[Success] Gigabyte Z87-D3HP -- first Haswell hackintosh?

345 posts in this topic

12 hours to reach this screen. Make the Hackintosh reminds me the good times of old linux distributions, in which they spent the same time to set up a mouse.

Now, let's try to make things more stable.

Captura%20de%20Tela%202013-08-09%20%C3%A

• Like 1

Hey René_,

Do you think I have a problem with that kext because my board is slightly different than yours or because I'm on 10.8.4?

I really don't know. You said VoodooHDA didn't work for you too. VoodooHDA worked perfect for me.

I'm using the mach_kernel from 10.8.5.

Give me some time and I'll install 10.8.4 and try to look at it.

I made a clean install with 10.8.4 with myHack and update to 10.8.5 because my 8800GT works in 10.8.5 and not in 10.8.4.

I really don't know. You said VoodooHDA didn't work for you too. VoodooHDA worked perfect for me.

I'm using the mach_kernel from 10.8.5.

Give me some time and I'll install 10.8.4 and try to look at it.

I made a clean install with 10.8.4 with myHack and update to 10.8.5 because my 8800GT works in 10.8.5 and not in 10.8.4.

The problem with VoodooHDA was that my orange and green output were on the same line (Gigabyte must have changed something in the wiring of the H87 audio jacks) If I removed the orange jack I could hear sound just fine but didn't want to do that every time I'm switching between Win to Mac. 
Anyway, I've just updated to 10.8.5. Guess what, your AppleHDA.kext works like a charm. Had a little "cpu timer running twice as it should" problem but the new Chimera fixed it right up. My hackintosh is perfect now. Thanks a lot for your help & kext  ;)
  • Like 1

A new day, a new problem.

Could proceed with the update and now I'm on OS X 10.9 DP5, but still can not get the boot without having to use the the-x flag.

I read something about using the kexts:

- ATISupport.kext

- ATIRadeonX3000.ket

- ATI5000Controller.kext

Taking care to later add the id of my Radeon HD5850 1GB Toxic (id = 6899) in these kext plist.

Unfortunately now I'm caught in the boot and the return I am having is that the kext ATISupport is duplicated with ATIController.

Someone passed around?

The problem with VoodooHDA was that my orange and green output were on the same line (Gigabyte must have changed something in the wiring of the H87 audio jacks) If I removed the orange jack I could hear sound just fine but didn't want to do that every time I'm switching between Win to Mac. 

Anyway, I've just updated to 10.8.5. Guess what, your AppleHDA.kext works like a charm. Had a little "cpu timer running twice as it should" problem but the new Chimera fixed it right up. My hackintosh is perfect now. Thanks a lot for your help & kext  ;)

I can confirm that the patched AppleHDA from 10.8.5 does not work on 10.8.4.

I was trying to patch the 10.8.4 kext, but did not succeed. It's beyond my knowledge.

Patching the 10.8.5 AppleHDA was almost the same as the Mavericks.

Good to hear you've got it working, at last :)

A new day, a new problem.

Could proceed with the update and now I'm on OS X 10.9 DP5, but still can not get the boot without having to use the the-x flag.

I read something about using the kexts:

- ATISupport.kext

- ATIRadeonX3000.ket

- ATI5000Controller.kext

Taking care to later add the id of my Radeon HD5850 1GB Toxic (id = 6899) in these kext plist.

Unfortunately now I'm caught in the boot and the return I am having is that the kext ATISupport is duplicated with ATIController.

Someone passed around?

@mafhper

You need AMD5000Controller.kext and your Device ID is already in it (0x68991002)

Same for AMDRadeonX3000.kext.

Don’t use the ATI kexts from Mountain Lion or so, they will not work. Remove them!

Same for ATY_Init, remove it.

So to keep it short, you don’t have to change your kexts. Use the default ones from Mavericks.

Rebuild your cache files with myHack > myFix and use the option FULL.

Maybe you can try ATI5000Injector if it still does not load.

http://cl.ly/Ie6Q

But I don’t think you’ll need it. Your Device ID is in all the default kexts.

http://www.osx86.net/video-graphics/17815-hd5850-fully-recognized-but-screen-flicker-see-video.html#post116368

@mafhper

You need AMD5000Controller.kext and your Device ID is already in it (0x68991002)

Same for AMDRadeonX3000.kext.

Don’t use the ATI kexts from Mountain Lion or so, they will not work. Remove them!

Same for ATY_Init, remove it.

So to keep it short, you don’t have to change your kexts. Use the default ones from Mavericks.

Rebuild your cache files with myHack > myFix and use the option FULL.

Maybe you can try ATI5000Injector if it still does not load.

http://cl.ly/Ie6Q

But I don’t think you’ll need it. You Device ID is in all the default kexts.

http://www.osx86.net/video-graphics/17815-hd5850-fully-recognized-but-screen-flicker-see-video.html#post116368

@René

First of all thank you,

had in mind would be something like this should do. The kexts I mentioned, just removed the other IDs that were not mine.

However I noticed something, there is a conflict between the original kexts Mavericks that correspond with the ATI. For example:

- AMDRadeonX3000.kext (or something ...) with ATIRadeonX3000.kext

I got this error on the console during boot.
Should I remove the kext with AMD *. Kext?

I am recreating my USB Boot Drive, and I will try this way.

Yes friends!

Toxic Radeon HD5850 working perfectly on OS X 10.9 DP5.

Geekbench did not bring the result of the fact that with of this machine, but look great as well (with Windows 7 get 12470).

Now we need to make the audio work (Voodoo, AppleHDA?), but let it later...

Captura%20de%20Tela%202013-08-11%20%C3%A
  • Like 1

Since when is an (AMD) graphics cards a GB Z87-D3HP specific problem? I mean. When more people come here trying to get help like you did then I have to pass...

Hello @Pike

Do not quite understand your point.

The problem with AMD it was me. I had never made ​​a Hackintosh using this GPU.
Initially had failed to make it work and could not run the machine without the-x flag.

I do not understand what you mean.

Updating to MDP 5 1.0 - 1.72GB pretty large update, anything noticable with this update?

Ran MDP 5 1.0 update and installed, booted-up with no problems

iBooks

Yes friends!

Toxic Radeon HD5850 working perfectly on OS X 10.9 DP5.
Geekbench did not bring the result of the fact that with of this machine, but look great as well (with Windows 7 get 12470).

Now we need to make the audio work (Voodoo, AppleHDA?), but let it later...

Captura%20de%20Tela%202013-08-11%20%C3%A

We already have an AppleHDA solution. Go back two pages

Power management is what we are stuck on now.

Without it, we don't have SpeedStep.

Something that just happened to me today, the first problem with this Hackintosh install. I got message to update the latest version of flashplayer and I did, and I would get that spinning beachball of death that would spin for a long time, only when using firefox. I could not do anything, had to force quit. I rebooted the system and thus far it has not reocurred.

Has anyone else had this problem?

d-1

I tried compiling a SSDT.

Lets just say that it wasn't even close to a success.

I had to remove tons of code to not get a compile error.

Strange indeed

I do not always succeed, but even once SSDT-7.aml!!

post-1116670-0-37509200-1376493136_thumb.png

Except that your serial is all mesed up, showing up as iMac, with a MacPro icon and a date of 2001...

Forget it. It's a Hack. The important thing is it's working.
Here in my country we have a name for it: gambiarra.

:lol:

Forget it. It's a Hack. The important thing is it's working.
Here in my country we have a name for it: gambiarra.

:lol:

Cosmetic issues do tick off a lot of people in the Hackintosh scene

It's Apple rubbing off on us