• Please log in to reply
234 replies to this topic

Sephiroth79

Sephiroth79

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

The good news is I am now running with my GA-G31M-ES2L and Mavericks, bad news - not full.   I have the latest Fakesmc but still can't reboot or shutdown w/o Kernel panic. Ideas??   Other news, I liked the performance in ML better than Mavericks..    So at this point, people not able to get it run aren't really missing out in my opinion...

How did u get this result? Can you please indicate all the steps you followed to get the installer working?

Regards?

radargb

radargb

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Guys, if i run 10.9 installer and point to partition with 10.8.4 installed, will 10.9 update 10.8.4 or erase partition making fresh installation? 

puckmarin

puckmarin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Having a little trouble with a myHack install.  First my specs:

Asus Sabertooth X79 Mobo

Intel i7-3820 

Nvidia GTX 680 Graphics card.

I started the USB installer using the following flags:

-v
npci=0x2000

cpus = 1

GraphicsEnabler = No

Things seem to go fine until I hit an all white screen with a spinning rainbow colored mouse cursor.  After that the install seems to freeze up as it will never leave the white screen/rainbow cursor.  

Any ideas what could be wrong?

cavallo

cavallo

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Asus Sabertooth X79 Mobo

Intel i7-3820 

-v
npci=0x2000

cpus = 1

GraphicsEnabler = No

Things seem to go fine until I hit an all white screen with a spinning rainbow colored mouse cursor.  After that the install seems to freeze up as it will never leave the white screen/rainbow cursor.  

Why those flags?

-v is Ok

Do you have single core cpu? i don't think so

npci? why do the installation stops on Pci configuration begin?

Graphic enabler is just if you don't see anything black screen.

Delete all graphic HD kext in S/L/E and then ues GE yes or no.

Start just with -v and see what happens.

jasjeet

jasjeet

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Asus Sabertooth X79 Mobo

Intel i7-3820 

-v
npci=0x2000

cpus = 1

GraphicsEnabler = No

Try

-v -f PCIRootUID=0 npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No

When you get to install screen, give the mouse a couple of clicks and the Language Selection should appear, it can take a couple of minutes.

puckmarin

puckmarin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Try

When you get to install screen, give the mouse a couple of clicks and the Language Selection should appear, it can take a couple of minutes.

No, that didn't work.  It just rebooted my machine.

I got 10.8 to install flawlessly with the following:

cpus = 1

npci = 0x2000

GraphicsEnabler = No

BusRatio = 32

UseKernalCache = No

I tried that with 10.9 as well and it doesn't work.

kennethgooswit

kennethgooswit

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
My system is a Gigabyte MB GA-Z77-UD5H, GTX680, i7 3770k, 32gb, samsung ssd 250.
First i installed snow leopard with update and downloaded Mavericks. Tried other usb installation from #####, but whatever i tried couldnot get it do the usb-stick installing Maverick; allways installation failed.
Downloaded My Hack Beta and installation of the usb was problem free.
The boot with the stick was ok except for the blank screen I keep getting. Tried PCIRoot=1 not solving anything. More luck with GraphicsEnabler=No. Had to wait quite a while. First darker screen and then it was a go. installion took a while, but finished with no problems. Booting with the harddrive though, was no go. Keep spinning under the apple and that was it. I formatted the harddisk with the disk utility of the snow leopard disk and did the installation once more. Still no boot from the SSD drive. I was going to give up, but then I saw that you could interrupt the boot by pressing a key and could enter a command line. I tried GraphicsEnabler=No, but still the same. Only this time I got a small bar under the apple, but then it also stopped. Ok, lets try to add -x to GraphicsEnabler=No and it went on booting. Everything seems to work, except for the Lan, but probably I have to fill in the ip-address manually. Only on reboot I still have to enter the command line GraphicsEnabler=No -x to get it going.
How can I solve this boot problem??????

DarwinX

DarwinX

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

My system is a Gigabyte MB GA-Z77-UD5H, GTX680, i7 3770k, 32gb, samsung ssd 250.
First i installed snow leopard with update and downloaded Mavericks. Tried other usb installation from #####, but whatever i tried couldnot get it do the usb-stick installing Maverick; allways installation failed.
Downloaded My Hack Beta and installation of the usb was problem free.
The boot with the stick was ok except for the blank screen I keep getting. Tried PCIRoot=1 not solving anything. More luck with GraphicsEnabler=No. Had to wait quite a while. First darker screen and then it was a go. installion took a while, but finished with no problems. Booting with the harddrive though, was no go. Keep spinning under the apple and that was it. I formatted the harddisk with the disk utility of the snow leopard disk and did the installation once more. Still no boot from the SSD drive. I was going to give up, but then I saw that you could interrupt the boot by pressing a key and could enter a command line. I tried GraphicsEnabler=No, but still the same. Only this time I got a small bar under the apple, but then it also stopped. Ok, lets try to add -x to GraphicsEnabler=No and it went on booting. Everything seems to work, except for the Lan, but probably I have to fill in the ip-address manually. Only on reboot I still have to enter the command line GraphicsEnabler=No -x to get it going.
How can I solve this boot problem??????

Simply add the appropriate entries and flags (GraphicsEnabler=NO/YES, -v, -f, etc.) to the org.chameleon.Boot.plist in your /Extra directory. 

K0st

K0st

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Hi,i'm trying to install maverick on my laptop but i have always a blackscreen .

My config (look like a mba 4.1) : Core i5 2467M,IntelHD3000,Intel HM65,SSD 128Go

I've tried GraphicsEnabler: yes & no and always the same result = blackscreen =/

With PCIRootUid=No ,it freeze .I deleted NV&Ati Ktext but it change nothing .

Is there a problem with the graphics ,maybe on the bios ?

macgirl

macgirl

Stargate's Pharaoh

• Retired
  • 7,612 posts
  • Interests:Techie gadgets

I'm typing this from Mavericks booted up on my GA-P35-DS3L. I have not been able to try out the latest Chameleon on the myHack installer yet, but still plan to. Video works fine with graphic enabler set to yes, but I had to use ##### to install the Lnx2Mac Realtek driver for ethernet. More when I know more.

I trying to run Mavericks on my old GA-P35-DS3L, I installed it with my Mac Pro, so Mavericks is fresh and good but I’m stuck some point before GUI shows,

This is my 5th installation of Mavericks, 2 on real Mac an 2 more on hackitosh PCs

Here is my specs:

http://staff.osx86project.org/macgirl/

Could you tell me which kexts did you replace?

macgirl

macgirl

Stargate's Pharaoh

• Retired
  • 7,612 posts
  • Interests:Techie gadgets

Here is where my P35-DS3L is stuck:

Attached File  IMG_8315.jpeg   171.21KB   17 downloads

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,907 posts

This is a framebuffer/general graphics issue. Try:

- safe boot (-x);

- GraphicsEnabler=No;

- both steps above at the same time.

If no luck, remove all graphics kexts from your /S/L/E and you'll get to the desktop in VESA mode. Reinstall all graphics kexts with latest kext utility, then sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions and diskutil repairPermissions /

Good luck!

LukeUSDreamer

LukeUSDreamer

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

The good news is I am now running with my GA-G31M-ES2L and Mavericks, bad news - not full.   I have the latest Fakesmc but still can't reboot or shutdown w/o Kernel panic. Ideas??   Other news, I liked the performance in ML better than Mavericks..    So at this point, people not able to get it run aren't really missing out in my opinion...

---Update my Kernel panic was related to the generic XHCI USB drivers floating around.    Guess my PCI-E USB3 card isn't so Mavericks friendly.... Removed those drivers and works fine now...

Hi guys! I too am having a hard time trying to get my hackintosh to work!  :( 

My system configuration is: Intel Core 2 Duo on Gigabyte G31M-ES2L + Nvidia GeForce 8400 GS.

I can confirm that I got the installer to boot with the following flags:

-v PCIRootID=1 GraphicsEnabler=1 "GraphicsMode"="1920x1080x32"

Hope this is useful!

Once booted, the installation went through and almost everything is working now, but I'm having issues with audio, sleep, shutdown and reboot.

I'm particularly concerned with audio, I've already tried every possible configuration and kext (VoodooHDA, many different patched AppleHDAs), without success..!  :wallbash: 

thevoiceover, I seem to understand that you managed to get audio running...would you be so kind to share what worked for you?
Thanks a lot if anyone can help! icon_thumbup.gif

kennethgooswit

kennethgooswit

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Simply add the appropriate entries and flags (GraphicsEnabler=NO/YES, -v, -f, etc.) to the org.chameleon.Boot.plist in your /Extra directory. 

Hi thanks for the reply. I had to figure out how to unlock the plist to make the changes. Ok, but another problem is that I cannot get my Ethernet working and the system doesn't mount usb drives and sticks. Do you know what I have to do? I installed the Mavericks several times now, but every time I have to skip the Ethernet installation to continue. Thanks for helping me out!

Rampage Dev

Rampage Dev

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 1,994 posts

Why those flags?

-v is Ok

Do you have single core cpu? i don't think so

npci? why do the installation stops on Pci configuration begin?

Graphic enabler is just if you don't see anything black screen.

Delete all graphic HD kext in S/L/E and then ues GE yes or no.

Start just with -v and see what happens.

Stop!

Try

Stop!

If you do not understand what each flag does or what they are used for please stop trying to help by trowing ones out or adding flags. 

Cavallo you clearly do not understand them at all so I would recommend you to read the boot loader boot flag documentation. Please do not attempt to help others without a clear understanding as you will only mislead new users. 

Jasjeet PCIRootID=0 is the default that the boot loader uses so adding this flag does not help. GE=No was correctly added to the string but removing cpus=1 was not correct. 

kennethgooswit

kennethgooswit

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hi thanks for the reply. I had to figure out how to unlock the plist to make the changes. Ok, but another problem is that I cannot get my Ethernet working and the system doesn't mount usb drives and sticks. Do you know what I have to do? I installed the Mavericks several times now, but every time I have to skip the Ethernet installation to continue. Thanks for helping me out!

I think Iam going to start all over again because I cannot get the Ethernet going and the usb-sticks/drive are not mounting.

cavallo

cavallo

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Stop!

Stop!

If you do not understand what each flag does or what they are used for please stop trying to help by trowing ones out or adding flags. 

Cavallo you clearly do not understand them at all so I would recommend you to read the boot loader boot flag documentation. Please do not attempt to help others without a clear understanding as you will only mislead new users. 

Jasjeet PCIRootID=0 is the default that the boot loader uses so adding this flag does not help. GE=No was correctly added to the string but removing cpus=1 was not correct. 

I will do, sorry. 

XanthraX

XanthraX

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts

For all who have troubles to get audio to work, I recommend this (or similar--I do not make advertising). http://www.newegg.co...N82E16829118007

Using this, you can forget patching audio or reapply patched AppleHDA after every system update. Just plug this in the USB and plug the audio jack in and switch Audio out in System Preferences to USB audio adapter.

bossob

bossob

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Interests:N/A

made an installer from mavericks to test its usability,;-) works very well if i select my own extra directory,even works with my dsdt.aml booted first time only needed to install driver for my usb wifi recover,intel hd4000 worked out of the box if i moved the slider for up scaling a few millimeters or else it was blurred, but thats nothing to do with nyhack, i removed all graphics kext from s/l/e except appleintel drivers it takes approximately a minute to load graphics the first time. thats okay.

sound can be installed from pandoras box ;-) witch i also used to remove the graphics kext from usb installer.i upped it at t.p.b. uncompressed to 16 gb key  image.

tnx, to pandorasbox and myhack installer for good software :-)

my hack  mdi b75ma-e31  2x sad disk 8gb ram sound onboard 887 ,usb wifi,everything works full hd and all.

mohsenmehrvarz

mohsenmehrvarz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

guys is there any chance to install mavericks on Intel DZ87KLT-75K?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy