www.insanelym...h/#entry1930808) - More info in this thread http://www.insanelym...-6#entry1927690 and at pikeralpha's blog http://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/
- NVIDIA Geforce GTX 670 Discrete Graphics card (Native)
- Sleep (Native)
Mostly Working Features
- Power Management (Native)
Untested features not yet tested by anyone
- Onboard Marvell SATA3 (6Gb/s) AHCI controller for eSATA and extra onboard ports. Shows up in System Profiler natively without any work or kexts, but I have not tested it! As with any other motherboard, don't use these ports unless you have to. Even if they work 100%, the Intel controller is always more stable and reliable, and faster too.
Important BIOS Setting Tested using Gigabyte Beta Bios F6L from http://forums.tweakt...-beta-bios.html YMMV with other BIOS versions:
- If you are not using onboard graphics you have to disable it!
- Onboard SATA set to AHCI mode with Hot Plug turned on for every port
- XHCI mode set to Auto instead of Smart Auto
- EHCI Hand-off enabled
- XHCI Hand-off enabled
- Secure boot DISABLED
- Network stack DISABLED (this only affects the built in networking features of the UEFI bios, conflicts with AppleIntelE1000e)
- When booting Hackintosh volumes, you will see both a UEFI and non-UEFI version of the device in the boot list, use the non-UEFI version for quicker boot.
- Follow other Hackintosh guides for Mavericks USB install such as this one: http://www.insanelym...h-install-guide.
- Use latest chameleon build from http://www.insanelym...ameleon-22-svn/ instead of older versions. (I have bundled v2253)
- Recommend you boot the first few times with -v -f so you can see if there are any problems.
- Ignore any kext zip bundles in other guides, use the one I've attached instead. Feel free to use those other packages for mach_kernel or OSInstall tweaks, just ignore the kexts!
- Make sure to chmod -R 755 and chown -R root:wheel all kexts before moving them to their desired locations.
- Chameleon Wizard http://www.insanelym...-for-chameleon/ (I have bundled v4.2.1)
- HWMonitor (plugins pre-installed in attached FakeSMC.kext) http://hwmonitor.mac.informer.com (I have bundled v5.2)
Incompatible Recommended Utilities pending OS X 10.9 Updates
- Kext Utility
- Trim Enabler
Advice for anyone reading this thread to help with boards other than Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H
- Avoid boards with Killer Gaming NIC. It will never work.
- Avoid boards with fancy gamer-oriented onboard audio Creative X-Fi stuff, it'll never work
- Avoid Asus Z87 boards completely until you can find evidence that they've fixed them. As of 2013-07-07 they all have a UEFI bug with booting GPT partitioned storage devices. You can get it to work with MBR patches but it is extra work and error-prone. I returned my Z87-Pro for this very reason. Lots of nasty back and forth with an unhelpful Asus rep at Hardforums: 89 207 (whole thread here: http://hardforum.com...post1039971598). This bug can also affect Linux and even Windows 8 installs in some specific but less common scenarios, it's a real nasty bug.
- VoodooHDA is a great way to get basic audio working on other ALC chips, or even the 898. It has a few issues which is why people prefer AppleHDA / HDAEnaber/ DSDT patches. Keep an eye on http://www.insanelym...-5#entry1930410 and other threads for improved AppleHDA ALC 898 solutions as well as possible ALC 892 or 1150 solutions.
- A ton of extra info (and most of my references) on Haswell Hackintosh can be found in the Gigabyte Z87-D3HP thread here http://www.insanelym...ell-hackintosh/
What can you do to help?
- Please report back to this thread if you hear of any useful DSDT/SSDT/SMBIOS.plist edits to improve power management or remove the need for HDAEnabler/patched AppleHDA!
Please let me know if I missed anything or if you have problems with your Z87X-UD3H.
2013-07-07 Initial release with Z87UD3H files v1.1 zip (credit: hnak for AppleIntelE1000E core, gaspimp for AppleIntelE1000E 2.4.14 merge/10.9 build, netkas for FakeSMC, Toleda for AppleHDA+HDAEnabler1)
2013-07-07 Added Optional AICPUPM Debug Info kext to Z87UD3H files v1.2 zip (credit: pikeralpha)
2013-07-07 Bundled Chameleon, Chameleon Wizard, HWMonitor, Z87XUD3H BIOS F6L in Z87UD3H files v1.3 zip (credit: Chameleon Project for chameleon, kozlek for HWMonitor, janek202 for Chamelon Wizard, Gigabyte for F6L BIOS)
2013-09-08 Fixed files download link. DO NOT USE BETA BIOS F6L ANYMORE. LATEST F7 BIOS FROM GIGABYTE WORKS GREAT.
Z87XUD3H Files v1.3 DOWNLOAD: https://mega.co.nz/#...UpMULfgiMedll6g