OS X 10.9 myHack USB Installer Beta

224 posts in this topic

It does work properly. MBR support is a unofficial add on so please do not say it does not work properly. He has considered dropping support all together for some time for MBR. 

I can appreciate this but sadly my Gigabyte GA-EP45C-UD3R board will not boot from a flash drive unless its formatted as MBR.  Restoring to the drive using Disk Utility works fine though and I've got it running.

• Like 2

Core I3 should work. Ask help in MyHack's site!

All the best!

I fixed this issue by updating to 10.6.8 and booting with mach_kernel.

So to install Mavericks, I need two HDD partitions? The way I understand it is, you install using myhack to a USB drive, boot to let's say OS X partition 1, then restore the thumb drive to OS X partition 2. If this is correct, I will need to wait until someone comes up with a way to install it directly from a USB drive as I do not have enough hard drive space for another partition. Thank you for your help :)

I have ML 8.4 installed on this HP 7700 duo core, I had to buy a USB audio the only problem. Great OS use it the most instead of win 8

I'm trying to install 10.9 with USB myhack .

At install > When it gets to the select install HD mode , nothing shows up but the USB drive . Same in utilties too.

thanks for any help

This HP DC7700 does not have a proper AHCI BIOS and as such requires a special kext added to the /Extra/Extensions folder in order to see the internal hard drives. Here is a link to the kext you need: https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fdl.dropbox.com%2Fu%2F47221269%2FAppleIntelPIIXATA2.kext.zip&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNGXwaav-698lwcKLoCRZBsxjJd_lA

After you unzip the file, put it in the /Extra/Extensions folder on the installer flash drive and it should allow you to see the other drives on your DC7700. FYI the DC7800 is the same way. HTH

Sorry, i have a question about 10.8.3 + myHack and GPT.

I made 10.8.3 USB install by myHack, then used Disk utility format my HDD to GPT ( have 4 partition : EFI, HFS+, 2 Fat32 ) . After OSX install successfuly, it reset. But after reset i can't boot from both USB and HDD, It show black screen ( nothing on black screen ) and bios don't identify both USB and HDD. I must use Windows disc format HDD to MBR then install OSX on MBR. After all, it work with MBR.

Anyone here can explain to me why i can't boot to HDD and USB after format to GPT ? have problem with bootloader?

Thanks you.

FYI I am currently making a new myHack 10.9 installer using an MBR partition scheme. This is the only way I can boot my Foxconn G33M system, it simply won't boot from a USB GPT partitioned device. Once done I will install the later version of Chameleon and the special boot file to see if that will allow me to use it to install 10.9. I will report back with my findings.

EDIT: The 8 Gb flash drive was partitioned using Disk Utility with a single partition using the MBR partition scheme instead of GUID. Formatted the partition as Mac OS Journaled and then I used myHack 3.2 Beta 8 to install the Mavericks DP1. Next I used the files in the DP1 Essentials found here:

http://rochetechnology.com/quick-hackintosh-tip-installing-10-9-mavericks-developer-preview/

and basically followed his directions in the video starting with replacing the mach_kernel and continuing to the end. 

There is a good chance that just installing the version of Chameleon included and then replacing the boot file and adding your Extra folder would have been sufficient, but decided to try doing all the stuff he recommended first. I may go back and try again by just doing the Chameleon stuff and adding the Extra folder to see what that does. 

FYI this method seems to work. I am presently installing Mavericks on my Foxconn G33M system. I will add more after I finish.

EDIT 2: System locked up with less than a minute to go. At this point I am recreating the myHack installer one more time, but this time I will only install the Chameleon version and boot file included in the Essentials pack and add my Extra folder. Will see what that does.

• Like 1

I fixed this issue by updating to 10.6.8 and booting with mach_kernel.

So to install Mavericks, I need two HDD partitions? The way I understand it is, you install using myhack to a USB drive, boot to let's say OS X partition 1, then restore the thumb drive to OS X partition 2. If this is correct, I will need to wait until someone comes up with a way to install it directly from a USB drive as I do not have enough hard drive space for another partition. Thank you for your help :)

It would be better with two partitions, but the only thing that really matters is to have two USB pen drives: you just replace the step 6) for one the two bellow:

6) Boot again from the MyHack installer. When the menubar appears, just after you select your idiom, select "Utilities" and then "Disk Utility" and restore your USB 16GB installation to your target MBR partition, if DiskUtility let's you (never tried that way). Then reboot;

6) Boot again using the MyHack installer, but select your newly created OSX USB installation from Chameleon prompt. As soon as you manage to boot - be patient because everything will be painfully slow - download and install CarbonCopyCloner - i don't think DiskUtility will let you restore your system from itself - and clone the entire system to the target MBR partition.

Chose the one that works for you. Good luck!

FYI I am currently making a new myHack 10.9 installer using an MBR partition scheme. This is the only way I can boot my Foxconn G33M system, it simply won't boot from a USB GPT partitioned device. Once done I will install the later version of Chameleon and the special boot file to see if that will allow me to use it to install 10.9. I will report back with my findings.

EDIT: The 8 Gb flash drive was partitioned using Disk Utility with a single partition using the MBR partition scheme instead of GUID. Formatted the partition as Mac OS Journaled and then I used myHack 3.2 Beta 8 to install the Mavericks DP1. Next I used the files in the DP1 Essentials found here:

http://rochetechnology.com/quick-hackintosh-tip-installing-10-9-mavericks-developer-preview/

and basically followed his directions in the video starting with replacing the mach_kernel and continuing to the end. 

There is a good chance that just installing the version of Chameleon included and then replacing the boot file and adding your Extra folder would have been sufficient, but decided to try doing all the stuff he recommended first. I may go back and try again by just doing the Chameleon stuff and adding the Extra folder to see what that does. 

FYI this method seems to work. I am presently installing Mavericks on my Foxconn G33M system. I will add more after I finish.

EDIT 2: System locked up with less than a minute to go. At this point I am recreating the myHack installer one more time, but this time I will only install the Chameleon version and boot file included in the Essentials pack and add my Extra folder. Will see what that does.

Okay, I reconfigured the myHack installer and tried to boot it on the Foxconn G33M system. Thought it was going to work, but got stuck at the spinning beach ball. Will give it a try on the GA-P35-DS3L tomorrow. Hope to get better results.

EDIT: I gave it a shot this morning, but got the same results so unless I apply all of the fixes from the Roche video method onto the myHack installer, it simply doesn't work, at least on the 2 systems I tried it on. 

Bottom line is this is just the first DP and I don't plan to waste anymore time on it. I'm sure things will improve once the OS matures some in later previews. At least I hope so!

This HP DC7700 does not have a proper AHCI BIOS and as such requires a special kext added to the /Extra/Extensions folder in order to see the internal hard drives. Here is a link to the kext you need: https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fdl.dropbox.com%2Fu%2F47221269%2FAppleIntelPIIXATA2.kext.zip&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNGXwaav-698lwcKLoCRZBsxjJd_lA

After you unzip the file, put it in the /Extra/Extensions folder on the installer flash drive and it should allow you to see the other drives on your DC7700. FYI the DC7800 is the same way. HTH

Thanks to Iconnact  and Mosslack

I will try this. 

I booted to  myhack install usb first , only after boot plugged in a 16 g usb . It showed up only after myhack USB booted.

I installed Maverick on 16 g Usb , booted it with myhack usb. Looked  OK

Booted to ML and made an image , restored image to 60g usb HD.

Installed Chameleon 2247 with ML, 60G usb booted and runs Ok

I will try the kext to get ATA HD to show up 

Thanks Again

What error? 

Yeah me too it was giving me an error at final stage. and when i press restart computer won't restart. Then i press reset button, booted into fresh install Mavericks installed mandatory kexts + DSDT and not problem at all.

I think it's a problem with Mavericks Install.dmg not a myhack one, but think it's still in BETA stage.

Also i'm having errors like this: Screen%20Shot%202013-06-15%20at%203.32.3 on multiple apps.

I think i'll redownload DP.dmg then i'll do a re-install. I've put all errors on BETA DP1 image.

Yeah me too it was giving me an error at final stage. and when i press restart computer won't restart. Then i press reset button, booted into fresh install Mavericks installed mandatory kexts + DSDT and not problem at all.

I think it's a problem with Mavericks Install.dmg not a myhack one, but think it's still in BETA stage.

Also i'm having errors like this: Screen%20Shot%202013-06-15%20at%203.32.3 on multiple apps.

I think i'll redownload DP.dmg then i'll do a re-install. I've put all errors on BETA DP1 image.

That a app issue and not a Mav issues. The App is looking for things that do not exist. :) I use the same App. 

Thanks You very much    worked fine 

Thanks to Iconnact  and Mosslack

I will try this. 

I booted to  myhack install usb first , only after boot plugged in a 16 g usb . It showed up only after myhack USB booted.

I installed Maverick on 16 g Usb , booted it with myhack usb. Looked  OK

Booted to ML and made an image , restored image to 60g usb HD.

Installed Chameleon 2247 with ML, 60G usb booted and runs Ok

I will try the kext to get ATA HD to show up 

Thanks Again

Ok  I restored the 60g image to a second ata HD partion ( after help, using Moslack kext to show HD) 

Only boots using 60g usb then select HD > runs fine. updates fine.

Yes, strange bug. Skype has the same issue however using a older version of Skype there is no issues. 

Same error i' received @ final install system with myhack!

I pressed manual reset to get my stuff done!

Hi... Got your message... I'll give this a try later... 

I fo not use an Extra/Extentions folder anymore thanks to some advice I think by Mald0n... so will give it a try in S/L/E

For the record... Absolutely no luck at all with MyHack beta and the DP... seems to be stuck in an endless loop mounting InstallESD on ML... SO I just built the installer manually

Update
======

Just tried it... nothing doing! Still nobody home!

Now running Mavericks without problems

Right After install, using MyHack, I noticed that cursor and system stutters sometimes. To fix this, that I think is some kind off bug with my CPU, I just've to boot with "GraphicsEnabler=No", and everything runs smooth. 

-----      -----      -----      -----      -----      -----      -----      -----      -----      

Estou rodando o Mavericks sem problemas!

Logo após installar, usando o MyHack, eu percebi um "lag" no mouse e no sistema de vez em quando. Para "concertar", o que eu acho que é algum tipo de bug com a minha CPU, eu apenas usei a boot flag "GraphicsEnabler=No", e tudo rodou perfeitamente!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Computer:

MotherBoard      -     Pegatron (PCWare) IPM31
Processor        -     Intel Core 2 Duo E7500
Memory           -     4 GB | 2 X 2 GB 800 MHz DDR2 Kingston
Graphics Card    -     ATI Radeon HD 6870 (Sapphire) 1GB GDDR5
Hard Disk        -     SSD 120 Kingston Hyper V

notwithstanding my MB is old, I don't ever dreamed about AHCPI or some kind of "setting" in Bios,  just enabled IDE mode on sata and used virtualisation (never tried without..)

dsktop.tiff