[Success] Gigabyte Z87-D3HP -- first Haswell hackintosh?

345 posts in this topic

Success! Thank you! By the way for all Gigabyte users, it seems like beta BIOS F6L from http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte/28441-gigabyte-latest-beta-bios.html has finally fixed my issues with SATA 6 gigabit devices running at 3 gigabit. 

I wait for the real version comes out first. It is easy to edit DSDT

Indeed, it's only for ALC 898. I realize us UD3H people have been polluting your thread. Even though most of the stuff is the same between D3HP and UD3H, it's not 100%. I'm going to start a separate UD3H thread for UD3H specific info here:      Success - Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H Mavericks DP2 Haswell Hackintosh    . Thanks for everything so far q64ceo, without your help and this thread I doubt many of us would have succeeded.

• Like 1

Indeed, it's only for ALC 898. I realize us UD3H people have been polluting your thread. Even though most of the stuff is the same between D3HP and UD3H, it's not 100%. I'm going to start a separate UD3H thread for UD3H specific info here:      Success - Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H Mavericks DP2 Haswell Hackintosh    . Thanks for everything so far q64ceo, without your help and this thread I doubt many of us would have succeeded.

I don't undertstand, VoodooHDA.dmg worked fine for me (for sound), but Iam using the D3HP board, not the UD3H MOBO.

d-1

I don't undertstand, VoodooHDA.dmg worked fine for me (for sound), but Iam using the D3HP board, not the UD3H MOBO.

d-1

These UD3H folk are so lazy that they stole my thread from right under me

• Like 1

Please, anyone have a clue why qe/ci are very laggy with my old gtx470 on 10.8.5?

I have tried using 10.8.4 nvidia drivers, but no avail. I can't boot with 10.84 web drivers.

opengl works well, but anything with os x transitions or animations seems unaccelerated.

Don't you mean ncpi=0x3000?

Tried that already

I want to ask you
10.9 DP3 update you have finished the opener
I updated quenched
Sorry.
I was wrong.

Anyone updated to DP3 1.0?

Notice anything different?

Also, Has anyone installed a printer on Mavericks with this board?

Thanks,

d-1

Good for me.

I had to delete the AppleIntel5000* or whatever the kexts names in order to boot.

Good for me.

I had to delete the AppleIntel5000* or whatever the kexts names in order to boot.

Thanks, I ran my updates and it all went fine and all is good, no issues, I also installed printer driver for HP Deskjet F2480 scanner during update and booted right back up after a 7 min install process.

Successfully printed .rtf document letter using Text Editor.

Do you think your video card is causing that AppleIntel5000* problem...? I ask because we have the same MOBO.

d-1

I'm planning to purchase the hardware for a similar setup next Monday:

Intel Core i7 4770k 3.5GHz (CPU)

Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H (Motherboard)

Gigabyte GV-R775OC-1GI Radeon HD 7750 1GB (Graphics)

Patriot DDR3 32GB (RAM)

Antec One Hundred Window (Case)

Corsair Professional Series 750W (PSU)

Antec Liquid CPU Kuhler 920 (Cooling)

Samsung 120GB 2.5in SSD 840 Series (SSD)

Seagate 500GB Serial ATA/300 (HDD)

My friend helped pick the parts, but he's not particularly into hackintoshing or OS X for that matter. Any particular pitfalls I should be aware of with this setup?

(I'd actually rather go with something less pre-release, like ML, but by the sound of it that isn't possible for Haswell chips)

Thanks, I ran my updates and it all went fine and all is good, no issues, I also installed printer driver for HP Deskjet F2480 scanner during update and booted right back up after a 7 min install process.

Successfully printed .rtf document letter using Text Editor.

Do you think your video card is causing that AppleIntel5000* problem...? I ask because we have the same MOBO.

d-1

It very well could be.

Maybe a DSDT fix will solve that.

I shall research

strange bug in DP3 

sometimes my front USB3 port does not work at all ( let's say like 30 percent of the time) 

and ffs i can't wait for the new line of products from apple as i'm getting fed up by the number of turbo P-States i got like before sleep the 38 and 39 multiplier would not show up while after waking from deep sleep it would , the latest beta UEFI BIOS from gigabyte didn't help either 

How on earth do you get a valid serial # if the only haswell-based machines are Air6,1 and 6,2, which are not quite a desktop platform if you ask me ? 

AppleHDA fro 892 should be possible (if Gigabyte hasn't screwed the codec up as does MSI), HDMI audio can be patched the same way as previous framebuffers - you have to match the igd-platform-id with a connectors table and set a digital output to pass audio through.

@q64ceo

i think sleep issue you encounter is related to clover bootloader. Using chameleon or revoboot i got no problem waking from deep sleep

@timewalker75a 

yes thank you for pointing that out , however gigabyte did change the layout