• Please log in to reply
234 replies to this topic

feng

feng

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

so,untill now,how about mbr?where can give install framework file or how to modify it,i want install it on MBR DISK,TK!

wws12

wws12

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

I can't promise it will work, but it should. I have used this method for MBR partitioned hard drives in the past. I use SuperDuper, but Carbon Copy Cloner should also work. You will have to install the proper Chameleon and boot file over to that partition. Let us know how it works out.
 What system did you install this on? Also did you use the version of Chameleon which the myHack installer used or did you install a later version?

You don't need any third party app, just use the restore function of DiskUtility.

All the best!

My main system:

http://rampagedev.wo...about/main-rig/

OK fine, but what exactly do I need to restore to the USB drive? The whole 10.9 DMG? The BaseSystem DMG? Install 10.9 DP1.app? If one of you could quickly make a step by step guide outlining this process., it would be much appreciated. Thank you.

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,973 posts

OK fine, but what exactly do I need to restore to the USB drive? The whole 10.9 DMG? The BaseSystem DMG? Install 10.9 DP1.app? If one of you could quickly make a step by step guide outlining this process., it would be much appreciated. Thank you.

1) You'll need two USB thumb drives, one for the MyHack installer, other (with at least 16 GB) for the OS itself;

2) Erase both thumb drives with DiskUtility, partitioning them as GUID partition table;

3) For the MyHack installer, use the instructions provided on MyHack home page;

4) When the installer is created, boot from it with both USB thumb drives connected to plain old USB 2.0 ports: never use the USB 3.0 ones;

5) When prompted to choose a disk to install, select your 16 GB+ thumb drive;

6) When the installation is done, boot to OSX from your current partition, open DiskUtility, select your 16 GB+ thumb drive, select the Restore tab, drag your 16 GB+ thumb drive as source and your intended MBR partition as destination;

7) When it's done, copy the extra folder from your current partition to the newly restored Mavericks partition. Also, copy FakeSMC and NullCPUPowerManagement from your curent System/Library/Extensions to the S/L/E of the Mavericks partition;

8) Reboot with -v -f: you should be able to boot to Mavericks and be prompted to create your user account. Enjoy.

wws12

wws12

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

1) You'll need two USB thumb drives, one for the MyHack installer, other (with at least 16 GB) for the OS itself;

2) Erase both thumb drives with DiskUtility, partitioning them as GUID partition table;

3) For the MyHack installer, use the instructions provided on MyHack home page;

4) When the installer is created, boot from it with both USB thumb drives connected to plain old USB 2.0 ports: never use the USB 3.0 ones;

5) When prompted to choose a disk to install, select your 16 GB+ thumb drive;

6) When the installation is done, boot to OSX from your current partition, open DiskUtility, select your 16 GB+ thumb drive, select the Restore tab, drag your 16 GB+ thumb drive as source and your intended MBR partition as destination;

7) When it's done, copy the extra folder from your current partition to the newly restored Mavericks partition. Also, copy FakeSMC and NullCPUPowerManagement from your curent System/Library/Extensions to the S/L/E of the Mavericks partition;

8) Reboot with -v -f: you should be able to boot to Mavericks and be prompted to create your user account. Enjoy.

Thank you very much, this is exactly what I needed. One thing though, when I run myHack 3.2 BETA 8 it gives me a BAD CPU error. :\ Any word on how to fix it?

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,973 posts

You're welcome!

If you have an older than Core2Duo Intel CPU, there's no way to solve yet, sorry. If it's not the case, ask support in MyHack's home page. Good luck!

wws12

wws12

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

You're welcome!

If you have an older than Core2Duo Intel CPU, there's no way to solve yet, sorry. If it's not the case, ask support in MyHack's home page. Good luck!

It's a Core i3-2120 with the legacy kernel under 10.6.3

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,973 posts

Core I3 should work. Ask help in MyHack's site!

All the best!

wws12

wws12

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

All the best!

How do you ask for help. I tried the IRC but couldn't fine a way to connect.

tuanpekoe

tuanpekoe

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Sorry but, myHack include Clover bootloader ? or only have Chameleon bootloader ?

Kynyo

Kynyo

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Interests:

Sorry but, myHack include Clover bootloader ? or only have Chameleon bootloader ?

Chameleon only!

mendietinha

mendietinha

mendi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts
  • Interests:full hackintosh.

It's a Core i3-2120 with the legacy kernel under 10.6.3

perhaps don't use m.y.h.a.c.k... create manually the pendrive. it's not hard at all.

bigpoppa206

bigpoppa206

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts

It does work properly. MBR support is a unofficial add on so please do not say it does not work properly. He has considered dropping support all together for some time for MBR. 

I can appreciate this but sadly my Gigabyte GA-EP45C-UD3R board will not boot from a flash drive unless its formatted as MBR.  Restoring to the drive using Disk Utility works fine though and I've got it running.

wws12

wws12

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

All the best!

I fixed this issue by updating to 10.6.8 and booting with mach_kernel.

So to install Mavericks, I need two HDD partitions? The way I understand it is, you install using myhack to a USB drive, boot to let's say OS X partition 1, then restore the thumb drive to OS X partition 2. If this is correct, I will need to wait until someone comes up with a way to install it directly from a USB drive as I do not have enough hard drive space for another partition. Thank you for your help :)

mosslack

mosslack

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 881 posts

I have ML 8.4 installed on this HP 7700 duo core, I had to buy a USB audio the only problem. Great OS use it the most instead of win 8

I'm trying to install 10.9 with USB myhack .

At install > When it gets to the select install HD mode , nothing shows up but the USB drive . Same in utilties too.

thanks for any help

This HP DC7700 does not have a proper AHCI BIOS and as such requires a special kext added to the /Extra/Extensions folder in order to see the internal hard drives. Here is a link to the kext you need: https://www.google.c...KLoCRZBsxjJd_lA

After you unzip the file, put it in the /Extra/Extensions folder on the installer flash drive and it should allow you to see the other drives on your DC7700. FYI the DC7800 is the same way. HTH

tuanpekoe

tuanpekoe

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Sorry, i have a question about 10.8.3 + myHack and GPT.

I made 10.8.3 USB install by myHack, then used Disk utility format my HDD to GPT ( have 4 partition : EFI, HFS+, 2 Fat32 ) . After OSX install successfuly, it reset. But after reset i can't boot from both USB and HDD, It show black screen ( nothing on black screen ) and bios don't identify both USB and HDD. I must use Windows disc format HDD to MBR then install OSX on MBR. After all, it work with MBR.

Anyone here can explain to me why i can't boot to HDD and USB after format to GPT ? have problem with bootloader?

Thanks you.

mosslack

mosslack

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 881 posts

FYI I am currently making a new myHack 10.9 installer using an MBR partition scheme. This is the only way I can boot my Foxconn G33M system, it simply won't boot from a USB GPT partitioned device. Once done I will install the later version of Chameleon and the special boot file to see if that will allow me to use it to install 10.9. I will report back with my findings.

EDIT: The 8 Gb flash drive was partitioned using Disk Utility with a single partition using the MBR partition scheme instead of GUID. Formatted the partition as Mac OS Journaled and then I used myHack 3.2 Beta 8 to install the Mavericks DP1. Next I used the files in the DP1 Essentials found here:

http://rochetechnolo...eloper-preview/

and basically followed his directions in the video starting with replacing the mach_kernel and continuing to the end. 

There is a good chance that just installing the version of Chameleon included and then replacing the boot file and adding your Extra folder would have been sufficient, but decided to try doing all the stuff he recommended first. I may go back and try again by just doing the Chameleon stuff and adding the Extra folder to see what that does. 

FYI this method seems to work. I am presently installing Mavericks on my Foxconn G33M system. I will add more after I finish.

EDIT 2: System locked up with less than a minute to go. At this point I am recreating the myHack installer one more time, but this time I will only install the Chameleon version and boot file included in the Essentials pack and add my Extra folder. Will see what that does.

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,973 posts

I fixed this issue by updating to 10.6.8 and booting with mach_kernel.

So to install Mavericks, I need two HDD partitions? The way I understand it is, you install using myhack to a USB drive, boot to let's say OS X partition 1, then restore the thumb drive to OS X partition 2. If this is correct, I will need to wait until someone comes up with a way to install it directly from a USB drive as I do not have enough hard drive space for another partition. Thank you for your help :)

It would be better with two partitions, but the only thing that really matters is to have two USB pen drives: you just replace the step 6) for one the two bellow:

6) Boot again from the MyHack installer. When the menubar appears, just after you select your idiom, select "Utilities" and then "Disk Utility" and restore your USB 16GB installation to your target MBR partition, if DiskUtility let's you (never tried that way). Then reboot;

6) Boot again using the MyHack installer, but select your newly created OSX USB installation from Chameleon prompt. As soon as you manage to boot - be patient because everything will be painfully slow - download and install CarbonCopyCloner - i don't think DiskUtility will let you restore your system from itself - and clone the entire system to the target MBR partition.

Chose the one that works for you. Good luck!

mosslack

mosslack

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 881 posts

FYI I am currently making a new myHack 10.9 installer using an MBR partition scheme. This is the only way I can boot my Foxconn G33M system, it simply won't boot from a USB GPT partitioned device. Once done I will install the later version of Chameleon and the special boot file to see if that will allow me to use it to install 10.9. I will report back with my findings.

EDIT: The 8 Gb flash drive was partitioned using Disk Utility with a single partition using the MBR partition scheme instead of GUID. Formatted the partition as Mac OS Journaled and then I used myHack 3.2 Beta 8 to install the Mavericks DP1. Next I used the files in the DP1 Essentials found here:

http://rochetechnolo...eloper-preview/

and basically followed his directions in the video starting with replacing the mach_kernel and continuing to the end. 

There is a good chance that just installing the version of Chameleon included and then replacing the boot file and adding your Extra folder would have been sufficient, but decided to try doing all the stuff he recommended first. I may go back and try again by just doing the Chameleon stuff and adding the Extra folder to see what that does. 

FYI this method seems to work. I am presently installing Mavericks on my Foxconn G33M system. I will add more after I finish.

EDIT 2: System locked up with less than a minute to go. At this point I am recreating the myHack installer one more time, but this time I will only install the Chameleon version and boot file included in the Essentials pack and add my Extra folder. Will see what that does.

Okay, I reconfigured the myHack installer and tried to boot it on the Foxconn G33M system. Thought it was going to work, but got stuck at the spinning beach ball. Will give it a try on the GA-P35-DS3L tomorrow. Hope to get better results.

EDIT: I gave it a shot this morning, but got the same results so unless I apply all of the fixes from the Roche video method onto the myHack installer, it simply doesn't work, at least on the 2 systems I tried it on. 

Bottom line is this is just the first DP and I don't plan to waste anymore time on it. I'm sure things will improve once the OS matures some in later previews. At least I hope so!

mendietinha

mendietinha

mendi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts
  • Interests:full hackintosh.

the myhac.k gives me an error before reboots after the installation. let´s see what´s next for this tool.

redneck

redneck

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

This HP DC7700 does not have a proper AHCI BIOS and as such requires a special kext added to the /Extra/Extensions folder in order to see the internal hard drives. Here is a link to the kext you need: https://www.google.c...KLoCRZBsxjJd_lA

After you unzip the file, put it in the /Extra/Extensions folder on the installer flash drive and it should allow you to see the other drives on your DC7700. FYI the DC7800 is the same way. HTH

Thanks to Iconnact  and Mosslack

I will try this. 

I booted to  myhack install usb first , only after boot plugged in a 16 g usb . It showed up only after myhack USB booted.

I installed Maverick on 16 g Usb , booted it with myhack usb. Looked  OK

Booted to ML and made an image , restored image to 60g usb HD.

Installed Chameleon 2247 with ML, 60G usb booted and runs Ok

I will try the kext to get ATA HD to show up 

Thanks Again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy