[Guide] Gigabyte Z77X UD5H Clover UEFI Install/Tweak guide

xpamamadeus

465 posts in this topic

I took a gamble and bought a UD5H with bent pins off of ebay. After a bit of work and one broken pin, I got the system up and running. Windows is running fine and I will work on getting my OSX install from my old desktop up and running on Clover tonight.

There are 2 version of mods.

First one have HDAEnablerkext and its intended for using with patched applehda without DSDT.

Second its without HDAEnablerkext and this one needs DSDT edits to enable audio.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iv6bqcrj8c5hae7/Z77XUD5HF14%28hda%20enabler%20included%29.rom.zip

https://www.dropbox.com/s/olvwycp2dm7lg1p/Z77XUD5HF14%28no%20hda%20enabler%29.rom.zip

After installing OSX u need to make DSDT and install modded applehda.kext

Or if u use version with HDAEnabler then just install moded applehda.kext.

Not quite understanding: are these two audio driver + bios versions designed for use with a specific Z77-UD5H board revision?

Such as: 1.0 with blue capacitors, 1.0 with purple capacitors, or 1.1?

Or: are these designed for general experimental use with any of these 3 board revisions?

Not quite understanding: are these two audio driver + bios versions designed for use with a specific Z77-UD5H board revision?

Such as: 1.0 with blue capacitors, 1.0 with purple capacitors, or 1.1?

Or: are these designed for general experimental use with any of these 3 board revisions?

no its for all boards... but one version for use audio with HDAEnabler and 2nd for use audio with DSDT (WITHOUT HDAEnabler)

Followed directions on the first post to set up Clover boot and BIOS. Everything seems to work except the OSX login screen never comes up. Looks like a graphics issue. I have had this issue in the past with other hardware.

Also, Clover doesn't detect my SSD since I changed hardware. Kind of important as it's the one with my Windows 7 install on it.

Followed directions on the first post to set up Clover boot and BIOS. Everything seems to work except the OSX login screen never comes up. Looks like a graphics issue. I have had this issue in the past with other hardware.

Also, Clover doesn't detect my SSD since I changed hardware. Kind of important as it's the one with my Windows 7 install on it.

post config.plist

maybe u hide that ssd drive ?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd"><plist version="1.0"><dict>	<key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>	<dict>		<key>Debug</key>		<false/>		<key>KernelCpu</key>		<false/>		<key>AsusAICPUPM</key>		<false/>		<key>AppleRTC</key>		<false/>		<key>KextsToPatch</key>		<array>		<dict>			<key>Find</key>			<data>QVBQTEUgU1NEAA==</data>			<key>Name</key>			<string>IOAHCIBlockStorage</string>			<key>Replace</key>			<data>AAAAAAAAAAAAAA==</data>		</dict>		</array>	</dict>	<key>ACPI</key>	<dict>		<key>GenerateIvyStates</key>		<true/>	</dict>	<key>DisableDrivers</key>	<array>		<string>Nothing</string>	</array>	<key>RtVariables</key>	<dict>		<key>MountEFI</key>		<true/>		<key>LogLineCount</key>		<integer>3000</integer>		<key>LogEveryBoot</key>		<string>Yes</string>		<key>MLB</key>		<string>C02LL3TVDWYN16661</string>	</dict>	<key>GUI</key>	<dict>		<key>Theme</key>		<string>metal</string>		<key>Timeout</key>		<integer>5</integer>		<key>DefaultBootVolume</key>		<string>Hackintosh HD</string>		<key>DebugLog</key>		<false/>		<key>Mouse</key>		<dict>			<key>Enabled</key>			<true/>			<key>Speed</key>			<integer>1</integer>		</dict>		<key>Volumes</key>		<dict>		</dict>		<key>HideEntries</key>		<dict>		</dict>	</dict>	<key>PCI</key>	<dict>		<key>USBInjection</key>		<false/>		<key>USBFixOwnership</key>		<false/>		<key>InjectClockID</key>		<false/>	</dict>	<key>SystemParameters</key>	<dict>		<key>boot-args</key>		<string>slide=0 GraphicsEnabler=No -v</string>		<key>prev-lang:kbd</key>		<string>en:0</string>		<key>InjectSystemID</key>		<true/>	</dict>	<key>SMBIOS</key>	<dict>		<key>BiosVendor</key>		<string>Apple Inc.</string>		<key>FirmwareFeatures</key>		<string>0x80001437</string>		<key>ProductName</key>		<string>Macmini6,2</string>		<key>SerialNumber</key>		<string>C02LL3TVDWYN</string>	</dict>	<key>Graphics</key>	<dict>		<key>PatchVBios</key>		<false/>	</dict></dict></plist>
Mobo Revision 1.1

Bios 15q

GPU is GTX 660

Edit: Flashed Ozmosis v6 and OSX is now booting without issue. Windows and clover partitions were in first boot list but disappeared after second boot. VoodooHda working fine with spdif audio.

Ozmosis v6 timings were done by hand using phone stopwatch. Time is from selecting boot device from F12 menu to OS login screen.

Windows 7 x64, MBR boot on Intel 80gb X25-M SSD

21.1 seconds

21.3 seconds

21.5 seconds

Mountain Lion 10.8.4, GPT boot on Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 250gb

40.4 seconds

37.7 seconds

36.0 seconds

Mavericks 10.9 DP6, GPT boot on Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 250gb

32.3 seconds

32.4 seconds

Hi XP

I now have a fully working ozmosis mod on my Z77X UP5 board with Atheros WiFi,custom dsdt injected in AmiBoardInfo,working Graphics with both Hd4000 and discrete Zotac GTX 680 (with gop modded Asus firmware). Working sound with both alc 898 and HDMI,HW monitor sensors working with new Kozlak FakeSMC,sleep and Wake and whatever there is more.

What is not working is TRIM for my two ssd sandisk extreme and secondly the most important Windows 8 is not loading. 

When loading Win 8 I receive a message from windows type that windows can't load like when bootmgr is missing. After that a black dos screen with a text saying something like "press F1 to go to bios and reconfigure your bisos settings" 

I'm running my setup in uefi mode and biossettings is according to your first post. Everything is working like a Dream with clover so it must be something in my modded bios.

Any input

Regards from obus

Ps. i've tried to uppload my zipped rom but failed because i don't have the permissions.

Hei milj great news , now dont have error shell bla bla bla , i see my gui clover ...but if start on ml ...pc blocked on Apple ...so ?

Ps: if set on bios ML and not UEFI ( ml ) i dont see gui , but pc restart

what happens if u press home button when u see bios logo screen?

Milj i dont unterstand your question ...i have disabled from bios logo asus ...but repeat if set on bios SAMSUNG 840 pro where i have Clover , i see my gui , and if put or ML or Raid ...i see only Apple and gray screen...unterstand .

Ps: but i dont have error shell bla bla ...do u remeber ?

can u start ozmosis gui by pressing "home" button before bios start to boot osx?

can u boot by pressing f12 and choose osx boot volume ?