OS X 10.9 myHack USB Installer Beta

224 posts in this topic

I have tried to remake the installer, but still the same. I tried to record a video and see where it reaches before reboot, it seems like just rebooting when reach those lines:

QGBzg5B.jpg?1

Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,1)/System/Library/Extensions/webdav_fs.kext/Contents/MacOS/webdav_fs] 4096 bytes.
Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,1)/System/Library/Extensions/webdav_fs.kext/Contents/MacOS/webdav_fs] 44336 bytes.

After couple searches, I figure out that after those lines seems that line will come:

Starting Darwin x86_64

It may be here the problem. So, is there any method on how to fix this? .. I see some who had same issue in here & here, I'm not sure if that maybe a BIOS problem which need to be patched or something, I just brought that system, I don't won't to brick it!, also, I checked PMPatch, but I am not sure how to do it.

UPDATE: after patching the BIOS, now its working, but I can't get the SSD detected in the installer, I only get my HDD (not always - sometime its not showing either) and it said its in NTFS so can't install. Actually, I am having Windows 8 on my SSD, and I have made an empty partition for installing Mavericks on it. AHCI is enabled as I said, Any help would be appreciated!

Regards,

Then its a bad app or usb stick itself is to blame. Redownload the app and try using another usb drive. 

dose not work for me. hangs on a blank gray screen after boot / apple logo. Never gets to the installer.

Ever try booting with:

-v

So you can find out what is happening? 

Had the same problem on a fresh install.  I reinstalled with the latest version of chameleon I could find and the situation went away.

Thank, thats solve most of the problem here!, I just installed Chameleon 2.2 svn r2265 to installer with sata module option & resolution which makes the installer perfect.

If you are trying to dual-boot which it seems you are, I thought it would be best to do the opposite.  If you installed Windows 8 on that drive first, did you at least make sure your Mavericks partition was formatted as Fat32 yet?  If you want larger Fat32 partitions, you will need to obtain Fat32Formatter for Windows and use it.  Once you reformatted that partition and rebooted your installer, it should pop up in Disk Utility.  The reason you would want to format your Mavericks partition first is because you would ensure it is prepared to become a valid prior to installer reboot.  Otherwise, either something got in the way of your installer kexts where your drive never came up, or you might have a bad version of your installer and may need to rebuild it.

My attempt to set up dual-boot was as simple as installing Mac first (not installing any bootloaders here), Windows second, and installing Chameleon for Windows so that Windows can use Avlgo to run Chameleon and no boot data between both of my partitions become invalid or corrupted.  I haven't tried Avlgo for Clover yet.

Thats exactly what I am trying to do. Now I am stuck I can't boot to Win 8, it gives:

boot0: done

BOOTMGR is missing

I tried to us fdisk for active partition and boot with Win 8 installation DVD, and had to repair it manually, cuz it won't repair, I tried rebuildbcd commands it creates the boot manager and the loader, but now it says can't find operating system. Also, I can't boot to Mavericks normally.

I believe there should be somehow a bootloader to deal between both OS's, what tool could help me in that?

Now I get this error when boot in verbose mode:

**** [AppleBluetoothHCIControllerUSBTransport][configurePM] -- ERROR -- waited 30 seconds and still did not get the commandWakeup() notification -- 0x9400 ****
[IOBluetoothHCIController::setConfigState] calling registerService
**** [IOBluetoothHCIController][staticBluetoothHCIControllerTransportShowsUp] -- Connected to the transport successfully -- 0x8c80 0xd000 0x9400 ****

Then its a bad app or usb stick itself is to blame. Redownload the app and try using another usb drive.

I don't know, but the usb is okay as tested & I've installed Mavericks now, maybe that Sata Module did the trick.

Anyway, I got another problems with some kext, for bluetooth & plugins inside myhack.kext, it gives popup messeges about errors with those kexts. Like that:

Here I collect them in one code:

System extension cannot be used

The system extension “/System/Library/Extensions/IOBluetoothFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport.kext” was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the product’s vendor for an update.

The system extension “/System/Library/Extensions/myHack.kext” was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the product’s vendor for an update.

The system extension “/System/Library/Extensions/myHack.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext” was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the product’s vendor for an update.

The system extension “/System/Library/Extensions/myHack.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ApplePS2Controller.kext” was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the product’s vendor for an update.

The system extension “/System/Library/Extensions/myHack.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ApplePS2Keyboard.kext” was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the product’s vendor for an update.

The system extension “/System/Library/Extensions/myHack.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ApplePS2Mouse.kext” was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the product’s vendor for an update.

The system extension “/System/Library/Extensions/myHack.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ApplePS2Trackpad.kext” was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the product’s vendor for an update.

The system extension “/System/Library/Extensions/myHack.kext/Contents/PlugIns/FakeSMC.kext” was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the product’s vendor for an update.

The system extension “/System/Library/Extensions/myHack.kext/Contents/PlugIns/lspcidrv.kext” was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the product’s vendor for an update.

The system extension “/System/Library/Extensions/myHack.kext/Contents/PlugIns/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext” was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the product’s vendor for an update.

The system extension “/System/Library/Extensions/myHack.kext/Contents/PlugIns/Patched_10.7_AppleRTC.kext” was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the product’s vendor for an update.

I have tried -v and -f, not sure what's going on. Will try again later and take pic to post.

JackButler, if you still can't boot, just try to boot with: -x -v -f

I can assure this worked everytime for me. But it's in safe mode, you'll have to deal with errors from there :)

Thanks everybody for your help!

pos-error-mav-p5e.jpgStill no luck so I will post this screen shot here as I am dealing with myHack (the other post I had this on was GM release). After this point, I get a blank gray screen.

I have tried to boot with -v -f -x, I have also tried installing the latest Chameleon as well as using my patched DSDT (1 I am using currently with 10.8.5).... adding it to the Extra folder on the myHack thumb drive. But no success. Another thing I have tried is also to boot without my Windows HD installed (I run 3 SATA drives internally).

are you using more than one monitor? blank grey screen leads me to think you are seeing a secondary screen and not the main display. try plugging into a different out on the card or plug in some vga or dvi adaptor into one of the other outs if you are using only one screen.

pos-error-mav-p5e.jpgStill no luck so I will post this screen shot here as I am dealing with myHack (the other post I had this on was GM release). After this point, I get a blank gray screen.

I have tried to boot with -v -f -x, I have also tried installing the latest Chameleon as well as using my patched DSDT (1 I am using currently with 10.8.5).... adding it to the Extra folder on the myHack thumb drive. But no success. Another thing I have tried is also to boot without my Windows HD installed (I run 3 SATA drives internally).

Looks to be hung on your GPU. Remove the Nvidia Drivers from the USB and then boot into the installer again with:

-v npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No 

Looks to be hung on your GPU. Remove the Nvidia Drivers from the USB and then boot into the installer again with:

-v npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No 

That worked!, thank you. I have tried GraphicsEnable=No before w/o success but removing the drivers works. At least I can see the installer now and I will be installing on an extra drive and workout all the issues before migrating main HD.

are you using more than one monitor? blank grey screen leads me to think you are seeing a secondary screen and not the main display. try plugging into a different out on the card or plug in some vga or dvi adaptor into one of the other outs if you are using only one screen.

Yes I also have an LED TV hooked up, I have unattached it for now. I do currently use a load ROM with 10.8.5 for dual monitor.  Thanks

This is a horrible tool, I can't believe it's being recommended here.  It alters the OSX installer program and is poorly documented.  

If you haven't already, try build your own vanilla boot. I have now done both and am able to install either method.

everyhing works great on my NUC but I can not boot without my USB stick plugged in ...

I tried installing myHack chimera without success it tells me it can't fin a correct partition ... I 've got the boot 0 GPT error ...

Any idea ?

Use the Chameleon Wizard.app to install the latest Chameleon boot loader on your first OS X partition installation in your main hard drive.

@DarwinX,

How did your install go for your XPS M1530?   I saw from your post that wake from sleep may have stopped working properly for you?  Are you still using Slice's FakeSMC or HwSensors?  I know that our ITC chip was not supported in earlier versions of Hwsensors and not sure now?

I also read that you no longer need the IOPCIFamily kext with Mavericks?  Are you ussng the same DSDT and VoodooHDA from your 10.8x install?  What about ssdt or is this only needed for sandy and ivy bridge processors to get speedstep and turbo working properly?  What kext are you using for your PS2 keyboard the one provided on this installer or Rehabman's?

Thanks

Intel i5 3450 3.1Ghz

Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H

Nvidia GTX 650 1024Mb

Dual Display

Samsung 840 120Gt SSD

OS X Mavericks Final with MyHack USB Installer Beta + [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] 6

Install with boot flags

-v GraphicsEnabler=No

First boot with same flags and do [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]

QuickStart -> DSDT Free
Realtek ALCxxx -> Without DSDT -> ALC887/888b Current v100302
Misc -> FakeSMC v5.3.820 Plugins

For Ethernet, use this: http://www.osx86.net/files/file/1777-atherosl1cethernet-kext/

Works like charm! :) Easiest Hackintosh install I have ever done!

I've got my system working fine, ethernet, audio, iCloud, etc.  However, the only way I can boot is with the -f option, so there is obviously a problem with my caches.  I would run the "Fix" option in MyHack but it adds the "myhack.kext" to S/L/E that causes a KP.  I can't find any documentation on what scripts MyHack is running when it "fixes" things.  I know there is some sort of merging that happens between the kexts in E/E and S/L/E so that you can leave your S/L/E vanilla.

Does anyone know how this can be done manually?  I've tried "touching" the S/L/E folder and then using kextcache -update-volume but that doesn't seem to help.  I think I need to get the kexts in E/E into the cache somehow.  I suppose I could just take them out of E/E and put them in S/L/E but I'd like to keep it vanilla for updates later.

I've got my system working fine, ethernet, audio, iCloud, etc.  However, the only way I can boot is with the -f option, so there is obviously a problem with my caches.  I would run the "Fix" option in MyHack but it adds the "myhack.kext" to S/L/E that causes a KP.  I can't find any documentation on what scripts MyHack is running when it "fixes" things.  I know there is some sort of merging that happens between the kexts in E/E and S/L/E so that you can leave your S/L/E vanilla.

Does anyone know how this can be done manually?  I've tried "touching" the S/L/E folder and then using kextcache -update-volume but that doesn't seem to help.  I think I need to get the kexts in E/E into the cache somehow.  I suppose I could just take them out of E/E and put them in S/L/E but I'd like to keep it vanilla for updates later.

Use Pandora to create cache in Mavericks , works like charm , good luck